Is the electoral college broken?

Hillary is winning by almost 2.9 million votes now...

This is insane. She got as many votes as Obama in 2012 and still lost.

We need to get rid of the electoral college NOW.

Other urls found in this thread:

detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2016/12/12/records-many-votes-detroits-precincts/95363314/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Fendippitous Eggmen are returning soon.

Fuck off popularityfag.

>
fuck you fag get outta my country you freeloading scumbag.

Go ahead and try removing the college fuckface. Who're you going to lobby to do it? The Republicans who won everything? Tears don't mean power.

>"Liberals" really think the President of a huge diverse country like the USA should be picked by only California

>4 million from Cali alone
>Popular vote from every other state has Trump winning

We live in a republic for a reason, pure democracy is poison. If anything Hillary is an example of why we need to keep the EC.

Hillary is gonna shit herself on live tv, nigger. Also you are a humongeous faggot who should be castrated.

There are 12 million illegal immigrants estimated in the united states, probably more. Do the math and don't forget to factor in recent change of ID not being required to cast a vote in certain cities.

No. It protects me from you. Why are you so oppressive, libshits? Arent you supposed to be against coersion?

>Boo-hoo, we lost by the rules we knew full well about, and didn't complain about one iota until after we lost! Change the rules!

>shills still mad that we are number one this election

She won California by 4,269,978. The electoral college did everything it was designed to do.

I wake up everyday and PRAY that Cali is detached from the rest of the United States.

The US is a federated republic you fucking mong. True democracy is mob rule, never has worked in history.

She lost. Get over it.

Hillary gets more votes than voter
In demy controlled Detroit
Hmmm let's use popular vote

The electoral college probably needs some re-tinkering, but it shouldn't be axed wholesale. Burgerland uses a proportional democratic system so that no small group of like 2 or 3 states can dictate the direction of the rest of the states against their wishes, which is exactly what would happen if the college was removed (basically NYC and LA would crown the president every election cycle).

Like I said, the exact college numbers per state should probably be rejiggered a bit to reflect current population numbers per state, but the core concept is sound.

>campaign strategy is to get out the minority vote
>decide to get out the vote in solid blue states
bravo democrats

Is the popular vote still going up? Why the fuck haven't they counted all the votes yet?

Threadly reminder that we are a democratically elected republic. States have rights.

No one would be complaining if the electoral collage was in Hillary's favor

>What is the US Census?
Idiot.

Honestly I think states should split there electors, we have what two states that do now, I'm in pa and most of the time the election is decided by Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, but I think the dems would never recover

>Why do states have equal representation?
>We should just abolish the Senate!

ayylmao

huh....

>We need to get rid of the electoral college NOW.
You should have changed the rules of the game before it started, don't complain you lose if you play by the bad rules.

The Democrats knew exactly how the electoral college worked going into the election, to lose by less than 100,000 votes is their own fault. Obama had no problem in 2008 and 2012, he won Pence's home state in '08 ffs.

Didn't a major news outlet estimate the # of illegal voters to be in the 3+ million range?

Dems must've been those kids who threw a tantrum and turned the table over when they lost a board game.

This. It'd require an amendment, which is even more slanted towards the states.

Mob Rule

in 49 states Trump won pop. vote by 2 million.

Fuck California

Voters in Commiefornia and Jew York have absolutely no place deciding what goes on in middle America

There ARE typical blue voters in these states that voted red, Oklahoma didn't go 100% red by coincidence. Maybe the Democrats should actually give a fuck about small America

there are only 538 votes that count
among those voters hillary got utterly btfo
this is the way the rules have been for hundreds of years
hillary has known how it works for decades
no fucking excuses
she spent twice as much money and still lost because she is fucking incompetent
and that includes the fraud in detroit and letting millions of illegal alien non-citizens vote in california
>mfw the democrats were cheating and they still lost

It's another retard that doesn't know the difference between a democracy and a constitutional republic

I would suggest getting rid of the electoral college but keeping electoral votes.The votes would be decided by state and by amount of population by state but without having to pass trough a shadowy elite that can vote in any way their balls command them to.

