Why do liberals drive electric cars?

Why do liberals drive electric cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AziOYoN3BkU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

40% less emissions and it would be may more efficient if it werent for washington dc being a corrupt swampy hellscape

>coal power plant
>has nuclear power plant steam silos

only water vapor comes out of coal power plants and carbon dioxide is harmless unless your a thumb sucking global warming meme believer.

coal power plants have them too idiot

i drive eleectric. i voted for trump. the gas savings is awesome thats it

This is how Trump is going to get the coal industry working again: electric cars.

>being so poor that gasoline cost is a worry
Nigga it's like 2 bucks a gallon. Git gud

typical American idiots

coal power plants produce emissions too fuckwit, you can't burn a coal with no emissions

co2 is also not 'harmless' , it's a relative scale, and it is also only pollutant released by burning fossil fuels

god i hate Americans so much

not the only*

>coal
20% of americans live on Nuclear Power, friendo. The future is nice. And we'll make it better, somehow.

>you can't burn a coal with no emissions

The bong is correct. Check his sisters chin for proof

Coal fired power plants are the largest source of radiation and mercury emissions in the US. They release several orders of magnitude more than any other source, including nuclear.

I drive an electric kei-car, piaggio porter, at work.
It's much quieter and there are subsidies.

Well, I definitely dont want to be a thumb sucking global warming meme believer. Better start burning some fossil fuels right away!

Literally virtue signalling

B-but my """conservative""" party say coal is clean to burn. So yeah emmissions but they harmless.

Those are cooling towers.
Most large thermal power plants have them, nuclear or not.

Pic related, the biggest lignite fired power plant in the world.

We even had them in our fine chemicals plant.

The main reactor was 9 stories high and continuously reacted methanol, formaldehyde, and ammonia with metallic sodium and a vanadium catalyst. It produced a shitton of heat, so we needed cooling towers.

When the power went out we had to have 7 local fire trucks come out and spray the reactor to keep it cool as the reaction shut down.

Cooling towers just mean work is getting done.

>muh fossils are a-burnin o noes and muh goodole peak oil belief

can't even into abiotic origin, can't into real numbers of how much untapped reserves on the planet there are.

1) they can actually afford it
2) they don't think about where the power comes from
3) there is the potential for the power to be made cleanly, but sadly they're scared of nuclear energy

>FOSSIL FUELS

>PROTECT MUH FOSSILS

>>>>>abiotic oil

thank you fine american for your quality post, please enjoy this picture taken in your majestic homeland

dog bles america

Because once we've gotten rid of fossil-fuel based electricity, electric cars will be totally clean to drive. We need the electric infrastructure in place to be ready for this. This isn't difficult to work out for yourself.

>and it is also only pollutant released by burning fossil fuels

I would be more concerned about all of that fucking radiation released from the coal you fucking idiot

Grab a brain, read a book, etc. fucking idiot.

Coal plants are much cleaner than cars pound for pound, so it's a win even if they all rely on a coal.

When cleaner energy technologies are eventually implemented (or a new technology is developed), your car will already be part of the new clean system because it makes no emissions of its own.

You don't have to import oil so you can put gasoline into the car.

The only reason to hate electric cars is if you're an angry globalist mad that we're cutting our reliance on saudi arabian oil magnates and becoming an independent nation again. The only real concern is battery disposal

it's not just a fear of nuclear energy
fun fact: the number of people killed per year by the carbon emissions necessary to equate to nuclear power used today is 370 times the number of people who have ever been killed in any nuclear incident, ever

the problem is disposal, nuclear fission products are super radioactive afterwards and have to be disposed of, and as they decay they turn into 10/10 weapons grade nuclear material. We can't just destroy them or stabilize them, so you have to take it and hide it underground somewhere, but then also guard it with the highest level of security available

nuclear ain't easy

>shilling for oil companies
>he does it for free

Actually the largest electric car submarket in the country is Alpharetta, Georgia. The state used to have a tax credit for alternative fuel vehicles that when combined with the federal tax credit meant people could lease a Nissan Leaf for virtually nothing. Alpharetta is a suburb of Atlanta with lots of IT companies, so all the Pajeets got Leafs.

catalytic converters get me the most. Sure they lower the cars emissions by a fraction, but the total emmissions used to make the fucking things is more than they fucking save.

fucking roasties doing school runs make more emmissions than all of motorsports REEEEEEE

>...once we've gotten rid of fossil-fuel based electricity...

