Welcome to StarTrek Discovery shitlords!

Spreading feminism and Islam across the Universe and beyond!
deadline.com/2016/12/star-trek-discovery-sonequa-martin-green-cast-lead-rainsford-1201871015/

>The lead character - who will be female, and likely either black or Hispanic - will be "on a journey that's going to teach her how to get along with others in the galaxy," Fuller's revealed. "For her to truly understand something that is alien, she has to first understand herself."

>And in a Trek first, the lead character will not be the ship's captain, but the Discovery's lieutenant commander - joined by an ensemble of roughly seven main characters.

>These will include a female admiral, a male admiral, a male adviser and a British male doctor - and one of the male characters will be openly gay, btw.

>Plus - get this - our lead will be taking her orders from a Klingon captain. Now that's progressive!
digitalspy.com/tv/star-trek-discovery/feature/a795431/star-trek-tv-show-2017-cast-characters-continues-series-tv-series/

Progressive as fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

idigitaltimes.com/star-trek-discovery-cast-likely-include-presumably-atheist-muslim-crewmember-554393
queerty.com/new-star-trek-discovery-tv-show-will-feature-gay-character-20160811
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

More like cancelled as fuck

I have had enough of this leftist shit.

star trek was always like this desu

>Progressive as fuck.

had to unfollow him on twitter a month ago, his timeline puts Patton Oswalt's to shame

Uruha was hot af in the reboot imo

Trump deported them into space where trash belongs.

This.

If I have to watch a guy kiss another guy, I'll probably stop watching it though. I don't really want to see that.

If there is a hijab wearing Muslim in a future without religion, I'd also stop watching.

>Plus - get this - our lead will be taking her orders from a Klingon captain

I can forgive everything else but this bullshit. This takes place before the original series there shouldn't be a Klingon in Star Fleet

Allahu ackbar phaser the infidels! Photon torpedo those who say the federation is not peaceful!

The difference is back then they didn't feel a need to really fanfare the progressiveness in the same way they are now.

The new shows coming out today are so blatantly SJW propaganda that it turns people right off it.

I'll give you examples. In Voyager and DS9 nobody cared that the captain was white female/black male. Because in that time period it wasn't a big deal, they just got on with it.

In this show, they will showcase all manners of SJW shit, it's going to flop.

In the future of star trek the Malvinas will be recognized as Argentina's.

But by saying this they are pretty much using it politically.

But other than that, this is pretty much how star trek always has been. Sonequa Martin-Green is a decent strong actor so I will reserve my opinion as a treky, Not a Sup Forums tard

Outdated.

Fuller has since left the project, and it's stuck in development hell. I hope it stays there. I love TNG, and I'd be perfectly content if nothing Star Trek is ever made again. TNG already exists, Star Trek is done. It doesn't need another sequel series or fucking "re-imagining".

What's with Star Trek and liberalism? George Takei and Wil Wheaton are both products of that show.

>Trek was always SJW
Trek is positivist, "SJWism" is post-modernist. There's a big difference between the two.

Senpai, the Undiscovered Country was all about Kirk finding God.... and killing him

This.

the conservative characters weren't hamfisted stereotypes and were even portrayed as like-able or noble, even (especially) when they were villians.

A muslim
>An audience member asked the duo whether there’d be a Muslim crewmember aboard the titular ship, USS Discovery NCC-1031, in light of Star Trek’s previous commitment to humanizing geopolitical or ideological outsiders, such as with Pavel Andreievich Chekov, who appeared on Star Trek during the height of America’s Cold War with Russia.
>Beyer and Meyer looked at each other. There was a long silence and moderator Jordan Hoffman tried to provide them with an out, should they not want to answer. Meyer said she was just thinking of the most judicious way to answer (a paraphrase, I didn’t catch her exact response).
>It looked for all the world like two people caught dead to rights, trapped into finding an evasion from a simple reveal: Star Trek: Discovery will have a Muslim crewmember in its cast.
idigitaltimes.com/star-trek-discovery-cast-likely-include-presumably-atheist-muslim-crewmember-554393

And a faggot
>New “Star Trek: Discovery” TV Show Will Feature Gay Character
queerty.com/new-star-trek-discovery-tv-show-will-feature-gay-character-20160811

The original trek has niggers, communists and gay asians.

This was 50 years ago during mccarthyism, nigger lynching and fag bashing.

It was always degenerate trash.

Ay yo, my gurl Sonequa gon' be up in this bitch? F' rel?!

This. Do these fucking hollywood juice actually think neckbeards that watch Star Trek for its story would put up with sjw bullshit instead of ferengi jewery or the obligatory holodeck becoming real?

I love how they're basically shitting all over the actual values of humanism that Gene Roddenberry actually envisioned for the future and they don't see that irony.