Electoral college works as advertised. The United States is more than just California.

Can't tell if CTR or bait....

You want to win based on population? Leave the fucking Union. Adios California and New York. You will NOT be deciding the fate of this country for the rest of us. Good riddance I might add as well.

next time don't stack illegal and black votes in the city

spread them out. it's not that fucking difficult. but congrats, now every 3 in 5 Democrats want to move to either LA or NY so you can have fun winning two states and circlejerking with each other

>Hillary is winning by almost 2.9 million votes now...
Most of which came from California.
>This is insane. She got as many votes as Obama in 2012 and still lost.
Cause she didn't win the states Obama did
We need to get rid of the electoral college NOW.
No the EC is functioning as intended.
Also pic very related

I can see what are the benefits of the electoral votes (pic related), but to me it seems that the electoral college is a redundant piece of the system.

It's fucking bait. Please Sup Forums, stop fucking responding to this obvious shit. You fucking retards are turning this board into trash.

California should secede, and USA should take it's western border

stay out of my country

It isn't even remotely close to half the population, far more people lives in red

It's ok sweety, just pass the Cheerios please.

The United States would crumble if it was run by a mob rule system.

Haha, Nope! You get NOTHING. You don't get to steal my money anymore, you don't get to force me to call you by your made-up nonsense pronounces, you don't get to change the rules.

You LOST and you lost BADLY and your HUMILIATION has only just begun.

They added a million again? Didn't they the memo that the Recount in PA, WI, and MI failed?

It was made so the many wouldn't be able to abuse the few as the mob mentality inherent in democracy is directly opposed to the concept of individual rights

More people live in New York City than North and South Dakota, Minnesota, and Nebraska combined. Add all of the other major cities and you got a majority.

>black pawn on back row of black side

>electoral college works astonishingly well this election (states determine the president and the people determine the legislative branch)
>liberals bitch and moan about it after 8 years of Obama's failure to accomplish anything and degredation of USA's geopolitical status
sounds about right

The state of California should decide all elections too. It is the only state that matters.

>California should be the only state that matters in the U.S.
Nah.

>You don't get to steal my money anymore,
Hate to break it to you, but taxes are apolitical, largely.

>Fucking losers still counting for no reason..

California numbers where supposed to be the legitimizing factor after they cheated Trump out the win.

Obamacare

Or THEN?

You need to get rid of ballot stuffing Democrats more likely.

No.
/thread

Sage and gay.

Apparently Hillary's team wasn't briefed on the Constitution prior to the election. They thought the popular vote was all that mattered.

Or Maybe Donna Brazile is a fucking retard nigger.

The year is 2036, and Hillary is still not the fucking president, but the butthurt continues.

All democracy is poison, idiot.

>30% of the US economy
>you'd starve without it
>insult it for being "liberal"
>implying californians think about you at all

lol

There is zero reason anyone should still be counting at this point.

This shit is embarrassing.

>waah

8 years.

The Electoral College ensures that the winning candidate has the best distribution of support. The popular vote is just the accumulation of votes.

Gib me dat vote don't count, you black cock sucking cunt

Muh popular vote
Muh Russian hackers
Fuck off losers

Why do you dumbfucks reply to these "1 post by this ID" threads?

>starve without it

Oh no, whatever will I do without my walnuts!

She lost fair and square. You want to retroactively repeal voting statutes? Sounds fashy.

those votes don't matter. Trump won the plurality of electoral votes in the right states.

Hollary lost, because she didn't.

The Electoral College worked just fine - your candidate didn't.

Get a better candidate.