There is no sign that that will happen any time soon.
And by "any time soon" i mean its not happening before the end of this century.

Sure, but we might as well try, it's pretty much the only option we have at this point.

>get a haz mat team in here with full protective jumpsuit and tongs pronto! we have actual proof of barbecue COAL in the local walmart!! (yeah i couldn't believe it either) we got the memo ITS NOW OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED AS RADIO ACTIVE!! (yes i heard that on cnn too!! wew). now is the time to PANIC.

wew

lithium mining destroys the whole area of land around it. way more destructive than drilling for fossil fuels. also battery disposal has destroyed whole towns in mexico. liberals insanely follow any global warming marxist ideas like sheep.

>lithium mining destroys the whole area of land around it. way more destructive than drilling for fossil fuels. also battery disposal has destroyed whole towns in mexico. liberals insanely follow any global warming marxist ideas like sheep.
Best reason to drive electric cars is they are very fast these days. IC engines are pretty much at their limit for power to weight ratios.

Why do liberals hate nuclear power? If only it was given a second chance.

That power plant powers a million cars and pollutes less than a million combustion engine cars would. Literally nothing wrong with electric cars.

I know my next one will be electric.

Best Virginia coal power plant says hi....

Electric cars can make a lot of economic sense. I would Like to own one but not for the supposed environmental factors. I don't give a shit about that. The problem is cost. They typically cost upwards of 30-40k. Thats a lot even by new car standards. Of course uncle sam subsidizes it but you still need to come up with the money upfront or through financing. What you can do is make your own for a fraction of the cost. A lot of companies and communities online are into it and sell kits. The geo metro is a very popular car t convert because of its low drag coefficient, light weight and low cost. A lot of people who buy one for 500 or less because of some mechanical flaw, gut the thing and get all if not more money out of what they paid for it. Pull the engine, transmission (not needed but it helps with max speed, I would remove it though, one less part to worry about). A 72 volt pack in a geo metro will get you a max speed around 50-55 mph. I was looking into what 48 volts was capable but I am not sure. That estimate may be on the low side, a lot of this is forum posts I go by. You can have a geo metro with a lithium pack for around 6000-7000 dollars with over 120 mile range. A fraction of the cost of a new electric car with acceptable speeds and range. You can do 96 volts or higher for similar cost. I would prefer a non highway 48 volt because of the safety factor and 48 volt golf cart components are cheap. The lighter it is the better. The only problem is AC and heat. Heated seats are doable but most people opt for a cheap fuel heater somewhere in the engine compartment. Heats water and all that. Uses very little fuel.

>If only it was given a second chance.

The world never gave up on it.

So they can feel smug and give themselves a nice pat on the back

oh god you just triggered me.
Catalytic converters are the worst fucking thing to happen to cars since rack and pinion steering.
The biggest issue is the clog easily and they had to remove zinc from oil. Zinc makes oil a much better lubricant and keeps the oil on the cylinder wall longer. STP additives are nice if you have an older truck but with a cat your fucked. So now you have engines that could last 400-500k instead of 200-300k. The greenies gush themselves over saving a tiny bit of pollution but create 10x as much making new cars or parts because the old one shit itself early. one step forward, two steps back. The car industry has been that way for more than 40 years. Cars peaked in quality, metallurgy and quality of oil in the late 80s. 1994 was the last good year for cars. After that, way to much emission garbage and electronic shit that breaks constantly.

How do you think they convert heat to electricity?

Because Tesla P100D does 0 to 60 in 2.4 seconds

stock

China is getting Nuclear Reactors. A buttload of cheap, clean energy.

Germany is getting Wind Turbines. Worthless, overly expensive, crap that isn't even renewable considering you have to replace infrastructure every decade or so, and every time they do that it destroys its surroundings.

