Earth is being literally choked in an ever-expanding cloud of satellites

>Earth is being literally choked in an ever-expanding cloud of satellites
>Sooner or later there will be a collision...and then another...and another, the number increasing exponentially as more and more deadly clouds of shrapnel are created and sent whizzing around the planet at extreme speeds
>Once this happens we will be cut off from space, ensnared in a prison of our own design only now without the simple pleasures of internet...cell phones... international communication...
>Riots will be nigh-instantaneous, people will not longer be shackled down by modern pleasantries and will make their rage and displeasure known in an unprecedented orgy of wanton destruction
>Turns out a submarine doesn't need a working satellite network to launch nuclear ballistics

The dominoes are poised to fall - are you ready? Have you made the most of this brief, slim era of humanities apex?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uvkhWIlmHEg
arstechnica.com/science/2013/07/how-nasa-steers-the-international-space-station-around-space-junk/
phys.org/news/2016-12-japan-space-junk-collector.html
esa.int/Our_Activities/Operations/Space_Debris/Steering_ESA_satellites_clear_of_space_debris
space.com/5542-satellite-destroyed-space-collision.html
space.com/20137-russia-satellite-china-space-junk-collision.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerise_(satellite)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_satellite_collision
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kessler_syndrome
spaceanswers.com/space-exploration/why-dont-objects-collide-often-in-earth-orbit/
youtu.be/N2BvtOGjmbE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stop watching disaster movies or Gravity tier shit. You're worse than Yellowstone eruption tinfoilers

> we will be cut off from space

>ramblings of a retard who can't imagine the size of the earth and who has no idea about orbital mechanics

>A FUCKING

>Trying to launch a space mission when even a 1cm hunk of metal (which there will be TRILLIONS of) could easily smash a vital portion of the spacecraft to pieces

Good luck, cuck.

If satellites are real why can't you see them?
Open your eyes, satellites are fake

you can actually see the ISS with your own eyes.

>hurr muh trillions
If it's so likely, why has it never happened?

Not worried at all.

The glorious USA will have many, many satellite destroying weapons on earth and in space.

Non terrestrial officers by the hundreds.

Ning Li anti gravity.

“We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects, and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity. Anything you can imagine, we already know how to do it.” (1)

“We now have technology to take ET home. No it won’t take someone’s lifetime to do it. There is an error in the equations. We know what it is. We now have the capability to travel to the stars.”

“There are two types of UFOs — the ones we build and the ones ‘they’ build.”

- Ben Rich, Skunkworks

This is a plausible scenario though. There's lots of shit up there, they need to track their movement very carefully. At some point we will need some kind of cleaning system or launching new satellites or rockets becomes extremely difficult

>cant see satellites from earth

Sputnik would like a word with you

You do understand that earth is much larger than your 616x435 image right?
The real distance between those satellites is hundreds of mile, not millimeters.
>a fucking leaf

>LOL LOOK AT ALL DESE SATILIGHTS THAT ARE THE SIZE OF WALES DEY WILL COLLIDE WIV EACHOTHER

so ugh...why just not nuke space. Lol who cares about space anyhow, just nuke everything and then try again.

>on it

All those satellites also have an orbit they follow and they're constantly crossing each other's paths

Space is 3d, not the 2d flat surface of earth. There is a whole other dimension to avoid collisions.

I swear if there were no real problems in the world. you faggots would just invent them.

What is random chance? The odds might be 1% right now but as soon as it happens we'll go from 17,000 pieces of derbies to 60,000. The odds will jump right to 5%...then 10%...then 25%

> Falling for the satellite meme

You don't a place a satellite in orbit with random chance. It's calculated you fucking mong. Meaning these path crossing events are taken into consideration. There is an entire USAF space command center monitoring and making sure it can't happen.

And there's a whole other dimension to keep track of with orbits

This.

They use high altitude hydrogen bases.

youtube.com/watch?v=uvkhWIlmHEg

>You don't a place a spacecraft into space with random chance. It's calculated you fucking mong. Meaning these explosion events are taken into consideration. There is an entire USAF space command center monitoring and making sure it can't happen.

>muh 60,000 derbies

I meant blimps.

>comparing apples to oranges the post.
you really are failing here

you're shit you tinfoiler

You're a retarded freak

You're a bad troll

you have no idea about orbital machanics.

Stop being retarded

do you know how fucking big the earth is

is it bigger than a breadbox?

Reminder that the fucking Chinese shot down a sattilite 'in a show of strength' and added thousands of particles to the swirling death cloud.

Reminder that the fucking Russians have thousands of dead sattilites they refuse to track.