Also, betting they'll throw in a faggy plug about Islam being the religion of peace, and how them po Muslims of the 21st century dindu nuffin to deserve being called terrorists.

I imagine the scene unfolding:

>one alien race is mad at another alien race for doing terrorist shit
>star ship crew intervenes citing the treatment of muslims in the 21st century, and how "not all muslims" and "religion of peace"
>the two alien races then get a long and learn an important lesson that you shouldn't be mad about a group of violent savages killing you because feelings

Screen cap this.

>Star Trek: Discovery will have a Muslim crewmember in its cast.

This is retarded, and shows they have no idea what Star Trek is, its a post religious Earth, the idea of Muslim makes no sense

They should focus every single science fiction resource into making a series based around Bill Adama's misadventures during the Cylon Wars, desu fampai.

Star Trek has anti-British form so it wouldn't surprise me. Cf 'The High Ground' et alii

Did anyone care about any part of Voyager that wasn't "Jeri Ryan in a skintight outfit"?

Takei is a fag. His character, Sulu, was not.

>atheist muslim

These people truly believe Islam is a race don't they

Star Trek is cucked, so is star wars

Juden responsible: jj abrams

>twn be a Star Trek that gets a new cast each season and follows the adventures of a different ship

The Doctor was pretty based, bro.

Voyager was boring but Janeway was one of those big deal moments for women.

So it's pretty cynical that they had to add Jeri Ryan to boost ratings.

This.

StarTrek Discovery aren't going to last more than a few episodes and then everyone will blame white male like with the Ghostbusters

THAT'S THE FINAL FRONTIER YOU FUCKING STUPID PIECE OF SHIT. UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY IS ABOUT THE FALL OF THE USSR AND IS A FUCKING MASTERPIECE.

GET OUT YOU STAR TREK-IDIOT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Hispanic

They're smart, they'll get some white hispanic like this dude

tbf they should have had more eye candy to begin with.

they both had nice titties

Voyager was better before Kess left. The initial drama of being stranded 70 years from Earth was pretty interesting in the early episodes.

It picked up a bit with 7 of 9 but only for a very short time, then the show become completely unwatchable.

It doesn't matter unless they intend to shoehorn in modern day racial and religious tensions into a show that has, from the outset, represented a futuristic and unified humanity.

In other words, it will probably matter a lot.

Star Trek was always pushing this leftist bullshit.
The original series had the first televised interracial kiss

wah someone chose to have actors that weren't my gender/race/sexuality waaah my freedoms being taken away

So is Shatner and he's based as fuck

The difference is it was an optimistic view of the future based on the creator's personal ideas.

While the new series looks to be another liberal lecture.

Shatners always been the wild card in that deck. He used to hate Star Trek fans until he needed them once his career failed.

Is the one on the right (black woman) the one from Walking Dead?

Didn't they make a big deal about unveiling the new ship for the show recently?

It would be a gay white Hispanic cuz gays always look better than str8.

:^)

>gay asians
Sulu wasn't gay. Takai actually got mad that they made the character gay in the new movie because it was shitting on Rodenbery's vision.

This right here. Star Trek might seem like liberal trash on the surface, but it was (almost) always about hope for the future, not about 'punching up.' This new series looks like it's just another episode of "look how progressive we are! Fuck white people and esp. White men btw lol."

And having a Muslim in it is pants on head retarded and shows that they have either no idea what Star Trek is and/or don't care. Pathetic and disappointing.

>Gene Roddenberry himself is said to have rejected the idea of religion lasting into Humanity's future. Ronald D. Moore commented regarding the fate of specific religions in Trek history: "Gene felt very strongly that all of our contemporary Earth religions would be gone by the 23rd century, and while few of us around here actually share that opinion, we feel that we should leave this part of the Trek universe alone." (AOL chat, 1997) "It was a core tenet of Gene's Trek." (AOL chat, 1997)

the reeeeeal problem is its a fucking prequal

religion.. Gone?

>worship Kike religions

:^)

The actor is gay, the character is not.

>worshipping sand guy
>not worshipping dud on golden chair

>so I will reserve my opinion as a treky
like there's any DNA from the previous tv shows in this SJW garbage one, whatsoever

Fuller seems really intent on seeing his shows getting canceled. Hannibal was great until the quasi-love affair between Hannibal and Will completely derailed the whole thing.

So no different than any other star trek then?
Its always been a progressive shit show, the first interacial kiss scene aired on TV was from star trek for christs sake

Why the fuck isn't Michelle Yeoh the Captain? A bad ass kung fu MILF would be awesome.

>Athiest Muslim
You mean like Bashir from ds9 who was of Arabic descent, but not muslim.

