Catholic General

Catholic General.

Fellow Brothers and Sisters, lower your swords but keep your shields steady! For those that don't believe, feel free to ask questions! For those that do believe, share your thoughts and faith!

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=nG5gEzymh5c

Thread rules:
> Judge not, lest ye be judged
> Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
> Do not condemn or shun someone for not sharing the same beliefs as us.
> Be as civil and somber as possible.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bt0srHszhxs
youtu.be/9WAbpbVMulE
youtube.com/watch?v=ChNz-i3UYxQ
youtu.be/621LzO0qWnU
comedonchisciotte.org/la-grande-fragilita-di-papa-bergoglio-dopo-la-sconfitta-di-hillary-clinton-e-di-george-soros/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is over there, dipshit

Fuck off to reddit Sup Forums is a board of Christ.

what made you think a russian orthodox chant was appropriate?
>inb4 the ortodox church is the only catholic church too

You don't know where you are... do you?

Why is Catholicism correct?

Why not...Islam for example?

All types of Christian chants are beautiful
youtube.com/watch?v=Bt0srHszhxs

They eat poo and pee

It depends on your roots.
It's not a matter of which religion is correct and which isn't. It's a matter of what religion is most relevant to you, your culture, and your specific view on the world.

Catholicism = west and freedom
Islam = middle east and allahu akbars

He's right. Conspiracy theories about Jews rising from the dead probably belong in

>They eat poo and pee
As opposed to blood and flesh?

>It depends on your roots.
So which religion is not that important, only that you follow one and each are valid?

>Catholicism = west and freedom
So it's not so much that the religion is correct, its just the context that makes it useful?

Catholicism is Paganism, you're all heretics, embrace Mormonism!

Christianity is supposed to serve as the last bulwark against all which would wish to see the West in ruin.

Extra Ecclesiam nulla salus.

Something more "modern"

youtu.be/9WAbpbVMulE

>Pope is a satan worshiping globalist
>Chambers under Vatican used for child sacrifice ceremonies
>Catholics

Catholic General? Sup Forums needs a /christian/ general, for all denominations on non-denominational

>Christianity is supposed to serve as the last bulwark
It still looks like Islam is to Christianity what Christianity was to Paganism.
If people only ever followed their roots we should all still be pagans.

>Extra Ecclesiam nulla salus.
What happens when Islam makes similar claims, who is correct?

Crusades when?

I'm going to get my daughter baptized soon. I'm excited!

is it okay that the church shuffled child molesters from parish to parish in order to avoid investigation and incarceration?

like - are you all cool with it?

Former seminarian here. Keep making these threads user. The Holy Spirit is alive in them.

Mormonism is x1000000000 times superior than your Pagan, heretical "Catholicism"

youtube.com/watch?v=ChNz-i3UYxQ

No it is never OK, however, the blame lies with quite a few, and the universal Church ought not be the only (or even primary) recipient of the hostility. Many cardinals hired external "experts" who believed the perpetrators would be fixed in a different environment. Not to mention Michael Rose posits in "Good Bye Good Men" that seminary faculty made a willful attempt to accept homosexuals, in priority against heterosexuals, which lead to the problem.

Riiiiiight. Golden plates and "We wuz Israelites n sheeeeeit".

other christians are allowed to join in!

Man, keep your head lower. Until a better Pope purge the fucking pedos and the corruption from the Vatican, we have no right to criticize the morality of other Christians.

Literally a joke that went too far.

All the "witnesses" to John Smith's religion were excommunicated from the church.

The "hieroglyphs" were proven to be false. The Jews also never used Hieroglyphs.

It's proven in the new testament that no other prophets will come after Jesus. Everyone else is a liar.

They believe the Native Americans were the "lost tribe of Israel" that came to America on wooden submarines 8000 years ago.

You must be mentally ill to believe in that.

what about when other christians use their faith to try and make the world worse for others? mormons trying to influence gay marriage votes, for instance

Orthodoxy is better.

Heretics are not allowed.

All Protestant countries are now atheist. All Protestant countries believe in gay marriage, euthenasia, and abortions.

Protestants are directly responsible for the decline of western culture and civilization.

>It's proven in the new testament that no other prophets will come after Jesus.
Assuming the bible is perfect and unchanged, which it isn't.
You must be thinking of the Quran.

