Was Hannibal Black?

I've been recently interested in the history of ancient Rome. So I was watching a (((History Channel))) documentary and they portrayed Hannibal as a black man. Was Hannibal black or is this another example of "WE WUZ"

>WE WUZ PHOENICIANS N BRAUT EVIL WHITEY ROME TO THEM KNEEZ N SHIET

Other urls found in this thread:

reunionblackfamily.com/apps/blog/show/18504293-the-inventor-of-the-cellular-phone-is-henry-sampson
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Russell
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

carthaginians came from the levant. so no, he probably looked lebanese

North Africans are not Black Africans. This is literal WE WUZ

Of course he was black.

Just like Edward the Black.

Don't you know why they call them 'Nights' and they never show them without armor?

Melanin: it invented and cured everything and we wuz born with it, crackah.

There are still Tunisians today you know. Have a look at them and decide for yourself.

>Dindu

He almost certainly would have looked middle eastern or Mediterranean.

Black power advocates constantly complain that people underestimate the size of Africa and then go and assume that everyone from Africa is sub-Saharan black skinned. It is, as the other user said, a WE WUZ situation.

Anyways, you should read about the work he did in Spain if the documentary doesn't cover it much. He did a great job distracting the Romans and solidifying power there. A real case study in management and ability.

Yeah, Punics were Phoenicians, Phoenicians were Semitic, Hannibal would have looked Semitic/Arabic. History channel has turned into total shit, disregarding things like this. Use them, if at al, as a source for finding ut about interesting things that you can research elsewhere.

Also, if you have not yet read Goldsworthy's "Augustus" or Everett's life of "Cicero," I recommend them.

>HOW CAN ROMAN MEN EVEN COMPARE

>not realizing the ancient Carthage people were pure Norse
Fucking plebs.

He should have stayed in Spain. Invading Italy without sufficient backup was an huge error. Even though it was a reasonable hope that the Italian Allies might abandon Rome when Hannibal invaded, that was something that should have been nailed down diplomatically BEFORE the invasion.

And Eric the Red was Cherokee. The Cherokee were one of the 12 lost tribes, and they invented the melanin cosmologies. That's how he found North America white boi.

always hilarious reading these threads when insecure inbreds come out of the woodwork to express their objection to any claim that a black person might've been successful

I wish blacks were successful. Unfortunately, they insist they were kangs and are held down by the white man.

>they insist they were held down by the white man.

Are you seriously trying to fucking suggest right now that they weren't oppressed by whites?

a common practice in that time is when you conquer an area was to displace the original population and move your own subjects in
this is what alexander did in egypt so it could be possible that north africans were originally black but were pushed off the land

>WE WUZ WITCHERZ

My sources say no

Blacks were almost successful. They almost destroyed Judeo-bolshevism

>Gerome of Rawanda

Of course Not

>Projecting your insecurities this much

If you could refrain from posting such puerile drivel I'm sure everyone would appreciate it.

>That Rasputin

Extremely triggered.

she would look really nice with a big black cock inside her mouth

nah he was berberid.back then the berbers were white. now they are more mixed race but still not black.

>punics
>black

Blacks were oppressed by themselves. Whites couldn't even survive in Africa and depended on blacks to capture other blacks for them, infact the first slave owners in America were black and the majority were Jewish. Very few whites owned blacks, very very fucking few.

Aside from that yes, blacks have been repressed in the US. They aren't anymore.

The Irish, the Chinese, almost any demographic has been oppressed in this country. They don't fucking cling to victimhood though.

At least they made Jeanne fucking [spoiler]hot[/spoiler]

He was half Semitic half Berber pre-Arab. So brown skinned but in no way sub-saharan african.

Made me smirk.

I suppose blacks shouldn't complain at the fact that millions of black people died in the slavery at the hands of the white man just because some black people were involved in capturing slaves

got it polretard

So you're saying ancient egyptians were we wuz?

i don't know
but i can say for certain that the original inhabitants were displaced when Alexander conquered egypt

Name one country blacks have it better than the US, faggot.

what if i told you that negros and africans are not the same people?

... and the Africans staying true to there heritage still uses a rock as a knife to this day.

Your point being?..

The problem with blacks in America is that they don't identify with where they came from.