In a series where they were fighting space muslims.

Shutup, faggot nigger.

Shut up, bitch.

>The Imperial Truth was pioneered by the Emperor on Terra even before the Great Crusade began, and is a collection of ideologies that upholds the core values of reason, science and secular progress over the older traditions of religion, superstition and faith that had long defined many of the human worlds that had fallen into darkness during the Age of Strife after the fall of humanity's first interstellar civilization.

Christcucks BTFO

AIDS is good weight control.

ikr

>one of the male characters will be openly gay

Why? From what I've watched in ToS and S1 of TNG, any mention of relationships was just shoehorned in in ToS. TNG only had talk of past relationships.

at least Takei called out the gay Sulu for the revisionist garbage it is. his tweets are cancer but at least he remembered the show Roddenberry created, whom he must have exceptional respect for given the climate of the 70s

Kek always picking on the nerds.

Star trek, Star wars and video games are pushing the progressive agenda.

So glad I like the outdoors and shitposting. Can't make trees and rivers grow cocks or be Black.

Life is good. Merry Christmas.

>Bill Adama's misadventures
i thought they did and the show bombed miserably

I'm honestly at the point where I don't believe that they're trying to create successful entertainment products. Their goal is to destroy everything we have loved in our childhoods - Star Wars, Star Trek, Conan, Ghostbusters, Final Fantasy, Halo, etc - and they don't care what it costs them because they print money as needed.

I hope they haven't realized what this will cause. After all, what does an animal do when it's backed into a corner, with nowhere left to hide? Let them burn our refuges.

>a Trek first, the lead character will not be the ship's captain, but the Discovery's lieutenant commande

That's bullshit. Riker was clearly the main character of ST:TNG.

>orders from a Klingon captain

Everyone dies for honor after the third episode.

>For her to truly understand something that is alien, she has to first understand herself

Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. I always told my ex that talking with her was like talking with an alien and she'd just call me an asshole.

So, one season then?

>That's bullshit. Riker was clearly the main character of ST:TNG.

>next gen
>not the Data and Picard show
ok

dont worry, technology will enslave and trap us long before we have to contemplate the extinguishment of divine belief

damn you and your simple ape like understanding

THREE EPISODES TILL THE AXE
H
R
E
E

This. Picard and Data were the only good characters.

Sisko was a commander at the start of DS9 0/10 for trek knowledge.

Why do you care about/watch children's shows?

Also Khan dindu nuffin.

to be quite honest, i wouldn't mind if the main character was an asian woman if it was a good show. but judging by the fact that the virtue signaling of this cast, it most likely won't be. i don't mind female leads and shit if the plot doesn't revolve around "im womyn is so hard being an womyn please watch my show" but this almost definitely will

literal evidence of affirmative action in casting for this shit

So this will dethrone voyager for position of uss affirmative action? Gonna be tough. They had a criminal pilot, a woman captain an Indian first officer, a black security officer, an korean ops, a not real doctor being a doctor who wants rights, a liberated female who don't need no man, who just wants independance from the the oppressive collective, and a half breed chief engineer who was also a war criminal.

True. But he was still technically boss nigger. He was only commander because he didn't have a ship until they got the Defiant.

All the Star Trek series did this stuff though.

There was one episode where they find a planet with women being the workers and builders of civilization, and the men being docile husbands who've all of a sudden discovered their gender oppression.

Then there was another episode where they find a planet of completely genderless aliens, but there is a minority of aliens that have begun identifying as male or female and they are being persecuted.

I want to know what timeline they put this in? Is it pre Kirk or post Kirk. If after Kirk then is it between Kirk and TNG or is it after that, post Voyager.

I am sick of this reboot stuff and the JJ Trek is fucked. I would prefer a new series that picked up after the return of Voyager to Earth.

Post Kirk pre tng

>Star Trek
>new one based on progressive ideals

That may have been something in the 70s.

How about try something new?

Star trek/wars will never be good again unless some fans get to make a YouTube knockoff version

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

At least they were singular episodes. All treks had a number of shitty episodes with a sjw mission but then came back with good episodes due to the strong casts

Non JJ-verse. Back to the original timeline.

this

TOS never preached don't be offended by this kiss
if was just a kiss

forced kiss, kinda rapey, but still, they weren't telling you what you should think about it

Kes was cute desu

So which uniform color scheme do you think they will use?

>TOS
Movies?
TNG?
Something entirely different?

>surprised at all

Star Trek has always been a vehicle of liberal post-nationalist ideology.

Why are they trying to use Progressiveness as a Hook?

article says pre-kirk.
non-jj timeline

>Plus - get this - our lead will be taking her orders from a Klingon captain.
>Klingon captain.

Say it with me!
CAPTAIN
WORF