Tesla — $32 billion
SpaceX — $15 billion
Total — $3.074 trillion

>Over $3 Trillion of wealth in one room

youtube.com/watch?v=QOfRg6ngYoo

what do you think was discussed?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technocracy
revenuesandprofits.com/netflix-2015-revenues-profits-and-subscribers-growth-analysis/
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-05-04/youtube-said-to-plan-unplugged-online-tv-service-for-2017
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_(application)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halsey_Minor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

"Brother can you spare a dime?"

Noticeable absence

>Donald Trump did not meet Twitter because it 'refused to create a Crooked Hillary emoji'

REMOVE TRUMP SPAM

It makes no sense that a company like Apple is above Alphabet, IBM, Intel... Crazy. That won't stay for long.

Abd Facebook needs to die asap.

Honestly this is overdue. For years everyone was chasing banks with pitchforks demanding they they disgorge profits and go to jail. At the same time tech companies with few employees were sucking vast mounts of money out of the economy with "disruption". Now the biggest companies are all tech companies, but the number of employees they have is miniscule. You can't stop technological progress, but if you want a good target for populism, Apple's profits seem more appropriate than Goldman's

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technocracy
Mars colony and sex bots incoming. Thanks Don!

It was a 3+ hour meeting. I'm sure it ran the gamut of education, visas, infrastructure, investment, regulations. Can't be much that was missed.

Good to see them all in coats and ties.

Nothing the tech companies did would have been possible without favourable outsourcing laws and oceans of cheap capital from ZIRP.

Half of these men will be bankrupt in 5 years.

did any politician make something like this in the past? Is it common for burger presidents to have this kind of meeting?

Elon Musk and Travis Kalanick, the chief executives of Tesla and Uber, are joining US President-elect Donald Trump's new economic advisory board.

The two tech-transportation executives have been named as members of Trump's Strategic and Policy Forum, it was announced on Wednesday, alongside PepsiCo chairman and CEO Indra Nooyi.

>CEO Indra Nooyi.
>Indra Nooyi.

>POO

Having a round table is new. Presidents have met with captains of industry before.

good point about the role of interest rates during the zips

Did you guys see him do that fucking brohug with Kanye

Absolute bff

Still not buying Pepsi products. She can shove a bottle of that fizz up her cunt.

Yes because we have money unlike you faggots who can't even throw a proper Olympics

>Bros for life

Fucking crazy to have all those people in the same room, to be honest. Especially considering most of those companies are aggressively competing against each other.

>trumps awkward handshake
>trumps small vocabulary
>trumps lack of posture

Yep this meeting has fail written all over it

I'm sorry

Did Mark Cuckerberg attend the meeting?

>first order of business, I don't care what you do with the rest of the world, but from her on put you treat Americans like KANGZ

No (((Sheryl Sandberg))) aka the true leader of FB was there instead.

HOL UP HOL UP HOL UP

IZ U SAYIN

WE

That could have been lots of fun. Damn you Twitter for you not making Crooked Hillary emoji a thing.

We must DEMAND from the Trump administration an actionable timeline on domesticated catgirls. WE MUST HOLD TRUMP ACCOUNTABLE

Ok. There is no future for legal online video market, it can be free so it will be free. Youtube now have to compete with thousands of websites around internet, the day they implement paid membership all precious user base will flee to some russian or chinese website or even torrents.
Big Netflix biz, according to this article, generate some silly 100m profits at the end
revenuesandprofits.com/netflix-2015-revenues-profits-and-subscribers-growth-analysis/
And all this while they literally killing legal movie market with near zero royalties for content providers by the way. What's because they should to compete with free torrents. Myspace had precious great user base back in the days too, and it turned these millions of users not cost a shit in reality

WEW

where's the golden telephone?

Lol Facebook will not die anytime soon. It might even be the first trillion dollar evaluation, vs Apple or Amazon. It has information and data on billions of people, and know how to do targeted advertising extremely well.

Peter Thiel could take it down in an hour

>the myspace argument again

you're comparing a site with a billion users growing annually to a site that never even broke 200 million users.

also before smartphones were even invented. jesus christ

>There is no future for legal online video market, it can be free so it will be free.

