What would a war between China and the US be like?

What would a war between China and the US be like?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J3VqF2dXje0
youtube.com/watch?v=OHZIUdHm6b4
articles.latimes.com/2011/sep/16/world/la-fg-china-elite-farm-20110917
theguardian.com/sustainable-business/2015/may/14/china-middle-class-organics-food-safety-scares
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-492804/The-uninvited-guest-Chinese-sub-pops-middle-U-S-Navy-exercise-leaving-military-chiefs-red-faced.html
chinadaily.com.cn/bizchina/2014-02/19/content_17290565.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

China would stop exporting stuff to America. Americans wouldn't be able to buy their cheap shit at Wal-mart. Our economy would collapse.

wouldn't their economy collapse as well?

Chinese Navy and Airforce shit compared to US. Would be fought in Asia, if not mainland China.

An economic cluster fuck

They would launch a bunch of missiles at us. A lot will be intercepted, but many will still get through. A few major cities will be destroyed. China will be completely glassed, but America will have a hard time recovering as well.

Well US would base from Taiwan, Korea, and Japan. I wouldn't see much escalation, mostly limited to naval and air action. PLAN and PLAAF would try to hide, and they would try to bombard American bases and forces with missiles (imagine if their DF-21D anti carrier ballistic missiles work) from afar. Meanwhile the United States would try to make limited strikes on Chinese coast, and the weaker PLAAF would try to disrupt those while helped by a dangerous SAM system. Ultimately I'd see the United States slowly gaining a slight advantage.

>implying china doesn't have a shit ready to explode economy

also assuming no nukes btw

Russia would most certainly take advantage of the situation but the question is do they ally with the Chinese or would they stand by and make a Chinese land grab after the fact?

>Well US would base from Taiwan, Korea

The norks would get the green light from China to take the south.

A leisurely afternoon of games for one of our carrier groups.

Damn that was over too soon. Let's find another country to play with.

also i guess assuming no other nations play a part? certainly china would get crippled by global sanctions

What moves do you think Russia would make?

bump because these scenarios are always interesting

im not too sure, i am not familiar with diplomatic relations
but I'm sure they would take a second before intervening, warfare in the 21st century has largely become economic (also I forgot cyberwarfare which I don't know much about) so maybe they'll try to covertly support China

The US uses its yuge navy to blockade Chyna and then Chyna collapses. Thats it.

Good point, however I would think they would covertly support both sides. Russia is always up for a good ol land grab when all is said and done not to mention taking advantage of a weakened US at the same time.

It's a win win situation for them.

These posts are made to destroy the abundant #pizzagate evidence.

Do not fall for them.

youtube.com/watch?v=J3VqF2dXje0

refer to opium wars

for landed conflict refer to crouching tigers and hidden dragons and triads

assume ruso-sino relations have never been better

The US military is absolutely invincible so im 100% sure we would take naval and relative air control of the Chinese coast without much difficulty and begin strikes against strategic Chinese targets. The Chinese economy would collapse and the US economy would suffer an extreme depression, although i think in time we could rebound.

100% depends on Russia. if Russia took China's side, USA would never actually invade, and it would just be embargoed as fuck.

if Russia sided with the USA, god help the chinks

satellite destruction, energy grid destruction, basically a huge fuck-up, tens of millions would die

>China would stop exporting stuff to America.

Good. This means Western nations would be forced to START MANUFACTURING STUFF AGAIN

This would create jobs galore.

Fuck you.

A lot of fried rice

Hardship for a large section of the Chinese population, including starvation.

>be a country with a larger land mass than pluto
>wants clay

Literally what?
I understand they may be interested in Manchuria and especially reclaiming Port Arthur for a warm water port, but their military or government cannot handle permanent occupation of a signficantly sized landmass with almost the same amount of people living in it as the entire country of Russia.

What they can do is make it a new country ran by a puppet government so they don't have to deal with this shit. They risk chinese grudges that will last for the next century or so either way

>A few major cities will be destroyed. China will be completely glassed, but America will have a hard time recovering as well.

Good. Recovering from a war is what rebuilds a nation.

Look at America during WWII - the war is the only thing that saved their economy.

Look at Germany, Japan and South Korea after WWII - they all built themselves into economic powerhouses.

