Should adderall be banned? It's incredibly addictive and basically speed

Should adderall be banned? It's incredibly addictive and basically speed.

Legalize meth

Bruh are you kidding me? Do you want hundreds of thousands of college students to fail finals?

it's a controlled substance for a reason user

>incredibly addictive

u wut? It's basically the same as coffee. If you take it too much in a row, you'll notice when you don't take it. The withdraw effect is mild and only last for a day or two.

I take it and I end up grinding my teeth for 6 hours

No.

Because I've lost the ability to function without it.

>Basically speed
I started hearing this shit from everyone once that shit show Adam ruins everything ran their drug episode.

It's a similar effect, but it's like comparing a light bulb to the fucking sun.

it should not be prescribed to people under the age of 18 (or 21)

this is really misleading

first of all, not all ADD meds on the market today are adderall, and many can have much worse withdrawal periods.

"Mild withdraw" my ass.

Feel like superman on the day you take it and the next day or two you feel twice as shitty unless you re-dose.

Most of those i dislike since adderall keeps me up for a solid 16 hours and vyvanse is 24.

go away mormon

also, adderall can make you heavily dependent on it. see long term use of any amphetamine can cause permanent damage to your nervous system btw, because dopamine is actually a neurotoxin if it's not properly regulated.

thats why its a...wait for it... CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE

vyvanse gave me a panic attack that sent me to the hospital
only took 40mg also
fuck that shit

You must drink ridiculous amounts of caffeine for those two to be even remotely comparable.

Me coming off a twice daily small dose for a month was way worse than my two entire pots of coffee a day cold turkey.

You need to fix your dosage then. They're a hangover once it wears off, but it's only until you fall asleep that night.

You can abuse anything. If you figure out a good dosage schedule and cycle it, you'll be fine.

No but people should have to undergo more in-depth analysis and evaluation before being prescribed it to make sure the people who get it actually have ADD/ADHD etc.

It's not a made-up condition, there has been research showing stuff like pesticides, fluoride, lead and other environmental stuff can cause it in fetuses and infants exposed to them. Those people can't help having ADHD/ADD and it's unfair to take it away from them.

I take it only when I need to get shit done. While uni is out I don't touch it

most people aren't going to be doing that family

I'm not going to say that adderall should be banned, I think it's a fucking wonderdrug and is entirely necessary for people that don't properly produce dopamine and shit in their brains. But it's really disingenuous and irresponsible to go around telling people it's harmless.

drugs shouldn't be banned because it creates a market that only criminals can cash in on.

Kek. I've taken 200 mgs over the past 20 hours, and that's light for what I used to do. Also, vyvanse is weaker than adderall.

It's not harmless, but there's no "craving" effect that most people associate with addiction. You'll notice that it's not there, similar to coffee.

>basically speed
It really isn't.

Meth ramps you up. It's euphoric and doesn't sharpen your focus.

Adderall slows you down. Isn't euphoric (after initial regimen) and does sharpen your focus.

This is why drug dealers should be murdered

why should peoples right to life be waved for selling drugs?

>people should die based on whether they sell drugs arbitrarily deemed dangerous by the government

Can easily end the lives of others doing it

All drugs should be banned.

the are the ones that chose to do drugs.

This reminds me I should go into the government building so I can get free coverage. I've been off for like 8yrs or so and I gotta say ever since I've been going back to school

I took it for 2 years in my early 20's. It gives you the illusion of success and doing the right thing, when in actuality you are acting irrationally.

I took it as prescribed and ended up with an irregular heartbeat while taking it.

It's extremely addictive, and I slept for a week straight when I got off it.

It can have a use sure... for instance SOF units will use it for long missions... so do pilots.

Be careful.

Adderall is fine if you take low doses and limit use to once per week max.

>but there's no "craving" effect that most people associate with addiction

user..

Pilots and SF guys have moved on to Modafinil for the most part.

No, it shouldn't be banned, because banning drugs doesn't stop people from using them

Should it be prescribed as medicine to children? Shit no!

Adderall allows me to focus into my true mind power and productivity. It also increases physical performance and doesn't make me a glutton. I may have been prescribed it my second year of college because of >muh add, but noone has to know I don't really think it's that much of a disability. Adderall is a great performance enhancing drug and I reccomend anyone hit up the doc because you "can't focus"

>americans give amphetamines to their children

americans don't care about their children

It's very very rarely prescribed here in Croatia I have no idea why it's apparently pretty easy to obtain in the USA.

And all of your success can now be attributed to your dependence on amphetamines.