How Can the Government Stop Suicide in Prison?

This is actually a major problem in the West. There are prisoners committing suicide and the asshole guards don't do anything about it. Some are suggesting more guards, more cameras, some even suggesting a vital detector that monitors vitals so if a prisoner is attempting suicide they can rush guards in. Also a good idea is hire more psychiatrists in prisons.

youtube.com/watch?v=tP-k47rIIyA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yqQa_0gM6hg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Two days in a row? Honestly leaf?

They can start by acknowledging the rape problem but they won't because "men can't be raped".

Who cares

allow all inmates to receive voluntary assisted suicide at will

no more need for inmates hanging themselves, problem solved

Dude don't pull a Ad Hoc fallacy on me. We aren't talking about that right now.

IDK maybe the fucking Prime Minister, Harper said what happened was "not ok" and Trudeau is going to spend more money to look for a solution.

Dude what you just said was extremely fucked up. Assisted Suicide is only for if you are terminally ill.

>prisoners kill themselves
>no longer have to spend tax dollars to feed them, house them, clothe them, and supervise them
I don't see a problem here.

is there anythiung more cucked than caring about prisoner rights? You know they'd fuck your girlfriend in a second if they could, and she would probably going along with it because its a hot cool sexy alpha male thing to be a convict.

why should it be stopped? suicide is not always wrong

The statistics are not conclusive on the subeject of psychiatrists preventing suicides, it is estimated that most psychiatricist kill more people through wrong prescriptions of anti depression medication, than they would "kill" people by not doing anything. You could discuss about, wheather or not wanting to leaf this world shoul be a personal decision or not, idenpendly from the irrationality of doing so.

Lives are worth at least 100x more than the money it takes to keep them in there. Stop thinking about your personal bank account for once in your life.

So because you're insecure about your personal sex life prisoners shouldn't have rights? That is the most fucked up thing I've ever heard.

You literally disgust me.

>is there anythiung more cucked than caring about prisoner rights?

Being a leaf

nobody fucking cares about prisoners you fags lmao let em rot

This isn't some anti-drug company tinfoil conspiracy thread. This is about real social issues and is what Sup Forums was originally for discussing. No portraitists don't kill people with drugs, although alternative medicine propaganda does.

Then why did Stephen Harper give an entire speech shaming the guards for what they did and Trudeau is going to spend more money solving this problem?

>implying they actually care
>Implying they aren't just saying that to not look like a dick

The state probably prefers prisoners suicide. It's cheaper.

I'd rather just shoot them down with a firing line and call it a day.

Why stop it? Instead we should give them all a noose in their cell and let them hang themselves if they want, saves money and if they honestly want to die who are we to stop them?

get in the bug pit convict filth. let the scorpions eat your eyes out from your skull

>Lives are worth at least 100x more than the money it takes to keep them in there.
*in my opinon
FTFY, not all of us want the government forecfully redistributing our hard earned wealth to feed convicted felons.

And what right do you have to deny somebody the right to take their own life? If they want to end it that's their choice and it's none of your fucking business you fucking leaf. The idea that you can tell somebody when they can or can't die is beyond authoritarian.

>Implying they aren't just saying that to not look like a dick
Oh but I thought "no one gave a fuck"? If no one gives a fuck why do they even waste time giving a speech about it?

>The state probably prefers prisoners suicide. It's cheaper.
Then why do prisons go through so much training to stop it? Why does the government spend so much money making sure it's happening? Trudeau is going to spend so much money to prevent this he doesn't give a fuck if it bankrupts all Canadian companies he understands lives are worth more.

That's fucked up, really fucked up. I'm not even responding.

Are there different tiers in American prisons? Are all the violent types kept together?

Because if so, if that is where the rape and suicide is coming from, then who cares?

This. Prisoners have rights too, OP. If they wish to kill themselves, who are we to tell them what to do with their lives? Stop oppressing those poor prisoners!

>a man makes the decision to end his life
>this is somehow not okay, and should be stopped
What crime are they committing? Damaging federal property?
If you're looking at 10 years of your life in a box, and NOTHING to return to once you get out, fuck yeah kill yourself

>monitoring vital signs

The 2 most common methods of suicide in prison are hanging and slit writs/ throats.
A person who hangs themselves, if revived, would be pretty much brain dead.
This is on top of a possible crushed larynx, or broken neck
Someone who bleeds out, ditto.

>FTFY, not all of us want the government forecfully redistributing our hard earned wealth to feed convicted felons
I agree, some of the population is psychopathic

>And what right do you have to deny somebody the right to take their own life? If they want to end it that's their choice and it's none of your fucking business you fucking leaf. The idea that you can tell somebody when they can or can't die is beyond authoritarian.
It's a European tradition for at least 3000 years. Socrates wrote about how he thought it was great that the government had suicide illegal. I thought you alt-right folk loved European tradition.

so you're saying problems are literally fixing themselves? and thats bad?

canada you're seriously like the worst country ever to have existed

>Because if so, if that is where the rape and suicide is coming from, then who cares?
Rape is mainly in the maximum security but there are still suicides in many prisons. It's also fucked how you judge their lives by a mistake they made in their past.

