How to deal with depression? Been taking for 2 years and still feel sad

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=our gut bacteria affects our mood&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
youtube.com/watch?v=yu7n0XzqtfA
youtube.com/watch?v=zxXfHxceMg4
time.com/4338947/magic-mushrooms-for-depression/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Stop taking Lexapro. Start taking Venaflaxine (Effexor). Have them ramp you up to 185mg and don't miss a dose

already did. Felt like I was having Parkinson taking effexor because the norepinephrine effect

Xanax.
Don't take it everyday though or you'll become dependent.
Just take it when you have a really really bad day.

Exermasize

stop taking drugs to fix your problems. stop being a fucking loser, realize that life isnt always roses and go find something to do u fucking neet.

Read this instead

exercise, eating well, and weed.

i did 2 20mg tabs twice a day for 3 years and. Never did anything for me. Then I decided to not give a damn about anybody (not even myself). I just focus on the task at hand and my end-goal. I cured myself after I stopped the pills.
Meditation might help but I never tried it. Developing strong will-power is the key.

I can't stop taking I have such a strong anxiety that I don't function without it. I'm like this since I was in elementary school having anxiety attacks almost daily. I actually do charitable work and that is good for me though.

don't listen to these junkies. the truth is that you honestly should just stop being a little pussy and man up. Life is about ups and downs, it happens to everyone but instead of being like every other man and moving on you let it bring you down. Your a bitch and you should kill yourself if you feel that sad faggot.

/fit/

Pic related, one of your countrymen.

Depression is the purest form of happiness.
Don't cloud it with drugs.

>he thinks reading a book will do shit for serious depression

Too many people confuse "depression" with being down for a couple of days/weeks.

Let me give you a good suck.

Meds aren't meant to cure depression, only to relieve symptoms.

So the thing that is making you depressed still needs delt with. If it is something serious like a death in the family then take time to meditate and to think about the things that make you depressed. Thinking about things in a different way is the only way to get rid of it.

Find a new hobby like exercising or reading or both. Alternatively you can just hang yourself.

I agree with this guy. I got into a funky period starting last march. Started having panic attacks very frequently. Got to at least one a day. Started taking celexa in may. Just decided to stop taking it three weeks ago and have felt since. My gf didn't want me to stop but i always told myself I didn't want to take it forever.

You're sad because your life, and the world, are shit.

No pills will fix either of those.

if you're white, make sure you get enough vitamin D, take supplements if necessary

I see you have fallen for the psychiatric jew.
Try to taper off that shit ASAP.
Read 'Brave New World'.

shit post here and jerk off

This
Do they diagnose depression with a simple quiz in other countries?
Basically everyone would have points for mild depression if they're having a bad day
And after taking that quiz and talking to a doctor they prescribe some SSRI-shit

Depression is a social construct created by the Jews. The sooner you realize this like I did, the sooner your life will turn around.

change your fucking diet. Your gutteral bacteria affects your mood you goober. Stop eating out of the trash can too.

I've been doing this for a while, but I've noticed it only makes me more depressed.

Being around people seems to help, but it's hard when you live alone and have no gf or wife.

>gutteral bacteria affects your mood
Sounds like some broscience shit

are you saying Jews would use ray guns on our brains to create a social construct of depression?

buy your tinfoil hats here

You are taking the wrong medicine op

It took me about a month to get off of celexa; which is pretty much the same thing as lexapro..
I was taking 20 mg per day and cut down to 10. feel better now that im off it.. but I have some xanax on hand just in case

Don't use SSRI medicines, they block dopamine and serotonine reseptors in your brain that are essential to feel happiness. Using them makes you feel nothing. Take MDMA twice a year. And stop being a faggot (lifting helps too because working out releases dopamine in your brain)

google.com/search?q=our gut bacteria affects our mood&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

you lazy fuck

I've read countless articles on this. Seriously. There is no other person in Sup Forumsand who read more anti-psychiatry literature and watched documentaries than me. I don't know what happened when I was a kid I was healthy but I started to have anxiety since 8 years and it got worse by the time I was 15.

Irrational fear, etc. Not every day though.

escitalopram takes a bit of my energy away but without it I wouldn't be able to read, work, do intellectual and manual work, cook, etc. And I a good cooking by the way I work cooking in a restaurant friday, sat and sunday and even though it's only three days there is a huge pressure.

