Why do atheists believe the universal conditions of supporting life is basically one big coincidence...

Why do atheists believe the universal conditions of supporting life is basically one big coincidence, yet they believe a human and chimp sharing 94% of their DNA is not just a coincidence?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7ImvlS8PLIo
scientificamerican.com/article/human-chimp-gene-gap-wide/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's not really a coincidence if those conditions literally couldn't not be those conditions.

There are literally trillions of variables needed in order to create life and support it, in universal terms. Yet all the fine tuning you can imagine is just blind luck?

Personally I am an athiest, but I can't find a starter for the Chain of causality unless there is some form of intelligent design.

The law of conservation of energy states that energy cannot be created nor destroyed. If that is true then that means that at the beginning of our universe there had to be some form of energy that has never had a beginning (or rather, creation), and instead has always existed.

I was raised protestant but I am not so sure now about religion, it just seems all to unrealistic to me that angels exist and whatnot.

But I do agree evolution does have some flaws, but religion has far more imo.

We also share 50% of our DNA with bananas

Whats your point

The bible does infact hint at some forms of evolution, Genesis 1:24 I believe states that god commanded the earth to bring up all things, and the next 3 verses talk about it as well.

Jewish dirt farmers obviously had no concept of science, so if the bible is true it could be a metaphor for dumbing down macro evolution.

Just my 2 cents

>Why do atheists believe the universal conditions of supporting life is basically one big coincidence

I want you to imagine that a billion different universes exist... okay?

All different conditions, some too hot, some too cold... some have different gravity, some have a different boiling point of water, right?

So, you have a BILLION different universes, and only like, maybe 5 of those universes have life... right?

It is only in those 5 universes that can have life, that life will arise and be able to ask questions about how "fine Tuned" the universe might be for supporting life.

We literally have no conception of what the odds even COULD be, and so the "Fine Tuning" argument is basically bullshit on it's face.

Only a universe capable of supporting life COULD have people who even care about that question, because in any other type of universe, there wouldn't be any life to give a shit about it.

>yet they believe a human and chimp sharing 94% of their DNA is not just a coincidence?

Most animals on the planet have a common 95% of their DNA, man...

Most of your DNA codes for stuff like blood cells, neurons, bones, cell structure, proteins, enzymes, etc...

Stuff that almost every creature on the planet has in common.

It's not a big surprise that literally ALL mammals share something like 95% of their DNA, it's what makes us MAMMALS.

And if we DIDN'T share that much DNA, we wouldn't all be mammals.

It's like asking why two different types of cars still have 4 wheels... OMG SPOOKY!!!

Well how else would they be?

maybe it's not a coincidence, who knows. but you can't just plug that gap in with "there's a God - he did it" that's fucking lazy

>but you can't just plug that gap in with "there's a God - he did it" that's fucking lazy

Welll, reguardless of the fact that "God did it" is a really lazy argument (essentially a non argument)

IT IS however possible that God DID do it...

But it is a useless argument since it tells us nothing about the universe, or even WHICH god did it.

if you believe in the multi universe, one of them cold have a being (God) controlling all the others universes

>if you believe in the multi universe, one of them cold have a being (God) controlling all the others universes

Sure, it's possible... but it's not something that we will ever be able to actually KNOW.

That's why I'm a panentheist.

>The law of conservation of energy states that energy cannot be created nor destroyed.
Which is true only inside our universe as far as we know.

Even if not it can go the same way as virtual particle pairs appearing in vacuum and annihilating. Only in this case our universe just tries to get to zero state over time by expanding and spreading all energy back. Or maybe there is some anti-universe.

Though for now all this things are almost at the same stage as "A wizard did it" - not enough data.

It's not a coincidence: it's a condition of this universe.

Nowhere, however, am I to infer God did it simply because things are the exact way they are.

You can if you want, but God of the gaps is a really poor insight.

>Even if not it can go the same way as virtual particle pairs appearing in vacuum and annihilating. Only in this case our universe just tries to get to zero state over time by expanding and spreading all energy back. Or maybe there is some anti-universe.

Well, technically speaking hawking radiation violates the conservation of energy principle.

The fine tuning is due to the constant process of mutation, reproduction, and selection by the environment.

>i haven't taken a middle school level biology class

How? It robs black holes of mass.

Life is a coincidence to the extent that the probability of life-sustaining conditions in the galaxy is low. Think of all the boxes that need to be checked that give way to life, then think of the billions of planets that don't have life, then think of all the planets that have some of the elements and molecules conducive to life but don't have it in the right balance, etc.

You need only consider how many times life didn't occur to appreciate the one time that it did. Life has the lowest drop rate in the universe.

i now see more evidence that God exist than ever, and people still don't believe, but that's how things are, you can force this things

>How? It robs black holes of mass.

Virtual particle pairs being emitted from near the singularity, one goes in, one goes out.

Virtual particle pair production is an effect of the "quantum vacuum fluctuations" and in order to conserve energy, they can only exist for fractions of a second, and then self annihilate.

near a black hole, a percentage of them DON'T self annihilate, as one is pulled into the black hole, and the other escapes.

>i now see more evidence that God exist than ever,
Prove me that god exists. Come on, chap.

Technically, this adds mass/energy to the universe.

