FBI Disputer CIA's "Fuzzy and Unambiguous" claim that Russia hacked election

Basically FBI called CIA out on their lack of evidence, refused to bend over, saving some credibility.

>A senior FBI counterintelligence official met with Republican and Democrat members of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence in order to give the bureau’s view of a recent CIA report. The official did not concur with the CIA, frustrating Democrats.

>The CIA report was “direct, bold and unqualified,” one of the officials at the meeting told The Washington Post Saturday.

>The FBI official was much less convinced of the claims, providing “fuzzy” and “ambiguous” remarks.

>The competing messages, according to officials in attendance, also reflect cultural differences between the FBI and the CIA. The bureau, true to its law enforcement roots, wants facts and tangible evidence(OP's note: lol) to prove something beyond all reasonable doubt. The CIA is more comfortable drawing inferences from behaviour.

Basically FBI wants actual proof like it's law, and (((they))) led CIA is kikering all over.

>Well, that certainly seems reasonable...who needs "facts and tangible evidence" when the CIA can just "draw inferences"...they're supposedly really smart so we should probably just believe them.

zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-12/fbi-disputes-cias-fuzzy-and-ambiguous-claims-russia-sought-influence-presidential-el

bizpacreview.com/2016/12/12/fbi-disagrees-cia-russian-influence-presidential-election-422763

washingtonpost.com/amphtml/world/national-security/fbi-and-cia-give-differing-accounts-to-lawmakers-on-russias-motives-in-2016-hacks/2016/12/10/c6dfadfa-bef0-11e6-94ac-3d324840106c_story.html?client=safari

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/b2dewDwIQyM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=OKkLV1zE8M0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dr pavel i'm the j00s

CIA btfo

CIA, I'm FBI

Lol what a bunch of looooooosers

#loserhilary

i am confused

POO

According to the CIA, these two are responsible for rigging the US election.

GAS THE CIA
AGENCY WARS NOW

I hope Trump completely fucking cleans house with the CIA and removes them ALL. Most of them are probably Bill Clinton/Obama plants anyway.

This is impossible.

The funny thing is how a far-left party said that Trump X Clinton was a war between the FBI & Army X CIA & NSA.
Good luck, amerigoys. I don't like you, but there are probably decent people in your country and I don't want them in the cross-fire.

The apparent internal war between the FBI and the CIA is probably the one single issue that has me genuinely enthralled right now. Like, what the fuck is going on?

The Feds have always been the boy scouts. The untouchables. They've had to be because they've always had the most public face of law enforcement in the country.

We've long known the CIA gets their hands far dirtier and, essentially, have to because they operate in more shadow environments.

What concerns me is there is a clear break between the two right now. It just makes me think the FBI got record of the CIA doing some shit they are way, way, way against and they're basically saying, "all right, enough is enough." Maybe it came from the NSA or maybe it came from an outside actor or inside leaker.

Who knows? Speculation. Again, the people at the FBI, while often depicted as up tight and follow the letter of the law type of people, are just that - up tight and follow the letter of the law type of people. The CIA are the opposite. As long as the end goal is achieved, the law is more of a guideline than a rule.

Obviously, just like a small town police force has concerns about funding, etc., and want as much as possible, the major agencies are no stranger to these same concerns. Is it all simply a play for a bigger piece of the pie when it comes to future funding? Who knows, man. Who knows?

It's all really strange. Fascinating, but really strange. I also find it interesting to note the alphabet agencies that are staying out of it. That are letting FBI and CIA sort of "have it out," so to speak.

The fact two federal agencies are at odds over the narrative is a huge deal. I don't think people understand how big a deal this is.

Even the fucking recounts were more disturbing than this shit. Because there is no evidence or solid proof of ROOSKIE INTERFERENCE.
And yes, the recount is done.

Wow. The FBI are a punch of politically motivated right wing shills. What a surprise.

The FBI is the last bastion of law and order left in America. I had my doubts about James Comey but I know that there were a bunch of mid-level guys that revolted.

FBI confirmed for good guys.

When people say "interference" they really mean:

>RUSSIA HACKED INTO THE CLINTONS AND THE DNC AND EXPOSED DAMAGING EMAILS ABOUT THEM
>IT CHANGED THE MINDS OF VOTERS

It's about Clinton. She was CIA's cover girl and the FBI investigation her caused the schism.