There is no future for legal food market, it can be free so it will be free. people will just steal their food. nice and retarded argument again.

>the day they implement paid membership all precious user base will flee to some russian or chinese website or even torrents.

you misunderstood what their paid services are. right now they have:

Youtube Red ($10 per month) to get you no ads and offline viewing. all completely optional.

their new plan is for something called Youtube Unplugged:

>YouTube is working on a paid subscription service called Unplugged that would offer customers a bundle of cable TV channels streamed over the Internet, with most major media companies, including Comcast Corp.’s NBCUniversal, Viacom Inc., Twenty-First Century Fox Inc. and CBS Corp.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-05-04/youtube-said-to-plan-unplugged-online-tv-service-for-2017

>And all this while they literally killing legal movie market with near zero royalties for content providers by the way. What's because they should to compete with free torrents. Myspace had precious great user base back in the days too, and it turned these millions of users not cost a shit in reality

Wow sounds like what was happening to the music industry and streaming!

O WAIT:

For the first time ever, retail revenue from streaming services eclipsed revenue for digital downloads in 2015, according to the Recording Industry Association of America. Music fans are opening their wallets to pay for music subscription services, or listening to songs on free ad-supported platforms.

IDK, it looks an awful lot like the graph at early 2006.....
Everything dies eventually. Facebook isn't going downhill soon, but something will beat it.

that graph stopped in 2011

here is the up-to-date one

sure looks like it's slowing down lol

You really suck the cocks of those tech companies.

>There is no future for legal food market, it can be free so it will be free. people will just steal their food. nice and retarded argument again.
Internet is growing, and majority of web users already browsing from third world, and they will not pay a single cent to copyright holders. For example users in eastern europe torrent all their shit since 90-s till this day and never pay for software or music. So do you expect asians and africans to pay for music and videos online? Or do you think african government will raid them because copyright holders get butthurt? No, they would switch to their local torrents and free services. Eventually these local torrents and services will absorb western market and user base. This crazy legal video market born dead, don't generate significant profits today, will only decay later.
>retail revenue from streaming services eclipsed revenue for digital downloads in 2015
Both are memes on global market, not even close to pre-internet market profits.

. . . aww.

I know, right?

>you're comparing a site with a billion users growing annually to a site that never even broke 200 million users.
100 millions users in 2006 was like quarter of entire internet. Not an argument, they failed and no one regrets. Users just switched to another website.

This picture solidifies why MySpace died.

You moron, now you made him sad.

Look what you've done.

>spacex

what did they mean by this?

is that cuck trying to suck mr.donald's dongald?

It's alright, Brazil. Not your fault personally

scale is a hell of a drug. the true game changer

we live in different times

noone really remembers mosaic, but they remember marc andreessen

recommend checking out this book (pic related), i bet you'll like it :)

>Internet is growing, and majority of web users already browsing from third world

Yes but who provides this infrastructure? self interested companies and governments. their power over the internet will only increase.

Look at the backlash with something like Facebook's internet.org initiative in India.

>and they will not pay a single cent to copyright holders. For example users in eastern europe torrent all their shit since 90-s till this day and never pay for software or music. So do you expect asians and africans to pay for music and videos online?

convenience will trump piracy.

this is why you see YUGE decreases in torrenting or downloading from sites like megaupload, and YUGE increases in legal streaming platforms.

normies are literally retarded. including niggers and chinks.

>Or do you think african government will raid them because copyright holders get butthurt? No, they would switch to their local torrents and free services.

But these countries won't have control over their own internet. The rich countries will use digital imperialism and control all access methods.

There will be no "african internet" It is a global system with global policing. Companies are leapfrogging the nigger infrastructure.

>Both are memes on global market, not even close to pre-internet market profits.

This happens with every industry that technology touches. Efficiency is a bitch.

Art was just a laggard due to the JEWS controlling the output source.

I enjoy our chat Ukraine.

MySpace was retarded website with retarded interface and animated gifs. I still can't figure out what this all was about. Pure madness only clever westerners can understand. I'm too stupid for MySpace.

>Cohen
No, thanks.

>Jeb! mounted on the wall

Ya got me famalam

>self interested companies and governments. their power over the internet will only increase.
Yes, it's true. For example russians have their local facebook (vk) with free music streaming and video. All not legal, of course. And sponsored by government at the same time.

