China's richest man Wang Jianlin warns Donald Trump curbs could cost thousands of jobs

is this beginning of China-U.S. economy war?

>Chinese billionaire Wang Jianlin warns Donald Trump about losing US jobs

BEIJING: The billionaire owner of China's property-to-entertainment conglomerate Wanda Group has warned Donald Trump that over 20,000 US jobs would be put at risk if the US president-elect mishandles Chinese investment in the country.

"I have over $10 billion investment in the United States and employ over 20,000 people," Wanda's CEO Wang Jianlin said in a forum over the weekend, according to a transcript posted Saturday to the company's official site.

"If things are mishandled, they will have nothing to eat," he added.

Wang said he had asked Chris Dodd, chairman of the Motion Picture Association of America, to deliver his message to Trump.

He was responding to a question about US lawmakers' increasing scrutiny of Chinese acquisitions of American entertainment assets.

"At least in the movie and TV industry, you have to realise that English-language films rely on their Chinese box office for growth," Wang added.

economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/business/chinese-billionaire-wang-jianlin-warns-donald-trump-about-losing-us-jobs/articleshow/55956789.cms

Wang Jianlin
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wang_Jianlin

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/chloesorvino/2016/12/06/trump-claims-japans-richest-tech-billionaire-will-invest-50-billion-in-u-s-business/#1f63009d75f5
business.newsfactor.com/story.xhtml?story_id=0310038FKCVM
dailyherald.com/article/20161211/business/161219956/
chinaworker.info/2016/12/05/13709/
qz.com/851218/wang-qishan-chinas-second-most-powerful-man-warns-of-dissent-and-systematic-corruption-inside-the-communist-party/
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/02/china-orders-officials-stop-believing-ghosts-ghouls-stick-marx/
scmp.com/news/china/article/2045455/call-me-comrade-party-requires-members-resurrect-maoist-term-signal
chinatopix.com/articles/104766/20161028/xi-jinping-now-officially-communist-god.htm
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10538324/We-should-not-worship-Mao-as-a-god-says-Chinas-president.html
scmp.com/news/china/article/1390533/mao-zedong-was-no-god-says-xi-jinping-delicate-balancing-act
ibtimes.com/china-engage-six-inevitable-wars-involving-us-japan-india-more-according-pro-government-chinese
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>"If things are mishandled, they will have nothing to eat," he added.

That's a propaganda victory right there if I ever saw one.

Though it' nothing new, The idea of a billionaire flatly saying these people will starve if you don't support us can't be seen anything but antagonistic in nature. I wonder how the media will take this.

Ancap hero

Didn't some Japanese investor promise 50,000 jobs?

Japan 1
China 0

Thank god for softbank

I'm sorry... I can't anyone named Wang seriously

I could hardly take that wang, seriously

Great post.

Fuck this guy.

>20,000 cucks for wang
can't make this up

forbes.com/sites/chloesorvino/2016/12/06/trump-claims-japans-richest-tech-billionaire-will-invest-50-billion-in-u-s-business/#1f63009d75f5

trump claimed it might dig to see if its true

War... we're already at war

>beginning

Beginning of the end for China, planned economies can only go so far.

business.newsfactor.com/story.xhtml?story_id=0310038FKCVM

yeah its true

It's bad enough the kikes control entertainment. We don't need those commie fucks having a part in it too.

Fuck China

Is he saying Hollywood wil go down the drain?
WTF I love China now!

He invested in USA because he knows China is shit and its economy will tank eventually.

These chinese wanna have their cake and eat it to. It was the democrats who put acquisitions in the USA by Chinese business men under heavy scrutiny because they thought it was some underhanded power grab by China.

Its not, its just asian jews bailing on their commie shit hole. Trump wont do anything of the sort.

I thought chinese were communist? Why does china have a richest man???

We should seize his assets here and tell him he cant come back

Woah. Taiwan situation pissed off Chinese businessmen with investments in USA?

Yeah Trump is fucked.

Yeah fuck China. Why do liberals love China? It's like everything they hate.