>shit that breaks constantly.
And how. My current vehicle is a 2012, and it's...JUST
4 months of warranty left, watch everything melt down the second it expires.

It's needed major valve train repairs twice, had the catalytic converter replaced once already. (probably got fried when my timing chain went the first time). Second time apparently the control solenoid for the variable valve timing system is what failed. Both repairs that require draining the engine oil so that's fucking wonderful for the environment.

>american education

Because why not.

Leaf driver here. I like the savings and the CuckEV parking in the best places.

its als ofunny how liberals don't seem to grasp that the only thing that comes out of the cooling tower is water.

what model and how many miles?

The modern electronics are not too bad and I may have been a bit too harsh on catalytic converters. For exaple the labia sensor can sniff out all the harmfull emmissions and can tell you when she is running foul.

This.

>abiotic oil
The Soviet Union fell over 25 years ago, you can stop believing in this now

Stop being such a britcuck homo.

>America literally invades a country over oil bullshit
>Coal is just as bad as oil and let's ignore the fact we are setting up the infrastructure for solar power for cars

>I watch the Simpsons wats dis?

kek, but seriously, that electronic shit wont make it past 10 years. Solid state electronics and electrical contacts don't hold up to years up oil, dirt, grime and vibration. I take very good care of my vehicles. Most people around here don't. I know a ton of people who have locked an engine up from not changing the oil, ever and not knowing you needed to (yes, women.) Most in my area have major breakdowns by 150k miles. My car is 245k miles on it and purrs. The problem I have is all the electrical sensors and other shit breaking down. I want a car without power anything. Manual locks and windows, no power steering (less gas mileage), etc.

>what is the rankine cycle

>Saving 2 bucks a gallon is bad
>giving the jews more money

I drive a Prius, I used to drive a Truck. I went from spending 300$ a month on gas to 80 tops.

But sure, saving money is bad.

Bigger problem is most things aren't made to last anymore in general. I try to keep my car doing well but it started to fuck up around 100k all the same

>paying literal Jews for oil every week.

I hope we go full nuclear tho

>I drive a Prius
No wonder you're such a beta faggot.

>100,000 combustion engines are more efficient than one big one
Electrification is pretty good honestly, scaling up a thermodynamic cycle is usually better than trying to scale it down. Biggest issue facing electric cars in particular is that they cannot be electrified like trains and must instead carry their own "fuel" between points. Unfortunately, batteries are not up to that challenge just yet.

>prius
So gay.
Also not even that good on gas in comparison. All that effort and engineering and previous cars get similar or better gas mileage. The chevy sprint, the precursor to the geo metro got 60 mpg highway. mid 90's geo's got 45/50 mpg.

Burning fuel in one large furnace as opposed to 10000 engines:
1) more efficient
1.1) more joule-per-kg
1.2) less waste-kg-per-joule
1.3) waste heat can be recycled (thermoelectric plants feeding city heating system)
2) more fuel choices (gas for less waste, coal for cheap)
3) more energy sources (nuclear, hydro and solar (if you buy the hype))
4) you have power plants anyway

And finally can be moved away from place where people actually leave, so cities are not fucking gas chambers. It's worse than a chemical plant in a town (because you breath it's shit only when wind blows from it's side, instead of choking on it every day).

>Driving a cuckmobile for saving $220 monthly

Even by Chile income standards its retarded, get a real car

tl;dr

Chevrolet Equinox.

Just over 100,000 kilometers. most of the problems occurred before hitting the 100K mark though.

Like if I had a technical diagram of the power train design I never would have bought the damn thing, but they obviously don't include that on the window sticker.

The whole design of the powertrain is a mess. Like the TPS is built into the throttle body and not separately replacable... the PCV system dumps it's crap into the upper-intake where it causes crap to build up on the throttle body.

No transmission dipstick.

And basically if the oil gets low (which it has mad oil consumption problems in extremely cold weather (I know all vehicles do, but this one especially)) the first place that loses lubrication is the timing chain tensioner. Which causes the tensioner to become stuck, and thus rip the entire valve timing system apart from the chain. The chain won't break though.. that would be too easy. Like when mine went, it basically ripped apart the guide cams and was flopping around loosely. (yet somehow was able to limp it's way to the dealership to get fixed).

