ACLU Sues Town Over Christmas Tree Cross

fox59.com/2016/12/09/knightstown-faces-lawsuit-over-christmas-tree/

The ACLU of Indianapolis is suing the town of Knightstown over a Christmas tree because it includes a lighted cross at the top of the tree

>The ACLU filed a federal lawsuit against the town on behalf of Joseph Tompkins, a resident who said the image of the lighted cross has caused him "irreparable harm." "The cross is the best known symbol of Christianity and Knightstown's prominent display of this symbol represents an establishment of religion in violation of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution," the lawsuit states.

>The lawsuit demands the immediate removal of the cross, monetary damages and a declaration that the cross display violates the First Amendment, the Indianapolis Star reports. Mr. Tompkins alleges he is "forced to come into direct and unwelcome contact" with the cross as he drives through town.

>In a statement to FOX59, Joe maintains that being offended is not the issue, the First Amendment is. Joe says that amendment specifically prohibits the establishment of religion and Knightstown’s government display does just that. The lawsuit also specifies that Joe doesn’t want his taxes helping light and maintain a religious display on town property.

>A man who lives next to the display and looks at it from his window, says the town can solve that by giving him his money back. “I think we can find people in this town that can replace that 0.0004 cents to give to him and not have to worry about it,” said Lau Ghioc, who runs a hardware store next to the square.

i wonder who could be behind this

>this aversive reaction to the cross
jews are vampires

>jews can behead chickens in the streets
>Goys can't even cross two sticks at a certain angle or ekse it's annuda shoa

>not using an angel

Isnt that tree and cross fucking protected by the first amendment?

Whats the difference between a tree with a cross and a church or gravestone thats a cross?

at last I truly see

They will destroy those too, just you wait.

>people are disenfranchised because they work for the government
>a cross is 'establishment of religion' but being forced to read the koran in school isn't

and people tell me the aclu is good

>Pale complexion
>Holy water causes burns
>Afraid of crucifixes
>Can't enter churches
>Hunted by townspeople during the Middle Ages and after that

Hm, gets the old electrochemical pulses firing through the Ranvier's knots

But:
>Instead of being repulsed by garlic, they seemingly bathe in it, going by their cuisine and smell
>Can come in everywhere without being invited, something they do more often than not

bump

If it's a publicly funded display, it shouldn't have a religious symbol of any sort, per the constitution. That being said, there is an obvious double standard being applied against Christianity right now.

rly makes u think

twelfth post best post

The Constitution does not forbid this, it forbids establishing a state religion.

>obvious double standard being applied against Christianity
explain

If it were a rainbow flag or a crescent it would be lauded for its progressiveness

Not by residents of Indiana, but on the internet at least

ACLU IS A DOMESTIC TERRORIST ORGANIZATION
JUST LIKE NIGGER LIVES MATTER {THEY DON'T}

Good. Tell him if the sight of a cross causes you irreparable harm you're probably some satanic shitlord.. sorry bub. does going out in sunlight hurt you also?
niggaplz.jpeg

I hate jews

What are they fucking vampires or something. I'm not Christian, but there really isn't anything wrong with people celebrating Christmas, even in a public area: It brightens the place up during this depressing time of year.

>public schools funds jihadist prayer room and nobody bats an eye

solution: sell the land under the tree to a private individual who promised not to remove the tree