SMOKING

How bad is smoking for you?

Have the dangers of tobacco been greatly exaggerated or is it really THAT bad?
Also, how's tobacco smoke different from marijuana smoke?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2637327/Horrific-video-shows-smoking-REALLY-does-lungs-just-60-cigarettes-help-kick-habit-good.html#v-3583777289001
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BUMP

BUMP 2

The scientific evidence for the dangers of smoking are largely correlational and not causational - not saying we can't make a pretty good educated guess about tobacco's role in small cell lung cancer, but it's not been "proven" yet.

nicotine, in small amounts, is healthy for men. it lowers estrogen, improves focus, possibly improves insulin sensitivity, and does some other cool things neurologically. however, it can also cause ed and give you nightmares, and if you become addicted, withdrawals are a real bitch.

BUMP 3

The nazis were the first to say smoking was bad

>How bad is smoking for you?
It's pretty fucking bad for you. It also makes you look really gay.
>how's tobacco smoke different from marijuana smoke?
Smoke's smoke, you shouldn't breathe any of it. That's kind of obvious to anyone who isn't terminally retarded.

nicotine is a chemical that constricts lung expansion. Cigarette smoke is thick and makes you want to gag if you take too big a hit.

Meanwhile, cannabis smoke acts as a lung expander. it isn't abnormal to see people that smoke weed with 110% average lung capacities. Plus, you can literally sing with a lungfull of weed smoke, and not choke or die.

Disclosure: I run a weed dispensary in Cuckistan, so I'm obviously biased.

It really is a shame smoking can cause cancer.

Cigar smoking is by far my favorite hobby. I love everything about it. I like collecting different sticks, sampling the different flavours, the sensation of smoking, the social aspect of it, etc.

Not only do I love smoking, but I also think it looks sort of cool as all of my heroes smoked.

Oh well...

>Smoking makes you look gay

Sure thing, Senpai.

I'm a former smoker and I see it like this:

Yes, inhaling smoke on a regular basis is verifiably bad for you.

-Yes, habitual smoking will shorten your life.
-Yes, being sick when you're a smoker is worse than being regular sick.
-Yes, you can't run or be active without excessive suffering when you're a smoker.

BUT

-A lot of non-smokers end up with cancer anyway.
-A lot of non-smokers die young anyway.
-A lot of non-smokers suffer.
-And smoking a cigarette and having some drinks is a great stand-alone experience.

Basically, pick your poison. Live long and boring, or live a short time freely, and suffer at the end.

Ah portugal, my tanned friend, you and me.

Don't you guys have plain packaging up there in Cuckistan?

What are your thoughts on that? Doesn't that infringe upon customer's liberty of choice?

> live a short time freely, and suffer at the end.

Yes, I agree.

I remember Christopher Hitchens saying, back when he was battling esophegal cancer, that he didn't regret taking up smoking and drinking throughout his life as it had provided him with so much enjoyment. Words to live by.

BUMP 4

Exactly. He said drinking made people less boring. In my experience, smoking makes sobriety less boring.

Live your life. But recognize that voluntarily doing anything that shortens your life is, by definition, irrational.

we have plain packaging here in hot canada too, but we still have brand variety. tobacco companies just arent allowed to advertise their brands.

I smoked for 3 years, 4 cigarettes a day, which isnt much, yet still i regret every single one of them.

Absolutely it does, but cigarettes don't have plain packaging, and weed won't either. Australia is what you're thinking of.

I just got done making changes to our product's logos. Going to look really nice on store shelves and vending machines.

>atheist considers pleasure as his raison d'etre
color me surprised

You guys have plain packaging up there in Leafistan, right?

What are your thoughts on that?

I feel like that in some countries like Canada and Australia, you aren't really allowed to choose to smoke anymore as the government has gone out of its way to make sure tobacco is prohibitively expensive and that packs of cigarette are covered by morbid images which don't serve any informational purpose and only seek to denormalise smoking. I have been told that smokers are perceived as being 'degenerates' by the wider public in these countries. It doesn't seem fair to those who chose to live by Christopher Hitchen's words.

The "smoking is bad for you" meme was simply perpetuated by jews who were out to hurt honest tobacco companies and emasculate men.

>implying that you need to smoke to enjoy life
It's called an addiction and it sure as hell is not good for you.

