Other urls found in this thread:

math-aids.com/Fractions/
youtube.com/watch?v=LwHAK_HJO0I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

LOL

theyre dumbin them down on purpose so theyll be easier to control

public school is pure brainwashing

I got some news for ya bud. You're the idiot here

Wut? It's kid homework, it's easy because you've already learned fractions.

They're learning to find the lowest common denominator with easy numbers.

It's like, I understand what answer they want to see but the phrasing makes no sense at all.

It's not "easy", the questions make no sense and are simply phrased wrong.

>being this autistic

>herschberger

Why is the wording so strange?

>420/100

Am I retarded if I don't understand this question at all?

I think it's pretty clear that combine means add.

Anyways, I got C for number one and A for number 2. You multiply the 7/10 by 10/10 and then add, so 21/100+70/100 is 91/100. Same for number 2.

Explain how it's autistic that noticing the phrasing in those questions is retarded.

What the FUCK is this drivel?
This is supposed to help kids? It's so poorly worded it confuses adults.

It's 28/100 and 43/100, right? That just seems far to simple.

This is what I'm getting at. I was able to figure out the answers they wanted, but the questions they're asking are nonsensical.

Day of the rake...

>2 independent studies examine the same student pool (n=???)
>one study finds 42% carrot preferability
>one study finds 10% carrot preferability

>Q: how many students favor carrots

wut..

Same. The question does not make any sense. Think they want you to add the fractions, but the scenario does not make sense.

The phrasing is fine, non-native English speaker.\

It confuses stupid adults. This is a slide thread, all the smart people are doing pizzagate stuff.

So 43/100ths of a student prefers carrots of broccoli?

For all you retards who don't get it

You can't "combined" two fractions to represent both groups. Clearly they want you to add, but that doesn't make sense. Sample size should either change to 110 or they should be taking an average of the two.

If you have two classes who have 50/100 potatoes preference, between the two you don't have 100/100 potatoes preference

I think that is what they want you to do, but the word problem does not make sense. Why would you add the different proportions? The resulting number is meaningless.

but how many students are there

im confused

>what fraction represents both classrooms
Whoever wrote this question is retarded. I know what they're asking, but that's not how you fucking ask it.

I think you just add them
1. 91/100
2. 52/100

7/10 of the school and 21/100 of the students?!

Combine both fractions?

What kind of retard wrote this and didn't instantly realize the question is confusing and barely makes sense.

The phrasing is fucking retarded,
native English speaker.

jesus. the point is you can't extrapolate 1/10 kids to 10/100. in the example:
>42/100 pls
>1/10
>43/110 students

>muricans have multiple choices for THIS
It's germany they would be like "write down the fucking answer".

Seriously, do you have fucking multiple choices for fucking everything?

>american "education"

Top kek, and I thought schools here were bad

this.

Is one class 10 and the other 100? Are the classes the same size? We don't know if your two workaround solutions are even right. The OP is correct. The teacher who wrote the question is an idiot. The teacher probably wants the kids to add the fractions, but the resulting number is completely meaningless.

2 is 52/200, re read the question.

The first question is fine and is just an example to get students to think about waht fractions stand for.

The second is fucked up however.

You can add the two fractions and no, it's 52/100. You have to get the lowest common denominator first, which means you multiply (in this case by 10/10) and then you can add the two fractions. You can't combine x/10 with x/100

Multiplying a number by itself over itself is mathematically the same as multiplying it by 1, since 10/10 reduces to 1.

A is 52/100 on number 2.

It asked what number of students, not percentage.

Stupid question s

They can't give sharp objects to students due to desegregation, so they have to do their schoolwork using a stamp.

Well if you can make sense of these retarded questions, then the straight forward ones should be no problem after this homework assignment.

>One class finds a ratio of 7:10 potatoes:tomatoes for the school
>One class finds a ratio of 2.1:10 potatoes:tomatoes for the school
>Beyond showing a massive sampling error on someone's part, they want you to add these things rather than average them
Fucking burn public school to the ground, the ashes will be more useful

REEEEEEEEEE

American education everyone

kek confirms
i was thinking you'd average both to find the mean preference, but there were no correct choices

Maybe I am retarded but I got 91/200 and 74/100.

>which fraction represents both classrooms
Shit.... what's the answer to this?

200%?

This wtf. Adding 2 fractions do not give the "fraction representation of both classrooms". This is literally SJW math and how they come up with the 4 out of 5 women are raped in America.

Murrican't education everybody!

this

Ya I know how to add fractions. Adding fractions doesn't work in this context. Keeping the denominator as 100 is not representative of the sample size.

>(((Herschberger)))

First question: 91/200 = 40,5/100

Second question: 52/200 = 26/100

None of the answers are correct, what the fuck

Shit no nigger this was made to make you a factory worker not a leader

You're an idiot

>420/100

>be wrong
>blame the other guy because of his flag

Classic toothpaste.

It's math for 4th graders, not statistical analysis.

Wut. That's retarded. So if the first poll got 50/100 student prefer potatoes, and the other also got 50/100 of students prefer potatoes, 100/100 prefer potatoes? What if you conduct 3 polls? That doesn't make sense.

43/110 is unironically the correct answer to the question

>fractions of students

How many students prefer carrots over broccoli?
Your options are

Chose wisely.

You being stupid doesn't make me wrong.

>Implying there is a objective way of asking every single math question

Would it not be 74/100 for number two? they ask for brocoli, while the polls were for carrots.

Questions are a bit poorly phrased, but make sense in the overall context.