It is not only possible, it is happening. JSOC tried to take over CIA with Petraeus. CIA scandalled Petraeus away. Now it looks like JSOC is going to have its way with CIA on payperview and no confected scandal can help Langley.

> RUSSIA HACKED
It was FBI

>What concerns me is there is a clear break between the two right now. It just makes me think the FBI got record of the CIA doing some shit they are way, way, way against and they're basically saying, "all right, enough is enough." Maybe it came from the NSA or maybe it came from an outside actor or inside leaker.
Not the first time it happened. If you get bored read "The Black Banners" by ex-FBI agent Ali Soufan. Spoiler: FBI has higher standards for this shit.

>the FBI investigation on* her caused the schism.

Petraeus was an actual idiot though. The scandal wasn't fabricated, and now he wants to disarm Americans of their right to keep and bear arms. He needs to be shot.

CIA BTFO

Really? I thought they fought all the time. Isn't one of the failures of 9/11 that all the intelligence agencies hate eachother and refused to share information which would otherwise have warned of a massive attack?

Not working together is very different from interagency wafare.

I'd let them rig my election if you know what I mean

When FBI officials meet with CIA officials:
youtu.be/b2dewDwIQyM

That was more of the agencies playing for keeps and keeping each other in the dark for more funding.

What's happening here with Russia is different. You have the FBI, top law enforcement agency in America if not the world, publicly questioning the CIA. And the CIA has enough skeletons in their closet.

Money. Who the fuck do you think is taking massive payoffs? Those in charge. Why would those in charge try to work against the U.S.? Because they are balls deep in classified actions in multiple fucking countries right now to eliminate leaders like Assad over what? Oil and other natural resources. To ensure a pipeline to Israel is untouched and run from SA. CIA stepping up and outright lying like the pieces of fucking shit they are for Clinton ensures they get a blank check to do ANYTHING they want with whatever the fuck they want.

I see the CIA right now as absolutely corrupt faggots who are collectively trying to run the country themselves from behind the scenes. How many off-shore bank accounts do you think the CIA has access to, and how much money do they have access to remove without anyone asking questions about? I'm sure those faggots have been lining their own pockets with those bank accounts, transferring money from these secret govt accounts to their own off-shore accounts, which the greenlight from superiors and the corrupt fucking president himself.

This is my larger point. Forget the election. The fact that the FBI and the CIA are literally and publicly going at it is the most fascinating story in American politics right now. To me, at least.

I can't confirm every Fed is a good guy. I can confirm that the vast majority of Feds are super 'murica and believe in truth, justice, and the American way and all that stuff.

I know they liked her. I think it was either one of two things. A.) They had a metric shit ton of shit on her and the senpai (definite possibility). But it could be the even simpler B.) Since Bush 1, through Clinton, through Bush 2, and then Obama, they've had the biggest piece of the pie, in regards to funding, and they want to keep the gravy train flowing. It's possible the Feds have watched all this go on for the last 20-30 years or so, saw their opportunity, took it, are making their push, and the CIA knows this and are fighting against it.

>FBI has higher standards for this shit.

I know. Unless you're inferring something opposite of what I'm thinking.

which begs the real question:

whose side is the NSA on?

The FBI is a law enforcement agency. The CIA is an intelligence agency. Naturally they are going to come to different conclusions because they are looking at different data.

While they do share some data I doubt the CIA has given the FBI all the data has on the Russian situation. From the perspective of the FBI this looks fishy. Regardless the FBI is not doing any investigation overseas, they are to operate on US soil. Their internal knowledge of a Russian program would be highly limited.

Its not the job of the CIA to convince the FBI, its their job to convince congress an the president. Those are the people that will get the full picture and make a decision.

>Hello FBI are you reading this thread. No one trusts you. You were up to plenty of dirty tricks when Hoover was in charge, and still are.

I love it when agencies are pitted against me another. The CIA should be pressed for their data to prove to ththe FBI that they are incorrect. Let's see what the CIA really knows or if this is just a bunch of speculative horse shit

They fight all the time in the sense that they're in a competition with each other, like any alpha dog is. They want to be seen as the best and the brightest and yada, yada, yada.

It's very abnormal for them to A.) be publicly taking such different positions and B.) no one up top telling them to knock it the fuck off and deal with it more privately.

The movie The Siege gives a good representation of the Feds and the Spooks ongoing relationship.

