Somebody redpill me on what's going on with Syria General

I understand that it's the most popular general thread on here, but most of the time I just kind of look past it/don't pay attention. Recently I took a look at it through the past few days and it seems like they support Hezbollah heavily. What the fuck is up with that? I understand that different islamic terrorist groups hate each other and kill each other often. But that doesnt mean that you should support these fuckers. If serial killer 1 gets locked in a room with serial killer 2 and 1 kills 2, I dont think "wow, serial killer 1 is my hero now". I think they're both scumbags and should both be killed.

Now, I'm willing to keep SOMEWHAT of an open mind about this and why they support Hezbollah, but personally I think it's fucking stupid to support any group of militant muslims.

So if anybody from SG is reading this let me know what's up.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3sZANz9BqWQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism
genieoilgas.com/about-us/strategic-advisory-board/
youtube.com/watch?v=PCJ8JqtGahQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump

>So if anybody from SG is reading this let me know what's up.
You want to hear opinion of /sg/ go in, and ask. Don't waste bread.

Hezbollah is only liked in /sg/ because they are with Assad. If they were against him, /sg/ would hate them with a fiery passion.

I suppose this must answer your question.

Amen, now for some Nasheed
youtube.com/watch?v=3sZANz9BqWQ

/sg/ is like brit pol only good if you've been following for awhile and know all the characters. I onlky go in there when they're looking for coordinates to bomb

I figured it made more sense to have a thread of it's own instead of take up space there.

>shitpost on /sg/
>people in the real world die

What's so great about Assad?

But you will not get response from people of /sg/ to your question. You will get a response from Sup Forumsacks, who on average are far less aware of the situation in syria and geopolitics in general.

Hezbollah is much more than a run of the mill islamic terrorist group

Even many christians in Lebanon see them as defenders of the country
Youd be hard pressed to find ANY other islamic hardliner group that has christian support

Granted, they adhere to a form of Islam that is pretty strict and one could say backwards - and on Sup Forums youd expect people to dislike that. But they differ from al-Qaeda and the likes because they do tolerate other religions and other lifestyles.

They are blamed for a select few terrorist attacks (specifically in Argentina) but not only were those never proven, they havent done any such attack in a long time.

While Hezbollah does venture into Syria (by the Syrian governments permission) to defend its allies, they generally keep to themselves - the same cannot be said about al-Qaeda or ISIS

>Group does good thing
>They are liked
>Group does bad thing
>They are disliked

whoa

/sg/ is a place where people discuss the Syrian civil war, that's whats up with that thread. There are people supporting all sides, though mostly Pro-Assad perhaps. People on /k/ are mostly Pro-Assad too they just aren't as stupid about it as people on Sup Forums.

Hezbollah since its founding in 1985 did not commit a single terrorist attack. Unless you consider stopping Israels invasion.

They allow shias, christians, and even jews to live in peace in Lebanon and the Middle East and they defend and do not engage in offensive attacks,.

tl;dr they are based shia and if you dont like them you are a kike or an ignoramus.

Being the lesser evil.

>/k/ are mostly Pro-Assad
HAHHAHAAHHAHHAHAHAHAH

I suppose it also has to do with the way the group presents and legitimizes itself.

al-Qaeda and ISIS:
do not care about country borders - they hate nationalism and democracy.

They largely concern themselves with legitimizing their OFFENSIVE actions. theyre never criticized from within for operating in a specific country.

Hezbollah:
does care about the borders of Lebanon - in this sense they are nationalist. their political wing takes part in the democratic process in Lebanon.

Their entire existence is justified by DEFENSIVE actions, particularily against Israel. lebanese people and even hezbollah members/supporters are critical and wary of the involvement in Syria because they feel their place of operation is Lebanon not elsewhere.

I hope Im shedding light on some details here, Im by no means an expert but just trying to post some info.

Hezbollah are cool guys, they get slandered as "terrorists" only because they oppose Israel state terrorism and imperialism.
Defending own country is not a crime.

>sg general

a group wank actually
spawned some fine barrel bomb memes tho

/sg/ is full of Kremlin shills and you suggesting that they're somehow more aware geopolitically confirms you're nothing but a shill too.

