Trump wipes off 4 billion of Lockheed's market cap

Don't tell me Trump is a regular. His opposition to the F-35 is the single coolest thing next to the wall and the Muslim ban.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZtZNBkKdO5U
youtube.com/watch?v=LyHlp7tJrxY
youtube.com/watch?v=31oJIo8EVwY
youtube.com/watch?v=9s7-3EUXC_w
youtube.com/watch?v=QPvzEr33maM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oh well. I don't own any of it.

>trump single handedly damaged the military industrial complex more severe than any protesting hippie
>leftists are mad
Why do leftists suddenly care so much about stock prices of arms companies?

Cognitive dissonance

Source?

Maybe now they will trim the fucking fat on their organization and bill the government fairly

LMT:US closed at 259.53 on Friday and opened to a -5% drop to 247 after Trump tweeted about axing the out of control military spending like F-35. 5% off from $80bn market cap company is $4bn

The problem is he is fucking shit up with tweets. He's literally costing people money shitposting.
What the fuck is he thinking?
Our country is so fucked.

>getting rid of F-35
>cool
Explain yourself germanigger

People think that it's shit because it's had a rough gestation. But it's a next gen fighter, it's going to happen. That and I think it's a meme now to hate on it.

I'm more concerned about a butthurt trump fucking up a company's stock price because he gets into an arbitrary tiff with one.
He's a literal manchild.

LITERALLY HITLER
REEEEEEEEEEEE

Trump just gave Israel the greenlight to sell their new "junk" planes to China.

What'd you expect from a President whose background experience is being the CEO of a large business empire? The Federal Govt. are going to get a much better deal on their bids and contracts now.

Of course this comes with many problems of its own, but the logic isn't absurd.

> F35 is going to replace a-10
> meme to hate it

bruh

hey maybe next time LMT shouldnt underbid in order to get the contract and then go over budget in what, every single stage of the project?

fuck them for ripping off the american taxpayer

>inb4 hurr every contractor does that
as if that makes it right you fucking faggot?

i have zero sympathy for the military industrial complex that lives off subsidies and then turns around and fucking jews even more sheckels out of hte american tax payer.

oh and btw its not just americans its canadians too, we might axe our f35 order since its so fucking expensive and literally retarded to require air defence in this day and age, with the sam technology out there, good luck dodging something flying mach 12

>inb4 hurr stealth meme
you retards realize that you JUST delivered a free bunch of f35s to the kikes over in israel THIS MORNING! whats the FIRST thing those kikes are going to do with? sell it to the chinese/russians. stealth is a meme

fuck this plane

This is a rally, really bad excuse. There are dozens of failed projects that were years in development and ultimately cancelled because of being massively over budget, repeatedly delayed and showing not enough improvement for it.
It's very obvious that wheeling and dealing on Lockheed's end, and no doubt some kind of bribery/blackmail is the only reason the F-35 is still going.

It is shit because America should invest in drones. The only manned fighters you need are cheap, slow, ground attack fighters like the A-10 or the F-16.

>Cost 1.5 trillion
>Cuts by 4 billion
>like 0.25%
>OUTRAGE!

Why did the F35 turn out so awful anyway?

Is it because they thought they can just leech billions in costs without ever delivering an actual thing?

I fucking love finally having a liberal in office. Who new that the only way for a liberal to win the presidency was to run as a conservative?

Maybe thet shouldve bribed Hillary a little less.

And how the hell do you plan on dealing with IADS with a fucking A-10?

Pretty much. There is a great documentary about the program and the competition between Lockheed abd Boeing, the program was supposed to be fast, efficient and cheap with F-35s rolling off the factory line at 55 million a pop fully loaded and delivered to international allies and the US military. Essentially a new F-16/F-18 program, just better.

Then it turned out that modern tech doesn't work this way and Lockheed lied to get a 1.5 trillion, 45 year long taxpayer handout program.

It's how he's doing it that's the issue.
Feel drumpf's wrath via Twitter

Don't need fancy acronyms. You know why Russia is effective against ISIS and The American airforce is not?

They tried to make one airframe do too many things at once. The plan was to have Harrier like capabilities for the Muhreens, something that could handle carrier operations for the navy etc.

>bro don't worry bro just listen to what I have to say
If you don't even know what IADS is, your opinion on military aviation is worthless.
And because our leaders are spineless cowards.

Trump cutting back on F-35 as a reward to his largest supporter. #nopuppet

because Russia's government isn't funding ISIS?

So fiscally responsible. Feels good man.