>holding contradictory truths is ok as long as it makes someone feel good
>This is relativist actually believe

People are different and can have different values and culture. As long as it doesn't contradict objective truth it's not an issue. There is actually a lot more room in that statement than you think.

However if you're gonna pull that nonsense that contradictory objective truth are both equal why not take the next step and be a nihilist. Relativism is the cowards nihilism after all.

>Calls Protestants heretics
>Catholic
Topkek

Either way, Mormonism is the purest form of Christianity

>based in ethnicity, rather than theology.
>pretends the Pope doesn't exist
>Pretends 1000 years of church history did not exist
>pretends their patriarchs are equal to the Successor of Saint Peter (Mathew 18:18)
>they all ditched their religion during Stalin, but pretend nothing happened
>patriarch of Moscow was involved with illegal tobacco trade in the USSR, all while other Christians were getting persecuted.
>Patriarch of Moscow is a puppet for Putin.
>Allows divorces
>allows contraception
Literally Protestant tier.

I know nothing about Mormons, no such thing here. Just few evangelical and Jehovah's Witness.
What their position on gay marriage?

Methodist here. How do I stop being a heretic and join the one true Church?

Why are there two Jesus's?

We don't judge our branched brothers, even if we believe they are mislead!

The most we can do, is answer questions they ask.

You as well as other Christians and people of other beliefs are welcome into the discussion.
Isaiah 1:18
"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool."

youtu.be/621LzO0qWnU

OK I'll bite. Why?

Sorry, you need to come into full communion with Christ's one true church on earth. If you want to promulgate heresy, start your own thread.

>allows contraception

B-but we are the ones who allow progress right?
Contraception is needed, expecially in AIDS infested Africa. Not only contraception but sterilization if you want my opinion.

Islam is cult like.

It's an exact copy if the Pagan beliefs they practiced in Mecca.

Mohammeds family made their wealth in the pilgrimage to Mecca (Pagan). They worshipped a moon god(Crescent moon sound familiar?)

He needed money so he bullshitted his way to creating his cult.

Guess what? After he forced people to covert or death, he makes them go to Mecca at least once a year. Sounds like a scam to me.

Islam spread by the sword (as said in the Quran). This is a historical fact. Every Islamic country was forced to convert, die, or pay a tax.

Christianity spread by good news. Islam spread by the sword.

We did during the early days

Heretics used to get burned alive.

They're not our brothers. Protestants are disgusting and will burn in hell.

WAIT A FUCKING SECOND!

I thought it was common knowledge by now that Catholics are just white Muslims or/and Christians with a stick up their ass?

I mean seriously you fools; Mormons, jews, cristians, catholics, muslims and jobos... you're all the same, you all believe in the same invisible friend because an old book says he exists, well congrats you deludes by your logic 1000 years from now someone will dig up a superman comic and base a religion on him, GG.

Mormonism is a mental illness.

So Christianity did not exist until an illiterate hick in Illinois came along?

So the church fathers were wrong?

The Bible is wrong?

We do not consider Mormons Christians. You're no different than Hindus or Muslims.

Disgusting blasphemous "religion". You actually believe you can be gods of your own planet. That's not what the Bible says.

What are your thoughts on Laudato Si' and Amoris Laetitia? I'm a lapsed Catholic who just recently rediscovered the Church. I've been reading the Holy Father's scholarship, and I must say I feel like it is divinely inspired. I can feel the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, acting as a conduit for God the Father. Pope Francis really seems to be an incredible man.

where do i go to be in a traditional catholic city/town/community? what country? city?
i have a few different grad schools ive focused on, in austria, italy

>Christianity spread by good news. Islam spread by the sword.
Does they way a religion is spread make is less correct or less divine?
Even if this was a fair characterisation, I fail to see how this makes Islam incorrect.
'It seems bad' is an argument now?

Christ tolerated people who were Rational, and only shunned stupidity!

Besides, if we are to guide people to the light, condemning people instead of explaining why they're wrong isn't an effective method!

We are warriors, but we are also righteous! A time and a place for war, my friend!

Technically Catholic means universal so it could apply to all orthodox Christians

Any good books you guys recommend? Videos and pics welcomed too. Can be on anything related to Christianity, preferably Catholocism. Roman Catholic btw

Disgusting heresy.