Putin shills are just as bad as CTR

>Muh unfounded personal attacks
Go away barcode, you are high.

Nice rebuttal there, how is /sg/ more aware of geopolitics? They may be more aware of the Russian/Assad perspective but that doesn't mean they know more objectively than anyone else. What kind of weirdo sits in an anonymous image board and watches a war that has nothing to do with them in the first place? The only people pressing it are only doing so to push their own propaganda.

>watches a war that has nothing to do with them in the first place?
This is the part where you reveal youre not even interested in the conflict, yet claim to know better than those who are. How the hell is this supposed to make you seem believable?

Post some information like the OP requested or stop your bullshit posting

If you get feed down mass medias stance on evil Assad and moderate rebels and then suddenly realize, hey, it is a scam, somebody tries again to push his agenda on the middle east. Just this time it didn't work out.

Question:
>how is /sg/ more aware of geopolitics?
Answer:
>weirdo sits in an anonymous image board and watches a war that has nothing to do with them in the first place?

Asspull:
>The only people pressing it are only doing so to push their own propaganda.

Hezbollah denounced terrorism (kind of) and BTFO israelis, they're the best out of a shitty group of """"resistance""""" movements
Also right now they're fighting ISIS and destroying the globalist agenda in Syria so i guess they could be worse

The only good thing about Assadist and Hezbollah sandniggers is that they kill Sunni and Salafi sandniggers, while the only good thing about Sunni and Salafi sandniggers is that they kill Assadist and Hezbollah sandniggers.
Do you get it now?

>Post some information like the OP requested or stop your bullshit posting

Fuck you, I'll post whatever I want to wherever I want to you cry baby faggot.

Never said I didn't want Assad to win, anyone with half a brain knows those "moderates" are really head chopping Islamists looking to spread their radical ways.

Great answer faggot, how much does it pay to shill for the Kremlin? How can you bitch about CIA shills when you're literally different shit with the same stink.

Broken record much mate.

You're both retards tbqh.

We just support Assad/Putin/Iran and yes Hezbollah
Because they fight for a United Syria
We don't want another Libya...That would be a disaster for everyone. That would also open the refugee gates to Europe again.

I don't really care about Hezbollah, I just support anyone who is fighting for Assad...

How is /sg/ more aware of geopolitics? You're really bad at this game, maybe that's why Russians lose so much and can't even try to win without lying and cheating.

>The only good thing about Assadist and Hezbollah sandniggers
>good thing
>Hezbollah

opinion disregarded

I dunno. I'm enjoying this.

Look out guys. If pattern holds next post is about how I'm a shill.

I really don't get how the Turkey memes are justified, they totally BTFO you guys when they shot down that """jet""" of yours and you guys act like it was some big victory of yours.

You sound like a buttmad sunni, but whatever. My point stands: sandniggers killing each other is generally a good thing. The differences in their pseudo-ideologies are fringe and overrated.
If you disagree with it, you'll be better off somewhere on reddit or twitter whining about muh poor a leppo refugees.

Ahh, how cute

He was pursuing his dream of going to school in Europe and then becoming an eye doctor when his family called him home to be the heir to a political dynasty after his brother was killed by Islamist extremists. So out a sense of responsibility to his family and coutnry this runner up came back to Syria with his wife and tried to do his best at running a country that was is rough shape. Yet for all his lack of political training and experience it was the life experience he gained in Europe that caused him to lead his country to a economic and social revolution by trying to bring Western success to Syria. Internationally he tried to avoid getting caught up in middle eastern politics by reaching out to foreign countries for peace and trade. Times were good and by all rights Syria was flourishing under the rule of this outsider, yet it did last as the same Islamist that had been hounding his family and country for years had returned. Emboldened by the collapse of order in the middle east, empowered by the spread of extremism, and armed by foreign governments, these jihaddis took to the streets and spread chaos. Western media and government's dog piled on him when the police shot back at goons with AKs, and they accused him of using poison gas on his people, a charge he would later be cleared of little to the knowledge of the general public. In the early days of the conflict he tried desperately to show the west that he wasn't some kind of monster but it didn't matter because he was caught up in a much larger political game. Yet even as they shouted allegations of sectarian violence at him, he didn't let it phase him, and he stayed true to his commitment to being a secular leader interested only in nation building.

