Why do atheists care?

What good has ever come out of atheism? None. So why do they keep posting on Sup Forums?

If atheists claim that there is no set design, then by their logic there there musn't be truth. If there is no truth, they how can atheists claim to be 'right' and that theists are 'wrong'? It's nonsense.

Furthermore - if atheist's deny that humans have an inbuilt capacity for justice and truth - then why do they spend so much time shitposting about their shitty beliefs on Sup Forums? They deny that humans are attracted to truth, then demonstrate the exact point they are trying to disprove by the fact they spend time and energy proving to others that truth doesn't exist

Just as Epictetus said about Epicurus (a typical atheist):

>What then was it that waked Epicurus from his sleepiness, and compelled him to write what he did write? What else was it than that which is the strongest thing in men, nature, which draws a man to her own will though he be unwilling and complaining? For since, she says, you think that there is no community among mankind, write this opinion and leave it for others, and break your sleep to do this, and by your own practice condemn your own opinions.

And if one were to claim that truth DOES exist - then where does it originate from?

Are you saying religions have never caused mass genocides or destruction of other cultures?

Human aggresion is the reason why everything is the way it is.

Preach brother.

See Goddel.

>implying its wrong

They necessary, no meaning without suffering.

Right and wrong is subjective. All religions teach their own moral codes that contradicts themselves.

Ghandi also described Negroes as being indolent and lazy, almost work for word

Churches are the biggest source of gibsmedats
its happens in our own country

do you know about the Exclusive Brethren ??

No, the image is just meant to show the hypocrisy of people who think religion, by its necessity, causes war and evil. Ignorance (which leads to evil) is the cause of war, and all people are prone to ignorance, not just group A or B, or Y or Z.

Thanks brother

Every soceity hated negros until recent times. Now the hate is coming back.

If religion didn't exist, roughly 95% of the world's problems would basically disappear overnight.

Jews would stop Jewing.
Muslims would stop blowing people up.
People would put shitty sandpeople philosophies to bed and we can finally start conquering the galaxy like we were meant to do.

[What a Wonderful World starts playing in the distance]

What is 'right' and what is 'wrong' by your definition?

kek

I agree that organised religion has been compromised, but since when were human organisations ever perfect, let alone the Church being a perfect representation of what it preaches? Most people are hypocrites. Who are the exclusive brethren?

>So why do they keep posting on Sup Forums?
to make people mad
same reason you're posting this garbage

See: Islam isn't a religion anyway. Religion is meant to be presentation of truth, what is good, and how to live a good life. Islam copied all the good bits from Christianity, and the rest of it was made up and makes no sense - so it's no suprise that they are obsessed with killing.

For other religions though, yes, they often fail to represent their ideals and this has led to war (although most people in the world have been killed by atheists)

>Who are the exclusive brethren?
they don't vote
but they gave loads of money to john howard
so in return he gave them heaps of tax breaks and funding for their schools
so basically shows how much they care about wider society and the political process

the rabbit hole goes deeper if you want to know more

Most people are athiests whether they believe or not, but true atheists go one false god more.

Before you bluepilled religioncucks dismiss my argument solely because I am an athiest just know that I do believe in a grand creator of the universe but has no personal attachment to our world other than his design.

Placing the burden of proof on an athiest is a fallacy, and believing what a fucking fictional book says would lead me to believe that person is so fucked up in the head and I wouldn't feel the need to change their mind because they can't handle not having that crutch. When it comes to why I dislike religion is because I'm not a good goy other than my genital mutilation at birth. Religion is simply a tool of control and if you can't see that then I cannot save you from your sheep mentality.

Why not quote Nietzsche op? Christianity instills slave morality to serve their Jewish idols and Islam creates an opposition to christianity which keeps the power over the people in perpetual unity unless the fourth Reich rises

So many logical fallacies just in one post, you must either be baiting or too retarded to argue with. Good luck with your endeavours, whatever they may be.

Atheism endorses critical thinking, which is the core basis of science.

Truth in general doesn't require an "intelligent design".

Humans have an "inbuilt capacity for justice and truth" as much as any other animal or living being.

Kek, good pic
Saved.
Also add that the highest kill count in history was of atheists in russia with 20mil deaths. Tit was a open war against the "evils", of religion.
They explicitly professed to wage a atheistic PURGE of christiias

> They explicitly professed to wage a atheistic PURGE of christiias
[citation needed]

>Treat others how you want to be treated
>Somehow, this causes problems

>Atheism endorses critical thinking
Fantastic, the moment atheism can provide hard evidence God doesn't exist, the seame moment atheism will stop being a religion.

>hitler
>atheist

sure mate, if you have the time

Again, organised religion is failed. But it is not the same as a personal philosophy of how the world is created. I just want to know what is the logic behind the atheist viewpoint and how the contradictions within it are addressed

Atheism does endorses critical thinking and a scepticism to believing what you are told by religion. What in your opinion is truth? I believe it is the objective order of the universe (e.g. something is red because of the wavelength of the visible light it reflect, or a man is male due to his XY genotype, simple examples). How do these laws come about without design? I don't mean that as a rhetorical question, either, I genuinely am interested in an answer

Exactly brother

In the real world, people don't give a shit about rules and morals.
And if someone wants to be a good person, it won't be because religion told them to be.

In any case, Christianity is cucked to hell. "Turn the other cheek" is the most bluepilled philosophy of all time.

