Would you pay $200,000 for a trip to Mars?

Would you pay $200,000 for a trip to Mars?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jxKjOOR9sPU
youtube.com/watch?v=0u5Bh5PJGuI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interplanetary_Transport_System
sciencealert.com/it-s-official-nasa-s-peer-reviewed-em-drive-paper-has-finally-been-published
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Fendippitous Eggmen are returning soon...

FROM MARS

You fell for the hoax, bruh. We can't even leave low earth orbit.

If there was a base, and I didn't lose substantial muscle/bone mass in flight, fuck yeah bud.

>implying circling around a giant planet with no fuel indefinitely makes any fucking sense in the first place

trip implies i'd have to leave eventually

and i'll never have $200k because >working

You're just going so fast you never fall down

$200k seems like a small sum to pay so the trip will probably be shit. Ryanair level shit.
I'm not actually drawn to Mars desu. It's just a cold desert with no air to breathe.

i'd take a trip to mars if they paid me $20,000,000 dollars and paid half of it upfront to my family at home

who the fuck would pay to visit a dead rock

I hope they are one way and they convince all the liberal celebrities to go. Just tell them it will be round trip. They won't know any better.

Exhibitionists.

if I had the $200k

That's probably the greatest case of doublethink I have ever heard.
So scientists believe in magic now, is that it?

>he fell for the gravity jew

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jxKjOOR9sPU

nope.

$500 per day on hookers booze and food for 400 days.

hey man, ive been to mars and made it back.

No user, you are CONSTANTLY falling down but the earth is moving underneath you a drink you keep the process going.

The Fendippitous Eggmen make a good omelette.

NO.
because:
-i don't have 200.000 $
-if i had that money i would spend it on other things, such as my life plan, family, investment, open small business in my nation, get into city/regional politic
-there are many fun lifechanging experiences or places to travel to you can have for less than 200k, risking my life for a trip to Mars is too low on the list
-even if i had billions to justify the pricetag of the trip, i would not risk my wonderful wealthy ass and spend several months of my fantastic in a boring space probe just to be able to kick some red rocks.Time is precious too.

give me a billion dollar and a teleporter and i might think about a vacation on Mars.

Only if I get to bang some prime Martian pussy throughout the entire trip.

wtf i hate gravity now

shits not real
youtube.com/watch?v=0u5Bh5PJGuI

Please learn to science.

I'd rather go to Disney Land than spend decades travelling in a boring space ship full of gay nerds to some shitty planet.

Read a fucking book and stop trying to get an education 5min at s time on utube.

jesus christ what a fucking idiot

Read a book and stop trying yo get an education on utube.

We've had a base there since the late 60's.

Your move fellow conspiracy wizard.

If i can return.

Yes, the money is pointless if you really want to be a Martian I don't think they will be using earth currency over there. I may just sell up my house and shit to do it.

only if i can found the Adeptus Mechanicus and turn mars into a forge world

Seems kinda boring. Nothing to do. No internet what's the point?

I'd pay $200,000 just to die on mars.

Maybe, it depends fully on the type of work I can do there.

>Paying $200,000 to die

It's a new frontier, why do you think yurops went to colonize America and later California? There was fuck all there to begin with just opportunity.

And there will be internet, it just won't be in sync with Earth.

Titans here we come!

Why does that picture show a spherical mars when it's obviously flat?

> House in White neighborhood: $800k
> Trip to Mars: $200k

Hell yes I'll pay to go to Mars.

> Trip to Mars for me, 2 fertile women, and $100k worth of Tendies: $700k

mfw it's cheaper to raise a White family on Mars than in the Bay Area.

I would pay 20 grand if i get to the be one of the colonists starting a white ethnoplanet

>who the fuck would pay to visit a dead rock
Its not dead though.

I'd volunteer to be a colonist if there was such a project. The place fascinates me to no end.

Elon Musk pls go

>House in White neighborhood: $800k

Is it really like that in the fucking Bay area?? $350k will get you a nice 4 bedroom 3k sqft home in a top notch subdivision (in central Ohio)

Yes. $800k is generous.

