Sup Forums BTFO

Sup Forums BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Washington_Carver#Reputed_inventions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Nice computer, house, clothing, education, language, etc

Didn't the ancient romans have dreadlocks? Or did I make that up

you'd make up the past too if you knew you didn't have a future

I don't remember if Romans did, but a lot of cultures from all over the world and many different time periods have used dreadlocks for various reasons. Greeks definitely had them and I think it was a religious thing in Tibet.

>let me tell you what you can do with your own hair

What fucking nerve

The irony is that she's the one being racist because she's attributing a hairstyle to a race stereotypically

>peanut butter is in a jar.
Haha nice one sneaking in a little cultural appropriation.

Topkek

The peanut butter, you mean? Because peanuts were being made into paste back in the Aztec days and a Canadian actually was the first to patent it. Carver didn't do shit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Washington_Carver#Reputed_inventions

People forget that cultural appropriation is a good thing. Arabs (actually Syrians) took European mathematics and used Arabic (actually Indian) numerals to lay the foundations for the types of mathematics we do today.

In some cases cultural appropriation creates something entirely new and sometimes it offers a fresh perspective on old idea, but either way everyone wins by adapting these technologies to new purposes.

But the mixing of cultures is bad

Sup Forums told me so!

Probably person in pic is white. White people don't get to call out appropriation. That in itself is appropriation. Only PoC (pbuh) are allowed to have things appropriated from them.

Why do you censor the names stupid fucking leaf?

Some ideas are fundamentally incompatible with a group's ideology. It's the reason why Europeans find Islam so repulsive and why protecting "human rights" is perceived as enforcing western values to non-whites.

Mixing isn't the problem, since everyone would only integrate the ideas they find palatable, it's forcing ideas on others that's the problem.

>not washing your hair and letting it turn into greasy turds in imitating black people
lol

Got ya senpai.

Screw on lid and jar
They stole it you dastardly man.

BREAKING JEWS ARE GOING TO RAISE INTEREST RATES WE ARE GOING TO COLLAPSE BEFORE TRUMP GETS IN

>took European mathematics
oh no

So Indians are the ones that don't appropriate white culture?

Who will protect them from isis now that everyone knows mossad did 9/11?
Let's make sure their "neighbors" understand the goals of "greater israel" land grab.
Especially now...

>blacks are proud of being so dirty that they have dreadlocks, and get angry when other people sink to their level
you literally, unironically couldn't make this shit up

But inventions aren't the same as culture

Need to define culture desu- but we can agree it doesn't include inventions

-

Cultural appropriation might include Americans making fun of Scottish people or something. But then Scottish people weren't exterminated by Americans or anything. It's not the same

Hmm

Nope, this is absolutely true. This isn't to say that mathematics is declarative and white, but after the expansion of Arabic control northward into the Levant the works of Greek philosophers were translated into Arabic and circulated due to the common language. In fact, we have many Greek texts which survive only in their Arabic translations because of this.

I don't get it. What's this cultural appropriation thing anyway?

Ideas are the same thing as culture. The culture of a people is the set of constraints on the idea space that they share. An invention is a combination of ideas within that space.

How the fuck can a "culture" claim a hair style? it's fucking insane from inception

Culture would be more like a set of repeated behaviours that gain some kind of spiritualist significance

Inventions don't have spiritual significance

The Native Americans not wanting people to wear their costumes makes more sense than the hair style one. Seems like just a funny way to do hair that they happened to invent first

You've defined culture far too narrowly and arbitrarily. Does capitalism have a spiritual significance? Is it a behaviour? It's certainly part of western culture at this point.

Who the fuck wants to "appropriate" dread locks.

I used to work with a guy who had dreads that were so long they came down to around his arse.

He didn't wash them. THEY STUNK especially on a hot day when he was sweating a lot (His gf even used to mock his "stinky head"
He had lice all the time and you could literally see the shit in his hair (We were doing manual dirty manual labour jobs)
Plus he was always itching his head from the lice and the dirt everywhere.

It put me off dreads for life.

Whites are not allowed to borrow from non-white cultures, but non-whites are allowed to borrow from white culture...

....but don't forget that we are a fair and equal society :^)

Capitalism seems more like an invention

haha, just peanut butter left.

>Be racist

>Get kicked out of "x"

Well, it seems like racism is dealt with in Canada.

So what's the posters problem?

Yes, but it's certainly part of our culture. Inventions are ideas formed from previously existing ideas. It's these inventions that form the culture.

How can feminists lack so much self-awareness. They are blinded by their righteousness.

No, culture isn't just inventions, it's different traits and behaviours with significance of themselves, so to speak

Inventions which exist because of their utility can be used by everyone with no harm done

Inventing things is white culture

Beautiful

>aw cute

Dude just shut the fuck up.
Cul-ture
noun
the arts and other manifestations of human intellectual achievement regarded collectively.

I'm honestly surprised Trudeau didn't swoop in with his micro dick to personally defend the poor oppressed nigger culture.

that's a lousy definition

kicked out of WHAT? I have no context here faggot