Fuck them. Let them die. I do not care.

No extramarital sex. We cannot change our beliefs. How can we be the perfect bride of Christ if we change?
If we change 1 thing, what's stopping us from changing another?

Protestants thought contraceptives were okay, but abortions were bad in the 30s. Now they're believing abortions are okay. They have gay marriages. They have woman "priests".

Look at history. Every Protestant church is made up. Every Protestant country has the highest Atheist population.

I would rather die the most painful death than become a Protestant.

First off, I want to talk about their values and ethics, whatever you think of their theology I will get into in a bit. So let's see here:
>Drugs are a sin
>Against gays
>Recognize differences between races
>Huge emphasis on having a regular nuclear family, and going to church regularly
>in general strong conservative values
>Recognizes homosexuality as a sin
>Mormons tend to be one of the happier groups in America due to having a pro-social orientation and more meaning and purpose due to missions and other aspects of their faith

That's just the ethics and morals part, theologically it makes as much sense as any other religion. We can talk about specifics if you want, just shoot.

I can arrange that for you if you like, mentally ill cunt.

Why will God not speak to us?

If you want a non theological but pragmatical answer, look at history.
Islam only bring misery, death and enslavement.
This don't make Christianity more correct, but make Islam wrong.

That mentality has made the Christian population to lower.

It's us vs them. We will close our doors.

If you want to convert, then convert. If not, prepare for eternal fires.

Why is it that when we decided to act all friendly to Heretics in the 60s our church numbers dropped?

Why is it that Christianity is at an all time low?

Thank you for making these threads, Brother. Like I said I'm just rediscovering the one holy, catholic and apostolic Church of Christ. And I feel like God is speaking to me, as I've been on Sup Forums for many years, and have never never seen a Catholic general thread. And now I've seen it three times in two days. Not superstitious, but it's interesting. And not the first time I've felt God calling me at an odd time. And still I struggle with agnosticism and mortal sin. Once you start to get into the church doctrine, it's just a shame to see what we've become. Anything goes - there is no piety, there is no chastity, no respect for fellow man. Hell, there is no respect for the earth. And all of God's creation. A real shame.

Burn in hell.

Enjoy your gay marriages and woman priests.

I am tired of heretics.

>look at history
What is Islamic Golden Age?
>misery, death and enslavement
Isn't that the premise for Christianity? That a saviour was tortured and that if you follow him you will also be persecuted?
Seems like you need to look in the mirror.

How do you know He is not doing so? How do you know he isn't here in this thread?

fuck off with your bronze age fairy tales americuck

Shut up Turkey

Because this is a thread full of humans. Created by humanity. God has no need to obfuscate himself, seemingly, but yet he won't speak to us? Not me at least. I feel the "God-hole", I've asked, I've prayed, but he doesn't speak to me. It's like humanity is shunned.

What are you talking about.
We changed our belief a lot in history. I'm not a priest or sheeet but here "the Bible is a live book".
Stuff change with changes in society and technology. I'm not for free sex, it should not be allowed, but there is a need for the savages to use contraception. As far as I know is not forbidden in the Gospels.

We fight when the need arises. Indeed, there is a need to fight back, particularly against islam. Not for religious reasons either, but strictly for cultural preservation, and the lives of our citizens.

As for the reason that Christianity is at an All Time Low, is due to the liberal movement, and the rising trend of hedonism without restraint. If you combine THAT with the fact that just about every muslim has around... oh, say, at least 8 children, Christianity is being combated simply through numbers.

Lower your sword, but keep up your shield, my brother!

(Also, more crusader pics. This is my last one).

Alright OP (or other Catholics), convince me your religion is true. I like Catholicism, and I'd like to have the same sense of faith you guys do, but I think I redpilled myself too much. How do you reconcile your faith with things like:

>historically proven through archaeology that the hebrews were never slaves in egypt
In fact, the Hebrews were never in Egypt in large numbers until a few hundred years after the pyramids were built. The whole exodus from Egypt thing was likely written as a propaganda piece.
>old testament story of the creation and the flood is a hodgepodge of older sumerian myths
See: the Epic of Gilgamesh
>the "visions" prophets had are likely a result of some really intense hallucinogens
Ezekiel 1 through 3 are a great example of this. First he sees the cherubim, these four-faced angels with ox hooves and lightning coursing through their bodies, then he sees gyroscopic wheels covered in eyeballs, and then he eats a scroll god gives him and it tastes like honey.

