I've been studying a bit of Russian history lately and I'm genuinely curious for the opinion of Russians on Sup Forums:

I've been studying a bit of Russian history lately and I'm genuinely curious for the opinion of Russians on Sup Forums:

Was communism the worst thing to happen to Russia's architecture, music, literature and culture as a whole?

Scientifically it was great, but it feels like Russia lost a part of its soul so to speak.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Only_Old_Men_Are_Going_to_Battle
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/And_Quiet_Flows_the_Don
youtu.be/8p7dJN2UjAw
youtu.be/FxHJLtu-9lI
youtu.be/qe0NTzXJb3w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Communism did brought millions of deaths to Russia but it did industrialize the country in few years. So communism was a good and bad thing that happen in Russia

It was the second worst thing that happened to russia. But it created it's own share of cultural achievments. The worst thing that happened to us was it's fall. Because while it's rise was a violent, wasteful exercise it was progress. It's fall was a step back. More like leap back. It's been ~30 years since disastrous perestroika, and we still haven't recovered even half of what we were before it.

They industrialized in X years instead of 2x years.

Was the time worth the millions of lives and inevitable fall of communism?

probs not idk

what can you possibly know about a soul obese prozac addicted subhuman

>Was communism the worst thing to happen to Russia
yes

Some fantastic literature came out of the 20th century under communism. Some of it was censored but is all available now. Andrei Platonov, Yuri Olesha, Victor Erofeev, Solzhenitzyn, Bulgakov.

It did a lot for solidifying Russian identity as it had always been in a weird spot between not really European and not really Asiatic. The literature of this time period captured any soul that would've been lost.

Not a commy btw

t. Russian major

Communism raped Russia so fucking hard. To get back what was lost, you would have to genocide 50 million bydlos.

Russia probably lost 10 IQ points in the last century.

Do i have to know Russian to be in the Russian military? Also do they take in ppl on their 28-35 of age?

Russia and most of eastern Europe would be like western Europe if it want for communism although it would probably be as left leaning and globalist as western Europe too

OP should know that communism wasn't in Russia it's was just shitty experiment no more

This pretty much.
Cant fuck with the Russian soul. If anything it only gained from communism

Touche.

>Scientifically it was great,
This is a bait thread. Do not respond.

You can tell bait threads OP putting forth his opinion as a fact in some side line instead of the main topic he wants to discuss. Like setting up a false premise as fact then asking a question based upon this false premise hypothetical.

What?

The USSR made great scientific progress in space exploration, aviation, mineral extraction and rocketry to name a few.

What are you even going on about?

pic related, dipshit

Communism is the worst thing ever happened with russian people, yes. But surprisingly there were lots of good soviet movies and novels.

Check:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Only_Old_Men_Are_Going_to_Battle

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/And_Quiet_Flows_the_Don

Sholohov deserved that Noble prise.

Also music:

youtu.be/8p7dJN2UjAw
youtu.be/FxHJLtu-9lI
youtu.be/qe0NTzXJb3w

But architecture is uhh..

Eh, personally I will always hold a soft spot for Alexander Nevsky when it comes to Soviet film

the one thing they failed to do was somehow keep the legacy of Lenin etc. as a national pride thing. it would have kept things together.

the Chinese had the exact same issue but they embraced Mao as a cultural heritage of pride. the Chinese will tell you he did some very bad things but also pushed the country forward and they are proud of that.
as a consequence the Chinese are still one united front.
the Russians are fucked.

No. There were tons of great music, literature, cinema, animation and other culture created in Soviet Union.

Here is the issue. Aristocrats and the elite create culture; music, art, theatre, philosophy and so on. All these pursuits are the most useless for survival and expansion, but they create cultural substance or a 'soul' of a society - as you put it.

Getting rid up the upper class stops cultural progress. This is most evident in many modern countries, where art is practiced by hobbyists and students, and falls by the way side when they take up industrial or commercial jobs. Look at modern culture in countries like America, Australia and Britain and analyse their cultural development recently (ie. almost non-existent).

The renaissance was the height of aristocracy, nobility and wealthy elite that could utilise their time developing culture, but it ended with the fall of those very nobles who had taken too much. In contrast to the renaissance, the communist revolution was a boon for science and industry. Nobody could afford to pursue endevours that didn't make money or supported the state and naturally people became scientists or workers.

The issue with the USSR however was that the plebeians had set themselves up as nobility, but acted like plebs and didn't pursue culture to keep up the act. It was the worst of both worlds, plebs with all the money and prestige but unable to develop culture due to ideology.

This is why the USSR failed, culture is a fundamental requirement of civilisation. There needs to be balance between science, commerce, industry and art. This is why America will fail and also why Russia will fail. Neglect one area for too long and an entire civilisation will crumble. Incidentally, this is why Rome fell as well.

At the moment Russia is a husk of its former self. Poorly bred plebs run a country based on bribes and extortions and the wealthy elite take too much and give back too little. Corruption always fails in the end. Russia will experience a revolution soon enough and will be back to square one again.

Jewish created plague called communism wiped out Russian intelligentsia, they are fucked up ever since.

>convicts talk about culture
Even more hilarious than when Americans do it.

>culture is a fundamental requirement of civilisation

Well i say working government and social institutes are the requirment of civilisation. Culture is a whore of ruling elite, like it or not. Always was and will be.

USSR and USA culture is absolute shit comparing to ancient greece. USSR broke because of fantastic stubborness and retardness of economic thought in USSR. But US is more then alive and will not broke, not in my life. Why? Working major institutions.

My cultural background is German and British. Don't lump me together with Australian plebs.

USA will fall, one way or another. Capitalism is just as bad as communism.

Peter the Great happened. And then Katherine the Great happened

The first has centralized the state after the german and french model and made the Orthodoxy a complete government puppet

The second subordinated Russia to prussian officers and prussian political aims, like the partitions of Poland and Lithuania. This led to a clinch in the middle of the continent, gave rise to Prussia, and then annihilated Russia in the end

Basically when Russia decided to abandon any alliance with Poland-Lithuania, and turned to Western countries, this is when its major mistakes began

>Russia will experience a revolution soon enough and will be back to square one again.
If you actully would pay attention to russian politics you'd know that in order to prevent this putin is right now purging our government. A week doesn't go by w/o a politician getting fired or thrown out of office.

I'm sure some of it is just removing enemies, but given that pmuch everyone's corrupt to this degree or that it really is improving the situation. Not saying Putin's perfect. But he has been doing a pretty decent job cracking down on corruption he had to build his government around back in the day.