>OP. If they wish to kill themselves, who are we to tell them what to do with their lives? Stop oppressing those poor prisoners!
No one has that right.

>What crime are they committing?
It's always been a crime to commit suicide

>The 2 most common methods of suicide in prison are hanging and slit writs/ throats.
Ban any sharp objects and remove anything the bed sheets can be attacked to on the roof, use those lights that are within the wall. Problem fucking solved.

People dying is always a problem.

>What are meta studies and power analysis
>what is Cochrane
>Who is Peter C. Goetzsch
Studied statistics and I know my shit. Go through meta analysis yourself, if you don't believe me.

>goverment
>prisoners
Lel
Idiot fuck these weak retards

DON'T DO THE CRIME

IF

YOU

CAN'T

DO

THE

TIME

How does meta analysis make you a richer person intellectually? Why on earth would you take that.

>supposed to go to jail for 1 night
>end up staying 3 years because judicial system is broken

Can you actually become a prisoner in that game or is it just a mod?

Most of them work out everyday. They are stronger than you dumbass.

Some of them have been oppressed and are left with no other options

Just a mod

THIS!

That's because you don't actually control your own life. You are just a machine to be used up, killing yourself is the ultimate exercise in freedom.

Mod, but I think multiplayer just added it as a game mode or something too.

that's retarded, we are entitled to self determination as sapient beings.

Anyone should be free to kill them self if they want to

>It's also fucked how you judge their lives by a mistake they made in their past.

If they're in a proper prison, they were of adult age, and knew whatever they were doing was wrong. Once you murder or beat someone without provocation, you are a piece of shit for life as far as I am am concerned

This. Suicide being illegal is the really fucking retarded.

Prisoners should be given access to the best most humane suicide options medical science can offer on demand no questions asked. Commercials encouraging suicide should run regularly on all prison tv.

Idk how to stop it outright but you could at least reduce the numbers by not locking people away over stupid bullshit or generally having a really shitty an inefficient justice system, cause getting your life ruined over BS beyond your control would sure as hell make me depressed and consider a way out. Also, if we do that then there's less congestion in the prison system and thus more resources to use on the remaining prisoners.

>HAHA FUCK YOU MOM AND DAD WHY DO YOU CARE ABOUT THOSE FREAAKS IN PRISON HAHA IF ONLY YOU WERE A TRUE INTELLECTUAL LIKE ME EVEN THOUGH MOST GREAT THINKERS THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAD COMPASSION FOR PRISONERS :^)

t.pol

If the government doesn't care about humans they would allow suicide since suicidal humans aren't productive

No it's a crime. It was never allowed in the civilized world.

Almost all murders have provocation.

>spend more money on prisons
good post leaf
youtube.com/watch?v=yqQa_0gM6hg

>person commits a serious crime
>gets to sit in a comfy cell for the months, years, or the rest of their life with free food, clothes, and often entertainment
>all while the good, law-abiding citizens toil to fund it
There is literally no way for you to spin this. It's theft at best.

>no no no silly prisoners, I get to decide when you die. you don't know what's best for you, but I do!
I find your lack of understanding of the feelings of others and their free will to be far more indicative of a mental illness than my apathy

>Almost all murders have provocation.

not justifiable provocation, otherwise they wouldn't be in prison

THEY'RE CRIMINALS

THEY DESERVE DEATH

ONE OF OUR KEY FUCKING PROBLEMS IS THAT WE DON'T FUCKING PUNISH CRIMINALS ENOUGH

>its illegal cuz its illegal don't question your masters, Goyim :^)
Not what i asked, maplefuck.
Explain to me how my voluntary decision to end my own existence invades the rights or safety of you or anybody else.
I want you to explain the reasoning for its illegality

i work at a jail. at the end of the day you can run perfect shifts and rotation of officers, but inmates spend their who days observing. they'll know it take 5 minutes for the officer to walk past them on rounds. medication and psychs are the way to go

Well obviously the brightest minds in law, philosophy, medicine, and politics have disagreed with you since 1000BC in Europe. LOL

THIS! Explains Sup Forums so well.

I say let them do it. But make it so it's hard for the to kill them self so they have to make it really painful

>Lives are worth at least 100x more than the money it takes to keep them in there
Some lives are worth more than others. For example, Thomas Edison's life objectively produced exponentially more real world value and positive change than random Africa nigger #38,557,148,723

Also, there's no way you could argue that paralyzed human vegetables even have the capacity to make a return on society's investment of keeping them technically alive. Criminals are the same way, only worse because they are a severe net loss (damaging human and resource capital) compared to a minor net loss (producing nothing).

separate the violent ones from the non violent ones.
I would quarantine the murderers off on their own segregated commune, let them be violent. One less animal having the potential to be running down the streets my wifes sun walks on.