I could go on, but you get the idea.

>What is Islamic Golden Age?
Something that never happened, just stolen gold and knowledge from other people.
Islam is a demoniac cult, I don't even know if muslims can be considered humans despite what the Pope say.

The Islamic "goldenage"was destroyed by Muslims.

It was actuality Jews and Christians that did most of the scientific and health discoveries.

That is not an argument. Hindus have done more than Muslims have. Does that mean Hinduism is true?
>hurr durr jeebus died on a cross
Yes he died for our sins so we can go to heaven.

We believe god is the light. We will follow him, even if that means our Martyrdom. I would rather die a martyr and live an eternity of happiness than live 100 years and live an eternity of hell.

Martyrs in Islam are those that die fighting to the death.

Martyrs in Christianity are those who die by persecution.

Islam is an militant belief. There is nothing peaceful about it, you know that too. That's why so many of you are willing to kill innocent children because "Allah wants me to".

Is it bad to believe in God and science? For example, believing God created all things, including science, and allowed science to run its course on its own, which is still does to this day, only having to interfere when He feels necessary?

Maybe you just don't have your ears open. Listen, I've been out of the Church for years. Despite the fact that I've deeply offended the Lord with past agnosticism, He has spoken to me on more than one occasion. I just wasn't listening. I don't think it's just a coincidence that these Catholic general threads are popping up when I'm preparing to receive the penitential sacrament of confession for the first time in many years and restore my Communion with the Lord.

No we have NOT.

We have not changed doctrine.

Give me 1 example. Let's see if you can.

Convert to Protestantism. I do not care. Your false beliefs are disgusting.

No, this is consistent with the teachings of the Holy See - which themselves are the divinely inspired word of the Lord. I would recommend reading Laudato Si'.

So let's say there's another Crusade, would I be allowed to fight? I'm agnostic, but I was baptized as a Greek Catholic.

The pope Jorge Mario Bergoglio is not legitimate! He is a plant of George Soros and the Obama administration!

The proofs are in this analysis, unfortunately it's in Italian. But for everyone to see here is a mail send from John Podesta before the Vatileaks scandal forced Pope Benedict XVI to resign:
>“Newman: There needs to be a Catholic Spring, in which Catholics themselves demand the end of a middle ages dictatorship and the beginning of a little democracy and respect for gender equality in the Catholic church. (…) Podesta: We created Catholics in Alliance for the Common Good to organize for a moment like this. But I think it lacks the leadership to do so now. Likewise Catholics United. Like most Spring movements, I think this one will have to be bottom up”.

comedonchisciotte.org/la-grande-fragilita-di-papa-bergoglio-dopo-la-sconfitta-di-hillary-clinton-e-di-george-soros/

Go to church, pray, meditate, look inside yourself.
You can't be convinced by words.
And don't take stuffs too literally.

I forgive this faggot.

Yes, once baptized, you are always a member of the flock. Some just go astray. You should repent and enter into full Communion with the Church though. I'm not one to cast stones though, as I've battled through my fair share of doubts and sin.

Can Catholics meditate?

Go to confession and receive the body and blood of Christ.

Agnostics and atheists are the enemy.

>That is not an argument. Hindus have done more than Muslims have. Does that mean Hinduism is true?
I was making a counter-argument to Pastabro here who stated that Islam is wrong because it is, quote "only bring misery, death and enslavement."

>Martyrs in Islam are those that die fighting to the death.
>Martyrs in Christianity are those who die by persecution.

This is an important distinction. But does the fact that Islam has the potential to be warlike make is less correct?

You seem to be making a moral argument here but like the problem of evil, this existence of bad things doesn't mean God isn't just, only his Justice is above our understanding.

>actully thinking Pope "let me kiss these gay migrants' feet as I decry whatever trump says" Francis is infallible

We INVENTED Christian meditation.

Yoga and other pagan "meditations" are Satan worship.

> gives me permissions to throw stones at catholics.

fuck yeah, it's great to be an athiest!

why should I leave glorious nondenominational Protestantism for Catholicism? I'm open for change but I was influenced by my parents as a kid who thought you guys were weird because of your rituals

First that come to mind is the ascent to heaven of the Virgin Mary. A later addition by I don't remember what Pope.

