Shitting where you eat

Everyone who denies climate change says the same things

"Temperatures have been fluctuating since the beginning of time"

"Its natural warming and cooling of the earth, give it time and it will cool"

"Hey have you seen this graph of ice ages?"

"Baby trees need carbon to grow so they absorb it more"

Pic related is the first thing on wikipedia about the temperature record. So as long as we have been recording time and you can go read up on it. And stuff was going pretty well at fist, pretty average fluctuations in both directions. Keep in mind that the Industrial Revolution started to get rolling around 1760 so clearly that wasn't having too much of an effect.

Then WWII got every nation fucking horned up on mass production, fossil fuel consumption, and war. Oh, and factory farming! That's the worst shit. So look at the anomaly now; it still goes up and down year per year. But now we are way off the average from not even 200 years ago, the earth is being pushed farther out of where it wanted to be a few years prior.

So yeah, the temperatures naturally fluctuate. And the temperature anomaly has been going up steadily since WWII so I say why is that? If it's not being caused by us.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D-m09lKtYT4&
realclearscience.com/blog/2015/08/the_average_body_temperature_is_not_986_degrees.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=D-m09lKtYT4&
Fuck off leaf. You are a dieing kind of stupid.

Tldr pls mr scientist. Exactly how much do you want this time before you again fuck off?

Sup Forums is a Christian board, not a neo-Pagan earth worship carbon pimping new age power cult. Fossil fuels will be spent with or without parasitic taxation. Just say no to parasites.

cool chart ahmed.

now show it going back farther than 136 years.

Hey leaf, do you know the future? No? Then it's a 50/50 coin flip on if climate change is real. Argue all you like it doesn't change facts.

Instead of differences use absolute temperature as y axis.

>anyone who does not buy into either the pop sci belief or the currently scientifically ""accepted"" belief on how climate change works is a climate change denier and deserves to be ridiculed

this is not how the scientific method works, therefore i assume that you are at best misguided and at worst deliberately malicious

nobody in their right fucking mind is arguing that the ice cores aren't showing bad shit happening, they're arguing that there are things we're not taking into account and we should probably research them before going full balls to the wall with the current conclusion we have.

you cunts have been consistently wrong, again and again, with your predictions in how bad climate change would be. you fuckheads used to be arguing that we'd be under 5 meters of water by now. that was wrong. simple as that.

but, instead of actually revising your models, bringing new hypothesis' to the table as to what's going on, and actually TESTING THEM, you have just resolved to calling people that disagree with you (for not even the same reasons mind you) idiots.

you are an idiot.

Everyone who believes in climate change says the same thing yet they still drive to work, crank up the air conditioning, leave their computers on and fly home for the holidays.

They understand the issue, they know the solution, but they still act like the other guy is the problem. Why is that?

>since WWII

Earth is hundreds of millions years old. Remember the ice age?

not believing catastrophic man made climate change is haram.

c'mon Sup Forums get with the times

Again this Canadian?

Warming is useful. It has always been happening, usually much stronger than now, and it has always been called OPTIMUM.

I really hope and wish we are approaching a new optimum of maybe more than 1°C warmer than today, and not to a new little ice age, which it more seems from Solar inactivity...

Just propagandists call it a catastrophe...

Your "global land&ocean temperature index" - it depends who calculates it, what source data he uses, and not the least who pays the grants. It's main flaw is, that it shows only last century, while climate cycles start to be interesting in 850-year cycle... Showing only a fraction of cycle and pretending it's significant is alarmist at best...

>Pic related is the first thing on wikipedia about the temperature record.

Good to know we're dealing with an expert!

>Everyone who denies climate change says climate is always changing

And this is why I don't take the alarmists serious.

The larger impact from increased atmospheric CO2 is not temperature, but ocean acidification. A few degrees C is nothing compared to changes in ocean pH.

>since world war 2

Moberg et al.2005 temperature record reconstruction, compared with 850-year planetary cycle, assumed at influencing Solar activity...

Beside this is a 180-year cycle, which also has some influence, and it seems they may be interferring...

And contemplate about this.

Influence of cirrus clouds as a green-house is by more orders of magnitude (!) bigger than influence of CO2. This amount of cirrus clouds is thousand times stronger green-house influence than even 700 ppm of CO2, not just 400 as today...

If you live at little more northern latitudes, you may know the difference between cirrus day warmth and clear-sky-day frost...

Increasing cirrus coverage by percents due to aeronautics has got much more profound warming effect than whole man-made and nature-made CO2 combined...

I am sure the thermometer s from 136 years ago are as accurate as ours today as well...

DAILY REMINDER

* A doubling of preindustrial CO2, absent any feedbacks, would result in a maximum forcing of +1.2C.

* The General Circulation Models, and the IPCC, predict 2-8C of warming because AGW theory assumes a positive H2O feedback. They assume that if CO2 causes a little warming, the atmosphere will hold more water vapor which will lead to a lot of warming.

* The warming predictions cover such a large range because everyone assumes a different average H2O feedback rate.

* Every GCM based on this assumption has failed to model temperatures for the past 17 years. They are all trending too high.

* In the late 1990's the modelers themselves stated that if they missed their predictions for more then a decade that would falsify AGW theory.