If someone is a TRUE black revivalist/supermacist, then one goes back to AFRICA, even if it's a shithole. The only ones I've seen do this are the Rastas. Everyone else is staying in the country of their oppressors.

Sweden

Continental boundaries isn't the same as racial boundaries.

the greeks replaced the political elite but the population of egypt has always been more or less the same for the past 5000 years

Calling Hannibal black is like saying George Washington was Mohawk tho.

No, Carthage was a Phoenician settlement

The fact that the history channel cast a black guy in the role is pretty fucking disgusting

I guess for comparison it would be like casting a white guy as Genghis Khan

Klerouchia Greeks and Celts did have an impact on the population of Egypt, though.

that's not the point. these right-wing retards start frothing at the mouth whenever they hear any claims that a black man was behind a success.

good thing these inbreds are too ignorant about wireless technology because they would end up having a seizure if they found out so many black electrical engineers are behind modern cellphone technology

kind of, but it wasn't that big a deal

i mean the nubians did too, but you don't see black egyptians walking around over there

True, I remember reading somewhere to look out for lighter eyes and skin in the Fayuum basin.

Also, Hannibal as black is just one more straw on the camel's back. Lebanese people still exist, they're not some ancient nebulous people. Hannibal looked like a Lebanese Christian

Kek user its the meta WE meme.

People kek from it. You're even playing into now with:

> they would end up having a seizure if they found out so many black electrical engineers are behind modern cellphone technology

They'll just say WE WUZ engineers n' sheeit. It fuels them.

I think blacks can make great memes, because they are self-aware memes. And this would piss me off too if I was black. That's what makes it a successful meme. They don't have to be right wing to kek at it.

You can't spell "knight" without "nig."

romans were black you stupid crackers
>sees ethnic hair
>assumes white anyways

Obviously some blacks have been very successful. One was elected President of the US.

Claiming Hannibal was black is just retarded, though.

Since he was a middle easterner from Carthage, it's possible that he was either dark or light skinned. The problem with determining skin color of historical figures within that part of the world is that even within the same family skin colors will vary wildly much like how Mexicans can range from almost white to almost pure black.

>blatantly and verifiably falsehoods shown on the (((History Channel)))
>somehow it's about blacks being incapable of into science

Wrong, sorry. Greeks lived almost entirely in the new city they built, Alexandria. They didn't displace the native population.

Or is they???

he wasn't black you stupid nigger

Hannibal was Punic (Phoenician/Berber), literally not even a little black.

>inbreds

Never leaves 3 block radius of their housing project. 3rd generation of nobody knowing who their dad is.... careful about throwing stones in glass houses there Sambo. Most of us white folks have grandparents from different countries, do you even know who your father is or how many half brothers/sisters you have skulking around out there? Bet you've fucked half a dozen of your own siblings not even knowing it.

>so many black electrical engineers are behind modern cellphone technology

Name two and cite the patent numbers. Anyone who has typed "black invention myths" into Google knows those are all 24 karat bullshit.

God you fucking cretins are so pathetic. Instead of making shit up just be proud of what your kind has done by way of "success". A handful of minstrels and sportsball players. At least you can cite Mike Tyson, Michael Jordan, Hendrix, etc. and not be laughed at.

>Since he was a middle easterner from Carthage
He wasn't just that. He was a Canaanite from the clan of Barqa. He was absolutely not dark skinned, but of the typical olive Lebanese look we still see today.

Mexican is a state nationality, not an ethnic identity per se (hence the differences in skin colors). Phoenician meant a very specific thing, meaning you came from a specific place and from a specific set of families.

Even today subsaharan features are very rare in what is literally called l'afrique blanc.

Like I said above, they were granted numerous klerouchia throughout the Fayuum Basin. But for the most part, yeah, the machimoi copts were lightly hellenised natives.

this guy gets his black history from Twitter for sure

Phoenicians were Semitic. They're probably more closely related to modern day Lebanese than fucking subsaharan Africans. They likely conquered the local nigger tribes and built their cities on the mountains of dead dindus

>He was a Canaanite from the clan of Barqa. He was absolutely not dark skinned, but of the typical olive Lebanese look we still see today.
There is a variety of skin tones within that group, just like every other group bordering the Mediterranean

>Mexican is a state nationality, not an ethnic identity per se
It refers to the various ethnic groups within central America such as mestizos

You're doing WE WUZ just as hard as people saying Hannibal was definitely black. Fact is, he was some sort of brown, but we don't know exactly what degree. Let go.