The world is definitely long overdue a big war... there are now too many people who are stagnating and not earning a great deal. Their exasperation is why they voted Trump and it's why they will call for military action too - anything to help them earn more money.

Obviously countries will be massively damaged in the process, people will die. But that's just necessary. You can't support a massive population forever. Then the people who remain will rebuild, and because there's fewer of them, they'll have more money to themselves.

I genuinely think I will see WWIII within my lifetime (I'm 25). I guarantee it. People in the West are sick and fucking tired of losing their fucking jobs and having NO FUCKING PROSPECTS in life WHATSOEVER. They will clamour for a war with the fucking Chinese, and war will come, and many people will die, and those that are left will rebuild.

China would stop giving made in china bullshit the usa would change quickly to made it in mexico + the usa erports billions worth of food to china so they will have a big food and money problem.... IIIIIFFF the EU is neutral we will compensate the food and most of made in china shit so they will be ok and oil from places like iran a safe anyway...
so i say without nukes and without EU the USA will be fucked really really hard ....
these like murican shits can do nothing against the chinese army
youtube.com/watch?v=OHZIUdHm6b4

>commie rice farmers that use bombers which are knockoffs of foreign designs vs $600 billion military freedom budget

Assuming it doesn't resort to nuclear war, what kind of fucking question is this?

Binkov's Battlegrounds videos are always excellent.

Is that picture of water supposed to represent something?

that was actually a lot more informative than I thought it would be from a youtube video

good job Ahmed

Why WOULDN'T it go nuclear though?

Let's say everyone agreed from the outset: "we're NOT using nukes. We know it would be mutually destructive. Let's use conventional warfare only"

As soon as one of the sides gets pinned down and looks like it's going to lose, why not launch a nuke? They'll have nothing to lose. If China's pinned down they can just nuke the US, because that's better than surrendering like pussies

I seriously think we will see WWIII in our lifetimes. And nukes will almost certainly happen (hopefully not nuclear apocalypse though)

I don't see anything either. Just a bunch of text on a body of water. Am I missing something?

Maybe it's meant to represent Chinese zen. Just calm waters... relaxing.

>Why WOULDN'T it go nuclear though?
There is a possibility it wouldn't if it's a sudden accidental skirmish between a few ships or planes on either side. A premeditated strike by either side would undoubtedly escalate.

it's possible but i dont think even the most nasty and selfish politicians or government leaders would take that route, unless they were Nero-tier mentally unstable

OH NO I CAN'T BUY SUB-STANDARD BLUE JEANS AND CHEAP HEADPHONES WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE

In reality, we'd switch to a wartime economy like in WW2. America is 100% self-sufficient with our food, fresh water, oil, steel, and mineral resource supplies.

>leafs pour over border

i can dream

>A few major cities will be destroyed. China will be completely glassed

stop... STOP

I can only get so erect.

some savvy 4skinner should probe scada systems asap using shodan.io to find the nucular coves

could you imagine CURRENT YEAR American nogs during wartime?

you what subhuman?

Communism would conquer

also since US is distracted, maybe they'll try to step up in Eastern Europe?

They'd adapt or die. I'm sure martial law would need to be implemented to keep the dindu rioters at bay.

With nukes no one will survive. China will simply start mass production of nuclear weapons and produce 3,000 in a short period.
Without nukes, it would be a war on pacific, mainly the South China Sea. China would immediately annex or capture Taiwan, Japanese islands, North Korea, South Korea, and mainland Japan. The US simply cannot stop China from immediately capturing these places without already having a massive defense already set up previously.
US ships would take around 5-8 days to actually make it to have a fighting chance. By this time, China has already secured the pacific countries.
The US would begin over flooding the South China Sea with massive amounts of superior ships, and China would become a command economy, essentially producing military products and food only. They could easily rally up over 40 million men within 1 month.
Chinese factories begin to focus on military products, by this time, US also begins a slight increase in military products (we already spend a shit ton)
I honestly DOUBT many countries would support either side. The US would obviously call for the EU countries to buy more debt bonds, while at the same time all EU countries would probably sell their stakes in US debt.
The US economy would slowly adapt to a war time economy, but it simply cannot become what it was in WWII. Production would slowly focus on military products, but as you can imagine many industrial companies would leave.
The US would win the naval war only slightly, as you have to consider: Chinese defense set up, Chinese availablity of supply from mainland, travel time, China has closer ports, China has better air support due to its close proximity with the South China Sea (the US airplanes would either have to be on carrier ships, or fly from a distant pacific island)
It would be a complete war of attrition.

there will be no war, China simply will start to pump money somewhere else

If you look closely you can actually see a helicopter

Download pic related and see

Neither side would capitulate short of at least 5 years if no new allies come into play. China would in this time start out producing the US in about 1-2 years.