In short his fatal flaw is how western he his, as highlighted by the fact he is still trying to offer jihaddis amnesty if they lay down arms.
Had he been more of a middle eastern dictator like Saddam there would be no conflict in Syria right now.

Do I smeel a roach?
Anyways, today is not the best day for this discussion, celebrations are getting wild and people are drunk.

>Erdogan shut's down russian jet
>Time passes
>Guys who downted the jet imprisoned after a palace coup
>They disspappear
>Erdogan cancels war with Assad on a phone call from Putin
>Erdogan fires all nato people and replcaces them with pro-kremlin puppets

I dunno, I think we did okay.

hes russian, the shoa happend on his land

They're the fucking worst to talk to, all the good Russians who didn't die in gulags and in WW2 fled to the West decades ago.

How delusional are you? Don't you know that Turkey is occupying Syrian territory, directly arming and assisting the rebels, and are consistently told by the Syrians to get the fuck out.

lol ok CIA

You are desperate aren't you. You bore me now. Get lost.

They're fucking snowjews, why is it after the cold war all the countries under their influence came running to us for protection and today are constantly at odds with Russia.

You keep replying faggot, I can do this all day. It doesn't take 5 seconds to reply to you and it's amusing watching Kremlin shills short circuit and refuse to answer basic questions.

Completely agree.
P.S. ALEPPO IS FREE FROM GOATFUCKERS

Your government is supporting Al Qaeda against Russia to the point that almost lead to WW3 and everyone die 15 years after 9/11. What is there to discuss if you don't even know that fact?

Where did I ever say I support the US government? Russia is supporting the Taliban in Afghanistan, that's just as bad.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

Pakistan, your ally, is supporting Taliban. The US supported proto Taliban and Al Qaeda against the Soviet that brought the biggest enemy onto yourself years later.

No one here (((likes))) Russia or Hezbollah

They are just cheering for them in Syria because Al Qaeda and ISIS are a 10 times bigger threat to us than Assad.

so this is the power of autism

>implying

Not an (((argument)))

You're the first rational post here thank you. Russia shills are part of the cancer of Sup Forums and it sucks because I don't like watching this board go to shit. Assad isn't a threat to us anymore, the refugee crisis is an urgent threat due to the social instability in Western nations and a stabile Syria is key to achieving solution to the refugee problem.

You didn't read about the whataboustism did you?

Saudi propaganda shilling twitter hard with #SaveAleppo

>In short his fatal flaw is how western he his, as highlighted by the fact he is still trying to offer jihaddis amnesty if they lay down arms.
>Had he been more of a middle eastern dictator like Saddam there would be no conflict in Syria right now
This, Assad is too lenient on the terrorists considering the uncivilized region, his governmental structure and Syria society at this point in time.

This is not whataboustism, this is happening now. You don't want Al Qaeda to win, period. The US is supporting those jihadists so they cannot win.

Tbh mate I dont believe anyone here legitimetly (((likes))) Russia or Putin.

It's just that they are actively bombing ISIS / Al Nusrah / Al Qaeda who we know CIA / Saudis / Israelis are supporting

Along with this liberals blaming everything on some weird not explained Russian inteference because they might have released the Podesta mails, who was retarded enough to use a gmail account.

This why people are saying based Russia / based Putin

I dont believe anyone trusts them, they are just the enemy of ISIS/Al Qaeda/Al nusrah and the Washington establishment atm which is why you see so many Pro Russia / Putin posts

What if Italy air drops a batallion and claims Palmyra under the justification that Syria failed to protect the heritage of their nation?

Syria General supports Assad simply because they see the rebels as islamic jihadis that behead priests and are doing it purely for jihadi reasons.

It's a conflict of narrative.

The West narrative is that the rebels are democratic rebels that want free elections and won't behead christians.

The reality of the metagame is that it is more about USA allies israel and Saudi / gulf states than anything else. USA basically has a fucked up strategy in the middle east that makes no sense

Honestly people on Assads side or on the rebels side can be good people. I just tend to be on Assad's side because I am more skeptical of the rebels and believe them to be jihadi terrorists. In fact most people educated on the subject would agree.

