Aus/pol/ - Ausfailia General

RIP Payless Shoes edition.

abc.net.au/news/2016-12-14/payless-shoes-to-close-in-australia/8120754

Which store will close next? Big W? Myer?

The Fendippitous Eggmen are returning soon.

I was just getting in a staunch argument!

So hot poor kangawallaby needs a drink.

>comparing payless to coles

All in favor of deporting abos to tasmania say aye

>tfw we'll have to buy Coles brand shoes

Dick Smith, Masters, Pumpkin Patch have all closed in recent months. Retail is dying in this country.

nay, Tasmania is the white man's land.

IGA is getting stomped

nah I meant myer, I had to look up whether they were still co-owned and got confused like a shitcunt

How do we turn back the yellow tide?

Nah

tasmania is already the freeloading state...

No chance mate, no other country would take em.

And its all that gosh darn internet's fault, not the retarded import costs and the obscene rent charged to retailers that makes buying something online and having it shipped from the other side of the planet cheaper than going to shops

Myer is closing stores left right and centre. I don't think Myer will vanish completely, but I wouldn't be surprised if they closed all their stores except the ones in the CBDs. Same with DJ's.

These died because of retarded practices by the companies, though.

god damn this gay shit better not come back

is that in stockland shellhabour

Thoughts on this, lads?

This pretty much
Christmas will keep a few struggling retailers afloat til early next year

But shopping is a pain in the ass most of the time

>the economy is so fucked event a discount chain has failed

Its from a comedy show

there's literally no fucking way to make a retail stores competitive with an online store. first of all, it's not shipped from the other side of the planet, it's usually shipped from within a couple hundred miles. second of all, even shipping from across the world is cheaper than the associated costs of running a store.

Its a very weak insult, if it could even be called one

Don't give the cunt attention

Pretty sure he's wearing NSW POlice uniform.

who else here loves waleed ali?

Your wife's son does

I was basing it off an article I read a while back where retailers over here were trying to get online purchases/imports taxed in order to be competitive instead of trying to overturn the laws that fucked them over in the first place.

gay cunt

I'm actually a fan, mostly because he pisses off Steve Price who is an absolute CUNT.

Brick and mortar stores should be working on training their sales assistants to be better at their jobs. I often get staff at these stores talking to me in a rude manner or failing to assist appropriately. Every time I'm dissatisfied with the customer service, I resolve to never shop there again and instead buy whatever I would from that store online. I don't need to deal with pricks when purchasing online, so why would I choose to do it in person?

you fuckin little shit you bruised the mullet. pull your fuckin head in cunt.

Payless was shit.

I hope Target goes but they look like they get a lot of feminazi business.

Fucking have a go cunt

you cunts better get ready for next year, amazon is starting up a fresh foods delivery service and is moving a certain amount of their normal services to australia locally.

local warehouses, local stores, local everything.

oh, and they're looking at all current store prices and are just permanently lowering their prices by 30%. so if you pay 40 bucks for a pair of shoes at a local store you'll probably pay something like 28-30 dollars at amazon.

That's just young people. A lot of them just need a punch in the head.

That's why retailers prefer to hire shitskins. They're more polite.

China's History
>Sit on a huge land of resources, yet fail to harness any of it
>Be in a relatively stable geographical location, free from invasions up until the mongols
>Invent literally nothing, except "muh gunpowder n shiet" despite having a society that encouraged scientific and cultural pursuits, while european scientists and inventors were getting torched at stakes.
>Build a completely useless wall, that many souless chinks helped build, only to claim that it's "muh culture" 1500 years later
>get btfo'd by steppe niggers
>get btfo'd by a LITERAL plant, chinks think they can can control the world but can't even handle a shit tier drug
>Get into a civil war, more souless chinks sacrificed in the name of Communism
>Despite that their relatives have died because of it, chinks worship their manlet leader and literally think they are the best country in the world just because they can't afford condoms
>devoid of any creative talent, chinks proceed to steal, copy and street shit since the "liberalization" of their fetus and dog soup market in the 1980's
>Have 1.357 BILLION people but only have 13 Nobel prizes, half of Australia's winners(Australia has 26 million people, which is less than 1/100th of China's population.)
>chinks cry about(muh High IQ, when they can't even gain entrance to shitty western universities without cheating.
>So cucked, that even the most beta, weak, and ugly white men can fuck chinese 10/10's.

Whenever I go into my local Target, I remark at how empty the place looks. The store seems to be in a constant state of disarray, too. I walked into the video game section the other day, which was a complete mess, but there were three staff members there just chatting very loudly about their weekend plans for a very long time.

shoes don't sound like fresh food to me

ill fuckin knock you on your hole cunt

>delivery service
The problem with online services is they never deliver to where I live.

You need to live in the big cities. Shit sucks.

is that why NSW has the 2 most important cities

t. Boomer

Wouldn't you be pissed if your rent costs $250 a week and you only earn $300

local produce as well?
not just vegies and meat but long life stuff?

if so that's pretty cool

Lel that's gonna be sick.

With retail a lot of the cost is simply the rents the retailers have to pay to people like Westfield. It costs somthing like 1k a week just to rent a small shop and Westfield takes a cut of the profits too.

