Why are people in the academia so awkward?

By autistic mess, I'm talking about blissfull social unawareness and general awkwardness: poor coordination, difficulty in spatialisation, coordination and localisation, or even panic attacks in social situations at the worst.

You'd think people with powerful reasoning skills would be able to pick up social cues faster than any other individual. But it's not the case. Instead, they become social parias, known as 'nerds' or 'dorks'.

Why is it that academia makes people completely socially retarded and emotionally stunted?

I've noticed that the smarter you are, the less likely you are to be socially adept.

This im dumb as bricks but I have no problem with being social or making friends

The smarter you are, the better you can deal with social situations and such. Reasoning skills aren't the only aspects of intelligence, most people with high reasoning skills just lack in other departments.

Upbringing - socialization/culture, education ...
its differs for every person yet this should be a given for the average person:

the more you know, the likely you're to realize how little and lacking it is and how powerless you are> you see more problems than solutions, as solutions aren't simple and usually devised over night or on a whim ...

If you don't you're either dumb, rich, overly confident and not broken yet.

What you need to do is specialize on something and pound that shit until you're the master of it > apply that in a way you make a living and be content for a lifetime.

you have to have room left in you brain RAM for teh maths lel
Deactivate skype and anti-virus...run a linux while at it

in my experience, clever people tend to overthink trivial things and be anxious about them.

Just my two cents, but I think it's that with the capacity to think comes the capacity to overthink. Normies seem normal because they're not thinking about how long to make eye contact with the cashier they'll end up talking to in 30 seconds. It's a natural reflexive thing for normies to be appropriate. Spergs question everything and are, in effect, overwhelmed by the number of actions they might take at any given point in time. Spaghetti is the natural result of this overstimulated confusion.

doubt that is a trait of "clever people" but in general a thing of people who are into details ... about some things

yeah this, the key to social interaction in all the books is to be bold and take risks, intelligent people do not want to fail so they calculate and overthink the optimal social interaction when the most effective way is to do it and not care about the results. Anyone who has a lot of social standing no doubt had a lot of failure but by bruteforcing everything, they come out ahead more experienced and popular

>powerful reasoning skills

you meant to say "powerful absorption skills".

you are asking why jarheads don't know how to function in situations they are not trained for.

Hyper specialization early career is a cancer and it's why almost no one in academia ever has a thought of value to the scientific community. If you don't do it though you're fucked because you'll never have access to the training needed to be successful.

I don't know anybody like this. Who are you talking about?

t. Stem major.

Have you ever visited New England? Most people there are intelligent and very sociable

>tfw spaghetti even though I'm rarely thinking about it when engaging in social interactions

I don't think you are, Leafbro. If you were, you wouldn't be here.

It requires intelligence to comprehend political concepts, and I can bet my ass that stupid people wouldn't come here a second time.

You'd be seriously fucking wrong and you're probably a retard yourself for saying so

I was implying that it's a general trend, not a definite fact.

Aren't New Englanders ethnically mostly British? Brits are usually bantzmasters but also smart as hell. Their southern counterparts (Aussies) are more sociable and have even better bantz, but are usually less smart than Brits

Horrible argument my man.

What I'm implying is that apart from awoo shitposting, the things posted on this board do require at least some intelligence.

If this Canadian is as he says - dumb as a bag of rocks - there is no way in hell he would enjoy coming here.

It wasn't an argument.

And being a retard myself I know a fellow retard when I see one. Either your standard for intelligence is very low or you're somehow unaware that most of this board is just shitposting, memes, and arguing about race. Actual political discussion is leas than half of what we do here, and if you believe otherwise you're even fucking dumber than I think you are.

jk lol I just wanted to be dramatic for a second

anyways off to bed