Will look for it later today. Thanks

Start taking heroin.

It's a mental illness you dumb nigger. It can't be cured by 'manning up' it requires a combination of therapy and medication, and diligence on the part of the sufferer to try their best. Easier said.

>but it's hard when you live alone and have no gf or wife.
Same here. But when I think about having a family I just get more anxious and more depressing thinking about how to raise children and be a good father and husband.

I was prescribed an Ssri and trying to get off it you get a Brain Buzz - you can hear your eyelids blink and many other things. It's terrible. You also get flu like symptoms for weeks to months.

I never really believed the (((white pill Jew))) meme, but I do now. I just think they are slaves to Wall Street though

Meanwhile everyone is dying on pain killers. What can you do?

Don't take medicine. Go outside. Find purpose. Read the Bible. Join a club.

Drugs are the worst thing you could do. Depression is born from lack of sense of achievement and satisfaction. Chase your (realistic) dreams. Set yourself free a bit.

If you have a serious mental problem, you need therapy much more than the drugs. Insight and actually wanting to get better are the most effective weapons against mental illness.

t. schizophrenic

Magic mushrooms or ayahuasca.
Never fall for the pharmajew.

The only way to cure depression is sex.

You can literally PHYSICALLY rewire your brain by repeatedly thinking the same thing. Practice thinking more positively. In short. Get over it you bitch

SSRIs are literally the pharmaceutical jew.

These pills change your brain structure and turn you into a numb zombie, as well as cause things such as erectile dysfunction.

Meditate, work out, take vitamins, better yourself. Dont go on these pills, they will make you go crazy sooner or later.

Oh I see, impressive digits.

hang out with happier people

If you think you have depression and are in this thread, please consult an actual doctor. The misinformation coming from these retards is fucking stupid.

If the depression is mild then yeah its best to just try to get through it without drugs but if its so severe that it leads to panic attacks or psychotic episodes then drugs like xanax or other similar drugs can really help.

Pretty sure it has more to do with a lack of or imbalance seritonin/dopamin. Welcome to Psych101

I never found a therapist who actually was more intelligent than a wikipedia article.

>falling for the tribal jew

I'd rather not. Earlier this year saw videos from brazilians drinking that shit it's basically cult jew in tea form

Drugs are useless. PHILOSOPHY is the answer.

Sunshine, exercise, and diet.

Everyday physically exert yourself until you're exhausted. On days off rest in the sunshine in silence.

Don't drink, smoke, or take any drugs.

Eat salads, steaks, and drink water.

Accept it. Somedays you will be sad and others you wont be as sad. The more you try to reason with your own depression the worse you will end up feeling.

this is gonna sound like bullshit but i was an autistic depressed loser until the guy at my work got me into steroids. shits amazing i honestly dont know why its not prescribed for "depressed" people

>And people womder why suicide is on the rise
Modern society is fundamentally too complex for us. We're simple fucking animals, this shit stresses us out.
Fuck like you denying reality and telling peopel to get over it do not help.

Go see your doctor instead of taking advice from the many experts here.

ITT: Normies giving advice on how to cope with depression.

Holy Christ this site is clueless sometimes

The problem with medication is that after a while, if you stop the medication, you know longer know what is a symptom of not being medicated and what is a natural process and what might be your own imagination blowing something up. The carpet has been pulled out from under you, you have no solid references, you're fucked. It's only my opinion, but I'd really try and avoid get painted into that particular corner.

Mostly though, I just hate the captchas.

Pills can help you to achieve a stable mindset but you really need to use that as a springboard to find purpose and drive, then drop them. Living a life full of short-term goals is a good way to move forward and keep things in perspective. It's not about perfecting yourself or even figuring your shit out all the way, it's just about actualizing yourself as a dynamic, doing, capable person. Therapy is important, and drugs can help, but ultimately they become crutches. 90% of the work is maintaining your post-depressive motivation once you push through the initial state of mind.

t. Citalopram/Buspirone for 3 years, clean for 5

Stay strong polandball

LMAO Get over it you wimp

antidepressants will help, wellbutrin &sertraline.
But in the end the real cure is only suicide.

This, it's sad seeing so many normies trying to pretend they understand depression after reading about it in their marxist schoolbooks.

Kill Yourself.

