Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/us-usa-security-nsa-idUSKBN0NS1IN20150507
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>autistic screeching

so... yes?

>all drone strikes are done through ramstein air base
>last five minutes of citizenfour

daily reminder that this was published
can you imagine the fucking cost of moving this and splitting it up so russia can't take out everything in one single blow? and snowden is like wow this is huge we have to protect our privacy, make sure to publish this
???

what a fag

Yes he did more harm than good. My brother worked directly with him and said he was a snivelling faggot who acted like he was better than everyone else and that everyone in the agency wants him dead.

I know we're supposed to worship him, and I'm glad he publicized the pervasive spying, but there's something really smelly about the whole Russia and Wikileaks connections, plus handing everything over to a fucking insane moralizing billionaire who proceeded to dribble it out for cash.

fgt ctr bitch kys

I think you're confused, shill.

He is since he leaked classified information.
The question is was he morally justified in doing so?

thanks for translating my question into the obvious for your Canadian brothers, leaf

He did the wrong thing for the right reasons.

No, he's a patriot. We have this cute thing called the Declaration of Independence, which says that we have the right the alter or abolish our government if it fails to protect the fundamental rights of its citizens. In order for this to work, we need to be informed about what our government is actually doing.

"The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers which are cited to justify it. Even today, there is little value in opposing the threat of a closed society by imitating its arbitrary restrictions. Even today, there is little value in insuring the survival of our nation if our traditions do not survive with it. And there is very grave danger that an announced need for increased security will be seized upon those anxious to expand its meaning to the very limits of official censorship and concealment. That I do not intend to permit to the extent that it is in my control. And no official of my Administration, whether his rank is high or low, civilian or military, should interpret my words here tonight as an excuse to censor the news, to stifle dissent, to cover up our mistakes or to withhold from the press and the public the facts they deserve to know."

- President John F. Kennedy

He sacrifice his life for our enlightenment.

Not the same shit at all.
If you were to ask if someone who stole food so their kids could eat should be arrested I would say yes because it is illegal.
Doesn't mean I think they did the wrong thing.
Laws would need to be changed or an exception be made for Snowden to return but that opens the door to more people leaking information which the government wants to avoid. This is the reason he probably won't be pardoned.

Seems misguided to me. It's not like JFK went around telling everyone state secrets. We're not in some magical utopian society where we have no enemies, and we probably never will be.

Probably?
Opening national borders to enemy manipulation is also sedition so...

Everyone that isn't a stupid snow mexican already understands that. You barely grasp it and think you're intelligent because you figured out that it's not about whether he officially broke the law or not, but whether it's for the greater good. Range ban Canada for the love of Kek.

No

It's very simple, the NSA was not following the laws.

He is a patriot.

Ok so what would you do then?
Pardon him and fuck the consequences?

>he called me dumb
>does that mean he holds this particular opinion about some other subject
I would make a thread on Sup Forums and ask the autists what to do.

The NSA are the law you retard

holy fucking shit, nice b8

>is snowden a traitor
it depends legally or morally
>no its the same thing ur retarded lmao
ok so whats your opinion on the subject
>haha implying I would have an opinion you dumb leaf

No

>it depends legally or morally

it was both legal and moral

he was defending the constitution and our laws

soldiers don't have to follow orders if they think the order is unlawful

The government doesn't necessarily see it that way.

Then it means they are acting unlawfully and immoral

They are unconstitutional.

and? then the government is unlawful

Beyond that, I doubt that everyone in the government believes that warrantless surveillance of U.S. citizens is lawful

As long as there is a global oligarchy which operates in secret so that it can maintain power over a global underclass, there will always be such divisions as rivalries between nations, which don't really reflect the feelings of the actual people of those nations. I don't hate the Russians. I don't think Russians hate me. We're all pitted against each other so that Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan Chase can keep cashing out.

there has to be files showing alphabet soup is spying on the likes of Bernard, Ted, Marco, Nancy, Rand, Donald, Ron, Chuck, Paul, Mitch, Tim, Newt, and so on and so forth before they do anything...

but they already did

reuters.com/article/us-usa-security-nsa-idUSKBN0NS1IN20150507

NSA pls we know it's you

then idk what to say. Just fuck my shit up famalam.