Podcast Download Request

itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/politicos-off-message/id987591126

Can somebody that uses iTunes download and share the David Brock episode?

Bump.

somebuddy pls give me the tl;dl on this pls

buuuump

tl:dr, 1/?
>Trump's campaign was about "the darkness", what's wrong with America and people wanted to hear their grievances aired

HAHAHAH oh god I want to hear this somebody please upload it

2/?
>Brock: There's a consensus among pollsters that Comey "stole the election" with his two letters

3/?
>Brock: Comey's "a good man who did the wrong thing", but I don't understand why Loretta Lynch let him send the letter

4/?
>Brock: 2nd: muh Russians, muh fake news, MSM awful in messaging, muh Sexism (people "not ready for a woman")

In addition to pic related, Brock farts cum

5/?
>Brock talking about background, his role in CREW (a lobby group), SuperPAC

6/?
>Brock: identified a need for "alternative media", missed opportunities for "thousands of out-takes" involving trump unaired by MSNBC, some hosts "regretful"

7/?
>Brock: Clinton campaign made tactical errors, didn't go to Wisconsin
>Brock: in 2015, campaign allowed Hillary's public image to be destroyed
>Brock: Aware of republican superpacs focussed on making Clinton appear "untrustable"
>Brock: She "won all three debates" [topkek]

8/?
>Brock: Trump intimidated the press, "the press are animals", Trump's strategy worked
>Brock: The NYT coverage on Trump's family often never made it to TV, Brock believes there's an "anti-Clinton" bias in the Times

Ty.

Much as the abstract thought of Brock's tears pleases me, I don't want to listen to him bitch and moan about this shit as if this fantasy about why his shitty candidate lost is reality.

She lost because: (i) she didn't campaign hard enough, (ii) she didn't read the writing on the wall in the rust belt states, and (iii) Trump campaigned *his ass* off for over a year, and in particular during the last few days before the election, when he was doing three rallies a day, including rallies in the critical states of FL, PA, MI, and WI.

Nobody could've beat Obama in 2008, but Romney *might* have beat him in 2012 if he had worked his ass off campaigning the way Trump did in 2016.

The real story of 2016 is that Trump won because he is smart, a great persuader, *and* he worked his fucking ass off, day after day after day, for over a year.

So the tl;dr is basically this is just another progressive who's out of touch with reality. And that due to this "consensus" we should expect the left and MSM to double down harder than they ever have in their existence. Did I get that right?

9/?
>Brock: Clinton poorly advised on the emails
>"Here's what I would have done":
>Clinton wasn't prepped on her emails interview
>She shouldn't have apologised because the media cannot be appeased
>"A minor story, should have been mocked".

10/?
>Brock: "My sister voted for Donald Trump" hahahaha!

11/?
>Brock: CTR started in 2013, now closed
>"We were told not to defend the Clinton Foundation when it was under attack"
>Brock: I told my staff to defend the CF
>"I hired 15 kids passionate about Hillary (for CTR)"

>A minor story

She, as our sec of defense, ran a potentially unsecure, highly illegal, email server from her home and then scrambled because she had something to hide.

But sure. Minor story.

12/?
>Brock: We framed Clinton as an underdog in "a world framed by sexism"
>"I got in trouble with the campaign when I requested Sanders' medical records"
>"I was frustrated because I could see Sanders coming"
>Brock: "We had to put the Sanders campaign on defense"

no reason to put sanders on defense the democrats cheated him out of the nomination anyways

13/?
>Brock: Clinton campaign told me to back off Sanders (medical records)
>More backstory
>In 2003 Brock was thanked by Pres. Clinton thanked him for writing memoirs "Blinded by the Right"
>Brock: I was invited to make a proposal to Clinton sponsors about Media Matters

14/?
>Brock raised $75m for 2016 campaign
>CTR and other orgs framed Trump in 3 ways:
>1) Unfit, temperamental
>2) Racist xenophobic sexist etc
>3) Conman, fraud, in it for himself
>But pro-Hillary orgs invested money on number 1 & 2, not 3, against Brock's wishes

If they double down it would be an exact repeat of 72

>do everything you can to make sure Clinton doesn't go to jail
>Get demonized by Clinton supporters
Being Comey must be suffering

Play the identity card, and sometimes it plays you.