>Russia wanted the candidate who wants to restore diplomatic ties between their nation and the United States
>Russia wanted the candidate who did not threaten them with war

Really makes me think

Nobody disputes that the hacked e-mails are real, but instead of talking about the corruption they exposed in our own fucking government they want to argue about who exposed it and why.

>So the scans just came in and we found a tumor on your right lung...
>SO WHAT? WHY WOULD YOU TELL ME THAT? WHAT'S YOUR ANGLE, DOCTOR IVAN? WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?

Jesus Christ, liberals.

Every intelligence organization in the US agrees that the Russians were up to something, the extent of which is being debated.

The FBI is the lone dissenter

CIA vs FBI vs NSA when? I want a deathmatch.

The NSA is with CIA.

Don't worry there are hidden meetings leaked that Trump will eliminate the CIA once he takes office

Based FBI

It's like a burglar breaking into a home only to stumble in on a murder in progress, and the murder blames the burglar for witnessing the crime.

The NSA is with Trump too. That is where the "hacking" came from.

The CIA's job goes beyond petty politics. They're the ones protecting the US from outside influence.

The FBI has always been a bunch of political hacks populated by incompetent pussies that couldn't get in to the CIA, NRO, NSA, or DIA. They were playing around in politics back in J. Edgar Hoover's time, and they're still playing around in politics to this day.

Remember how Robert Hanssen literally handed the Russians the names of all of our agents in the Soviet Union and disclosed the whereabouts of all our fucking nuclear submarines in the 1980's? Guess what agency he was working for.

That's just management though

Isn't the NSA basically Cyber Warfare Command, and didn't that sphere of activities get shifted to the military?

USA is a police state.
There are a lot of even private (again - private) secret agensies.

Who /teamFBI/ here?

Wisconsins will finish by tomorrow, Trump actually gained votes
Waste of 6 milliom i say

That is completely untrue. CIA wanted to destroy the NSA due to the NSA stepping on their toes.

>The CIA's job goes beyond petty politics.

To be believed they have to be apolitical. If your commander in chief doubts the intelligence he can't effectively run the country. For all their issues they have always placed country before political party, if they didn't they would no longer exist

Both are like 80% mormon
I want front row tickets.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=OKkLV1zE8M0

Who wouldve thought it was literally nothing

>CIA wanted to destroy the NSA due to the NSA stepping on their toes.
Care to explain?

CIA needs a Night of the Long Knives and to be purged of all the ZOG filth that supplies IS and co. in weapons and funds them to attack Western countries.

JSOC?

Joint Special Operations Command

>he has no idea who Herbert Hoover is

You can't talk politics ever again. Leave. Anything you say again in this thread is instantly discredited.

This. Let's not forget that the NSA finally showed their hand after all these years of speculation, and it seems the NSA's "viewpoint" to their job is to act as silent but all-knowing, and acts through information leaks to spread their influence.

It is a very strange trio of organizations we have, but if they can be set to constantly check each other, in the spirit of our checks and balances, then the future is going to be very fun.

Kek, it's literally the opposite.
The CIA does shady shit all the time and often operates above the law.
Look up Operation Northwoods for just one example.
They don't have the US' interests at heart, it's whatever benefits them the most. They're willing to go to war and play with American lives to do it.

>To be believed they have to be apolitical. If your commander in chief doubts the intelligence he can't effectively run the country. For all their issues they have always placed country before political party, if they didn't they would no longer exist
>they (THE CIA) have always placed country before political party

You may be the stupidest user I've seen on Sup Forums, I've been here since 2005.
Congrats.

If you are confused you are a dumb nigger, everyone with reason know that Russian Intervention in muh elections is Clintons-Soros bullshit.

Herbert Hoover ran the FBI you fucking moron. He was political as fuck and even Nixon loved his ass. He kept dirty secrets on everyone.

The CIA has nothing to do with Hoover, they actually do their fucking job and don't play DC games

I tend to agree with you. I'm not a fan. Personally thinking about leaving the country but desu the whole world is a police state unless you want to go to some third world shit hole. Don't act like you're not being watched 24/7 too Ivan.

What do you think the whole Edward Snowden situation was about? Leak information about the NSA to discredit that institution. I mean hell, Snowden worked FOR The CIA before be subbed to the NSA and eventually grabbed the NSA files and leaked them.