Patriarchal
Cruel to animals
Tons of pollution
Colonialist
Slave wages/conditions

So, the US is such a bitch-boy to China that China can actually threaten to wreck the US economy (slightly hyperbolically put) if they don't play ball?

The Chinese have been in bed with the kikes controlling Hollywood for years now sorry to break it to you pal

Not smart

Chinese firms have been on a high-profile overseas acquisition spree in recent years, snapping up leading film studios and television production companies.

Some US lawmakers have said that the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States, a government group tasked with assessing the national security implications of foreign investments, should examine the deals, including Wanda's.

Wanda bought US movie theatre chain AMC for $2.6 billion in 2012, which in turn acquired the London-based Odeon & UCI cinema group this year in a deal worth around $1.2 billion.

In January, Wanda spent $3.5 billion to purchase Legendary Entertainment, the company behind the "Batman" trilogy and "Jurassic World", as well as the upcoming "The Great Wall", starring Matt Damon and directed by Chinese filmmaker Zhang Yimou.

In November, it acquired the maker of the Golden Globes awards show, Dick Clark Productions, for "approximately $1 billion".

Wang said the attention from the US Congress reflected the Chinese company's growing influence in the country.

"We still have to wait to see Mr. Trump's attitude towards Chinese cultural enterprises after he assumes office," he said.

How what is he gonna do? Go tell his daddy government?

>racially homogeneous

Yes but i already knew this. Everyone on pol is pretty stupid looking for a fight

Informative summary, thank you Japan

Whos going to invest into USA when you freeze his money because youre butthurt?

LOL

nearly a trillion dollars goes china's way each and every year

they're fucking sweating

WE HOLD ALL THE CARDS

>"At least in the movie and TV industry, you have to realise that English-language films rely on their Chinese box office for growth," Wang added.
Hold a moment, so we're being promised that Trump's presidential term will result in the destruction of Hollywood?

Wtf, I love China now.

Fake news-site if I ever saw one

This guy wants to create a Chinese Hollywood.

Hollywood! For God's sake, there are so many better American institutions/industries for the chinks to copy, but this guy wants fucking Jewllywood.

He completely lacks judgment.

If he thinks this will stop Trump from making America great again he's just plain Wang.

>The idea of a billionaire flatly saying these people will starve if you don't support us can't be seen anything but antagonistic in nature

Wasn't that essentially Donald trump's campaign?

jesus christ no wonder so many new movies have shitty chinese pandering in them

It's a toothpaste attempts humour episode

Get fucked China

>indiatimes
Learn to poo in the loo before writing. Priorities.

>thinking Trump cares about fucking Hollywood
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH make libshits go bankrupt.

>Chinese people today have strong demand for culture, but we need effective supply, and China needs innovative cultural products.

t.Wang Jianlin

>strong demand for culture, but we need effective supply

his quotes are very funny and deep

Checked

Korean-movies are way more superior :^)

Well i thank him for giving democrats ammo.

Headline: Trump loses 20,000 jobs because he doesnt follow USA Guidelines to decades long diplomacy.

Fuck Wang Jianlin and fuck Chinese people.

>"If things are mishandled, they will have nothing to eat," he added.

Trump should blast this at a live rally.

"Do you see this folks? The chinese are telling us to bend the knee, or else they'll take bread off your table."

>crowd boos

"They think we are dependent upon them to eat. Can you believe this folks?"

>more booing
>a man can be heard screaming pepe in the background.

"This disrespect ends today folks, believe me."

>audience erupts into cheers

Seriously, for a billionaire, this chinese guy doesn't seem to have much sense.

>The lobbyist fighting for control of your local movie theater
dailyherald.com/article/20161211/business/161219956/

"There is no political point of view," Wang Jianlin, the head of Dalian Wanda who is also China's richest man, told a crowd in Los Angeles in October. "I am a businessman." Others in the film industry, like Hollywood producer Janet Yang,

nearly a trillion burger patties go amerilards way every single year

CAPTCHA: select all images with pizza

The blowback on Trump losing 20,000 jobs will be glorious. Mr. deal maker is already running USA into bankruptcy

>Investing in Chicago property is just Wanda's first move into the U.S. real estate market.

t.Wang Jianlin

I say fuck china, who cares if they want to threaten to take away slave labor?? If Trump wants to bring manufacturing back to the US, then this was a given anyways.