I'm just going to say this as bluntly as possible:

I could not be more glad that traitorous cunt lost and I hope there is a Hell so she can burn endlessly and suck demon cock for all eternity.

detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2016/12/12/records-many-votes-detroits-precincts/95363314/

The only change that would not create complete turmoil is getting rid of the "winner takes all" rules that most of the states use. It would be a more accurate representation of states - and be worse for the dems, because many districts in CA and NY, liberal strongholds (where Hillary is getting the extra votes, too), they'd only get the city EC votes, and not the rural - ie Hillary would have to had actually campaigned in rural NY and CA.

It would also lengthen the amount of time for the results to come in.

But it would be fine to implement.

>starve without it
>Illinois has twice as much corn/soy output

Cali outputs lots of fruits and nuts. Nothing else, really.

working as intended.

Popular vote is entirely meaningless in a state-based system. Not that it doesn't ultimately matter, but it literally means nothing.

In safe states for a given party, the vote for the opposition party is suppressed as there's little point in voting.

Since the safe seats for the Democratic Party include some of the most populous states and cities in the US, this means you'll always see a massively skewed popular vote, since the massive but still losing support for the Republicans in those cities is suppressed.

Were it a pure popular vote election, the numbers would have been different, since the "safe state effect" would be nullified. You'd see a massive uptick in Republican voters in California and NY for example.

So stop going on about the popular vote. It's just so much noise.

>Still counting votes.

Fuck you guys are slow.

Van buys, Ca- largest Fap material production in the world

This.
Either a proportional or preferential system would result in a fairer system, making third parties more viable, minimizing the "safe state" effect, and would (in the current climate) mostly hurt the Democrats.

Petition To Stop Blaming All Of California For Everything That Goes Wrong In United States

What do people see in that fucking wench that they feel the need to vote for her in droves?

Not to mention, that EVEN IF they could enough of Congress to hold a Constitutional Convention (which is needed to change the Constitution), even IF by some miracle they had enough votes to do it, the change wouldn't be retro-active and Trump would still serve.

There's no undoing this election, without some serious evidence of wrongdoing to provoke the Senate nullifying the election (not happening). Even the White House is saying the election was fairly won.

Just give it up. She lost. Trump won. It's happening. Changing the rules now won't do shit. Stop being big fucking crybabies and stop throwing a tantrum already.

The only people who voted for Trump are rural and suburban retards.

City people all voted for Hillary.

>Brexit wins through direct democratic vote
>SEE THIS IS WHY THE PUBLIC SHOLDN'T GET TO VOTE THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN PARLIAMENT REEEEE

>Trump wins through electoral college, not popular vote
>OMG WHERE IS THE DEMOCRACY IN THAT??? POPULAR VOTE SHOULD BE THE DECIDER I'M LITERALLY SHAKING

How about compulsory voting on a national holiday. 4th July? Scrap the electoral college. Popular vote open to top 2 candidates from all parties.

She also took a fucking vacation in the most important month of the campaign, because she was passing out and falling over in public. She ignored key states, and spent all of her time and money chasing Trump, instead of leading.

Her and her people ran a horrible fucking campaign. PERIOD.

Not true. 8% of blacks voted for trump

Here's a question for you
(given the structure of the Union, you pretty much can't go straight to popular vote)
Would eliminating the college and moving to say preferential or proportional state based voting be a decent exchange for eliminating term limits on the presidency (and allowing Trump a potential 3rd term)? :)

>Starve without it

California is an agricultural nightmare. It lobbies so it can be allotted special growing rights, taking up even more water it doesn't have, when everything it grows could be more easily grown in Georgia.

Cali is a shithole

It's not a "shadowy elite", you dumb bag of rocks. The electors names are published, and everyone knows who they are. And, they can't just vote however they want, they sign a pledge to vote by the rules - and many states have laws that make it illegal to do so.

Clean up your own country, before running your mouth about ours - you want to talk about "shadowy elite", look at your own fucking government.

How does flyover state dick taste my man?

Why is the assumption that whomever wins the popular vote should be President a valid assumption to hold?