Also
>forgetting the rest of the Bible
>forgetting the evil, violence and brutality that happens in both the Old and New Testament in the name of religion

>If atheists claim that there is no set design, then by their logic there there musn't be truth.

Give back the extra chromosome and get the fuck out of here.

T.Boris "I know shit about history and expect you to spoodfed my ignorance " Ivanov

Boris , you are a disgrace to your own country please off yourself

I love this. You are now demanding that we have to disprove your positive assertion.

Please tell me some more about how a talking bush gave Moses the foundations for all morality.

>Getting this triggered after seeing the poll involving religious leaning on pol

You really should consider killing yourself, Christcuck. How does it feel to willingly praise a jew? I bet you'd suck Jesus' dick if you could, you delusional retard

Dropped
Ridicule is not an argument.

I mean I feel like a lot of people on Sup Forums find the idea of God incredulous but it's pretty obvious that we need some sort of moral code equipped with a punishment system.

Religion works by simply suggesting a moral code. Punishment for breaking it isn't immediate and isn't harsh so people aren't openly rebelling against God for punishing them harshly. Also it offers people prestige and power if they adhere to it strictly, but redemption if they don't.

Is everything random? Then how can there be the laws of physics? Or do the laws just happen to exist for no reason what so ever?

Please answer me because I have never seen a reasonable answer to this question

The burden of proof is on theists to explain why God exists. This is not the purpose of the post

The purpose is for atheists to account for the deficiencies of logic and loopholes in their world view. I am curious

I haven't seen the poll, and I don't particularly care, I just love it when atheists claim to be logical yet most fail to even defend their own beliefs while being so aggressive in asserting that they are right

You cannot prove a negative statement.
Might as well be saying "Prove my intangible, invisible pet T-rex does not exist."

If it is impossible to prove that it exists, then it would be impossible to prove that it does not exist. Thus, it would be dumb to come to a conclusion one way or another until proof of such a case truly did exist, however Occam's razor makes it more reasonable to think that God might as well not exist until we DO come across something that would prove otherwise.

Christianity has its cultural values, though I can't fucking stand it when Jehovah-Witness tier faggots start bitching on a thread about Gawd and how he does exist on his alternate plane of existence in the clouds, etc.

You are closer to that of a wishful thinker following a set of ideals given to you by a stupid book than you are a wise man thinking for himself, about the world around them.

>my religion is the sacred and only truth
>all other religions are obviously and laughably wrong
can you really not see why this is dumb?

Religion doesn't answer the great philosophical questions associated with the coming of existence. Neither does athiesm. I'm contempt with knowing I have free will and the responsibilities associated with it. I have faith that living a "good" life will benifet me in the afterlife if applicable. Because humans have these questions they can either A) adopt a false belief with no evidence B) Sulk and be lonely with muh existential anxiety C) man up and create your destiny for the betterment of your spiritual learning and growing.

My ideas probably aren't far from yours but you can't prove to me religion is no more than a human construct to find solace when staring at stars. Some athiests are assholes trying to prove the religious are wrong to save them from their ignorance but both sides cannot be proven because no one knows. I do get pissy when someone forces religion on me

Agreed. In the end it doesn't particularly matter if you believe in X or Y and all the specifics - but if through reason we can generate such a system you described and make a better world

I believe certain religions hold truth to them, and we can learn from them. Truth is truth, always, no matter where it originates from.

>implying you are likely immoral without religion

Yeah, no
Just because sunday school says its "real" does not mean it is real.

>Atheism endorses critical thinking

You people are a fucking meme

Your religion ridicules itself.

I explicitly said that there is truth to religion and we can learn from it. Using reason as a control measure to assess truth (whether it be from a philosopher, a religion or wherever) will help us to inform ourselves and come to our own decisions

Critical thinking is the devils work amen.

>What good has ever come out of atheism?
For individuals it can be philosophically beneficial but society does seem to require religion.
Didn't read any further.

Living a good life is perfectly attainable through understanding the true nature of the world (through reason) and applying it in to your actions. The idea that you have to be religious to be moral is retarded. However, I believe the function of religion isn't to be "this is the answer" - but rather - "here is an aspect of the truth, and it is up to you to use your gift of reason to assess it and validate whether or not it is true". If it is true, then apply it (along with your other principles) to live a better life. If it isn't, discard it and carry on with your life.

People who take things dogmatically (religious or atheist) without questioning them are the problem. All people are looking for truth and good, and if one way works for one, let it be

Atheism is a lack of theism. It is literally "not theism". It is simply incorrect to think atheism says anything meaningful to itself and those who do think so are just trying to popularize or buying a positivist meme.

I know more about history of my country than you do, thank you.
Unfortunately, history is written by winners (e.g. nowadays there are conservative orthodox powers in Russia, so they rewrite history as they wish, they even tamper with classical works like Pushkin's "Tale of Pope and his workman Balda").
So I'm left to believe my own experience only. And it tells me that religion was safe in USSR, just not as promoted and funded as today or during the tzar era.
My mom and many of her co-workers were open believers back then, and noone had any problem There were small churches in rural towns (though without as much gold and shine as today) and lots of individual preachers who organized semi-underground meetings all the time. I guess the communist party just didn't care about religion much. Even rock bands were treated much more strictly back then (e.g. you could be frowned upon for wearing long hair but not for wearing a cross).