I don't even think Ukrainians used MySpace.

Facebook could die. Maybe the Japanese could do it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_(application)

Japs are all about social networks.

I didn't even think Ukrainians had Internet to use myspace.

Myspace Founder is the few retired tech guys who look happy though.

Most of those faggots from the early Web like CNET's founder are fucking bankrupt.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halsey_Minor

True, De Niro

>But these countries won't have control over their own internet. The rich countries will use digital imperialism and control all access methods.
There was raves and night party announces. Back in the days raves was a thing.

Oops, disregard quote

IF any will beat FB it would have to be Tencent, owner of WeChat and QQ

Line is pretty nichey and only relevant due to sticker sales.

>But these countries won't have control over their own internet. The rich countries will use digital imperialism and control all access methods.
Russia already don't give a shit about copyrights. All other countries, especially China, would do the same. As I said, government sposored facebook alternative VK.com stream pirate content, chinese do the same with their webservices.

Japan has that Trust Factor still by Americans though.

Americans are still iffy over anything involving Chinese tech companies.

Americans know Chinese make their shit but choosing between a Japanese Facebook and a Chinese Facebook, Americans will choose Japan.

Until something happens to China, I don't think they will ever got rid of their stigma.

South Korea spammed Korean pop music and Japan has Nintendo and shit.

But China has nothing that could get Americans hyped up about anything.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((meeting))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

ok whatever don't look into the playbook and mind of the company running the world.

cohen is a government shill that went to google to implement tons of shit

and VK is owned by Mail Group now and literally replaced the CEO a few weeks ago with another Putin stooge.

This is after VK's original Zuckerberg had to flee the country.

The illegal activity is not sponsored by the governement.

RIGHT NOW THEY DON'T. POLICY IS NOT STATIC.

>trusting an autocratic state

tomorrow putin could change his mind regarding """free internet""" policies in russia.

there's a reason all russian internet must be on servers within russia lol.

corporate interests will triumph in a global society. there's a reason all these anti free speech internet bills get pushed every 4 months.

there's a reason all the good torrent sites have disappeared the last 5 years.

i agree with this, especially the cultural aspects.

i think China will be successful and have its breakthrough with mobile hardware instead

see:
OnePlus
Huawei
Xaomi

Then they will push on-board software much like Apple.

The Chinese are smart.

Are there any pictures of them exiting the meeting? Curious if it was all smiles. Apparently Safra Catz of Oracle gave a big thumbs up afterwards.

>RIGHT NOW THEY DON'T. POLICY IS NOT STATIC.
They do, just checked vk. All music and videos is online, ready for slav streaming.
>there's a reason all the good torrent sites have disappeared the last 5 years.
Nope. Torrents I use (rutracker, nnm-club) still online, thepiratebay still online, private trackers westerners tied to still online and running.
Governments can't do a shit to the internet today, even if they somehow manage to close these torrents people already have alternative in i2p or tor.
And don't forget please, global society is a two way road, we already used to aliexpress with bootleg shit, next thing we will be amazed by is a chinese spybook with 4k streaming of pirate video, subsidised by respectful chinese government.

OnePlus isn't much more than a blip in sales, and the other two...I dunno. I tried the P9+ when I was overseas, and the design and build quality wasn't as good as the Pixel, iPhone, S7 Edge, or the Xperia XZ, and EMUI can fuck off.

The big thing that China is doing is driving margin into the gutter, basically turning the Android phone industry into the PC industry, and that really sucks for anyone who wants to try and do anything interesting in that space. The iPhone gets around 90% of smartphone profits while netting maybe 10% of worldwide unit sales, and that's a big problem.

Not enough memery.