>If you wish, of course.

youtube.com/watch?v=yu7n0XzqtfA

The side effects aren't a meme, unfortunately. Just like when you feed your body exogenous GABA (anxiolytics) or cannabinoids (weed), taking T will down-regulate testosterone receptors and decrease your ability to synthesize testosterone naturally. It only becomes apparent after months of steady use, but then good luck getting off of it.

Also, it realllllly fucks with your heart. Try tapering off the dose over a few weeks AT LEAST.

Why haven't you killed yourselves yet?

So edgy.

More emphasis on the "diligence on the part of the sufferer" and you have a recipe for "manning the fuck up".

Also, pills zap you out of reality and into a state of complicity. To do what? Forget that you need to move past the issue currently at hand?

Shut the fuck up about medication. The man is obviously missing something. Therapy may help to find the root cause of the issue, but good old talking to people and socializing and possibly even getting laid.

Confidence boosters. Fuck the unnatural chemical.

Stop with the brainwashing drugs, the key to happiness is inside yourself embark on a path to self empowerment. Be like this guy he's from Poland like you and his name is Wojtek Lisicki

Wanna beat depression instead of just masking the symptoms with narcotics?

Start:
>Working out at least 30 minutes a day building up to 45 minutes - 1 hour a day. (I mean REAL working out, not just being mobile. Lift weights and try to push your max weight.)
This helps with depression for two reasons. 1, when you do something hard and achieve it it gives you a sense of short term satisfaction and accomplishment. Long term you see the results.

>Start eating 0.5 - 1 gram of protein per body weight and start taking vitamin D and Zinc supplements. You're already throwing money away on drugs, you may as well make them work for your body.

Vitamin D and Zinc help your ability to produce testosterone and therefore will help elevate your mood
The more protein you take in the less you'll crave sugary foods like soda pop. Which affects your mood negatively anyway.

>Stop drinking carbonated cafein drinks like rockstar, monster, soda, etc.

Drink 1-2 cups of black coffee, one in the morning one in the afternoon. Coffee in small doses has benefits to your body and can help with erectile dysfunction and help blood circulation

>Come to peace with yourself and develop a stronger mind
Read books, whatever you can get your hands on on the topics of philosophy and non-fictions like history, politics, science etc. Find what works for you and develop a personality. Steer clear of contemporary nihilism though, don't bother with anything that leans even close to nihilism written after 1920, Focus on things like old models of virtue and morality from an individual point not anything broader than the individual.
Pick an older warrior philosophy to compliment the scholarly philosophy you find matches you

Come to peace with yourself and understand that you will die one day and nothing that has happened today matters beyond yourself. No one else gives a shit
There are going to be people who hate you for no better reason than you remind them of what they wish they believed

youtube.com/watch?v=zxXfHxceMg4

This cures my depression everytime.

Smoke some weed and slowly go off the pills 1/2 a pill at a time for a week.

stop promoting suicide you freaks

I do eat lots of bread though. Thanks for the advice I'll think about it

All good advice. Protein should be grams per KILO body weight - trying to eat 150+ grams of protein per day is a waste as your body doesn't have the capacity to absorb that much that fast.

Why do you talk with such confidence?
How is it not possible for someone to have a issues with their neuro chemistry and that a drug can be designed to help treat it?
Again why do you speak with such confidence when you obviously have no actual scientific knowledge of the subject.

>I'd rather not. Earlier this year saw videos from brazilians drinking that shit it's basically cult jew in tea form

Suit yourself, Jacub. If one video is all it takes for you to completely dismiss a proven alternative and instead use literal pharmajew crap which does more harm than good, then go ahead. You'll be replaced and forgotten like the rest of us, either way.

>It's a mental illness you dumb nigger. It can't be cured by 'manning up' it requires a combination of therapy and medication, and diligence on the part of the sufferer to try their best. Easier said.
>It's a mental illness you dumb nigger.
>mental illness
lol you don't even know what the fuck your talking about, mental illness is a legal term. depression is a disorder and your kike doctor is makin a fat buck off prescribing (((SSRsI))) to a dipshit pussy who doesn't need them

kys

i took lexapro for 9 months and it wrecked my memory and now after 2 years off of it im still not back to 100%.

go to the gym and work yourself to death 5 days a week. do deadlifts and squats and bench and dumb bell stuff. it might suck at first but youll get use to it and feel really good both because of doing it and seeing your own progress.