>There is a possibility it wouldn't if it's a sudden accidental skirmish between a few ships or planes on either side. A premeditated strike by either side would undoubtedly escalate.

I think even a small accident could escalate into full war.

The reason being that the US and China are now vying to be the number one superpower. The people who call the shots.

Look at WWI, it was the expansionist Central Powers against the Tripe Entente, vying for control of Europe (and the colonies that went with it, so by extension, the world)

Look at WWII, it was the expansionist Axis Powers (Germany, Italy, Japan) that wanted to defeat the biggest rival alliance of powers, the Allies (Russia, France, and of course Britain and the US were dragged into it)

Imagine that China keeps growing at its current pace. It is set to overtake the US for the world's largest GDP (nominal) in the next couple of decades.

Are Americans just going to sit back and let that happen? No. They will vote for someone who will restore their primary position in the world. Arguably Trump is already the beginning of that.

I am certain, without any shadow of a doubt, that WWIII will happen within this century. And for the reasons I said, there's a good possibility nukes will be used (but only at the latter stages of the war, by the losing side, is my prediction. The winning side might then use them in retaliation though)

It would only be a trade-war, and the chinks would get left high and dry real quick. They completely rely on us for exports and nothing of any real importance comes out of china. You might see a price increase on cheap plastic cars, meanwhile chinks would be cannibalizing each other in the streets.

You misunderstand humans fundamentally.

If the US fights China then you would fancy the Allies to win (NATO is pretty powerful)

Once the Chinese get squeezed into a tight space, why would they still follow the rules of war?

What was Hitler's reaction when he was pinned down inside Berlin with the Red Army approaching? He issued the Nero Decree (as you say, Nero-tier), ordering the destruction of German infrastructure so the Allies wouldn't get it (it was ignored - the first time the German hierarchy disobeyed Hitler).

That's what Xi Jinping would do if he's pinned down too. Why wouldn't he? If his country looked beaten anyway he would have NOTHING to lose. He would have EVERYTHING to gain by launching nukes, because at that point it could be their only shot at surviving, if they disabled the US.

The US would undoubtedly do the same if they, God forbid, looked like they were about to lose as well.

This is honestly the worst fucking "analysis" I could have imaged from a thread like this.

You think China can "simply" start producing nukes? Are you actually disabled? Unless they have magically stockpiled the nukes ready to be assembled in weeks they are fucked. We can easily hit their refineries before they can start "mass producing" and that would be beyond antagonizing. They aren't the USSR.

The other completely mentally retarded part of your post is that you think they could easily take South Korea and Japan. I'm not going to bother typing the essay, but you are actually insane if you think that is anything but a loss of life and equipment on Barbarossa scale.

>"Last I heard there were a Billion screaming Chinamen."
>*grim face*
>"There were..."

the entrie worlds economy would fucking collapse

70% of US GDP comes from internal consumption
14% from exports

We don't need them.
Invest in industrial REITS like DCT and STAG
American manufacturing is coming back lads
Prepare your portfolios

*autistically keks at inopportune time

Why would Russia risk their head over China? They wouldn't. If China falls it leaves a vacuum of manufacturing power and allows them to acquire a stronger sphere of power in Asia. If Russia sided with China, they get pounded by the EU which is stupid to try (inb4 le Eu is total weaksauce), protip: Russia knows if it goes Nuclear they're dead too especially with France and GB having the nooks.

They also have a nice big ol' powercard to play with the US, they can threaten war with the EU if they're not on our side, so they have bargaining power. With China, they are risking their lives to hope they overcome the US.

Wouldn't china collapse as it is communist?