However, to answer your question, one of the largest problems with American education is that American teachers make dogshit pay per capita compared to the rest of the relevant world. If you're smart enough to be a great teacher in Clapistan, you're smart enough to make way more doing something else unless you have your heart set on teaching.

the whole problem is that you can't extrapolate those kinds of "Fractions". if 20/30 retards on Sup Forums dont understand this does that mean 400/600 retards wont understand it? the teacher accidentally into statistics

You're logic makes no fucking sence. You don't add polls like that.

I didn't read it that way, but yeah, that's retarded.

My work posted these signs today, comes to show stupid is everywhere.

Instead of writing fucked up questions, why can't they just give the pupils worksheets so they can actually work out the solution, like the ones on this site.

math-aids.com/Fractions/

I'm done. Please stay contained in this thread until it 404's, then make another one.

It's math for dumbass 4th graders who the fuck cares? You might as well complain that the dinosaurs in Land Before Time don't have feathers.

So? That's not an excuse. A teacher should be able to come up with an application that actually makes sense

Question one gives 2 data sets,

One is 7/10 of the entire school, or 70/100
The other data set is 21/100.

The average is now (21/100 + 70/100)/2 = 45.5/100

If you want the fraction to represent both classrooms, the fraction cannot be 91/100 since there are 200 students that were asked whether or not they prefer tomatoes or potatoes.
So 91/200 answered they prefer potatoes, not 91/100.

I would do #2 as well but I'm pretty sure you're just trolling, or you literally have an IQ below 60 and there's no point anyway.

It's 43/110

If you can't into grammar how do you expect anyone to take your math advice?

50% of Sup Forums are faggots (50/100 )
50% of /fit/ are faggots (50/100 )

By your nigger logic, 100% of /fit/ and Sup Forums posters are faggots since 50/100+50/100=100/100, instead of averaging.

ITT: autists don't know how to do basic math.

The questions are phrased that way to get you to mentally process the question at hand. If they actually thought you were retarded, both denominators would be the same in both instances. The most ridiculous part of all of this is the part that instructs to "show your work" despite both of these questions being ridiculously easy to figure out with just the slightest bit of thought.

For crying out loud, what is the matter with you people?

Here's my best shot at parsing the question

Mrs. Herschberger's class surveyed the school and found that 7/10 students (70% of the students) preferred potatoes over tomatoes.

Mrs. Swinney's class did a similar survey and found that 21/100 students (21% of the students) preferred potatoes over tomatoes.

The question "What fraction represents both classrooms?" would lead me to believe that you are meant to find the average between them, which in this case it would be about 46%. However the question for some reason wants you to combine the fractions (For what reason?) to end up with 91%.

I don't really get it.

No retard. Correct answer to second question is simply 43.

>thinking he's smart

Murrican't education everybody!

just sayin, that's why it gets picked apart by grown adults. or y'know, grown.. Sup Forumsfolk

Because I am ok in math, not grammar. I was raised by frogspeak.
And your math is still shit.

questions are stupid and are not logical, mostly.

RARE
A
R
E

Read again, it asks for carrots

Again that doesn't fucking make sense. You could conduct 30 pols and the resulting fraction would be larger than a 1. That is fucking stupid.

>420/10
DAS ET MANE

I didn't say that they weren't, I told you why exactly it is that you think they're stupid.

(((american education)))
i got a bad case of the adult facepalms after reading it and trying to comprehend wtf it is about.

fucking nuke your schoolsystem pls.

Woups yeah you're right then it should be 26/100

So what's the answer?
Are they asking 7/10 + 21/100
and
42/100 + 1/10
or is there some stupid language difference between the school being polled and students being polled. Do Mrs. Swinney and Mrs. Herchberger even teach at same school? Info not given. Because in first question Mrs. Herchberger polls the school. But all these facts are negated by the query "If you combine both fractions", so they are asking 7/10 + 21/100. Second question could be interpreted to ask what is 42/110 + 1/110, but 43/110 isn't an answer in the multiple choice section. In this interpretation, Mrs. Swinney has a class of 100, and Mrs. Herschberger has a class of 10.

I'd choose C and A respectively. Most of you are calling each other retards, but too scared to say what you think the correct is

4th grade math is the same as math for anyone else. What they are asking is simply nonsensical.

>Are they asking 7/10 + 21/100
yes.

Uh....so if two separate groups prefer something 10% in one group and 42% in the other group, how in he blue fuck does that mean that over 50% prefer the choice?

This, the question isn't asking for the average, which is something I would have been asked in a grade school math class. This question just wants you to add the fractions together, based on the available answers. Weird.

>I'd choose C and A respectively. Most of you are calling each other retards, but too scared to say what you think the correct is

I think everyone knows that C and A are the answers the teacher wants you to give, the problem is that the questions aren't valid and none of the given answers make sense.

>(21/100 + 70/100)/2 = 45.5/100
really made my almonds tingle

fucking go to bed weeddudelands.
dont even try to deciper or bring meaning to this "mathproblem" because in itself its fucking retarded.

Holy shit, that's really bad.

why do they put shitty phrasing instead of writing simply SOLVE THIS and giving a list of fractions?
as in
>SOLVE:
>7/10 + 3/15 =
>4/12 + 1/8 - 7/21 =

Day of the rake when?

Simple probability rules

youtube.com/watch?v=LwHAK_HJO0I

I wrote that that way to show that the correct answer can't be given in the format of X/100.

I thought the average German at least would understand, but I guess the average was brought down too much by Achmed and Fatima.

This. These questions are fucking incomprehensible. And I have a degree.

This

ah i see the problem, mrs herchberger's class is retarded they surveyed the school instead of their classroom.