Reminder that we are still encouraging third world shitholes to send their garbage into space.

When will we stop the madness?

Holy shit burgers are stupid

>he actually thinks satellites thrust up and down to avoid collisions

Once again, holy shit burgers are stupid

Worst comes to worst we can just ablate that shit with lasers

They can thrust up to correct a decay in their orbit you fucking leaf.

>he actually thinks the world can realistically deal with innumerably pieces of debris orbiting at high speeds that are nearly impossible to track, nevermind find the existence of

Add the irish to the list, burgers do need some potatos for fries

The solution is simple leaf, a laser from ground level can be used to accelerate or slow down debris causing them to fly off into space or burn up. No one is putting frag mines in orbit to fuck everyone's shit up.

>radios dont exist
>comm towers dont exist
>landlines dont exist

"Collapse" of western civilization" is more like "significant inconvenience until things get worked out"

Because the rocket scientists and jet propulsion engineers of the world didn't spend their time arguing with Canadians on a mongolian pubic hair weaving smoke signal chain.

>tfw leaf doesn't know how big space is
>tfw leaf doesn't understand geostationary orbit

kys.

You realize the orbital area is greater than the surface area of the Earth itself? We couldn't physically make enough satellites for that to be a problem.

>decay correction is equivalent to tracking other satelites and moving with 6DoF to avoid them

hahahahahah, laugh at the american everyone

>leaf telling others to laugh at anybody
>ever

now you're just embarrassing yourself

Stop embarrassing my country with your pure ignorance of space, thanks!

EARTH HERE

LITERALLY SHAKING

Are you implying it's not possible?
I think you are mistaken.

arstechnica.com/science/2013/07/how-nasa-steers-the-international-space-station-around-space-junk/

You actually think that satellites have sensors to detect other satelites (We physically can't do this to the degree it's needed) and move in 6DoF to avoid them

Yeah, it's beyond laughable

>He brings up the ISS when we're talking about satellites

Every single time. I think I've seen the peak of burger ignorance and you just go one step fucking further

I never said that bro

check IDs. I know it can be a hard concept for some.

The ISS is a satellite you fucking moron. So is the moon for that matter.

>we will be cut off from space
>there are still people who honestly believe that humanity will colonize another planet someday
Okay, sure. Whatever stupid ideas are floating around in your head.

this desu

Feeble little minds cannot comprehend how large earth is, and how unlikely it is for 2 objects to meet up at the same space, at the same time in space.

>watch now as the burger resorts to incorrect linguistic pedantry because he can't actually address the facts

>>Riots will be nigh-instantaneous, people will not longer be shackled down by modern pleasantries and will make their rage and displeasure known in an unprecedented orgy of wanton destruction

This is where your scenario breaks down. Stop thinking like a moronic leftie.

Shut the fuck up. Japan just launched a towing and debris removal satellite. The cleaning has already started. It's like how white people Dug canals for shit and garbage to flow out of the city in the old days into a big cesspool. When it gets too dirty, it starts getting cleaned. Especially when Trillions of dollars are at risk.

phys.org/news/2016-12-japan-space-junk-collector.html

The trouble is just learning the most efficient way to clean.

>tells others they don't understand space
>is completely and hopelessly unaware of basic, 101 space facts like how if, get this, an object is too close to earth, it will fall down, and if it's too far, it'll fly away, so they must all be near the same space.. And they're all moving at high speed.. and there's literally tens of thousands of them.. AND the space ISN'T as big as you think

It's not even an issue of if it'll happen, it's an issue of when.

It's amazing watching these completely ignorant people that don't understand basic, basic, kindergarten levels of space education, calling others ignorant

Truly incredible.

Now watch the leaf get raked.

esa.int/Our_Activities/Operations/Space_Debris/Steering_ESA_satellites_clear_of_space_debris

It could be that the first such collision won't happen for hundreds of years.

imagine 1000 randomly placed people walking around the surface of the earth in totally straight lines , swimming/climbing is need be.

How long do you estimate it would take before one of them bumped into another?

Now imagine that in space where you also have different altitudes

So don't talk about it being inevitable without at least providing an estimate of the expected time until the first collision with some applied probability.

DUUURRR LMAO SPACE IS BIG AND SATELLITES NEVER COLLIDE ITS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN LMAO WHY SHOULD WE CARE

space.com/5542-satellite-destroyed-space-collision.html

space.com/20137-russia-satellite-china-space-junk-collision.html

Oh wait.

>the entire technological capacity of the human race cannot figure out how to deal with 60,000 items which are easily trackable and move on predictable paths

Literally nothing in this article is relevant to what's being discussed, other than you are providing an article that proves collisions in orbit ARE a risk

Thanks for proving me right, desu?