Another one is in some letter of Paul, where he talk about a woman bishop, Tecla was the name, but I'm too lazy to find the reference.

Priests used to have a wife until St Ambrose

But again, no reference to contraception in the Gospels.

John 4:20
"Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen."

My personal belief

Although it may seem like God neglects humanity, it's for a tactical purpose. We are tasked with pursuing him ourselves. Could you Imagine what would happen if God revealed himself to the world? Aside from the fact that looking upon God is literally fatal, our desire to seek and develop our own experiences will be destroyed.

I too went through a dark time where I questioned God. However, that's when I came to an epiphany.

These horrible things that are happening in the world? Famine, War, Terrorism, Death, etc, a high majority of it is human influenced.

Think of it like this. We have the ability to choose without direct intervention. Our choices cause a butterfly effect that we never noticed.

>Timmy has leukemia, God doesn't exist.
In this day and age, carcinogenics are around every corner. Most of these are magnified by humans.

>Starvation in Africa, God doesn't exist.
If people stopped giving money to phony foundations and actually addressed the issue themselves, this could be easily taken care of. We have the ability to fix this, we're just too greedy.

>What kind of God allows female circumcision in the Middle East? God doesn't exist.

God never said to cut the clit off of your daughters...

>Ebola is spreading like wildfire, what kind of god allows this?

Someone should probably stop african raids on ebola clinics where they loot supplies and rape the ebola patients to... fight ebola?
Whenever there's a problem, analyze it deeply, and you will see that humans are heavily responsible for most of it. Sure, we got natural disasters, but dying is a part of life... Literally.

And maybe you're right, user. I'll keep listening as always and hope. I just hope God will understand my unique perspective and indulge me with ample evidence. As it stands, I'm not there yet.

Yes. Because God revealed to the Prophet Joseph Smith(what a boring ass name) that he lives on a planet called Kolob, and that every good Mormon gets their own planet.

You are being respectful, more so than me, so I respect you for that.

Anyway, Islam is wrong similarly to Mormonism. It's built on lies.

Mohammed believed that HE has the uncorrupted truth. That he is worshiping the god of Abraham.

Yet that's believing that the original followers of Abraham (Jews) are wrong. You have to ignore historical fact to believe that.

Islam is not built upon the good news, or love.

I believe that god IS love. I believe god loves us and that it is us humans who chose to not accept that love. Every void of god is void of love. Everything without that is Satan.

I have not found any evidence of love in Islam. I cannot believe that Islam is true and divine without it.

I believe the god of Abraham is loving. The God of Abraham is in Christianity.

Really the only other option is Christianity or Judaism. I have proof that Talmudic Judaism is false(I won't go into it unless you want.)

After a rapid reading: your link is just the editorial of a blogger. I don't like Bergoglio, but a freemason? Naaa.

That kind of shit is the sure mark of a punk ass faggot. You ma'am, have proved yourself a bitch.

>that's believing that the original followers of Abraham (Jews) are wrong.
Not exactly. Mohammad claims the the record of the early prophets has been corrupted over time and that he is merely supplying the correct updated version. That's a big difference to saying the Jews were wrong. They were misguided. Even Christians recognise this.

>I have not found any evidence of love in Islam. I cannot believe that Islam is true and divine without it.
This is a little bit dishonest. But if you feel this way I completely understand.
If God is just Love though, then why is there so much suffering in the world?

>first ascent

I don't even know what you're talking about. Give me a source
>Woman bishops
There have never been woman bishops.

There is no historical record of that.

The Apostles were all men. Their successors, our Bishops, have continued to the incorruptible truth of Jesus.

You're pulling that out of your ass. Italians should know better.
>priests used to marry
That's not doctrine. That's a discipline. Why do some priest's have vows of poverty and silence? Same reason

We still have married priests. All of our Eastern churches allow it.

We have celibacy for practical reasons. There's no religion reason, and there is nothing wrong with it.

I have proven all your claims false. Why don't you actually research our faith?

Because we won the Crusades

>tfw lucia

>Lutherans, Anglicans, Orthodox are closer than ever to rejoining the church.
It feels so good.

We keep the ways of our ancestors. The church is the only remnant of the Roman state you know.