If there's one thing positive that can be said; it's engine fail safe system is pretty effective at preventing further damage to the engine once shitty components fail.

I'm not a mechanic by any stretch, but I know enough about cars to know that a timing chain should never fucking fail. If it wasn't for the BS variable valve timing system apparently needing to constantly fuck with the chain geometry it probably wouldn't have such an issue to begin with.

The repair itself of course likely in the end causing more environmental damage than will ever be saved by the extra 0.1 miles per gallon having VVT saves.

The design was so retarded that GM basically had to tuck their tail between their legs and set up a special policy for free timing chain replacements up to 200,000km.

But after 2 valve trains and 4.5 years later I've gotten good at filling the oil just on time.

tl;dr

Basically.
Fuck government motors. Last car I buy from them.

The emissions caused by cars is something like 3% of global emissions. This is all about the feels. It makes no difference to the planet.

Why do liberals drive electric cars:

Liberals drive electric cars to legitimize the fake agenda of (((environmentalism))).

Not, as they claim, because they are truly concerned for the environmental wellbeing of the U.S.

Democrat's Policy, and their platform as a whole, proves that liberals do not truly care about "sustainability".

FOR EXAMPLE:
1) Liberals will very rarely propose legislation that helps the environment WITHOUT ALSO punishing corporations/small businesses.

2) Liberals claim that they want "conservation", but then let millions of immigrants into our country which increases the population. (A larger population means more development/deforestation). The two policy positions are obviously at odds with one another.

The liberals true goals:
1) destroying the ability of the small business owner to provide for himself (thus resulting in dependence on the state)
2) Making it expensive for big businesses to hire employees (thus creating unemployment and further dependence on the state)
3) facilitate a transition away from oil/gas to (((clean energy))) (in an attempt to bankrupt the conservative natural resource industries).

IF the liberals TRULY cared about "sustainability", they would propose legislation that didn't impede economic growth.
For example: expanding the national park system, which wouldn't affect business operations OUTSIDE of the protected wilderness areas and would create jobs in the new parks.

Lithium batteries are a good fit for electric cars. The problem you run into is two things.
1. Lithium batteries are currently expensive and finicky. They are in high demand and they require a bms to protect the easily damaged cells.
2. manufacturers are pants on head retarded. They constantly add more power draining devices, larger vehicles, luxuries and generally add weight, complexity and shit that drains the battery to the vehicle.
Gas vehicles suffer from this one as well.
The cost is driven up as well as the size of the battery pack. Tesla has come a long way in range and I think the range of a tesla is more than adequate for 90% of drivers. The problem goes back to cost. It has a fuck huge battery pack because tesla engineers apparently wack off to pictures of the bat mobile. A lot of DIY kits exist and people have already got a geo metro EV with a 120 mile range on it. Fraction of the cost, simple, light weight. It really is an economic vehicle. Minimal parts and electronics and the frame, wheels and mechanical parts are dirt cheap because based GM shits parts out. Electric motorcycles and bikes on the other hand are 100%b viable and superior to a gas one now. Crazy long range etc. Once again fucking expensive because its mostly marketed to retards with far to much money and marked up really high. They can cost next to nothing to build but they sell them for 15k and up. This may have changed but in the case of motorcycles they are massively over priced. Excellent range and performance though. At standard 45-60 moh speeds most get a range around 150 miles. They also have a small battery pack so it charges pretty quick.

>Chevrolet Equinox.
oh god I am sorry. I fucking hate chevy. Some of the older trucks are greatt but the quality has gone down hill. Every single chevy I have ever known or knew someone who had one had electrical problems. All the fucking time.

youtube.com/watch?v=AziOYoN3BkU

electric vehicles are cool as fuck and have great acceleration

Yeah. The last GM I bought was a 2007 Cobalt. Which was pretty fucking good. Nothing mechanically ever went wrong with the damn thing. I was young, and treated it like crap and it just kept giving. Never burned oil, even when it was -40 out. So when that midlife crisis rolled around and I decided it was time for an SUV I thought "well my last GM experience was good..." WRONG
FUCKING WRONG.