In upstate NY $100k can get you 15 acres of timber-rights land and a 3bed/1.5bath within 1 hour driving distance of an international airport.

The downside is satellite internet.

>Circling around a giant planet... indefinitely
>with no fuel
Somebody has a basic misunderstanding of orbital mechanics...

I'll go one way for free.

no one leaves the firmament alive

Wats the point in going to Mars if it's going to be infested with chinks?

too expensive for suicide

Definitely not

Nothing to do there right now
Plus no internet

>inb4 brush or gtfo
Pic related

>an estonian posting le image du estonia
haven't seen that in a while, really shows how downhill this board's gone

I mean that it's been a while

Jump around in low gravity
Help build up the colony
Be on another planet
Fugg

Literally the only possible upside to the mars trip would be if there were lots of women

If I had $200k to spend then hells yeah.

No. If I want to be bored somewhere with red dirt, extreme temperatures and no intelligent life, I'll stay in West Texas.

That's pretty cheap, just being up there seeing the space and the flat earth would be great
How much that guy from NSYNC paid just to go to space?

You would probably get deadly dose of radiation during your trip. Solar bursts are much more dangerous when we leave earth's magnetic field and mars doesn't have magnetic field either. Spaceship would need water layer to shield it properly, otherwise they can fry if major burst occurs.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interplanetary_Transport_System

We need rockets like that. Current rockets can lift only 1/5 what Saturn 5 did. SLS and other big rockets are now under development.

EMDrive is most likely the future way:

sciencealert.com/it-s-official-nasa-s-peer-reviewed-em-drive-paper-has-finally-been-published

Can't wait for the first satellite tests. That thing can really make cheap flights possible.

EMDrive's inventor said that they are experimenting with superconductivity which could give them enough power to boost stuff to orbit and basically revolutionize travelling.

Is Memedrive really viable? I find it hard to believe scientists would use something they don't understand how it works

No, it isn't. Thrust is barely measurable and likely just a byproduct of heat radiating from the device when in use.

It's fake. The 'inventor' wanted to use it to drive flying cars.

For 1 KILOWatt of power you get less thrust than exhaling lightly.

>B-Bute NASA!

NASA also published the "arsenic as alternative in DNA" which was fake.

Try months mate, what are you even talking about leaf, nobody has ever said anything about it taking decades. Although it is still dumb.

Paper published clearly says that memdrive is nowhere near current propulsion but even now (presuming it's real) it's 1 order of magnitude better than solar sails, which are considered as a viable method of traveling. Unlimited fuel makes the difference

Uranus I could get into.

Sending kerbals there is easy. Bringing them back is the hard part.
I'm not signing.

>Would you pay $200,000 for a trip to Mars?
Yes. I would claim Mars for the Alt-Right.

Dude, duct taping a flashlight to a Spacecraft would provide more efficient thrust per watt than the fucking EM drive.

Off to uni now, look it up.

You are constantly falling, but the earth moving bit is retarded. You have momentum, and space is a near frictionless vacuum. You fall toward the earth at all times, but your speed is such that the arc you make is the exact curve of your orbit, and with almost no friction to slow you down, you just fall forever.

False. Reported thrust is higher than photon rocket (understood principle of propulsion) hence the shitstorm around it.

>Go to Mars with all the Tourists.
>Kill Males
>Rape Women
>No one to stop you.
>Earth watches you in action and masturbates furiously.

Imagine placing Pepe flag on Mars and shitposting while Soroscucks watch in agony

shit mate, how is it there? are the birds there just like the dinks in Bali?

totally. Imagine shitting on mars, in alien colonies, or maybe the earth-mars allied base,in zero gravity as the ayy lmaos watch in horror.
Holy fuck, I'll be crowned king pajeet.
Seriously though, so excited I can barely control my sphincter.

>tfw stole ayylium's tech support jobs too

kekd hard, nice post mate

A trip? Fuck that I want to stay there. Fuck this planet.

>have to share colony ship with rural Indians
>they still don't know what toilets are for
>take a shit in zero G
>floating poo flies all over the ship in every direction
>spend 3 months in a ship full of floating poop

Designated shitting modules