>Youtube Red ($10 per month) to get you no ads and offline viewing. all completely optional.
But you get that for free with youtube-dl???

get rid of the jews

get rid of jebs head.

keep trump/pence and keep the background.

get rid of that faggot in the witches hat.

by right now i don't i meant they don't care. as you said.

but that could change as DCMA requests continue and fingerprinting technologies improve. especially if putin wants to westernize its media relationships and as young russians want to consume more nigger rap, martin garrix, star wars movies, and jennifer lawrence blockbusters.

most private trackers have shut down or severely reduced their membership. the pirate bay is a shell of its former self
tfw no more what.cd, waffles, oink etc

good job cherry picking 2 though.

yes piracy will continue to exist. and personally i've never paid for any of my ~40,000 songs in my music library, but come on

are you really trying to argue that piracy is stronger nowadays then before mobile internet's introduction ~2007?

that's just categorically false and you know it..

technology s curves have completely flattened

adoption rates have dramatically been reduced

all it takes is word of mouth for something to "take off" due to network effects.

that's why something can gain millions of downloads or sales in a matter of days with no promotion. this was unheard of even 5 years ago.

you're also underestimating smartphone innovation due to compression in upgrade cycles.

there's still plenty of innovation in the pipeline
>large battery life increases - no charge for days or fast recharge
>foldability of screen or hardware
>durability of hardware -nearly unbreakable
>memory jumps from 32-128GB to TBs
>health applications that actually work and save lives - diabetes, heart rate, etc.
>new sensors for VR and AR -> gesture + voice control

Plus the software side's integration. Look at what Google Assistant is beginning to do with Google's new Pixel phone

>yes piracy will continue to exist. and personally i've never paid for any of my ~40,000 songs in my music library
The real problem is not your songs. After youtube put all the copyrighted music in free access, so you can listen all 40,000 from google service, carefully pirated by mainstream government sponsored website, no one will take seriously any copyright claims anymore.
>good job cherry picking 2 though.
I'm not really cherry picking, these are most popular torrents in my country since mid 2000-s.
>are you really trying to argue that piracy is stronger nowadays then before mobile internet's introduction ~2007?
Yeap, sure. There was times when one can had some real troubles for posting mp3 online on http website, back in 2004. Hunting was real, RIAA was active. That was a reason for torrents to pop up and became popular. Now no one cares. I can dump 40,000 songs righ on youtube.

You can't compare YouTube quality to VBRs or 320 or even FLAC if you're autistic.

Spotify is pretty good but still doesn't have nearly every thing. And YouTube has less IMO. Or are you talking about Play Music?

>I'm not really cherry picking, these are most popular torrents in my country
Fair enough, but as I've said. Russia has been the wild west on the internet for a while now. If this were to change, Rutracker would be public enemy #1 just like the pirate bay or Mega Upload was in the West.

>There was times when one can had some real troubles for posting mp3 online on http website, back in 2004. Hunting was real, RIAA was active.
But it was easier to find the content? I remember Sup Forums share threads on Sup Forums where we could just post links all day for hundreds of albums and nothing would happen.

Sure individual piracy risk might have been higher, but piracy itself was booming.

Remember it all started with Napster and that giant shitstorm. By the end of 2000s, big business had tried everything from targeting those companies to going after the little guy and nothing worked.

That's what created the market for quasi-legal streaming services like Grooveshark and then shit like Spotify or Hulu to exist.

If you can't beat em, join em-Record Executives everywher

>But it was easier to find the content?
No it wasn't. I used a soulseek to find music I like and it was real pain in the ass to find non-mainstream something back then. And suddenly youtube became active and there was no point to jerking with p2p software anymore.
>You can't compare YouTube quality to VBRs or 320 or even FLAC if you're autistic.
No, you. It's basically a meme, 44100 cd quality is already fucked up by design, to start with. And 320 mp3 is overkill.

>That's what created the market for quasi-legal streaming services like Grooveshark and then shit like Spotify or Hulu to exist.
Never heard about these two, but record industry tried to lead this shit back than, and only made things worse for itself. As i said, it became legal at first to post some music online with some circumstances, and then suddenly all the music with all circumstances. Filesharing websites like megaupload became legal.

literallly all you have to do is compare waveforms of the same song in flac, 320 ,240 to see how they are different

And? You will feel better if you listened eщ something with another waveform? I listen music with RP8 monitors connected to lynxtwo. Where is huge difference between 44100hz 16bit and 96/24 bit.
And little (no) between mp3 192 kbps and 320.
And sound designers usually don't give a flying fuck about their music actually, they cut frequencies like mad before releasing the track. You already don't have all this precious high frequencies even on cd.