Trump Picks Rex Tillerson, Exxon C.E.O., as Secretary of State

The fucking retard did it

Other urls found in this thread:

wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-candidate-for-state-has-close-ties-to-vladimir-putin-1481033938
nytimes.com/2008/05/27/business/27exxon.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Seriously.

>let's drain the swamp!
>appoints someone who is the swamp

So let me get this straight:

Hillary was the corporate candidate, the fear being her administration would act as an arm of Wall Street/Big Pharma/Big Oil, doling out favors to authoritarian regimes around the world who would donate to her.

Trump has put not one, not two, but THREE Goldman Sachs partners in his cabinet. His Sec of State is an oil magnate, his SBA Sec is the co-owner of a wrestling corporation, and the ball keeps rolling.

I don't get it. How do I mentally gymnastic this, losers?

Lol nice try reddit

Shit, really made my gears turn, i'm a #HillaryShill now

I'm really not sure who you all expected him to pick.

Keep yo friends close and enemies closer

>ceo is swamp
swamp is career politician and ivy league intelligentsia with no real world experience on running a business

trump literally said from the beginning of his campaign that he'd hire corporate "killers" to negotiate for america abroad

as long as rex loves america and wants to play for our team, literally nothing wrong with this

jidf

Defend your claim shill.

How can one be from the swamp with no prior service in government?

The difference is wall street owns hillary while nobody owns trump.

The other difference is that these people aren't lobbysts, unlike the people on obama's current cabinet and the ones hillary would pick.
They also aren't career politicians.

>all successful people are the swamp

The swamp is gonna get oily.

Only one man has had the balls to stand against the Rockefellers, and tell them to fuck off. That was Rex Tillerson in 2008.

Yeah... it feels like an overwhelming force is emerging and we were blind to it growing.

So the head of the USA's foreign policy is someone with no foreign policy or political experience.

He's also the current CEO of Exxon, a company that has been unable to claim $300 billion from it's Arctic drilling deal with Russia because of the sanctions on Russia.

In addition, Tillerson has known Putin for 20 years, and was awarded the Order of Friendship by Russia in 2013.

Honestly, why the fuck is Trump appointing people like this? Furthermore, how can anyone defend this as being a remotely appropriate person for SoS?

>swamp is career politician and ivy league intelligentsia with no real world experience on running a business

The career politicians are nothing without the corporate donors (like rex) influencing them.

Define "swamp."

Go ahead, I'm waiting.

good pick, just a man among equals

populist oligarchy rising.

>1 post by this ID
Trump hiring successful people isn't a bad thing. Where the hell else are you supposed to find decent economists?

It's almost as if he ran on a campaign of hiring the best business minds to do deals for us and ridiculed politicians as useless "political hacks".

I mean, kek, it's almost as if you're a full of shit closet leftist only pretending to be a disappointed Trump supporter as a subversive tactic. But that couldn't be!

elaborate

Okay, let's settle this question then. Who isn't swamp?

Because it's totally unrealistic to think a POTUS would pick your neighbor or the guy who delivers the newspapers.

But if CEO is the swamp and politicos are the swamp, where does it end? COO? Two levels down from the C-suite?

wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-candidate-for-state-has-close-ties-to-vladimir-putin-1481033938

>Staunch conservative
>Sense of patriotic duty

We're good. Fuck these haters.

>wanting someone with (((experience)))
no thanks

Still not being able to adjust to a Trump Presidency CTR?

But user. Having a non-confrontational relationship with foreign leaders is bad!

It's 2016, afterall!

Enjoy your corporate overlords, trumpfags

This is YOUR FAULT

>do dealz 4 us
>oops guys gas is $4 again

have fun with your denial

well the way I see it, this is basically the reverse of the typical lobbyist/govt relationship. Instead of the lobbyist making the government do what he wants, this is the government having the Lobbyist do what it wants. it's basically trickle down lobbyism. because all of these people have loads of connections to real world banking and industry, strings they can pull to do what trump wants.

at least, that's the theory

that's an insane theory by a person with no government experience.

it isn't some great mystery. it's money. it always is.

nytimes.com/2008/05/27/business/27exxon.html

question is, now that he's done it...

Will this hurt or help our economy?

Exxon is a company so large it has a foreign policy. T-rex owns like 9 passports and has been negotiating hundred-billion dollar deals all over the world for a good chunk of his career

>he still underestimates trump
If trump wanted money, he wouldn't have run for president, he would have stayed on his comfy billionaire life making deals and making his company grow.

