Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world. Atheism is in decline worldwide...

Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world. Atheism is in decline worldwide, with the number of atheists falling from 4.5% of the world's population in 1970 to 2.0% in 2010 and projected to drop to 1.8% by 2020,

Real surveys and statistics say atheism is on the decline worldwide. Sorry atheists but atheism is not on the rise nor is it winning. It's still the minority and a declining one at that.

The Pew Research Center's statistics show that atheism is expected to continue to decline all the way into 2050 with a continued growth of religion. Other research also shows a huge surge in growth for Christianity in China which is currently the world's most "atheist" nation because of the atheist communist government suppressing religion, the research suggests that China will soon become the world's most Christian nation within 15 years.

This is simply history repeating itself: Christianity prospered in Rome back in the ancient era when it was suppressed and it still grew in the militant atheist soviet Russia when it was suppressed there only a century ago with the majority of Russians today now also identifying as Christian. Just goes to show that atheist suppression of religion still doesn't stop religion.

Sources for the legion of whiny /Redditor/ fedoras that will no doubt show up it this thread:

pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/
pewforum.org/2012/12/18/global-religious-landscape-unaffiliated/
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10776023/China-on-course-to-become-worlds-most-Christian-nation-within-15-years.html
masterrussian.com/russia/facts.htm

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/04/trumps-bible-fail/478425/
pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

good

>Having your entire world view built areound the denial of another worldview

Atheism has always been, and still is, fundamentally retarded.

this is not true we are unstopable

This reflects the global decline in standards in education.

>it's logical to believe the atheism fairy exploded nothing into everything and has that magically form sentient life, for no reason

>believing documented eye witness accounts of God, and miracles occurring to this day (Miracle of the Sun) is silly though.

Fedora logic.

Well of course it is, what did you expect? That people would take the red pill over the blue pill?
>don't worry, after you die you'll be reincarnated into another person
>your dead friends and family aren't gone, they are just waiting for you in this magical place called heaven
>see? 1 good thing happened to you, that means God is looking after you and you are not completely alone in this planet
People want to hear these things instead of the harsh truth.

>china
>christian

like less than 3%

>atheism
>religion
HAHAHAHAHA

You do know that people lie, don't you? That's a proven, undeniable hard-core fact. When somebody tells you something that sounds impossible - I dunno, something like a dead guy coming back to life or somesuch - by far the most likely reality behind this is that somebody, somewhere is lying or mistaken. If you believe this stuff, you deserve to be fleeced by whichever religion is asking for your support. As to the real cause of everything? Dunno mate. It ain't that garbage you suckers buy in to though, you can bet your ass.

Although it looks like it might be good news, it's actually not.

The only reason it's happening is because most the atheists are white.

The retardation is palpable. The reason atheism is shrinking as a total share of the world's population is because of the massive growth of population in the Third World. Atheism is still on the rise in the First World.

*drops a turd on this cancerous thread*

YES GOY BE A PASSIVE LITTLE CHRISTKEK TURN THE OTHER CHEEK

I used to identify as an atheist. I was never one of those fedora-tipping, Dawkins-worshipping anti-theists, but I could never bring myself to believe the Christian mythos. Even the idea of the trinity is illogical and makes no sense unless you 'just believe' which I always found fucking stupid.

In the past few years, however, watching the spread of Islam in the West and reading more about that religion has changed my mind about Christianity. I want the West to remain Christian because I think it may be a bulwark against the wickedness and fascism of Islam. I still can't say I believe any of the nonsense like the ark, the burning bush, or even that Jesus was anything more than a millenarian preacher and subversive to the Romans. But I absolutely identify with the Christian value system and I think it must remain a core part of our nation.

THE ALT RIGHT IS A GOOD CHRISTIAN GOY GROUP YES

Atheism is not a religion. There is no God, no house of worship, no tenants, no apostates, no clergy, and no holy men.

