Sup Sup Forums, I'm wondering, if college is just a meme...

Sup Sup Forums, I'm wondering, if college is just a meme. I've been stressed as fuck about grades and I'm wondering how you no-college niggers turned out.

depends on your field OP

I dropped out after three and a half years of university because I hated the courses, I hated my peers, and I found nothing fulfilling about it. Got a job on the railroad and have been there ever since. I make between 90 and 110k per year, but it's shift work.

Also, I'm an alcoholic, but that started when I was still at university.

Trying to improve my life. I dropped out because I was pretty depressed in general, and on top of that I had no idea on what to do with my life. The college itself was of no fucking use. They pretty much wanted money and nothing else. Tried to take a career test they offered and the day I was told it was held I wandered around from place to place as every place they sent me to take it sent me to another fucking place.

Councilors were equally of no fucking help with anything. Not even enrolling for classes as they were handing me as many unrequired classes for my degree as they possibly could "This one will be good if you transfer" They'd say. "But what if I don't transfer? I just want to take what I need." I'd ask but they'd always say "It's best to take it anyway." And then I'd go to class for 5 minutes for my teacher to say "Read this chapter and then do the work online"

And then when I sat down the the tech adviser my last year he told me I wouldn't even get a fucking degree. I'd just be ready to take my A+. Which was bullshit because he refused to let me enroll in a hardware themed class. He clamed they were useless despite it being the area I had no experience in.

It was a fucking joke glad I dropped out, even if I'm at a dead end job at least I'm not there anymore. It's just not worth it. People always tell me "Oh It's because you went to community college!" but they all had the same basic experience deep down. My cousin was pushed into woman's studies and now she can't get a real job anywhere, my one friend went to be a scientist and they fought him at every corner to get him into a bullshit arts program, another was going for Japanese minor with English major before just droppoing out and they tried to bully her into Woman's Studies major too, and another wants to play guitar professionally and was just convinced that he didn't need a law student back up plan was he was pushed towards a totally worthless degree.

How does one get into this? Do I need connections?

college is a meme and so is work
join the NEET master race

I'm enlisting. Try that and see what you'd like to do. Hang around for three years get the american tax payer to pay for your college

Why didnt you just ask for a list of classes required for the completion of the program? Then if they recommend anything else you tell them to fuck off. They cant make you pick anything.

Dropped out after one semester. Now 30 and up to $90k a year. A degree is only necessary for some fields (i.e. a doctor, a lawyer). I felt comfortable with computers so I just through resumes to the wind for a entry level job. Got into a niche industry and worked my way up from there.

I dropped out of high school and memed my way up the corporate ladder by way of pure autism I now make 80k a year doing fuck all seriously if you're white you have no excuse

I ain't never been to no college. And I dropped out of high school my sophomore year and took my GED. At the time, I had work lined up paying $20 an hour to start, maxing at about $40 plus bonuses. I didn't see the point in continuing school, when I thought the point of school was to get a job with ok pay. And I already had one of those. I've learned more my first year on the job than all the years I was in school. It's 6 of one half a dozen of the other. You can go to school, pass, but not stand out, and end up with no job. You can go, and pass and stand out and get a great job. Same as no college. You can go find a job that pays well, but if you don't stand out you will stagnate, and watch others become your boss. Or you can get a job, stand out, and become the boss. You will have to excuse my uneducated ramblings though, since I'm stupid with no education.

Went to college for a semester and hated it.
Went out and got an insurance broker license.
Got a comfy book of business.
Never regretted it.
I'll probably go back and finish college at night as a (pardon the pun) insurance policy. I would probably have a hard time getting a job without one.
You only really need college if you're going into very specific fields, but having a degree is always better than not having one.
Just don't go into debt getting one.

It really depends. Know thyself.

But whatever the fuck you do don't go $100,000 in debt unless you got a real fucking plan.

I make about 8k a month on software development.

College is shit. Cheaper schools charge $7000 per semester for classes that charge $50-200 per book that is actually worth $20. Youre only taught 3-5 chapters of the book through the semester. You could get the whole education minus the degree (receipt) in a year or less, and a better quality education by teaching yourself.

I had a programming class which asked for a $300 dollar book. I wasnt doing well in lecture but always finished my lab work before anyone else, always got the highest grades for lab. Worked by myself while everyone else had to work together to finish work. Faggot professor brought me to his office to talk about my lecture grade and kept trying to tell me I had a learning disability. Finally stopped being PC about it and told him I couldn't be fucked to spend $300 on a book that I'll barely use.

As others have said, it depends on where you want to work and who you know.

If you go to college for something that requires a degree like engineering, science, medicine, law, or (some kinds of) business, then you need to finish the degree.

If you're in some degree that isn't employable, then college is more about networking. You can network outside of college, although it's harder.

be an autodidact

let your action speak for itself

dad dropped out after a year, is now making between 100-150k a year with overtime as a maintenance supervisor at a plant

uncle dropped out, went into window installing. Started at 30k a year. Now makes 200k a year + housing benefits in the US as a foreman.

Other uncle didn't even go, is now also a maintenance supervisor making the same as my dad at a different plant.

and the uncle who just recently married into my family finished high school with a D average and now owns several franchise mechanic shops. Is a multimillionaire.

College is only worth if you got some good connections or are going for a god tier degree, otherwise you're gonna get cucked by cletuses like my family who are all rednecks.

give this man trudeau's wife

overpriced waste of time, especially now that ww3 is imminent

Yes. College is a meme. More high paying jobs for us if you don't get degrees.