This is the complete opposite of that.

>Wall street doesn't own trump just america
Fuck you

THE SWAMP JUST GOT 10 FEET DEEPER

>Will this hurt or help our economy?

Did the Iraq War "help" the economy?

No, it doesn't.

He's rich, he's old, he doesn't give fuck about that crap anymore.

>having a job
>""""swamp"""""
lel

>certain CEOs have been making bad deals for the US recently despite being "US companies" or having their CEOs /directors /share-holders be majority US citizens
>ask those people to get into government positions

> no longer capable of sharing time with their old job, they've effectively been "fired" from it
> no longer really capable of selecting choices that would go against the direct geo-political interest of their country as that could be considered treason
> an outsider to government politics and corruption but not business politics and corruption
oh and
> be a corrupt asshole in government
> get discovered and get your reputation so completely rekt you would carry that weight forever

Expect Trump to do everything he can to boost the economy in the short term no matter the long term consequences. This will probably manifest as huge tax cuts while increasing domestic spending and not cutting social services. Sure the deficits will be huge but who fucking cares, Trump will be out of office before that ever becomes a problem.

Kill all Trumpfags. They don't deserve life.

>I'm gonna backtrack and pretend the swamp doesn't mean what it actually means.

Enjoy the kleptocracy Amerifag.

You're being a racist, xenophobic intolerant bigot.

>oy vey goyim why did you pick someone who gets along great with Russia as top diplomat to restore ties with Russia
>no filthy goyim you're supposed to hate Russia

>that's an insane theory by a person with no government experience.
well it should be, that's my theory. I dont know the way trump sees it, but having connections is everything in politics these days.

having people on your team who have all the best connections in the world has it's benefits

>You're being a racist, xenophobic intolerant bigot.

Defend your candidate. If Hillary nominated a CEO of Goldman Sachs what would Sup Forums say?

Yeah sure, trust the slavs. That never backfires.

>paypal is the swamp
>alex jones is the swamp

>not allowed to pick politicians
>not allowed to pick successful people from the private sector
Who is he allowed to pick then?

Because it doesn't? Trump ran his campaign saying he would appoint successful people to his cabinet.

>Will this hurt or help our economy?

Better question is 'will this help the average american'. A good economy isn't enough if all the wealth is being siphoned to people like Rex and his friends. Take hong kong for example, great economy - huge wealth disparity. It's getting to a point where mainland china's middle class will surpass it.

>Who is he allowed to pick then?

Cornel West

Yeah it's pretty bad. On the other hand Hillary would've chosen similarly establishment people, without appointing Sessions, Bannon, Flynn, etc.

>Trump ran his campaign saying he would appoint successful people to his cabinet.

That's why I didn't voted for that faggot because I knew he would appoint people like this.

What I'm enjoying here is the result of leftist rule, a ruined economy, violence and degeneracy.

How many of trump's picks are holocaust-americans?

>Better question is 'will this help the average american'. A good economy isn't enough if all the wealth is being siphoned to people like Rex and his friends. Take hong kong for example, great economy - huge wealth disparity. It's getting to a point where mainland china's middle class will surpass it.

We will see wealth inequality not seen since the Pharaohs of Egypt.

I honestly don't understand this.

Even in this thread you see people going "It's just a job, it doesn't affect them" or "who cares, the best people are always businessmen".

These are the same people who cried foul at Obama having Monsanto reps in his cabinet. How do hate the growth of corporate suits in policy positions, but think it's fine when Trump does it?

We would say the same thing we said about obama, which actually appointed lobbysts to his cabinet.
Because hillary is owned by them. That's the difference.

And I voted for him because I knew it would make people like you salty. It worked, and it's fucking beautiful.

8 years. Also Pizzagate is real.

Wtf i hate trump now

Stop, stop. Listen. Let me tell you a story. I own several factories worldwide, and I regularly visit many of them. Once, while visiting my factory in Saudi Arabia, I watched as a woman was dragged from her home and tied to a post in the town square. She was already married, and was raped the day before. The entire city showed up and began throwing stones at her. I could see the pain in her eyes, she called out, in Arabic of course, begging her attackers to stop, begging her moon god to let her free. I was revolted by her show of weakness and cowardice. I picked up a stone and threw it as hard as I could at her pig face. I hit her just right and killed her. I actually regret throwing that stone, not because she died, but because I allowed her suffering to end. I tell you this because right now, I am even more disgusted with your stupid pitch. And for that reason, I'm out.

lol who the fuck still drives a car?