Atheism is shrinking as a percentage but not in numbers. Islam is exploding in population primarily because africa and shitty Islamic countries are exploding.

They will make you regret it.

>Atheism
>Religion

I know this is b8 but fuck OP don't make it that obvious.

nice try

Not anymore, you brought in sandniggers who fuck their cousins.

Who is "they", because I referred to like 3 different groups in my post

I feel you man, same here. I wish I could bring myself to convert to Catholicism, but I just believe all the historical inaccuracies and other crazy shit in the bible.

Meh, I support Trump and think religion serves a purpose, but I am not religious at all. Also I think most politicians are not religious but say so just for support, I doubt Trump is religious and I Highly doubt Hillary is religious.

Oddly enough it was in an Adventist High school where I figured I did not believe in this.

I think what you, myself, and many Sup Forumssters are going through is you are starting to view religion through another lens. You used to view it as your own personal religion, but now you view it as a part of your culture. Because you are probably jealous and mad that others are doing so. After all, what is a Jew? A religion, or a race? And a muslim? Literally all of North Africa, Arabia, and the Levant, along with parts of CHINA speak Arabic. We really got the short end of the stick, as Christians.

The West has been undoing the shackles of religion for hundreds of years. We had Galileo, we had the Enlightenment, and so have been able to move away from the dogma of religion.

This has put the West at a more socially advanced state than the rest of the world, bleeding into "we must accept others" because we assume they are going to be as great as us.

Then we literally get a bunch of fanaticists. The average muslim is a fanatacist compared to your average Christian.

GODS CHOSEN
P
E
O
P
L
E

who gives a shit, atheism isn't a religion it's just a label given to people who don't believe in fairy tales. There are plenty of other far more harmful shit people believe in than religion, I could care less what others believe as long as it's not harmful to me or our society.

I can see that, but don't you see this post-moral trend coming about as a direct result of the weakening of Christianity in the West? The hookup-culture, the breakdown of the family unit, and the constant push for more identity politics seems to me to have resulted from it

Atheism isn't 'declining', muzzies and hindu's are just having shittons of babies.

>Another worldview
>Being this dense
If you are a christian, you deny thousands of gods/worldviews, we are both atheists in a way, I just believe in one god less than you do.

You know that's because Africa's population is exploding and they are deeply religious, right?

Atheism isn't shrinking, religion is growing because of the African population boom.

That's because atheism is self-defeating. Atheist nations tend not to last for very long.

Atheism is not shrinking the population of Africa and the middle east is exploding
You see atheism as % of world pop falls because white people as % of world pop falls too
You just proved that religion is for stupid niggers

Yet alot of atheist believe the earth is spinning thousands of miles an hour and thats what makes gravity work. There is faith in alnost all the science we believe in.

>miracles are impossible ordinarily
Yeah that's why they're miracles son.

What are your problems?

>gravity works because of rotational movement
what? literally what? gravity is a symptom of mass

>Yet alot of atheist believe the earth is spinning thousands of miles an hour and thats what makes gravity work

I thought it had to do with space-time curvature.

I'm a stupid Atheist, though, so I don't know.

>neckbeards in decline
I like this bread

Any rational person taking an objective look at the Christian mythos will have a hard time believing the more ridiculous aspects, like the immaculate conception or the ark

>average IQ of the world pop declining by the day
>% of atheists also drops
What a surprise.

Surely it has nothing to do with Muslim niggers invading every civilized country and breeding like the rats they are :^)

>most atheist believe transgenderism is real and not a disease

This is because Islam is growing not Christianity --sorry

Religion is for simple minded people

>reverse image search the OP image
>leads to an article chastising Trump for not knowing the (((Orthodox Rabbinic))) meaning of his favorite bible verse
OY VEY

theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/04/trumps-bible-fail/478425/
don't click if you're not adblocking

Is a Christian Chinese golden age coming?