15/?
>Brock: concerns being aired in campaign that there was too much reliance on analytics, and not enough persuasion
>Potential voters weren't pressed while going door to door, any ambivalence meant going to the next door, unlike most campaigns
>Backstory about Brock working for American Spectator

PERSUASION

16/?
>Brock: In writing a particular book he "came to view Clinton as a good person"
>James Alfantis (Comet Ping Pong) lived with Brock for 10 years, James has his own relationship with John Podesta
>Conspiracy woven around it with insane crowdsourcing
>"Fake news has real consequences"
>James showed Brock "vile death threats on his phone"
>At this point feared for James' safety
>Begins tearing up

17/?
>Brock: Trump has autocratic tendences, setting up a kleptocracy
>"We won the popular vote, we should act like it"
>Strategy is to "keep Trump unpopular"
>Trump's movement "proto-fascist"
>(Podcaster disagrees with this characterisation)

>Strategy is to "keep Trump unpopular"

B-but Russia did XYZ goyim! It's troooooo

18/?
>Brock: I like the presence of the Generals in Trump's team
>Believes that they will act as a safety net against Trump's autocratic potential, and that Trump doesn't know this
>Brock: Looking for places where "Democrats have power" to attack Trump, like Attorneys General

>identified a need for "alternative media"

oh fuck off brock you slimy fucken worm

you and your ilk have spent months and months slandering alternative media as being hijacked by "the wrong people", calling the conventional media biased against you, blaming just about everyone except yourselves. all of your shit was coordinated together by an in-group of political hacks and journalists in ivory towers with the end goal of manipulating the will of the average american voter to a degree i'd call outlandish and extreme, even for an american election season.

don't you fucking dare start bitching that you scumjugs didn't have a fair fight here, because you had the entire deck stacked in your favour but your own arrogance blinded you.

19/19
>Podcaster: Democrats are awful at building structure
>How do you convince people to prioritise redistricting?
>Brock: Pence and conservatives will undermine the populist effect of Trump with healthcare, tax for the working class
>Brock: I'm a partisan democrat, but we shouldn't demonise ideological enemies because "they aren't necessarily evil"
>Podcaster: Do you think Obama screwed up the party structure?
>Brock: Yes they (he?) have to bear some responsibility
>Podcaster: Did you get anything wrong?
>Brock: [Media Matters] We should have been on top of this "fake news problem"
>Facebook came under "right wing pressure", fired editors
>We didn't know what to do about it
>"Our monitoring is based on shaming people"
>There's technology being developed, we need to focus on that
>Complex problem, we need tighter management
>Podcaster: Is Clinton done?
>Brock: More support than Sanders, we need to marshall that
>She called him last week, long convo, didn't discuss her plans
>She'll "re-engage when ready"
>Doesn't think she'll retire.
>"I don't like to lose, more chapters to come".

That's about it.

Hey man that was good stuff and a real contribution, thank you.

No worries leafbro

Second. Thankyou for that.

it was classic Clintons behaviour. the entire reason she ran the illegal server in the first place was to keep her communications with her lackeys off the government's records, where it could be subpoenaed or otherwise legally requested.

and no, it can't be said this was personal communications, Sydney Blumenthal was practically running the Secretary of State office remotely through his advice to Clinton. to make an analogy to Cheney being Bush's Brain, Blumenthal was Rodham's Brain.

thanks for the 19 reads user. would give u gold but this isnt leddit thank god

>"Our monitoring is based on shaming people"
>pollsters still don't realize why their polls were wrong
Here's a hint: when you do nothing but shame people if they tell you the truth, they'll stop telling you the truth to your face. But they'll still vote the way they want.

How is this so fucking hard for them to understand?