>muh labels
Because most of the people who hate Trump are not leftists.

That and publicly denouncing your own Intel about Putin meddling in the election.
He's going down a dangerous path.

And why the fuck is he starting shit with China?

looks like people knew something was going to go down

I just lost 957.58$
I invested in war against sandniggers, why Trump hates me?!?
ç_ç

It will rebound. Buy more while it's cheaper.

My dad works for them, he wanted trump because he thought Trump would keep his department afloat. kek

When you shitpost so hard $4bn vanishes.

Wow, we really did drain all the aerospace brains from Germany.

The Marines, basically. They have their little non-nuclear propulsion shit-tier carriers that can only carry SVTOLs, and trying to make the F-35 do SVTOL so the Marines could have their own little retarded carriers broke the engineering. Making the Marines their own branch was a mistake. Also, never let them design anything.

Just a quick dip to shake out the institutional investors so the major players can make a quick buck. The way Trump is going there will be plenty of profit for defense contractors.

Lockheed Makes 10 trillion off USA's Market cap

You don't need IADS to carpet bomb some camel fuckers.

>There is a great documentary about the program and the competition between Lockheed abd Boeing

Name of the documentary?

laughing about the truth

shit man

He just added another goldman sachs shill to a post. So much for draining the swamp.
Fuck this clown

Brrrrt Brt Brrrrrrrrrrrrt

If I had to guess, Trump had a heated call with them. Lockheed insiders then dumped the stock because they knew he was going public.

$1.5 trillion over the course of the project which is over 20 years old. Broken down it isn't a very large portion of our defense budget and it is sorely needed. Our airframes are aging and need replaced and that is the perfect time to upgrade.

However, Lockheed should have just been honest about the costs. The overruns are hurting them publicly and could lead to one of the few worthwhile defense projects being cancelled.

Meanwhile the Amy spends another $100m choosing a new handgun. The least important weapon system ever.

Leftists are the neo neo cons liberal cons

1.6 trillion is the estimate from start until the year 2070. we have barely broken 300 billion

I have genuinely started believing that leftists are the way they are because the light of God has left them.

Even better then.

No, we hate it because it's a money scam.

We're only buying it becasue our politicians were bought by Lockheed, same as with the F-16 back in the days except now the price has gone up tremendously.

it's a piece of shit that they want to replace several different specialized aircraft but it never, ever will.

If he can do that with one tweet imagine what he will do when he is in office.

an Iad is an integrated air defense. And you do need a way to avoid or dismantle them if you want to power project. The a-10's greatest failing is one that it's old and it's manufacturer has been out of bisness for decades 2 that it is increddibly vulnerable to man portabal airdefense systems which are currently proliferating. I could go into how 130mm of gun penetration is not enough for modern mbt's but plain qand simple a-10 needs a replacement. F-35's eors eodas and radar combined with good fuel rance and it's abilly to carry 200lb's more ordinance than the a-10 a great stop gat while we phase out the f-16's

At least the F-16 is good.

F-35 program is a front to funnel secret money to skunkworks and other black op programs.

>. His opposition to the F-35 is the single coolest thing next to the wall and the Muslim ban.

goddam right

I was so glad to hear him mention it.

Now maybe that scam will finally come to an end. We need competition to come up with something that isnt a total boondoggle.

Like that missile system that cost 45 bbbillion in R&D that never works and the bastards tried to fob it off on poor Poland.

Or the base in Afghanistan that they continued to build knowing they would never use it, costing us 36 million. And then 43 million in another 'gas station' there.

Millions and billions more. It never ends. The F35 may be the most blatant example of these contractors sense of entitlement.

So much of our wealth, utterly wasted.

And then niggers like you show up with no understanding beyond Pierre Sprey memes and shit all over a project that is no more burdened by problems than any other military aircraft design.

I bet none of you are old enough to remember the same shit being said about the F16.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZtZNBkKdO5U
youtube.com/watch?v=LyHlp7tJrxY
youtube.com/watch?v=31oJIo8EVwY
youtube.com/watch?v=9s7-3EUXC_w

woe is the Sup Forumsack is his easily lied to and manipulated by sprey and his acolytes

253 today

>I'm more concerned about a butthurt trump fucking up a company's stock price because he gets into an arbitrary tiff with one.
>He's a literal manchild.

>implying we don't love this about him
>implying his patron god isn't Kek, god of chaos
>implying he doesn't start weird fights as a sacrifice to Kek

It's like you just got here.

so insider trading

glad thats not illegal

>I bet none of you are old enough to remember the same shit being said about the F16.