The only person more retarded than a christian cuckold is an atheist.

>The ark
I don't believe the ark is historical, senpai. A lot don't. Not everyone is a literalist prot.

>immaculate conception
Eh I see little problem with that if you consider that it's a miracle.

Yep. I imagine China's missionaries are going to be everywhere too. Perhaps even coming to Europe.

just coincidence goy

reminder that all of the great artists were Christian
reminder that true art is ultimately exclusive to Christianity

>every retarded and illogical thing in the Bible ill just says its a metaphor
Nice cherrypicking

Yeah, but believing in miracles is pretty irrational as well.

Fake quote

the ark is real you heretic

I think you may be getting a little confused there bub. Those two things - atheism and transgenderism - are not related. Not everything you don't agree with is atheism. Atheism is quite simply the lack of belief in a god or gods, nothing more. It's not even the belief that there is/are no god(s). Just the lack of belief.

>God wanting an echo chamber of little worship robots

But it's not. Only retarded Baptists and so on think everything is historical. Even the Jews didn't. It's not my fault if you're uneducated on the subject.

Not really. I used to think like you, but, eh.

>666
Satan pls

To do with race, that 2% atheist population would need to have collective IQ's in the thousands to skew the average that bad, having spoken to enough self identified atheists, I know that's not possible.
Africa is have children at an incredible rate and that's causin the decline.

i call b8

Don't bring facts in while he's smelling his own farts. You'll hurt his feelings.

The blue pill is "You will not be punished for your actions so long as no other human finds out! Sin to your heart's content because there's no such thing as sin!"

The red pill is "You WILL be punished for your actions. Judgement is coming for us all."

Obvious bait is obvious.

If being redpilled is blindly believing in fairy tales then call me blue pilled.

"When somebody tells you something that sounds impossible..."

Like nothing somehow exploding and forming the universe? Yes, that's both logically and scientifically impossible. However, the notion that there is a God is neither logically nor scientifically (because of logic) impossible.

>blindly
>fairy tales
SJW-tier buzzwords. Must I respect your pronouns too?

>call me bluepilled
Of course you are.

You fools, the red pill is taking personal responsibility for your actions, regardless of the outcome.

The redpill, the real truth, is living Justly no matter how you are treated as a result.

>>atheists don't believe in anything
>>vocal, vehement supporters of degeneracy

this

And lol at >bub
ok mr. internet

He's able but unwilling. Just as you can't have free speech without the right to do "hate speech", you can't have free will without the ability to make the wrong decision. If we were little robots that could not do wrong because God wouldn't let us then we wouldn't have free will. God, wanting us to willingly choose him, gave us free will and therefore the capacity to do evil.

ISHYGDDT

this data says muslims will increase and reach parity. I now hope for AI managing the human population. Humanity needs to be replaced.

Catholicism is a cult. You want to look into some kind of arminianism.

"Historical inaccuracies" what are you referring to? Most of the supposed inaccuracies and contradictions are misconceptions and lies perpetrated by fedora'd neck beards.

That's not what the Big Bang even is you would know that just by watching a short documentary explaining it. Most physicists and astronomers support the theory and there is more and more data from microwave radiation coming out each year making the theory stronger and stronger. I would trust the best scientists in the world over some kid fucker priests telling me there's a magical sky daddy and the world was made 6000 years ago

Religion: a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance.

Atheism absolutely meets the definition of religion.

>4.5% of the world's population in 1970 to 2.0% in 2010 and projected to drop to 1.8% by 2020
That sounds like BS tbqh. If you count the hundred of millions of Chinese who were maoists back in the days, and who still don't believe in God + all the Western atheists and other atheists in Asia, you get way more than 2-4%

thank god, I'm so done with millenianls who become atheist because " I read it on le internet xDD"

>pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/

PREDICTING a decline = not an actual decline

Praise Jesus, fedoras eternally BTFO

No, it really is. There have never been any verified "miracles" or anything of the sort. It is literally irrational to believe in them. If you do, that's fine, but like I said earlier, it's hard for a rational person to buy this stuff.

that definition is retarded

>implying science and Godnare mutually exclusive

Epicurus wasn't an atheist.