>>i now see more evidence that God exist than ever,
>Prove me that god exists. Come on, chap.

Evidence for or against GOD can't exist.

because science does not work that way.

The scientific method destroys 99% of the foundations religion are built on. The rest is too abstract or far off to ever test.

Literally what?

FUCK religious people are stupid.

>Evidence for or against GOD can't exist.
K was going to keep being an agonistic atheist either way

>The scientific method destroys 99% of the foundations religion are built on. The rest is too abstract or far off to ever test.

Well, that was kind of my point, actually.

>Literally what?

>FUCK religious people are stupid.

I'm not religious, I already said... i'm a panentheist.

It's not a coincidence, it's inevitable.

that's something you cannot prove, you just see the evidence the science provide to you and make your hypothesis, you can believe it or not

>yet they believe a human and chimp sharing 94% of their DNA is not just a coincidence?
There is a causal link between this genetic similarity: evolution. Humans and chimpanzees have a common ancestor and the fossil record substantiates this.

>the universal conditions of supporting life is basically one big coincidence
You are putting the cart before the horse. Life evolved on this planet to suit the conditions that were already here, not the other way around.

When algae first began to photosynthesize on earth, the oxygen they excreted caused a mass extinction event that killed off most of the earth's species. Everything that exists today evolved from those organisms that were able to tolerate the presence of oxygen, and now oxygen is necessary for our survival.

Life could just as easily exist on a planet with a much higher or lower temperature, with an atmosphere composed primarily of methane or some other gas. Just not life that has evolved here on earth.

You know this already, you're just trying to start shit.

Lovely view, Argy. Well then I'll be "in-between"

He is talking about he fine tuning of the universe lmao.

>fine tuning of a species due to mutation etc.
>yet beneficial mutations are very rare
>millions of years of evolution
>not fine tuned enough to resist damn near every disease there is by now
>most animals can drink tainted water freely, free of risk due to evolution
>humans have been around for tens of thousands of years
>cannot drink tainted water freely
>environemtn determines what is passed on

Everything needs water. Yet only some species have developed this immunity to many of the diseases in water.

Explain this shit. You can't.

Maybe check articles and books or at least Wiki before spouting something like this? Most articles about Hawking radiation talk about black holes evaporating - losing mass.

There is still no conclusive evidence for it and actual process is not known but no one suggested that it breaks conservation laws.

>>not fine tuned enough to resist damn near every disease there is by now

diseases evolve also.

look its this thread again

"luck"
no
physics

or maybe just some, or maybe just one or maybe even none

>Explain this shit. You can't.
Doesn't mean it's god thou. Could be something else.

>Well, technically speaking hawking radiation violates the conservation of energy principle.

then you dont comprehend it

>near a black hole, a percentage of them DON'T self annihilate, as one is pulled into the black hole, and the other escapes.

yes? and?

no
no it doesnt

no hes actually factual
that is non-falsifiability, and falsifiability is exactly and the (ONLY) way science works

>or maybe just some, or maybe just one
Or maybe more than one god

of course

those things have been discussed way too much, by people who knew way too much about the subject too, you can look into it or keep on being skeptical

>Beneficial mutation are very rare

>not fine tuned enough to resist damn near every disease there is by now

Pretending to be retarded? You have basically answered your own question.
We were then simply not given time to grow a resistance on nearly every disease in the world.
Instead we have developed a system to fight most diseases (immune system), and, successful or not, some of us have survived long and well with this system alone.
Also, viruses and bacteria have all evolved individually and at a faster rate (much simpler construction compared to humans) to come up with new ways to fuck our health up.

>cannot drink tainted water freely
1. Most animals risk the bacteria and parasites we risk when drinking water. Many animals can also die from those diseases.
2. We are not used to tainted water anymore, as we are all raised and used to clean water. Read up on Adaptive Immune System if you are interested.

Any questions?

>yes? and?

So these particles have energy.

>Physical laws are the same as coincidences
>I can imagine the universe differently, therefore it's a miracle the universe isn't the way I can imagine it

God is a lazy substitute for statistical probability.

Humans had less time to go through the trial and error process, you pee pee snipping subhuman.

This guy is good for explaining complex science to the rest of us.
youtube.com/watch?v=7ImvlS8PLIo

>Billion to one chance of two molecules bumping together to start to form simple protein strands.
>Literally billions of billions of molecules everywhere

Also
>Billion to one chance of life appearing on any given planet
>Literally billions of billions of planets.

Don't procreate

Is that your quote? That's quite a brilliant quote

Maybe due to them not being able to form intelligible points of reasoning due to their disbelief.

Maybe some different conditions wouldve supported some different chemistry of life, dumb ass
And humans and chimps share 99% of dna

When it comes to fine tuning of the universe it's even simpler. That's just the way the cookie crumbled.

>be mentally retarded religious subhuman
>throw a bunch of pencils on the ground
>sperg out about how the proceeding arrangement of pencils was so mathematically likely to not happen, that god must have done it

legacy DNA. it goes beyond basic "read write" data in dna that even plants share with animals. there are early forms in your dna. templates for things like say a basic fish. these are not active genes but present all the same

why does a human have legacy DNA if he was crafted by god himself?

scientificamerican.com/article/human-chimp-gene-gap-wide/