>perpetuated by jews
yet its their movies that made it so "cool"

I don't think nicotine is that bad, I used to be a terrible smoker. I quit with no aid one day when I realized I was associating myself with shitty people because they also happened to smoke. It does make your skin worse (oily smoke clogs pores, gray skin tone) and definitely impacts lung function (I could run without wheezing in under two weeks of non smoking). Will I go back to smoking? Absolutely. I like my cigarettes as harsh as I can get them (filterless, American Spirit blacks, Virginia blend pipe tobacco rollies), but I think the pipe is a much more masculine way to smoke, so long as you're not a queer and busting it out constantly.

I still smoke cigarettes when I'm drunk because it is an easy way to open conversation with girls (Hey, do you have a smoke?/light?) and because it is incredibly satisfying. In the light of day however, I can tell when people are smoking cheap, shitty cigarettes, unless they're Camel turkish royals or parli menthols, and it makes me not want them at all

The Weed Task Force suggested plain packaging, but it's unlikely, because Cigarettes don't have the same. I can go down and buy a pack of Number 7's, and 3/4 of the package will have anti-smoking propaganda, but the logo and other artwork is still there.

Any leaf who says otherwise clearly doesn't smoke cigarettes. They should post proof of packs of smokes if they're gonna say that shit.

No, the "smoking is cool" bullshit was perpetuated jews in cinema and advertising

Sort of. Some people only smoke socially and some pipe and cigar smokers only do it for the taste of the tobacco and not so much for a nicotine buzz.

Anyway, not all smokers die young. Bertrand Russell, Churchill, Freud, Sinatra, etc. These were all great minds who stated that tobacco had helped them professionally and who died at a ripe old age despite being chain-smokers.

In the US the use fertilizer that is derived from uranium mining run off
I'm sure modern fertilizer make the tobacco much worse than it innately was

The packages are about 60% covered in warning labels and crude images of cancerous lungs, dying parents, etc. In our stores, the cigarette cases are covered with sheets/sliding doors so that they are not visible unless the clerk opens the door to grab the pack you're buying.

In the last few years they banned all flavoured cigarillos because they apparently targeted children. The cost isn't really prohibitive, I've found. You can get cheap smokes from the States or by just buying the shitty brands for 7 or $8 per pack.

The perception of smokers isn't really that of degenerates, just of a habit that is dying out. The same way one might look at their grandfather who still uses the word "nigger." It's funny and antiquated, and won't last, but you tolerate it all the same.

For the record, society will always try to force you in the direction of safe, boring, uninteresting, and slow. That way, the government has a more reliable and long-lasting tax-base.

Don't make your decisions based on what the government wants. Make decisions based on enjoying your life and living as you please, without infringing on the rights of others.

You seem very young. In time, you'll learn that smoking sucks for the smoker. It makes one or two things easier while making everything more unpleasant.

>autistic screeching

I never said it was. I said it sucks. But so does getting terminal brain cancer at 25.

Pick your poison.

>Acceptable tier
Cigars
>Shit tier
Cancer sticks
>Complacent tier
Evil weed

I dunno. Things like dementia and alzheimers seem coded into DNA. Is having that much of your mind identity gone really living, or just keeping a body alive a few years after its soul departed.

>Have the dangers of tobacco been greatly exaggerated or is it really THAT bad?

No they are real and I smoked for 8 years and it fucked my health up pritty bad. I managed to quit and I feel so much better and also if you quit smoking it also means that your not supporting the greedy Jews that own big tobacco.

Imagine if everyone just quit ho much power the Jews would loose from it , it'd be one hell of a dent.

>I think the pipe is a much more masculine

I really wish pipes and cigarillos made a comeback. Pipes and cigars are in every way superior to cigarettes.

Which is weird because presumably people dying earlier works better for socialized healthcare.

lets just say meth is better for you and feels a hell of a lot better

>god tier
spliffo with sativa and your choice of peter stokkeby

it's not that bad. 25% percent chance you lose 2-3 years, 5-10% chance you lose 10 years.

the so called research that they present is terrible science and very misleading. the vast majority of people who smoke a reasonable amount, like 1/4 to 1/2 a pack a day for 20 years, lets say, will suffer little or no real consequences beyond reduced lung capacity. and somehow, some people seem to not get that, either, although only very few.

in short stop being a fucking woman and have a smoke if you feel like it.

Not sure you meant to reply to me, but yeah, that is a shitty existence. Cases like that are what assisted-suicide is for, if only we knew what experiencing dementia was like before we had it, we would know if a person with dementia was suffering or just living in a dream-world.