What I wonder, is China's buying of shit tons of gold going to be a problem in this?? Trump also wants to return to the gold standard potentially right?

>The basic principle is I command, and my employees carry it out immediately.

Wang Jianlin

>already running USA into bankruptcy
Care to elaborate, kike?

If America Squeezes NZ and Australia by the Balls it will be China starving. That's a fact.

>US
>Returning to gold standard
Nice meme. I don't think the entire galaxy has enough gold ore to pay off our debt

I think he missed the part where America is already bankrupt due to owing money.

What's more interesting is that China has started buying up a shit ton of debt bonds too.

Trump is a bad businessman. Now he does bad business for USA. Get it now?

"I was born in a family with a strong military background, so I chose to be a soldier." - Wang Jianlin

>with a strong military background

this one is interesting too

Well if you can't pay it back than there is no debt, amiright? :^)

my point is that if he does it could give china power, as they have been buying up a crazy amount of it lately.

dang, those qipaos are not good for my dick.

And this is exactly why the US-China relationship is toxic

basically
>we need culture to progress
>but we're going to have to leech off other people's culture since we can't create our own

am I getting this right? I mean they could, you know, invest or create their own cultural industry with the money they have .....

>Uppity Chink
Bah, just polonium his ass and be done with it.

>English-language films rely on their Chinese box office for growth
Wrong. (((Hollywood))) relies on Chink shekels. Destroying (((them))) is the plan, and part of that plan is destroying (((Hollywood))).

Sabotaging (((their))) means of collecting box office shekels from Chinks will precipitate the destruction of one of the most devious institutions of the country that has been degenerating American values since (((it))) was saved from McCarthyism, along with the implementation of HUAC 2.0.

And from (((Hollywood's))) ashes, a new media institution will take (((its))) place and strengthen American values.

As if China can flourish without the US buying all it's crap. We've helped them boom economically.

Besides, I don't give a fuck about debt based currency and whether or not Americans can afford all their iPhones and shopping sprees. We need to be able to survive independently without sucking tiny Chinese dicks.

Good post.
See if this gets past the (filters).

There are enough precious metals in our solar system alone to buy the entire Earth multiple times over, if you could hypothetically sell them all at current market rates.

t. living in a studio apartment with no businesses

Cause they make iPhones.

>essentially Donald trump's campaign?

I like to think his was more of a "if you vote for her, she'll give half your food to NAFTA."

Kek says you're correct. Well Fuck the libshit's iPhones and foxconn's suicide nets. Let it all collapse. A phoenix will rise from the ashes of this shit show.

>mfw the gooks out jew the jews

"In setting goals and executing a strategy, Wanda is sophisticated. We have good systems ... a yellow light goes off." - Wang Jianlin

>Wanda is sophisticated
>Wang Jianlin warns Donald Trump curbs could cost thousands of jobs

>"Communist" Regime
> richest man

Wut?

>rich guy loses business oportunity and profits cause he's salty as fuck
yeah, not going to happen, america can get away with anything cause they're on the top

He will be hit the hardest, Wanda steals Disney IP like no other. If there's an increase in Chinese nationalist fervor, you can bet his profits will dive. It's a lose-lose for Wang Jianlin, and that's good because he's a fucking asshole.

>chinese billionarie

Wasn't China a communist hellhole? Where capitalism was weaponized to feed the goverment revenue but not personal ones?

Why don't chink revolt against their capitalistic overlord in home rather than american ones?