>tfw no Napoléon

>Name two and cite the patent numbers.

reunionblackfamily.com/apps/blog/show/18504293-the-inventor-of-the-cellular-phone-is-henry-sampson

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Russell

you were saying?

inb4 inbreds say b b b but they stole their science from the white man

The entire concept of 'Black' or 'white' did not exist back then, their concept of race was vastly different.

If you were to judge him by todays standard of black and white I would say he was not black but he was not white neither.

And, yeah, Hannibal wasn't black, he was phenician and berber. Carthage did use some blacks as mercenaries, though.

I hope Julius Malema becomes your future president. It's about time people stop exploiting South Africa's natural resources.

See: Picture of modern day Carthaginian Abdurrahman Dari

>The entire concept of 'Black' or 'white' did not exist back then
Hannibal literally lost against "Scipio the black", that got his surname because he was as black as sub-saharian africans. Lol.

His biggest mistake was laying over in the cities for the winter. It got his men used to the luxury and they stopped being the same battle hardened badasses they used to be in the spring.

I agree, even rich poo in the loo business men are exploiting our country.

Corruption is the biggest killer in Africa.

He was definitely white, check out this coin from around the time when he was alive.

Are you talking about Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus Major because he was most definitely not black, where did you get that from.

Actual successful black men are derided by the black 'community'. They are insulted, mocked, denigrated and treated like traitors.

Probably a berber, I have met a few of them before, they hate arabs

>modern day Carthaginian Abdurrahman Dari
hahahaha
not, not even close

these people are arabs with some nigger genes

He wouldn't even have looked Arabic. The Arab conquests were much later. Even looking "semitic" back then would not have necessarily been as swarthy as we think now because the Jews hadn't been subjected to a millennia of Arab rape yet.

When are Whites going to take back South Africa?

I mean, you're not going to just die off like Rhodesia, right?

They would disagree, arab is an ethnic identity and berbers do not consider themselves arabs they actually hate arabs.

Never, I am currently organizing myself to move back to Europe to correct the mistakes of my ancestors.

They should of never come here, let them keep this shit hole.

Most North Africans West of Egypt are Berbers.

Just because they speak Arabic doesn't make them genetically Arab.

>still no patent number
Must be tough having the reading skills of a third grader

das rite

No. No one was ever black. Blacks were invented by Ben Franklin for slave labor to build up America.

His hair is curly not nappy though. Also not shit stained.

damn i thought I was talking to a brotha

yea please do fuck off and leave mother africa

The EFF will rule South Africa.Start packing your bags

Not at all. He's from Hispania.

ANCIENT ASTRONAUT THEORISTS BELIEVE

and keep staying in denial...

actually made me think for a second

Man that's kind of depressing. Seems like only the Afrikaners are staying.

You guys literally built that country, you should fucking keep it. The Bantu people didn't even show up until you guys already arrived.

Martel was obviously a light skinned black man. Just look at him he's got eyes, a nose, and a mouth just like the average black man.

Sup Forums btfo'd

Arabs and Jews are both Semitic m8

Jews in Europe have come to look whiter, not that Jews were once white.

Yes they will rule it into the ground, the guys political mentor is mugabe and look what happened to that country.

They have every right to do that though, it's their ancestral land and I as a nationalist would be a hypocrite if I were to say they had no right to it.

I wish every single white person in Africa would fuck off and never come back and then blacks could not point the finger at whitey anymore.

They will have their freedom, freedom to starve. You should fuck off too and go back to Africa if you love it so much.

That's untrue actually, as time progresses displacement becomes more common, not the reverse.

I am not Afrikaaner, my ancestors are not settlers they were European immigrants. The Afrikaaners declared themselves a sovereign state apart from Europe hundreds of years ago so they have more claim to it but that is their fight not mine.

I how white people in America consider everyone a "nigger" no matter what shade of skin they have but when they have an agenda like trying to say south africa is for whites, they try to say only bantus are black and khoi san are not real africans lol

gtfo

whites brought my ancestors to the US as slaves. we didn't come here voluntarily but if the EFF gains power in 2019, ill be happy to move my black ass back to africa

Looks like Hellsing