>only do it for the taste
But why? It tastes like shit.
>hurr durr I'm a retard
You sure are.
>Pipes and cigars are in every way superior to cigarettes.
How?

>Racist and fervently anti-smoking.
>Checks flag
>Not surprised

its a very small chance you get cancer, especially if you're not inhaling and just mouth smoking cigars, virtually zero harm from that.

enjoy your life.

Except other than heart attacks, they don't die quickly. They have the 3-24 months of hospitalization, oxygen tanks, chemo, radiation, painkillers, wheelchairs, transplants, and THEN death.

>>Racist
Nothing wrong with racism it's the real world people don't like other races get used to it.

how does smoking weed fuck up your lungs? I here people say "I can only smoke an 8th to get high" and im like thats so much fucking MATERIAL going into your lungs, doesn't that stay there forever? doesnt that inhibit your ability to breath?

If you want to end fascism then remove the Jews.

Not-inhaling a cigarette does not make you feel any better. You might as well be sucking a pencil.

And secondly, mouth and esophageal cancer ARE caused by smoking.

>smoking the tobacco jew ever

Seems fine to me.

It's really weird. On the one hand you have people like Bertrand Russell who chain-smoked a pipe until he died at the ripe old age of 97 and on the other hand you have people like Freud who battled mouth cancer for almost 2 decades. Weird.

fake and gay, those lungs are dyed

Smoking is great. You should really pick it up.

>What is mouth cancer for 500 Jim?

Nicotine is vitamin B3 and tobacco is my favourite vegetable. Also nicotine is niacin. Niacin is taken by bodybuilders for dat pump and vascularity. Makes for 82 diamondmode flapboners a day. Anti smoking is a conspiracy to make you Fat

>Also, how's tobacco smoke different from marijuana smoke
Tobbaco smoke has more directly cancer causing chemical in it. Cigarettes has many different added chemicals that would not be found in natural tobacco. Just don't smoke cigs it just isnt worth no matter how you look at it.

it doesn't stay in your lungs forever, your lungs physically remove the material but its very hard on them obviously

i smoke around 4 grams of weed a day on average

They aren't, read a book.

it's really not as big of a deal as they make it out to be and i'll let you in on a little secret, low-energy people have low resistance to disease and illness.

yeah, not really.

they obviously are. the outside of lungs don't blacken. it's just a lining. smoke doesn't get anywhere near the outside of lungs.

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2637327/Horrific-video-shows-smoking-REALLY-does-lungs-just-60-cigarettes-help-kick-habit-good.html#v-3583777289001

Black lung is only for coal miners. We get brand new lung cells every 3 weeks. Smokers' lungs are stolen notoriously for transplantation. Prevents dementia. Quicker heart attack recovery. Prevents preeclampsia. Many cures are grown on tobacco. Plants and birds just LOVE tobacco. Tobacco is ONE FINNICKY PROCESS AND PLANT!

I like smoking, so I'll continue on.

Better joint surgeries

Are her nostrils gauged?

I guess it's better than drinking ES which is basically cat piss in a can.

yes

Nicotine is a powerful stimulant. If anything the fertilisers are a problem but who gives a shit

>"Concern about health effects of tobacco has a long history. Gideon Lincecum, an American naturalist and practitioner of botanical medicine, wrote in the early 19th century on tobacco: "This poisonous plant has been used a great deal as a medicine by the old school faculty, and thousands have been slain by it. ... It is a very dangerous article, and use it as you will, it always diminishes the vital energies in exact proportion to the quantity used - it may be slowly, but it is very sure."

your lungs can remove marijuanna tar without much difficulty, and smoking marijuanna and tobacco is actually better for your lungs than just smoking tobacco, because hard tobacco tar that is deposited on softer, moister marijuanna tar will be removed more easily by the gradual healing process.

yeah, i'm sure clickbait from from junk rag is going to be faithful to the truth as they find it and not just some opinion piece where they chose a conclusion and figured out how to convince you of it.

if you're going to smoke cigarettes you should smoke hand-rolled american spirit organic tobacco, with zero additives. best smoke out there.

I'll admit that cigarettes have a chemical taste to them.

However, pipe tobacco and cigars are a whole different world of flavours.

If you don't smoke, just smell a cigarette and then smell a tin of cigarillos or a pouch of pipe tobacco. Completely different.

Drinking ES right now at 5AM. It's great also.