It didn't help that the neo liberal media right now is crying for the jihadists completely disregarding that those poor souls would gladly slit throats if any of the journalists set foot in their area.

Quick infodump to understand Syria

USA is pissed at Syria for not cracking down on terrorist flows during iraq war
Israel is pissed at Syria for previous wars and to weaken Lebanon's position
USA/west also has interest in denying Russia a naval base.

There are a fuck ton of other interests too, like Sunni vs Shia, Turkey's fear of kurds, and many many others.

Basically there is such a clusterfuck it turned into a proxy war for like 30 countries. The rebels are full of extremist jihadis now. ISIS evolved from them, and a bunch of other shit.

There is no clear good side. Most people in /sg/ take the practical side of Assad. Big picture wise there is a lot of long-term western interest in Assad falling though even if the short term is a jihadi bloodbath.

essentially syria has become a proxy war- the main culprits being-

the gulf states and israel (to a lesser extent the US0 VS.. iran and syria (to a lesser extent russia)

the whole name of the game is to hurt iran. thats the big fish in the region.

assad is a shiite ruling over a historically sunni majority country, which the saudis despise- because the saudis think the shiites are heretics, since the saudies subscribe to a religious fundamentalist interpretation of islam (wahabism). most of the 'rebel' fighters originate from the gulf states, most of them are religious extremists and wahabi. compounding this is the fact that syria and iran are trade partners in the region- if you hurt syria you hurt iran as a trading partner and strategic ally in the region- for the reason the israelis see assad as an agent for iran and an existential threat to their existence. aside from that, the more chaos in the middle east distracting the international community the more time they have to land grab in the west bank while nobody is paying attention.

then you have the US vs. Russia going on. the US obviously are on the side lines watching, and to an extent facilitating regional conflict while the gulf states and israel tear syria apart. the US obviously has AIPAC in washington DC so they are alligned with israel, and the US doesnt want to piss off the gulf states so the obama administration doesnt have the balls to tell the gulf states to stop the conflict in syria because the gulf states control the flow of oil on the international market. the russians are trade partners and to a lesser extent allied with the secular assad regime. they see them as a critical geographical ally in the region and dont want to see the secular assad regime overthrown.

thats a rough break down of whats going on

> USA basically has a fucked up strategy in the middle east that makes no sense

It makes perfect sense once you realize USA foreign policy is mostly consisted of being mercenaries and guard dogs for foreign entities who are willing to bribe US politicians like the House of Saud.
Justifying those through media manipulation comes later with the help of Al-Jaazeera, a news company controlled by the Sunni royalties.

essentially syria has become a proxy war- the main culprits being-

the gulf states and israel (to a lesser extent the US0 VS.. iran and syria (to a lesser extent russia)

the whole name of the game is to hurt iran. thats the big fish in the region.

assad is a shiite ruling over a historically sunni majority country, which the saudis despise- because the saudis think the shiites are heretics, since the saudies subscribe to a religious fundamentalist interpretation of islam (wahabism). most of the 'rebel' fighters originate from the gulf states, most of them are religious extremists and wahabi. compounding this is the fact that syria and iran are trade partners in the region- if you hurt syria you hurt iran as a trading partner and strategic ally in the region- for the reason the israelis see assad as an agent for iran and an existential threat to their existence. aside from that, the more chaos in the middle east distracting the international community the more time they have to land grab in the west bank while nobody is paying attention.

then you have the US vs. Russia going on. the US obviously are on the side lines watching, and to an extent facilitating regional conflict while the gulf states and israel tear syria apart. the US obviously has AIPAC in washington DC so they are alligned with israel, and the US doesnt want to piss off the gulf states so the obama administration doesnt have the balls to tell the gulf states to stop the conflict in syria because the gulf states control the flow of oil on the international market. the russians are trade partners and to a lesser extent allied with the secular assad regime. they see them as a critical geographical ally in the region and dont want to see the secular assad regime overthrown.