If they want to commit suicide we should be able to help them do it in a less painful way

OP Makes me proud of being a monkey
KYS Leaf cuck,prisoners deserves a firing squad or a gas chamber

>I thought you alt-right folk loved European tradition.

I)Ha, no.

II) We are not the alt-right. The only people who are are the people who made up the name.

Now please go commit suicide.

LET THEM KILL THEMSELVES

Video games in every cell

Why should we? Degenerate criminals removing themselves from the gene pool sounds like a win for society, famalam.

I totally agree that we don't enforce the law enough that's why prison populations are declining worldwide for serious offenses

Oh wait the exact opposite is true you crumpet munching homo

That's why you don't have private prisons dumbfuck

>making it sound like prison is comfy while working class men have it hard.
Even the poorest people don't suffer as much as prisoners

>I find your lack of understanding of the feelings of others and their free will to be far more indicative of a mental illness than my apathy
I believe in free will, however they decisions are not there own, when someone is suicidal it is due to chemicals in the brain.

A guy in Canada shot an intruder and was in prison for 10 years.

>No it's a crime. It was never allowed in the civilized world.
Yeah and neither was fucking men in the ass, and yet here you are

>remove rights and freedoms as punishment
>now want to include right to self-extermination

This is the new version of Canadian shit posting and I dont like it. Fuck you faggot OP kill yourself you disgusting maggot.

Sup Forums isn't one person dumbass

I'm not intrested in money and I studied multiple subjects. Just for fun and intellectual curiosity. The human brian is a mystery to any honest scientist, if I speak in simple terms we can step on the gas or on the breaks, those who think there a scientifically proofed methods in this field are mostly wrong, but placebo affects still work.

>This is actually a major problem in the West. There are prisoners committing suicide
>problem

How is this a problem?

Hmmm, that can be construed as cruel and unusual punishment.

I do still think that prisons should have euthanasia options open for all prisoners - especially lifers with no parole.

You still haven't given any reason for it.
>implying illegal = crime
Also what about the cultures where suicide was seen as an honorful way to die? By means of taking life into your own hands

^^ there are

There is a certain point at which suicide has to be respected as part of human dignity. Would it be good if the subject spent the rest of his life in an edgless cordless Skinner box under total surveillance? That would be a significant step down even from a prison cell.

>Lives are worth at least 100x more than the money it takes to keep them in there.
Why? Maybe for people who contribute to society positively, but serious criminals are a net detractor.

Shit man! Were's the nearest convenience store?!

It invades the rights and saftey of your well being and life. It is against the charter to harm another human even your own. We have the RIGHT to live, allowing suicide would take that away.

Allow them to kill themselves. We get rid of criminals and we don't have to pay as much

Execute all violent offenders and 12 hour days of hard labor for the rest should do it.

>Some lives are worth more than others. For example, Thomas Edison's life objectively produced exponentially more real world value and positive change than random Africa nigger #38,557,148,723
So stealing Teslas idea, burning the blueprints to make the wardenclyffe tower, making a shit ton of money off something that should have been free is worth more than a free healthy African?

>I believe in free will, however they decisions are not there own
are you fucking retarded? And why do you get to decide this for them? Even for a leaf, this is too much. This has to be bait.

>when someone is suicidal it is due to chemicals in the brain.
Everything is due to chemicals in the brain you tard. Your love for government cock in your ass is just a dopamine addiction.

Just make it illegal.

>Also, there's no way you could argue that paralyzed human vegetables even have the capacity to make a return on society's investment of keeping them technically alive
Bitch they bring value to their family

We need to spend prison money on programs that keep people from getting there in the first place.
>Education
>Govt. work programs
>Community improvements
>Early intervention for minors

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root." -Henry David Thoreau

right != duty

>Ha no
That's the basis of the alt-right

>We are not alt-right
You love Bush, Israel, military shit, white people culture, patriarchal culture, you are alt-right.

I think we can prevent many suicides...;

...be reinstating the death penalty

So we have the right to live but not the right to die?
That undermines the entire point of free will

Sup Forums is no place to joke.

>giving a shit about criminal scum offing themselves
It should be encouraged desu. Saves taxpayer money.

Not everyone in the slammer is a greasy motherfucker
Plenty of innocents get thrown in, we all know how easy it is for a woman's word to get a man put away without evidence. The justice system itself is entirely focused on putting as many people away as possible instead of determining wether or not they're guilty.
And some places, just visiting the wrong websites or saying the wrong things can get you tossed in.

>gene pool
Criminals are not criminals by genes it's society forcing them to be one

>I totally agree that we don't enforce the law enough that's why prison populations are declining worldwide for serious offenses
SUUUUUUUUUUURe

I'm against gay marriage. I hate homophobia but I believe in the Bible more than anything else. It says human life is worth more than money

What in the bait?

Make a law against it!

He's messing with you. No one is that dumb.

You are disgusting

Human lives are dying.

>suicide is bad
>at least half the people in prison are there for non-violent crimes
Assisted suicide should be entirely legal, christcucks fuck off.

more human conditions for supermax