And out of that 14% exports only a small fraction goes to China, most of it goes to Canada and Europe

If that happened then the fight would turn into a military one, I'm sure of it.

China is now a massive military power. Xi Jinping is an ardent defender of Chinese interests - he tells stories of China's previous humiliation (just like Hitler did in Germany). He shows Chinese military prowess to the world stage, with parades (there was a massive one last year, for the 75th anniversary of Victory in Japan). And he doesn't back down when confronted over matters like Taiwan, or the South China Sea.

If the US did try and economically penalise China, then China would respond by trying to annex one of the disputed territories in the South China Sea that the US has pledged to protect (e.g. Taiwan). The US would then be obliged to defend that territory, and hey presto! You've got war!

World War III will happen in this century. Mark my words. And if it is Russia and China versus the West... then holy fuck. Those countries together have a military power that could certainly overpower the US. Russia already has (marginally) more nukes than the US. Hopefully the NATO powers together would be strong enough... but who knows.

We could only hope with all

Harder than ours.

It's like saying you can kill a person by tearing your arm off and beating them with it.

>We could only hope with all

Whoops meant to delete that

That was going to say something about hoping that NATO will be strong enough, which I then wrote in that last sentence

You start out right then go left.

China knows that the US can rape it economically in seconds. The US proved this by dry donging Russia and Iran through economics alone.

China knows it's weak, and so backs it up with military show and threats. It's a battle of Military vs. Economics. China is threatening to go to war or invade if the US fucks with it economically because their economy will literally shit the bed harder than the Great Depression marrying Zimbabwe.

Russia will not ally with China. There is no reason in their current state to try to start the end times, it only hurts Russia. Like I said above, they get a seat at the table to bargain with the US if China starts shoving. It's like you hope the big guy in the track suit will be on your side until Uncle Sam walks over and offers the Baltics and agrees to allow Russia to gain power over Syria + parts of the ME guaranteed. NATO and EU bargaining power makes it so China has no allies.

Their closest ally is the nords aka the Zombie Empire, and honestly they just hope they can get India to side with them. That's the real danger, is the poolords going all in with China.

Make Chinese land grab.

China controls 97% of the world's rare earth metals. Russia probably wants that.

Also warm water pacific ocean ports.

>China knows that the US can rape it economically in seconds.
How? You do realise China exports to basically every single fucking country on Earth?

Sure, if ALL the Western nations froze China out (which they could do), that would significantly hurt China - but they'd just respond with military!

>Russia will not ally with China. There is no reason in their current state to try to start the end times, it only hurts Russia. Like I said above, they get a seat at the table to bargain with the US if China starts shoving. It's like you hope the big guy in the track suit will be on your side until Uncle Sam walks over and offers the Baltics and agrees to allow Russia to gain power over Syria + parts of the ME guaranteed. NATO and EU bargaining power makes it so China has no allies.
Interesting theory. You might be right. But China and Russia together would be a significant military force, possibly more powerful than the US's, when they're both put together. And they might both think that they could get somewhere if they form that sort of alliance.

Look at the Central Powers of WWI. Germany and Austria-Hungary didn't love each other, and alone they weren't as powerful as the Triple Entente. But together, they knew they had a real chance of conquering Europe.

Same with the Axis in WWII. Germany, Italy and Japan were just three expansionist states that allied over a desire to expand. What do China and Russia share in common? A desire to expand!

>Their closest ally is the nords aka the Zombie Empire, and honestly they just hope they can get India to side with them. That's the real danger, is the poolords going all in with China.
I seriously doubt the Nords would, they are fully affiliated with the West (only Norway is in NATO I think, but the other two definitely wouldn't go against the West. Finland is obviously the most likely but they've become incredibly Westernised since Russia stopped ruling over them, so I doubt it.)

You have a point with India tho.

South Korea is actually pretty useless.

North Korea has all the rare earth minerals and metals.

South Korea doesn't have anything except pop idols.

Also, until all 8 Goddesses in South Korea have their identities revealed and are in jail, South Korea is a compromised nation.

Not all Chinese cities are equal.

Some Chinese Cities would probably side with America like Shanghai which has the most foreigners.

A lot of Chinese cities don't like Beijing the capital.

Starvation still occurs in China.