Communist in name only
They could rename their party the progressive part and become the progressive regime

>>chinese billionarie

this chink looks like old sugita

>Be Chinese Progressive Party
>Poor people everywhere
>Jailed thousands of reporter
>Labor camp
>Harvest people's organs
>Pull multiple Hillary( Make people disappear)

>Progressive

kek

>Chinese """""billionaires"""""

China used to be a shit nigger peasant feudal society before Communist party of china came in power. The average life expectancy of a Chinese man before Mao Tse-Tung was 36 years old. It was literally a society of peasants farming without any modern technology
Also the concept that we know as modern day China did not exist before Mao. There was not a serious government that united all of China and they did not all speak the same language. With a population of ~600 million this was incredibly chaotic

I heard this bullshit that he already planned to invest the money, except the source said the $25 billion was in London.

The bullshit claim

www.cnbc.com/2016/12/07/softbank-was-going-big-in-us-long-before-trump.html

The article saying he invested in London, not the US.

www.cnbc.com/2016/10/13/softbank-saudi-arabia-plan-100-billion-tech-vision-fund-based-in-london.html

Fuck that got me good.

1980s China

It's certainly a country most people could stand to know more about, myself included.

Agreed
Most people on Sup Forums talk shit on China while not knowing what the fuck China even does.

2050s China's dream

Wasn't that your dream? You invaded a country with its only defense being farmers with rifles and you ended up losing it.

Look up ADVChina or Serpentza on YouTube.

They're two white dudes who live in China and make interesting vlogs about life there.

Had no interest in China until one of their videos popped up on my suggested videos, really interesting stuff.

Wang Qishan,the second most powerful man of China,says "Xi Jinping is God"

China: Xi Jinping becomes “core leader”
chinaworker.info/2016/12/05/13709/
The concept of “core leader” originated with Deng Xiaoping, who used it in the early 1990s to describe Jiang Zemin as a way to bolster Jiang’s authority at a time of great uncertainty and instability within the regime following the 1989 Beijing massacre. With Xi acquiring this mantle, a People’s Daily editorial declared, “The party centre and the whole party must have a core.” There is a “dire need for strong leadership” said a headline in the ultra-nationalist Global Times, another CCP organ, quoting an ‘expert’ from the Research Centre for Government Integrity Building.

>China's second most powerful man warns of dissent and corruption in the Communist Party
qz.com/851218/wang-qishan-chinas-second-most-powerful-man-warns-of-dissent-and-systematic-corruption-inside-the-communist-party/

China orders officials to stop believing in ghosts and ghouls… and stick to Marx and Lenin
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/02/china-orders-officials-stop-believing-ghosts-ghouls-stick-marx/

>Call me comrade ... party requires members to resurrect Maoist term to signal equality
Outdated greeting seen by analysts as a distraction and unworkable in today’s world

scmp.com/news/china/article/2045455/call-me-comrade-party-requires-members-resurrect-maoist-term-signal

>Xi Jinping is Now Officially a Communist 'God'
chinatopix.com/articles/104766/20161028/xi-jinping-now-officially-communist-god.htm

>We should not worship Mao as a god, says China's president
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10538324/We-should-not-worship-Mao-as-a-god-says-Chinas-president.html

>Mao Zedong was no god, says Xi Jinping
scmp.com/news/china/article/1390533/mao-zedong-was-no-god-says-xi-jinping-delicate-balancing-act

I think a certain fat man and little boy were the losing part, China was absolutely fucked all the way from 1937-1945

This is a very interesting perspective.

>implying Trump's policies won't create 200,000 jobs
Gotta break some eggs to make an omlet.

>I have over $10 billion investment in the United States and employ over 20,000 people
>employ over 20,000 people
>hurz durz im gun crash da economi
what a fucking joke

>Fucked all the way 1937-1945
>Japan ran out of oil 1940
China stopped Japanese expansion by 1940

>China To Engage In 'Six Inevitable Wars' Involving U.S., Japan, India And More, According To Pro-Government Chinese Newspaper
ibtimes.com/china-engage-six-inevitable-wars-involving-us-japan-india-more-according-pro-government-chinese

v.s. Philippines
v.s. Mongol
v.s. Vietnam
v.s. ASEAN
v.s. India
v.s. Japan
v.s. Russia
v.s. U.S. (the final)