It's drawing conclusions, but isn't that what the CIA does anyway? Draw conclusions to establish parallels,

>CIA has nothing to do with Hoover, they actually do their fucking job and don't play DC games
The CIA very much does play DC games and politics. Like I said earlier, read Soufan's "The Black Banners" or equivalent articles on Wikipedia or something. They caved hard to political pressure at the time, and it was very much a clusterfuck.

The NSA has info on practically everything the CIA does, and the CIA hates that with a passion. The NSA has eyes everywhere, which makes them a natural enemy of the covert style of the CIA.

>Nobody disputes that the hacked e-mails are real
Actually democrats have been trying to spin a narrative that goes like this
>Russia hacked into the DNC emails, then released 100% fake not true emails that they created.

>The CIA's job goes beyond petty politics. They're the ones protecting the US from outside influence.
>Israel, Saudi
They are doing a really shitty job at this.

Thank you very much.

The CIA's job is to subvert, and yet they are leaking shit on the next president of the US in order to make him look bad. That's the state we're in.

The Russians are incompetent bumblefucks, they couldn't have intervened in OP's ass, let alone a US presidential election.

>they actually do their fucking job and don't play DC games
How do you not know how shady the CIA is? They are literally the opposite of what you think they are.

They overthrow democratically elected governments of countries that aren't even countries yet

People trust the FBI far more than the CIA.

>Auto
Isnt it funny they are essentially admitting the electronic voting is a shit system that can be easily breached by any competent hacker and theres no investigation unless its requested?

>They overthrow democratically elected governments of countries
This is the best part. The CIA is best known for overthrowing governments, and here they are trying to overthrow their own.

Really makes me think.

>doubting the x files guys

Underrated

POO IN LOO

> Basically FBI wants actual proof like it's law, and (((they))) led CIA is kikering all over.

Good.

But anons.. we were told the FBI were the leakers... Think about that for a minute. CIA says russia did it... fBi goes.. prove it (cos we know we did it) therefore CIA = lies and FBI has the golden ticket.

Everything the CIA does is done for the purpose of advancing US interests. Even all that shady bullshit in the Family Jewels was done for the purpose of fighting dirty fucking commies and scheming Russians.

>Operation Northwoods
Never put into action. Even if it was, what would be its ultimate purpose? Fabricating a casus belli to fuck up Cuba so that the Russians would lose control over it.

The FBI has always played politics. They're the ones who subverted every fucking political party in the country and gutted them all for the benefit of the Republicans and Democrats. They're the ones that blackmailed citizens and politicians to get their way. They're the ones who sold us out to the Russians and took three fucking decades to patch it up.

Herbert hoover was a president user, j Edgar hoover was the FBI director

CIA is most likely telling the truth, but doesn't want to give out too much info because it would compromise legit operations.

And let's not forget this is the same FBI who 1.5 months ago sabotaged the Clinton campaign.

Thanks for Correcting The Record.

I don't know if it was FBI per se, but Julian Assange did indicate he had inside sources who needed to be careful, and pointed out the Seth Rich situation.

Also people are pointing out how Julian Assanges body language told everyone that Seth Rich was one of his insider sources.

Ohhhh baby!

It hurts so good when my record gets corrected like that!
Do it again!

How are they still around, they're not getting paid anymore...

>I hope Trump completely fucking cleans house with the CIA and removes them ALL

I'm guessing a group of people in the CIA all appointed to their position and unaware of how to conduct field work, are immoral people, I'm sure it can be investigated and cleaned up, or all this is just the NSA getting back at CIA for Snowden and Manning

I think Comey dipped back into the case right before the election because that was the point at which it was decided that Hillary would not be allowed to win the election and he wanted to hedge his bets against Trump sending him to get gassed.

Remember that despite an abundance of evidence he refused to recommend prosecution for the email violations. Even us normies know what the Clinton Foundation is really about. Comey isn't stupid, he's just compromised.

That said, I imagine the pressure on him was beyond what you or I will ever face. The Clinton Machine doesn't play nice.

Reminder that the only people who hate the FBI are pedophiles, SJWs, and literal fucking criminals.

yeah but the CIA is also just humongous, and mostly operates in cells with very little actual leadership or oversight

they have the largest logistics operation on the globe

>that fucking picture, kek.

Who /VinceFlynn/ here?

>All these people ITT trying to get me to trust the CIA, an organization that has my whole life been one constant symphony of moral bankruptcy and incompetence

I'm going to go with no.