Muh reefer madness

>I like smoking
How? Seriously, what is there to like about breathing smoke?

It's literally a video of them forcing a pair of lungs to smoke 60 cigarettes, and showing your the tar that fills them.

try american spirits if you can find them

wow, they extracted lungs from someone? and then chain smoked 60 cigarettes over a few minutes? that sounds completely relevant and useful to living humans smoking a few throughout the day.

Smoke a couple of packs though, and you'll see. It's really great.

Anyone tried with actual tobacco, grounded dried leaves instead of popular brands? Any difference?

Many people smoke a pack a day, perhaps even 2. That is 20-40 cigarettes a day, every day, for often decades of your life. The cells can't repair faster than you are poisoning them you fucking autist.

it's relaxing to breath smoke. if i don't have tobacco sometimes i roll cigarettes of dried herbs.

tobacco is especially nice because it has nicotine and other compounds in the plant, and when you breath it in, it focuses and calms you, it makes you ready for action and helps you think

I've read somewhere that cigarette smokers die 10 years younger than non-smokers and that cigar smokers die on average 5 years younger than non-smokers.

Anyone knows how accurate this is? Can anyone link me to actual studies on smokers' life-expectancy?

>no, not really

Oh, okay.

Modern cigarettes, with all the chemicals and fire retardants and other shit the government mandates be put in them?

yeah that shit will kill you like fuck

plain old dried tobacco leaves? you'll be fine

southern planters were a powerful political constituency well into the mid 20th century. i'll give you one guess what their politics were like.

(((they))) have been trying to wreck their business model for over a century now, but they've managed

all things in moderation, anything in excess, etc.

This is so false lmao, yeah it acts as a expander it can help with asthma in fact. But it stills smoke, you WILL cough if you take a huge hit.

interesting, I never knew the lungs can remove tar.

What about irritating the lungs? I notice when I smoke weed sometimes, there's a tight spot in my chest on the left. Happens mostly when I smoke on adderall. Bad?

The smoke shocks the lung, making it more robust, allowing faster cell repair. Believe me, most people who live to 100+ are smokers.

The cancer jew doesn't want you to know this, believe me.

>i smoke around 4 grams of weed a day on average
heh. haha. hahahhhahaa
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAA

no you dont

Who cares?

It's hard enough finding ways to enjoy your life for long periods of time. If smoking truly creates joy and pleasure in your life, go with it.

If you're looking for statistics to back up that habit, you won't find them. We have known for no less than fifty years that smoking causes various kinds of cancer.

Worse thing about smoking isn't physical it's mental. Hurr durr o gee its been 20 minutes better stop what I'm doing and light up. Nicotine addiction interferes with flow state which in turn stunts focus, productivity, and the creative process.

the majority of people who smoke a pack a day (two packs is really really rare) will suffer zero consequences besides reduced lung capacity.

it doesn't really poison the cells. it stuns them a bit and smudge gets on them, and the cells moisturize to get rid of it and it's gradually absorbed or ejected in plegm.

it's not as bad as you think. don't smoke, no one cares whether you smoke or not.

basically this, the people who own the tobacco companies are extremely conservative and white.

yeah, it's not good, that's why cooler smoke is better, obviously your lungs don't appreciate it. on adderal you're going to be taking gigantic bong rips so that doesn't help. it's not 'good' but no one lives forever.

To be fair it's easily doable. Smoke concentrates for awhile, and weed won't even do it for you. Started smoking tobacco with weed because I couldn't get my hands on wax this weed =\.

I quit a year ago and people who smoke smell like shit now. If you're a pack a day smoker, non-smokers distance themselves to evade your odor.

If you can provide one reliable source to prove this claim, I will admit you are correct.

>Smoke a couple of packs though
I'd rather not, it sounds terrible. I bought a couple cigarillos to try but never did
>it's relaxing to breath smoke
I don't really see how. It seems like it would be the opposite, irritating and

that isn't a lot what so ever. its way less than a pack of cigarettes, which has 20 grams of tobacco. the worst part is the money, its killed my fucking wallet.

smoke is smoke, no matter what burns, that said, nicotine is cancerous, and tabacco smokers tend to smoke more cigarrettes a day than a stoner would joints.

You cough because you're not used to hot air in your lungs. seasoned weed smokers don't cough; shit is handled with a drink of water, bro.

If people distance themselves from you because of your lifestyle, they're not really your friends.