Are you too "patriotically correct" (aka Conservative correctness) Sup Forums...

Are you too "patriotically correct" (aka Conservative correctness) Sup Forums? This is the yin to the left's poltically correct yang. How do you plan to combat this new narrative?

>But conservatives have their own, nationalist version of PC, their own set of rules regulating speech, behavior and acceptable opinions. I call it “patriotic correctness.” It’s a full-throated, un-nuanced, uncompromising defense of American nationalism, history and cherry-picked ideals. Central to its thesis is the belief that nothing in America can’t be fixed by more patriotism enforced by public shaming, boycotts and policies to cut out foreign and non-American influences.

>Insufficient displays of patriotism among the patriotically correct can result in exclusion from public life and ruined careers. It also restricts honest criticism of failed public policies, diverting blame for things like the war in Iraq to those Americans who didn’t support the war effort enough.

This is the part where you say, "HUR DUR I'VE NEVER HEARD OF THIS BEFORE!!! THIS IS A LIE PROPAGATED BY THE JEW LIBERAL MEDIA TO DISCREDIT THE RIGHT. SAGE REEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Sorry, but that's a exactly what a regressive patriotically correct individual would say.

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/12/07/the-right-has-its-own-version-of-political-correctness-its-just-as-stifling/?utm_term=.b7fb743d07b3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Blaming the liberal or mainstream media and “media bias” is the patriotically correct version of blaming the corporations or capitalism. The patriotically correct notion that they “would rather be governed by the first 2,000 people in the Boston telephone directory than by the 2,000 people on the faculty of Harvard University” because the former have “common sense” and the “intellectual elites” don’t know anything, despite all the evidence to the contrary, can be sustained only in a total bubble. Poor white Americans are the victims of economic dislocation and globalization beyond their control, while poor blacks and Hispanics are poor because of their failed cultures. The patriotically correct are triggered when they hear strangers speaking in a language other than English. Does that remind you of the PC duty to publicly shame those who use unacceptable language to describe race, gender or whatever other identity is the victim du jour?

>The patriotically correct rightly ridicule PC “safe spaces” but promptly retreat to Breitbart or talk radio, where they can have mutually reinforcing homogeneous temper tantrums while complaining about the lack of intellectual diversity on the left. There is no such thing as too much national security, but it’s liberals who want to coddle Americans with a “nanny state.” Those who disagree with the patriotically correct are animated by anti-Americanism, are post-American, or deserve any other of a long list of clunky and vague labels that signal virtue to other members of the patriotic in-group.

>Every group has implicit rules against certain opinions, actions and language as well as enforcement mechanisms — and the patriotically correct are no exception. But they are different because they are near-uniformly unaware of how they are hewing to a code of speech and conduct similar to the PC lefties they claim to oppose. The modern form of political correctness on college campuses and the media is social tyranny with manners, while patriotic correctness is tyranny without the manners, and its adherents do not hesitate to use the law to advance their goals.

washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/12/07/the-right-has-its-own-version-of-political-correctness-its-just-as-stifling/?utm_term=.b7fb743d07b3

>I made a word
>Sup Forums BTFO

Boy fake news sure is getting sad and desperate aren't they?

>blaming the mainstream media is bad t. mainstream media
compelling argument there

really makes you think

It's not "bad". The politically correct term is "patriotically correct".

>But conservatives have their own, nationalist version of PC, their own set of rules regulating speech, behavior and acceptable opinions.
lol wut? No they don't.

Great counter argument.

who gives a fuck what they call it

I have started to believe that at a basic level conservatives are a lot like liberals, the fundamental difference being that conservatives have a high regard for morality as opposed to liberals having the same for emotion.

Thankfully I'm not a cuckservative? Good job leftism, fighting the already killed ideology that only montana still claims?

This lolbertarian's argument is retarded though.

>don't like unregulated immigration of violent third-world ideologues and rapefugees into your country? you're just the conservative version of PC!!!

He's just a corporate shill.l who opposes the government doing anything at all.

Putting a label on something like that doesn't mean it is a negative. It's like white supremacy, literally nothing wrong with it.

Also, there is no need to create a new term for factual information.

Yes they fucking did and the media and culture was politically correct for right wing politics. Now media and culture is in the hands of the left and political correctness is in their hands. Back in the day you'd get a bunch of christcucks having a shitfit if a woman said she was pregnant on television and that elvis shaking his hips are the end of the world. Now you aren't allowed to say "hard workers" around some certain retarded black woman because it brings them transgenerational ptsd of slaves. A kid can say they're the opposite sex and want life altering body modifications and trying to talk some sense into them is now deemed bigotry. We used to have whites linking arms trying to keep blacks out of college campuses and now we have the fucking opposite. Society is spinning retarded upside on its head.

Wow another leftist attempt to coin a fresh shaming buzzword. Will it catch on in the affiliation of manipulation or will they realize it's a bit too heavy handed even for them?

I categorically reject this entire article.

Being a conservative, or a right-leaning person, has less to do with patriotism and more to do with fairness. If America was warped into a totalitarian dictatorship, on either side of the political spectrum, I would obviously not love my country anymore. Blaming nationalism for the worldview of those on the right is another sweeping generalization, another box to place us all into right next to the "Misogyny" "Racist" "Xenophobe" and "Bigot" boxes.

If I humored this article and bought it, I would still immediately have to question the premise as the election result was just about universally stunning. So where was this oppressive patriotic correctness? Where was the public rejection or shaming of the left? Since the result caused shock, one can safely assert these things never existed in the first place.

Moving on, the "poor white Americans v. poor minority Americans" is patently false and uninformed. I don't give a shit about anybody who won't work to better themselves. The vast majority of the people that voted for DJT in this election are, in fact, colorblind, genderblind, so on and so forth - but they are NOT irrational or illogical. They saw something wrong. They drew a conclusion, and this conclusion was drawn independently. What's wrong is this country is rapidly losing its identity, its youth becoming more useless every day, its screaming lobbies dictating law -- all this was enough to make everyone question what the hell was happening here. It has nothing to do with race or economic status. It has everything to do with what they believed would be a better option for the country as it stands. What would benefit them more/hurt them less. What would make them proud of where they are again.

So maybe in a way patriotism is what caused this result. But patriotism isn't the same thing as blind pride or nationalism. Patriotism is one simple thing:

Believing.

>Posts bait
>"You're not allowed to call this bait or sage because of you do you fit my strawman"

Sage, hide, move on

More deflection from the left, an inadvertent confession of guilt.
Just like the 'fake news' meme.

I thought OP actually might have had a point with that one but then I read this and actually that seems like a better point.

fake news

/thread

conservatives have a high regard for whatever morality they were taught when they were children

>left creates politically correct to stop people from telling the truth
>right creates patriotically correct to make people love their country

really made me think