Did you even read my post?

I'm old enough to remember the corruption scandal surrounding the F-16.
Lockheed payed our royal family to put pressure on our government to buy the F-16.

they're thirsty for any reason to provide affirmation to their pre-drawn conclusions about trump, even if it is in complete hypocrisy with their ideology. both sides of the aisle are guilty of this, though.

this guy gets it

trump will never find the black budgeting books though

I hope so.

You can't blame lockheed for delivering a system that was micromanaged by a committee of people demanding completely different things from it. Even the steam catapult system arguments went on for months.

What kind of cuckoldry is this?

It seems foreign to me. European tier tbqh.

The whole thing is just hilarious
>shutdown the military industrial complex its evil
>omg drumpf is going to hurt the military industrial complex someone stop him

It just doesn't make sense. Are they insane or are they just working towards some nefarious goal known only to their masters?

>implying significant numbers of democrats want to damage the military industrial complex
We're the party of FDR, JFK, LBJ.

And the F-16 ended up not replacing a million aircraft like they want the F-35 to.

The F-35 is like trying to design an intermediate caliber rifle that weighs 6 pounds, also fires flechettes, and can be converted to fire .50 BMG in seconds with no change to weight or recoil. It's just not gonna happen.

I remember hen I was 12, thinking the f-35 would be so kewl. Best plane ever made. Sad!

>he thinks they're in actual books
leaving a paper trail for your beyond top secret tech is always a smart idea

>the F-16 ended up not replacing a million aircraft like they want
Can you explain this further. I think you need to really spell out how ahistoricaly informed you are. On this issue so we can laugh at you.

LOOK AT THIS

I posted in an earlier thread but nobody seemed to care
>Boeing donates to clinton foundation lots over the years
>Trump: "boeing af1 contract a shit"
>boeing stock crashes

>lockheed martin shareholder BlackRock backs clinton in election
>lockheed martin shareholder Vanguard group holds accounts for clinton
>Trump: "f35 a shit"
>lockheed stock crashes

bantersaurus in chief

He is using twitter to inform and get the support of his base. MAGA!

>Fuck Aerodynamics

>F-35 program is a front to funnel secret money to skunkworks and other black op programs.

t. work at skunkworks. no, it's not

What are you working on?

The F16 was adopted along with the F15 as a part of the hi-low fighter doctrine. It literally replaced all other fighter airframes in US service with 4500 built. The order for F-35s is around 2000.

>tldr you have the same capacity for intelligence as a nigger.

I work for one of the larger defense contractors. My boss absolutely hates Lockheed Martin (they keep trying to steal one of our biggest contracts).
I wonder if he saw this. He'd be laughing his ass off.

probably happens more often than speeding

Every companies that built a fighter, maybe aside of SAAB with the Gripen, exploded its costs.
When Dassault announced the price of the Rafale everyone bitched because the money needed for just building the fleet (not even talking about selling them), then the Typhoon and the F35 came after with the exact same crazy cost (and a lot more technical problem).

One of the Augustine law is:

>In the year 2054, the entire defense budget will purchase just one tactical aircraft. This aircraft will have to be shared by the Air Force and Navy 3½ days each per week except for leap year, when it will be made available to the Marines for the extra day."[3][4]

We are reaching levels in which funding a warplane will be like funding a spaceship.
The next generation will be most likely not be manned anyway.

probably not a manned fighter...

They do things just to spite their parents.

If you don't bully you get bullied. Like we have been for the last eight years with Osambo bowing and scraping to every third world tinpot like a certified house nigger.

Good thing they did, Colgate. You're part of NATO and having a modern fighter is part of pulling your own weight.

yea but grippen is litteraly the worst performing jet of the eurocanard sisters. The thing doesn't offer any air to ground advancement over say a super hornet

Lockheed deserves to lose money for the f35 clusterfuck

The second one. Not that every "liberal" is aware of this they're just useful idiots whose emotions are easily manipulated to their means.

The documentary is from 2003, so it's dated information.

youtube.com/watch?v=QPvzEr33maM

what's that little "arm" sticking out near the nose of the plane?

Shitlibs are also chimping out about Trump taking a call from Taiwan and angering China, taking the side of one of the worst human rights abusers and polluters in the world.

Why not update the A-10?
Those ugly cunts are fucking cool.

Based Trump, /k/ on suicide watch.

Lefties don't stand for anything only against things.

Used for in air refueling.

It's for mid-air refuel.