Literally the article talks about steering satellite to avoid collision, something you claimed wasn't possible

Can you get BTFO any harder?

So what youre saying is that satellites have collided before and everything is still just fine?

Well then, OP btfo.

>wont happen for hundreds of years
>1996 was hundreds of years from now
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerise_(satellite)

It takes one collision (doesn't even have to be with another satellite, could be a shower of external debris like an asteroid) for enough damage to spend enough parts spinning out of control that there will be serious, serious consequences

Find something glass. A plate, or a cup. Put it in a garbage bag. Break it. Poor the garbage bag into a pool.

Now find every single piece of glass. This isn't even a fraction of the difficulty of space debris.

You realize a satellite destroying weapon is more likely to set this problem off than solve it right?

You're a leaf

>It could be that the first such collision won't happen for hundreds of years.

The fuck are you talking about? It's already happened.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_satellite_collision

this basically, right now there are only about 2200 satellites, and 13,000-15,000 pieces of space junk. The satellites use 95% of a surface area hundreds of thousand of times greater than earths. (because there are many many layers of orbit)

for comparison there are about 1 billion cars on earth that exist on only 27% ish of earth surface area.

Now post a link about a standard satellite doing even a single step out of their procedure, instead of talking about the fucking international space station in a discussion of autonomous orbital objects.

OK

Pretty sure all satellites are set at a critical orbit, meaning without slight adjustments to their trajectory they will eventually fall to earth's atmosphere.

You literally can see them without a telescope. I have seen them. They look like a slowly moving star

Yeah, a few migrants into a country wont be an issue, lets let more in, what damage could they possibly do?

Its not like the amount of space junk is growing exponentially or anything. Its not like its becoming harder and harder to track.

Satellites are a hoax. They don't exist.

"Engineers at ESA’s Space Operations Centre, ESOC, in Darmstadt, Germany, currently control five satellites in low orbits and expect six more to join them in the next few years."

No, I just figured you were smart enough to realize we're talking about satellites in existence, not an extremely miniscule amount of satelites that still don't actually offer what we're talking about (sensing and avoiding incoming debris. What you linked is based on knowledge of existing debris.. AKA, has nothing to do with a rogue satellite, or an asteroid, or debris from any previous collision, which is what the thread is about)

Can you get BTFO harder? Stop embarrassing yourself, I legitimately feel bad destroying the ignorant

It'd fuck up GPS, comms aren't an issue, that's mostly done with long distance fibre optic. Satcom is for blue water ships and people in the bush.

You know that they do controlled demolitions of unused satellites to test missiles, right? I mean, you do know this, right?

Even airplanes have collided in midair and they have people steering them

>No, I just figured you were smart enough to realize we're talking about satellites in existence
So these five orbitting satellites they talk about in the article don't exist?
You really are failing miserably here.

No you see a glowing dot and ""they"" tell you it is the ISS. You have been fooled.

What you are talking about you fucking retarded leaf is kepler syndrome
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kessler_syndrome

Its been disprooven you fucking moron.

All satellites launched into space are travelling reltively the same speed, and relative altitude.
Also IN THE SAME FUCKING DIRECTION.

You literally watched Gravity and now you think you know astrophysics.

fucking kill yourself. KYS. fucking leafs man i swear to god.

>spaceanswers.com/space-exploration/why-dont-objects-collide-often-in-earth-orbit/

ALSO please give me 15 incidents where satellites collided with eachother please. ill be fucking waiting.

It's not pedantic. The ISS is definitely a satellite no matter how you look at it

>HURR ill compare it to immigration
Retard.

Refer to
You are so stupid. Go back to /x/

This.

Holy fuck you're embarrassing. You must be trolling at this point, even burgers aren't this stupid

I mean I guess if you believe that this all isn't just some simulation.

Yeah dude Devils Third owns. Sure it had some hiccups on the technical side but it rarely effected the actual gameplay. It sucks the muiltiplayer is getting shut down but the main star of the show for me was the PS2 era brawler combat that you really don't see anymore and the colorful cast of supervillians.

Get rekt

Most efficent way?
>Launch space trash at high velocity towards Africa & Middle East

This

>space ISN'T as big as you think

This guy needs to fucking leave Sup Forums for good.

KYS bro...ky fucking s.

[leaf] Friend, I thank you for the effort but please make your own shitpost thread instead of using mine. Com318 [/elaf]

"it's not pedantry, it literally is a satellite! We're not at all using the colloquial definition of satellite, no sir, this isn't pedantry!"

kys stupid fagit leaf

youtu.be/N2BvtOGjmbE