And the most important two steps here.

Most people develop depression due to a repetitive cycle of self-destructive thoughts. The problem here is that you're not living a truthful or authentic life. You're being what you believe you must be, but that's horseshit. Developing yourself in a way that you don't want for the sake of keeping people or society happy is no way to live if you're making yourself miserable in the process.

What's the point of being alive if you just want to be liked by everybody and never break some of the rules?
Be authentic to yourself, there is no failure in that, you literally cannot fail at being WHO you are, the only times you can fail is when you try to be like someone else, or something else and you don't measure up to the perception you've built up about that thing, it traps you into defeatism and a pessimistic outlook.

Accept that you are who you are, The things that are supposed to be part of you will come in without resistance or effort,
If you have to force yourself to like something, or force yourself into doing something then it doesn't naturally belong to you and your mind rejects it.
Constantly surrounding yourself with things that you believe you need or need to fulfill that go against your nature inevitably result in depression.

But seriously. A reading list for you.

>Jung
Psychology of the Unconscious
Symbols of Transformation
Psychology and Alchemy
>Hume
A Treaties of Human Nature
Four Dissertations
>Plato
Republic

And expand from there.

what is that

It was not a joke you retarded fuck.
If you have depression you kill yourself because it never stops and is not curable.
If something like getting a job or a girlfriend stops your depression, then it was no real depression from begin with.

It's not hard to get 1g / pound of body weight. I eat two chicken breast and 2 eggs in the morning plus a two scoops of whey in non-fat milk then for lunch I have either two chicken sandwiches on 100% whole wheat or some kind of omlette with four eggs. For dinner I have a 12 oz steak.
If you work out like I work out, 2 hours a day of intense strength training, but then all of my routines target one muscle out of a group of muscles, so 20 minutes inner bicep 20 minutes outer bicep 20 minutes upper shoulder 20 minutes lower shoulder.... etc (for example)

It's a myth that we can't use protein that quickly there are a lot of sources which debunk that

Psychedelic Mushrooms

I live what most would consider the most depressing existence and yet I always feel content with life.

Now they're just coming out with studies about something a lot of people knew to be true for years.
time.com/4338947/magic-mushrooms-for-depression/

Stop denouncing stoicism, you brute.

faggotshit that homosexuals take before they fuck each other in the ass.

This. Find a hobby, do something that makes life better.

There's no such thing as "real depression" it's a contrivance of the mind, the cycles of self-defeatism which brought a person to that stage can be undone. If the pathways of the brain or the way the brain responds to things were set in stone we'd never progress from infants.
Depression is the result of continued patterns of internalized perception which can be reversed by adaptation.

Magic mushrooms OP. Take a larger dose. In testings, 80% of the depressed subjects reported that the depression went away, even 6 months after the strong mushroom trip. Its harmless if you do it super rarely.

this, although it may make you feel insane on the way to getting better due to undoing beliefs that form your current identity

Fuck those shitty pharms. Use tianeptine and phenibut, because they work immedietely and don't turn you into a zombie. Use positive self-talk. Retrain negative thoughts into positive ones by writing down a more positive version of what you just thought then a more positive version of what you just wrote down. Repeatedly retrain your mind to think more positively and take drugs and work on rewarding interpersonal relationships.

Maybe a better attitude can help, but the feeling will always return.
The other problem is the brain metabolism is unbalanced, without medication the brain will not do what it should do.
Besides that, if nothing makes you happy why would you want to live anyway?

Seriously, OP, if you are depressed and taking shitty pharms that aren't helping as much as you'd like, try some tianeptine and phenibut, retrain your brain to think more positively, and socialize. Fuck off with your defeatist learned helplessness depression propaganda. That's a bunch of bullshit and you should know it. Scientists don't conclusively know what causes depression or definitively how depression medication works, so to parrot their speculative public relations talking points is just retarded.

Where do you get shroom ? Or you just plant it by yourself

Honestly these 2 should be your baseline. Start eating healthy too. Cut sugar, alcohol or anything that's a habit, be it cigarettes, weed or booze.

here in my car, i feel safest of all

Stop jerking it.
Lift.
Get more sunlight.
Go out more.

kratom and sorry Australian nanny state doesn't allow it