Read up on the Communist farming system in China that Mao introduced that is still active today in China.

articles.latimes.com/2011/sep/16/world/la-fg-china-elite-farm-20110917

theguardian.com/sustainable-business/2015/may/14/china-middle-class-organics-food-safety-scares

China literally has farms managed by Europeans or European technology that is only for the economical and political Chinese elite that don't advertise to the Chinese public at all.

The demand for uncontaminated food products is very big in China.

Seriously, read those 2 articles I linked you.

It is not a joke. China's elites do not eat the same food Chinese peasants eat.

They never shop at regular Chinese markets.

They eat food only from suppliers that import food from Europe or grown using European technology.

That is how far China's elite is willing to go to eat uncontaminated food in China.

Really makes you think.

What an idiotic post.

>Muh Worlds War I

Also, he means fucking North Korea and not Nordic nations.

China has no naval power.

The best ship in the Chinese navy is an old Russian Carrier originally bought because Hong Kong wanted to turn the Russian Carrier into a floating Casino.

He said "the nords" you fucking twat, THAT MEANS THE NORDIC NATIONS

But yes you are probably right, it probably does mean North Korea, that makes much more sense. "The nords" unequivocally is a name for the Nordic nations though.

>Muh Worlds War I
And WWII. Both wars featured nations that didn't necessarily love each other, but allied together so they could expand.

Tell me why they're not relevant to a potential WWIII?

India hates China though.

China has a stranglehold of the water that flows into India and China has been damming up all the rivers that flow into India's major river systems.

I am sure India would love to have those Chinese dams removed.

Acording to an expert in warfare (A fucking sock puppet) Murrica' would win

>China is threatening to go to war or invade if the US fucks with it economically because their economy will literally shit the bed harder than the Great Depression marrying Zimbabwe.

kek'd

>How? You do realise China exports to basically every single fucking country on Earth?

And the US is buying the majority of those exports.

forgot link i'm fucking retarded
youtube.com/watch?v=J3VqF2dXje0&t=98s

Defeating China would save humanity.

Antibiotic Resistance is due to China abusing antibiotics on their farm animals on a massive scale.

Better dead than red

They're the second largest navy in the world according to Wikipedia.

>1 aircraft carrier

The majority of the Chinese navy is involved in protecting their illegal Chinese fishermen.

A single A-10 Thunderbolt II would take care of a majority of them.

Kek confirms, Chinese navy is a shit desu

All it takes are 3 torps to sink a US carrier. /0 subs and they pentrate US CBG all day every day withou the US navy be abel to do shit.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-492804/The-uninvited-guest-Chinese-sub-pops-middle-U-S-Navy-exercise-leaving-military-chiefs-red-faced.html

The chinks do it.
The French.
The Germans. The English.
The Russians/Soviets.

You couldn't defend you CBG if your lives depend on it, witch it dose.

CIA would murder the most famous actor/actress in each ethnicity group then pin it on a chinese guy then America would Chinatown purge 100%

>And the US is buying the majority of those exports.

False.

The total value of trade for China was $4.16 trillion in 2013 (that's imports + exports)

The US accounted for $521 billion of that. That's 13%.

Source: chinadaily.com.cn/bizchina/2014-02/19/content_17290565.htm

Underestimate them at your peril - their navy in general is very strong.

What's CBG?

Good post anyway, besides your terrible fucking spelling

> Easily hit their refineries

China has plenty of nuclear power plants and extensive bunker systems in the Himalayas and in the Gobi desert

Hitting their nuclear-weapon production is impossible

We play tcg and video games against each other because westerns society is more beta than it was back in WW2

Krugman, please go.

it should be a pretty good battle. russia is suppose to buke china and canada is suppose to nuke america

but what they wont accept is china made some new wmd . supposedly its better than the virus the cdc wont talk about found in africa that africa found out the cdc was collecting samples of and south africa has at its disposal

i hear its chemical based and laugh if you want but what if all plants in a country the size of texas died from 1 cloud seeding operation done with 1 radar avoiding missile launched from a sub and they wouldnt grow in the soil for another 4 months

If you pull Russia into this, The US already won because they have the STATUS-2 Misslile, BOOM, most of east asia is gone with 1 nuke

>Implying we can't sink their 1

Try harder Ackmed

>only 30kt