Retail is ripe for a massive ass fuck.

I've noticed that too. There's always huge empty spaces and sometimes entire aisles are nearly empty.

hello aussies friends

how's it going down there?

You'd wanna fuck off cunt, quick smart

Yeah, nah, I'll cave your silly looking head in with a cricket bat cunt.

Fuck NSW

>amazon

oh god. Amazon is hell to work for. Until they automate their distribution centres like some in the states then hardly anyone will be working

Not good. Shit's about the hit the fan economically.

I honestly don't understand why the major retailers didn't get to together and say "fuck these kikes we're going to pool our shit together and make our own shopping centre".

>he doesn't eat elongated spider testicles baked at 500C to make them extra crisp purchased from the sportswear department
baka

but seriously they're doing a fresh foods service to get a foot into the market and they're also going to supply other non food items, so you don't have to order from the US.

from what i've read they're slamming down warehouses in regional areas too.

i'm looking forward to it, it starts in late 2017 iiirc.

bezos was asked about his policy and he said something along the lines of "your margin is my opportunity", shit's gonna be great.

they probably will automate. that or they'll get in bed with the unions.

Where's this? Mine is on the northern beaches. It looks like it does ok, but every time I go to the checkouts I get filthy looks from the bitter middle aged feminist women working them so I avoid the place now.

"... and share the profits?"
HA!

No not share the profits but at least they wouldn't be getting fucked over with the rent.

>they'll get in bed with the unions.

Oh Jesus Christ

Because they're competitors? Coles, Aldi and Woolworths aren't going to work together, nor are Myer and David Jones or Big W, Target and Kmart.

>American
You don't seem to understand that it can be just as expensive to order shit online than it is to purchase from a retail store in Australia.

When are you cucks going to get rid of the liberals

Also what happens when Amazon moves in and literally every retail store closes

>Having to use a weapon
Why not bring your handbag and pepper spray as well, princess.

You seriously need to go punch your mom in the face for letting you get circumcised as a babby.

>When are you cucks going to get rid of the liberals

2019, the alternative is hardly any better though.

>Also what happens when Amazon moves in and literally every retail store closes

There's not much we can do unfortunately.

fuck you i hope your mum gets cancer and dies
why is that?

I don't get it.

my wife's son likes Pauline Hanson

>Video Ezy and Blockbuster have outlasted Payless Shoes

Who would've thought?

Labor is worse in lots of ways. I wouldn't put it past them to do a Merkel. Then tax the shit out of us and give them all 150k jobs in the newly created government department of niggers and their blue haired white girlfriends.

Well it makes no difference to me really, they could all vanish and it wouldn't give a single fuck.

Big chains like that are considered anchor stores. They get favorable rental rates

If malls didn't have those anchor stores no one would go there

Anyone want to do a aus/pol/ kriskringle?

Yes.

No thanks ASIO.

I would lmao. You'd think retail was like creating a google or a Microsoft given our attitude to it and how much it gets pampered by the government.

How on earth do those stores still exist? They must be a money laundering front, surely.

Who else /Asian/ here?

What a disgusting, racist bigot you raised.

S A D
A
D

Accurate. 100%.

Sydney pls.

The govt needs to keep retail on life support at least. Imagine how many people would (will) be out of a job if (when) Amazon takes over

What's wrong with Sydney?

No, but you're close. Does it strike you as odd as all the ones which aren't in rural areas with absolutely no decent Internet infrastructure are run by wealthy Chinese expats?

I'm not ASIO but whoever I get in the Kriskringle I'm going to get them the box set to Lena Dunham's compelling tv series 'Girls'

Australians hate working in the service industry. It's not in their nature.

Hell just shut it all down. Its not like our economy is based off anything worthwhile anyway.

the unemployment situation is pretty bad, yankbro. We're getting hit hard with outsourcing, manufacturing closing, and (((skilled immigration))) which isn't recognized when they get here, shitting up the bottom of the labour market.

I've heard there are 19 applicants for every one (((casual))) position advertised. To make ends meet you'd need to snag at least 2 of these (((casual))) jobs.

hahah
you're a fucking funny cunt
yeah mate and i'm a drop bear
Asians aren't real

Target in the 90's was reasonable. Today its awful, I would prefer Big W and K-mart to survive over Target.

Shame your parents vaccinated. Many such cases

Stay in Sydney.

Kmart is the fucking bomb now. Guy Russo really fucking did a great job turning that company around.

Woolworths needs to poach their own Guy to turn around Big W. That thing is heading for closure and liquidation at this rate. Revenue cancer.

I don't shop at or care about Target.

t. Mrs Waleed

But what the hell else do we have?

Faggot.

Aussies can handle losing Target. Only welfare mums still shop there anyway.
I don't want to lose Harvey Norman! I need that place for when I'm actually making enough money to shop there.
One day, one day I will buy one of their entire bedroom displays...

>I need that place for when I'm actually making enough money to shop there.

So you willingly pay double and sometimes triple the price of things just because you can?

K-mart, holy shit, you dingos still have thos?

Fucked if I know. I'm trying to line up a job involved in raw materials or food to China. That's the only growth industry going and the only one that wont be automated to all fuck like the service industry is going to be.