thats a rough break down of whats going on

It all started when Assad won the election. The muslim extremists said it was rigged and he was a tyrant who was handed this position by his father (even though he was democratically selected and very well liked). they extreme muslims essentially went into muslim SJW mode and started rioting and protesting. assad shut them down all the time. the US said that what he was doing was "tyrannical" and he was being very unfair to these extreme muslims who wanted "religious freedom". one day there are reports that Assad gassed people. Horrible footage of kids fucking dying. With a shitty report from the State Department (aka shillary) they go in to support the "syrian rebels" because they're fighting against an evil dictator who won't give them religious freedom (AKA Sharia). From the rebels, different muslim rebel groups start sprouting very fast, one of which is ISIS. Suddenly, ISIS becomes a problem. Fast forward today, we are "fighting" ISIS who we created while also fighting Assad because he is an "evil dictator". Assad asked Russia to help with ISIS, not the US. The US does not appreciate Russia being there because it is ruining their proxy war. Many "allies" have been caught helping ISIS but are not reprimanded in any way (Turkey. Saudi). ISIS is a creation of the USA and Mossad to expand Israel. There are other coincidences, such as Rupert Murdoch (CEO of Fox) and Jacob Rothschild being on the advisory board for Genie Oil company that has been illegally drilling in Syria. Way to many to post here, but yeah. It's a proxy war. also, sorry for shitty grammar, i'm kinda drunk.

genieoilgas.com/about-us/strategic-advisory-board/

>USA sends warning to all troops within Syria, no matter who they're allied with, to GTFO or face consequences
>USA invades Syria, stabilizes region
>Get Assad ALIVE, extradite to USA for trial
>Bring up every single possible fucking record on Assad to see if he's guilty of war crimes or not
>If innocent, reinstate as leader of Syria
>If guilty, prison sentence for war crimes, USA stays in Syria until undefined point in time

Is this a good plan? Am I missing/overlooking anything>

You are simply being a retard and your plan is unworkable, so nothing new tripfag.

elaborate any time now malayfag
how's your plane by the way

>getoutjew.gif

No need for any elaboration when you can't be arsed to even read the thread before replying like a virgin high on weed.

>Muh Beirut
The only thing lebanese Hezbollah have ever done to US. A military target in warzone Beirut, hit by truck bomb slotted right into the marine compound which killed 250 combat personnel to 1 civilian.

If a NATO strike were that effective we would applaud. Hezbollah's crime is only that they survived opposing centcom and IDF.

oh i don't know if i made it clear enough in the previous post, but the turning point where we went into to Syria (the gassing video). That was not carried out by Assad, but by rebel groups who opposed him. point of the story, Assad good, USA/Israel bad. Whenever someone in the Middle East puts his foot down with muslim extremists, the USA uses it as an excuse to call them "tyrants" and create proxy wars. Same thing happened with Saddam.

youtube.com/watch?v=PCJ8JqtGahQ

>being this butthurt over something he can't even elaborate on
wew lad

-Fair trials do not exist at that level.

-WWIII with Russia.

Just a start.

>then you have the US vs. Russia going on. the US obviously are on the side lines watching,
Nope.

The issue is a gas pipeline the Saudies want, going through Syria, through Turket and into the Black Sea. Russia is helping block it, because it would kill their oil and natural gas markets. The US is pretending to be against ISIS (while arming them, at the request of the Saudis) and calling for Assad's ouster, even though he was fairly elected, because he's cozied up to Russia.

This is Globalist/Sunni vs. Russia/Shia. Iran has nothing to do with it, right now. Obama is pissed at Putin over Assange, so he's calling for Assad to step down, at the request of the Saudies.

first, Hezbollah are the greatest Jew exterminators of our times, and given that you're probably just another brain dead Sup Forumstard, you're supposed to like that.
but anyway, Hezbollah doesn't want to force it's doctrines and way of life upon others, they have a large base of support among Christians in the middle east and they don't view western civilians as their enemies and most importantly, their alliance with Assad and Russia is the only thing standing in the way of Isis taking over the middle east and flooding Europe with refugees.

Your a faggot worthless tripfag who should fucking kill himself cause he's got nothing worthwhile to say.

Fuck you and fuck your mother!