Yeah fuck all the atheists I'd much rather have the huge hordes of Muslims around the world populating every country

Less white babies and more retarded Muslim babies.

> islam is the only religion the world

wew lad

But they're logically possible and, if you believed in miracles, you would not be an atheist.

You're starting with a false premise and ruling them out a priori.

And that's not even what he said, kek.

it's all because of muslims so congrats

I think Atheism is a state of either conditioned non-belief or ignorance. Before I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior I was in the form of ignorance when it came to my worldview and of my belief in a higher power. It took a lot of research and time for me to come to the conclusion that God exists and that Jesus Christ is his Son and humanity's Lord and Savior. I highly suggest that if you are an atheist, don't be. There is a CLEAR spirituality within humanity and it can be unlocked and I hope through much research you come to the conclusion as I did that God exists, and his only begotten Son, Jesus Christ is King of this world.

I sound very preachy but I just want to describe my view and experience.

It's the fastest growing religion, it's also the reason atheist populations and IQ scores are going down because the African and middle eastern Muslim populations are booming.

No, they're not logically possible. They're completely illogical.

>ATHIESTS KEK SEETHING
>ATHIESTS ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS

>Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world.

Horse shit. I don't even need to read the rest. Atheism has been consistently growing for the last 40 years for fairly obvious reasons, like independent education and entertainment distraction.

>copypasta!

hurray!

What are the stats on the rise of kek worship?

see there may have been someone back when preaching good and doing good, but to give him supernatural powers when we thought storms were divine isssss something, sure there may be something bigger out there, i doubt we've condensed it into a book yet though.

See, this is the kind of shit that repulses me about Christianity. The constant, drawn-out, slavering praise and extended title usage of their messiah in every sentence. It's really just too much.

The Big Bang theory, as described by whatever source you want to note, is completely illogical.

You want to say that all of the matter in the universe was in one point? Fantastic. Now where the hell did it come from? Note: Any answer you provide of where it came from would be required to violate the first law of thermodynamics.

This supposed ball of matter has to exist within space, so where the hell did space come from?

This supposed ball of matter wouldn't have done anything if there was no time, so where did time come from?

My point is this: For the Big Bang to have happened, matter/space/time must have already existed. That is to say that the universe must have pre-dated the Big Bang for it to have happened in the first place, so it's a completely illogical explanation for the beginning of the universe.

- "Most physicists and astronomers..."

are as human as the rest of us and are influenced by the left. Real science, that is to say actual study of the universe that can be replicated in the laboratory as opposed to unprovable, purely hypothetical nonsense done entirely to support the atheistic worldview, has been dead for decades now. David Berlinski, someone who is not a theist in any way, said it best: (following comment)

David Berlinski, someone who is NOT a theist, said it best:

Has anyone provided a proof of God’s inexistence? Not even close.

Has quantum cosmology explained the emergence of the universe or why it is here? Not even close.

Have the sciences explained why our universe seems to be fine-tuned to allow for the existence of life? Not even close.
Are physicists and biologists willing to believe in anything so long as it is not religious thought? Close enough.

Has rationalism in moral thought provided us with an understanding of what is good, what is right, and what is moral? Not close enough.
Has secularism in the terrible twentieth century been a force for good? Not even close to being close.

Is there a narrow and oppressive orthodoxy of thought and opinion within the sciences? Close enough.
Does anything in the sciences or in their philosophy justify the claim that religious belief is irrational? Not even ballpark.

Is scientific atheism a frivolous exercise in intellectual contempt? Dead on.

>Atheism
>Religion

Pick one.

>SEEEEETHING
>HE POSTED SOURCES