* There is no data to suggest a +H2O feedback either now or in Earth's past.

* If there is no +H2O feedback then we literally have nothing to worry about.

* The average climate change believer knows none of this. Politicians, citizens, activists, surprisingly even a lot of scientists are literally ignorant of the theory and the math. In their mind it's simply "CO2 = bad" and "experts say we're warming faster then ever."

>A few degrees C is nothing compared to changes in ocean pH.

Funny, ocean pH wasn't a problem in Earth's past when CO2 was far, FAR higher than today.

>weather records from before electricity

Forget the fact that the use of fossil fuels is already having dire consequences for the climate and for the environment. The petrodollar system relies on a never-ending demand for oil. Whether you want to accept it or not, the reality is that climate change is real, and the only way we can stop it is to completely phase out fossil fuels, which we are going to do. The demand for oil will begin to fall, and the value of the dollar will correct itself. The stubbornness and greed of the fossil fuel executives is going to bring down this country, and I for one am not going to sit by quietly while the international cabal of corporate thieves loots our country.

We need to invest in the future, not just in short term profit. You can horde all the money you want in your offshore accounts and shell companies, but when the dollar crashes, we better be prepared to start over and invest in renewables. The US is going the way of the dinosaur; all of Western Europe and Scandinavia are moving aggressively towards renewables. Even 3rd world countries are investing in renewables more than the US, relatively speaking.

Get your heads out of your asses. If you really think that all the severe drought, abnormal wildfires, hurricanes and earthquakes are totally unconnected to the atmosphere heating up, you're just not thinking. Don't be useful idiots for billionaires who actually don't care if they destroy the planet. You blame the (((them))) for everything, but fail to see who is really pulling the strings. Be smart, Sup Forums.

It may not have been a problem for the organisms adapted to different ocean pH, but it might be a problem for organisms adapted to current ocean pH.

I am more worried about the next cold period tbqh. I like winter and cold for the first few months but I hate shoveling snow.

U leafs can fuck off and go drown with the polar bears.

This is normal

heh - never thought of that

realclearscience.com/blog/2015/08/the_average_body_temperature_is_not_986_degrees.html

>Predicted End of modern warm period transition 2000-2014

first, let's all recognize that "predicted" in this case means "pulled out of ass"
but that's irrelevant anyway since 2014, 2015 and in all likelyhood 2016 have showed anything but a slowdown in warming, let alone a cooling anomaly.

Thats cute you think you can predict the future. Well I hate to break it to you but when you see that less than 1 degree rise in temp is when they started putting thermometers in these big islands of heat capturing assphalt we call airports.

Very clever shitpost my friend, here is your 100% certfied (you).
Well done!

people already looked at that and they were unable to find any such bias in the terrestrial temperature data sets

literally eat my balls leaf

just because your frosty shithole of a country could benefit from a few degrees on the thermostat doesn't mean you're allowed to talk

>obama leaf is now shifting to climate change

D I S A V O W

Who looked at it? your hack sientist that have been caught changing the data. Heat Islands is a very common phenomenon. Just the fact that most of these temperatures would have been taken in cities after the industrial revolution. So what are you going to do about temperature rise? What is your big Plan?

This.

Wtf does that Y Axis even mean.

>it's a conspiracy

it's so easy isn't it? if the answer climatologists and meteorologists had given you to the point about UHI were "those people are corrupt hacks who are all funded by the oil companies, we don't have to look at that", would that be convincing to you?
If the actual experts were to do anything like you are doing, we'd rightly regard it as bad news

>Whether you want to accept it or not, the reality is that climate change is real, and the only way we can stop it is to completely phase out fossil fuels,

But the Earth's climate changes naturally anyway, and it's going to continue to do so regardless of our fossil fuel consumption.

btw, I forgot to mention that the terrestrial temperature monitoring stations are by far not the only techniques and proxies you can use to determine the temperature of the immediate and deep past. All of them (with a single well known exception) recover a highly convergent recent rise in atmospheric and oceanic temperatures

You see your post is absolute evidence of what I was saying in another thread in regards to the Holocaust and how it's only comparable to the crucifixion of Christ in the way it shaped Western culture. Blindly accepting the Holocaust as truth has conditioned you to believe that you are inherently evil, that both the West and all of humanity are inherently evil and that it is only rational to assume that the evil doers would be damaging the planet and harming mother Nature. You are incapable of imagining Nature as evil and praising us for being able to control Nature in a way that benefits us. You are fixated in using WWII as a reference, because WWII is the stone that defines the West since you're a Holocaust believer. Let alone the fact that even in the graphic you provided, the true rise in "temperature anomaly" comes during the 80s, you still want to use WWII as reference, because that's the time we were evil and after that we start being good.

Pathetic really. The Holocaust frames all of your worldview.

Actually that is correct, we should not be listening to the oil company "hacks" either. You just won't ever admit that the other side has an agenda. So come on people answer my question. What is your big plan to fight "climate Change"?

There is no evidence the atmosphere is heating up. There is no evidence that there are more severe weather events or that weather events are becoming more severe.

They do not. Show me the ice core, ocean sediment and tree ring data for the last forty years. You are pulling shit out of your ass to shill for your political agenda.