>, which actually appointed lobbysts to his cabinet.

Now Trump cuts out the middle man, since lobbyists lobby for corporations, and just appoints the CEOs!

>Wow look at this horrible decision Trump made
>Turns out to to be genius

Literally every time

This entirely. The only scenario where this doesn't end up being a colossal fuck up is where Trump is able to harness these kikes and sharks for American's benefit. The only thing making me bite my tongue is my trust that Trump hasn't let the West down yet.

Watch. Wait. Let's see what happens, and if they start Jewing, we hang them all from light posts.

>Also Pizzagate is real.

Lol fag

So would hillary, like obama.
Even more, with obama, the leaks have proven he didn't even pick his cabinet, they were all picked by his donors, the same would have happened with hillary.

At least trump is picking competent people for the job.

Luckily there is still time for the electors to do the right thing and vote Hilldawg on the 19th :)

So he's a Templar of morality and patriotism because he already has everything?
I hope you're the 1 in 2 Brazilians who have aids

>ANY rational debate AT ALL on a board dedicated to politics is CTR shilling.

You are absolutely fucking retarded. Kill yourself.

Oh fuck off, don't be so reductionist.

The Secretary of State needs to look after the USA's interests. Russia needs a firm hand to steady them, they've undermined the US at every turn. Having someone mending fences with Russia is one thing, but Tillerson has zero experience in a job with no learning curve.

>In 2011, Tillerson flew to the Black Sea resort of Sochi to sign a joint-venture agreement with Putin under which ExxonMobil would partner with Rosneft to produce oil from the Arctic, a project made easier by the retreat of Arctic sea ice, due to global warming. Economic sanctions imposed on Russia because of its annexation of Crimea and its military interference in Ukraine have slowed this collaboration. If Tillerson is confirmed, he would be in a position to benefit the corporation where he spent his career, by, for example, advocating for the easing of Russian sanctions.
>a guy that wants to remove Russian sanctions so we can pump more oil made available by the melting ice caps

this just may be the perfect candidate to cause liberal buttblast

Lel People on Sup Forums truly believe that Hillary Clinton and her inner circle take part in cannibalistic child sacrifice ceremonies in the basements of pizza parlors but see no problem with Big Don appointing an oil CEO who's cozy with Putin as Secretary of State.

>Even in this thread you see people going "It's just a job, it doesn't affect them" or "who cares, the best people are always businessmen".

Because it's THEIR candidate doing it. These people are Republicans, no matter what they call themselves. They support the GOP and all of their shitty policies. Prove me fucking wrong.

>Who is he allowed to pick then?

proud communists of course

The only people crying about monsanto were dumb hippies and soccer moms that don't understand the benefits of GMO's.

An oil exec?

Seriously?

THIS is "draining the swamp?"

How the fuck do they even make this picks anyway? Is there like an ebay site the super-rich can bid on?

>At least trump is picking competent people for the job.

So you like more wars in the middle east for oil faggot? Exxon is the primary reason we are in the middle east to begin with retard.

>he thinks that's rational debate

hang around a while, you might notice certain things get repeated and they never respond to criticism

The CEO's won't be working for the company anymore.
see
With hillary the same would've happened, except the corporations would pick the cabinet for her, so it would be even worse.
Even with a lesser of two evils mindset trump is still better because his money gives him power over them, unlike with hillary, which was being influenced not only by corporations but also by foreign countries.

I didn't even vote for Trump, I just shitposted for him for the lulz.

Anyone who thought he'd build a wall, kick out people, or fuck over Israel is either acting like an ironic shitposter, or is a literal retard.

energy policy is foreign policy and being the ceo of exxon pretty much puts you on the same footing as putin hth

>How the fuck do they even make this picks anyway?

Don the con man gets his picks from his masters

T-REX TILL

Based.

We are going to ass fuck these niggers into the next dimension

bannon suggested this one and trump made it happen

CTR pls

>The CEO's won't be working for the company anymore.

>hmmmm clearly they won't be working to benefit the company they have stock in right guies?

>middle east for oil meme

we've been exporting oil since shale and tar sands has been a thing

>DEFEND THIS DRUMPF LOSERS!!!!!1111
>rational debate

Pick one.

Sup Forums shilling Trump just shows that the JIDF infiltration worked.
Fuck this orange kike-sympathising cunt.

>sea level is rising to dangerous levels due oil tycoons like rex
>lel at least liberals are going to be le mad!!1