Last time I ever buy GM.

>Germany is getting Wind Turbines.
I wish this country would give up on Wind Energy, but the politicians sure as fuck aren't since we make a ton of money from it.

Thats odd on the timing chain. They do wear out but more often than not you notice it. Mine has a tensioner and tightens when it gets loose, which it does over time. I have 245k miles on my timing chain and it only now started to mildly slip. Only happened twice so far and all ti did was set off a check engine light. Usually its good for 150k miles before you are supposed to replace it. Chances are I will replace the entire engine while I am at it. I found a source of dirt cheap used parts online I order from. 350 bucks for a transmission with 1000 miles on it. 600 for an engine with 30k miles on it. Pretty much new.

REMINDER THAT WE COULD HAVE FREE WIRELESS ENERGY FOR YEARS NOW

Electric cars would not only be viable, but they would dominate the market

All of this if it wasn't for greedy fucking jews

wait until electricity prices triple with green energy like it happened in germany you fucking retard

pic related

Like I said it's just overall poorly designed power train. They clearly designed it with planned maintenance revenue in mind.

Like combining the whole TPS issue where gunk from the PCV system gums it up, guess what isn't covered in the powertrain warranty? The throttle body.

Everywhere you go in the world people make fun of you Limeys.

You can't even speak your own language correctly. American English is normal. You butcher it

>battery disposal
>USA
1) Find most worthless plot in a middle of a desert
2) Dig a big hole
3) Dump all shit in it
4) Cover it with rocks and whenever you dug out on step 2
When, in 100-10000 years, somebody will want it, they can build a mine there.

the touchscreen is completely retarded

Haha what a fucking bitch

Electric motors are very good delivery devices for turning energy into rotational momentum. Probably the best device available for the job.

The issue always has been and always will be transporting that energy in a vessel the size of a car.

maybe if it was nuclear it would be okay.

When you only make 1500$ a month, 220$ of savings is a big deal.

Also mine is 2007 and gets 40/45. I go for about 400 miles per tank on my usual driving.

I'm paying less for the oil jew, and because there's no EV infrastructure where I live, it's the best thing for my budget.

>cuckmobile

I'm not virtue signalling either way. If I made a thread about which is the most redpilled car, I'd end up getting a bunch of suggestions for gas guzzling hangar queens that I couldn't afford anyway.

Also, while I believe myself to be rather redpilled, acting overly redpilled is just virtue signalling in the other direction.

Pretty much this.

I really wanted to get into an EV project about 10 years ago, unfortunately that never panned out, and the further issue was that even if it did, the infrastructure didn't exist in my area.

It was a pipe dream, but as the infrastructure works it's way east, it'll be less of that. Electric vehicles are the future, but IC engines are going to be a mainstay for quite a while. Fossil fuels are reliable.

Looks comfy

>CO2
>Pollutant

That chemistry knowledge doh

Batteries that require other countries to strip mine entire mountains to get the rare earth metals needed for their ultimately disposable batteries

Then there is the whole physics thing with energy and the fact that every time energy changes form some of it is given off as unusable heat - this burning gas in the car directly gains efficiency in the big picture

Bc it means less health problems from air pollution in city centers dipshit

>what are breeder reactors
The French figured out how to deal with nuclear waste.

Carbon Monoxide (CO1) is a harmful pollutant

Carbon Dioxide (CO2) is literally what makes plants produce oxygen (O2) that we need to breathe

CO2 is literally required for humanity to survive.

... I used to work at a coal plant. at the end of the day, all cars in the parking lot are covered in tiny, sticky, oily droplets that would build up if not washed off often. Ash and coal soot is everywhere. look up at the ceiling vents - black. open a pc to replace a hard drive - black. dust your workspace every week - black. constant safety training and reminders that we were constantly exposed to radiation and chemicals.

in other words, you're an idiot.

Yea I never understood why they bothered with that Prius garbage. They could have thrown a turbo on that 1L 3 cylinder geo engine and been 90% there with virtually no effort.