THE LION OF SYRIA FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS!

see

Shall I elaborate on how the US conducting a kangaroo court trial of Assad is impossible, without going full Iraq

Or how Russia may fight back with nuclear weapons?

america in general had been following a policy of global liberal hegemony for decades. this policy views all authoritarian states like syria and russia as potentila threats to global security regarless of their material capabilities.
also you have to keep in mind factors like the influence of oil companies, the military industrial complex, the Israel lobby and gulf states bribes. all these things shape the direction and strategy of US foreign policy. it's not just about the pipe lines.

/sg/ " supports"hezbollah cause they are with assad , and he is against jihadists gettin help from CIA, saudi arabia and qatar . Also hezbollah are actually decent , they protect christians , their leader said that they need to protect the virgin Mary from fucking jihadists .

yeah that's what I was thinking, biased trial and war with Russia are the two biggest problems with it.

at least you actually say what's wrong with it

>omg there are so many russian sympathizers save our poor Military-Industrial Complex's shills

Off yourself my dude

So much this

/sg/ is filled with Putin shills, who cares?

This is two sided because US policy supports Israel and KSA unconditionally, in return binding the US to their actions. If KSA were no our ally we wouldn't try as hard in Syria, it is a high priority for them.

SG is full of anti-American cucks.

Hezbollah is anti-American, therefore SG fags support them.

It's basically a thread for butthurt shills to circlejerk over shitty Islamic organizations.

They also hate Trump and fully support Iran because again, Iran is anti-American.

SG should be permanently deleted.

i dont know too much about that pipeline to be honest. the conflict between iran and syria are more ideological in nature. the gulf sunni states really do not like the shiites and have a very strong cultural disdain for them. religion is number 1 when it comes to the gulf states, they are very religious there. to see another strong bloc like iran, and a shiite controlling a sunni majority nation in the region is a major thorn in their side. you cant hope to understand this concept from an amercian secular perspective, you have to understand how the culture is in the gulf states are. they are very religious there, i wouldnt underestimate that factor.

but to say iran has no piece in the picture is absurd. you cant ignore the historical economic and strategic relationship between syria and iran. israel's only beef with syria is this relationship, if not they could give two shits about assad who is just another regional dictator.

US is more of a arms dealer to the saudi's and the saudi's do whatever with those arms sold to them, similar to the taliban in afghanistan during the 80's when the russians occupied.

assad and saddam were both of the baathist party which are essentially socialists of the middle east. thats why the USSR has had connection with these two regimes for decades.

The US can't stage a massive intervention for two reasons.
-It will take months to prepare near enough assets, plenty of time for Russian diplomatic or military offensives which are closer to completion.
-You literally can't order 300,000 fighters to lay down their arms. They will do the opposite, necessary death toll will be enormous.

Are you cucked in the head? The Clinton Foundation takes money from Qatar, whom is running a pipe though Syria, up to Turkey; Clinton/Qatar oppose Iran because Iran's pipe is a direct competitor to the natural gas market in Europe. Iran is on good terms with Assad, primarily because, with the sanctions slapped onto them by the Clintons (1995), and then got fucked by Shill again, since Qatar and Saudi Arabia were able to shell out the money to fund the rebels/ISIS to disrupt construction of the pipeline.

At least Trump will probably take economic pressure off of Russia, which will allow them to get their economy out of the shitter.

Go back to your little shill bubble and let the adults talk, you genetically altered potato.

Assad grabbed pol by the pussy so now these faggots love whoever supports him

>heir to a political dynasty after his brother was killed by Islamist extremists
>heir to a dictatorship and his brother died in a car accident
My parents are from Aleppo and we don't like Assad but he's our last hope

this is by far one of the more accurate posts here

Hezbollah protects Christians, fights for Assad, and is an enemy of the Jews. Whats not to like?

No, on /K/ if you support Assad, they will call you vatink.

Syria is old news, no one cares but a handful of Abu Ackbars in the /sg/ threads. They need to just blow themselves up already, we need something new and fresh, Yemen is the next one to come into fashion this year. Syria is old news, get over it you stinky turds and stop with your /Syria General/ threads, no one cares about dead mudskins.

Where?

A L E P P O

حلب

Are you Sunni?

secular with Christian last name