00's commercial radio pop-punk was a psyop to feminize young white men, make them suicidal and self destructive...

00's commercial radio pop-punk was a psyop to feminize young white men, make them suicidal and self destructive, and get them to accept/promote homosexuality and become homosexual themselves, but I still really like it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8omHUHK4iXc
youtube.com/watch?v=92jgp7vNemc
youtube.com/watch?v=uCUpvTMis-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=i1GL9mVlCQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=9YkSki1qbLA
youtube.com/watch?v=vwgiawwmXs8
youtube.com/watch?v=WcwweoJDkV0
youtube.com/watch?v=8yvGCAvOAfM
youtu.be/2EC5kqUlFLc
youtube.com/watch?v=TsdIO8RHMTc
youtube.com/watch?v=jWFWazj7Ud8
youtu.be/v-Su1YXQYek
youtu.be/C4FG_xZAzsQ
youtube.com/watch?v=lfy2wgdtxQA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I like old Thrice and Thursday

but yeah

>05:57am
>meeting at work 9am
>still drinking beer
>I'M NOOOOOOT OOOOOOOKAY

Enjoy your poison

My Chem and AFI were legitimately good though, but otherwise I agree.

youtube.com/watch?v=8omHUHK4iXc

Now, but I can't
And I don't know
How we're just two men as God had made us,
Well, I can't...well, I can!
Too much, too late, or just not enough of this
Pain in my heart for your dying wish,
I'll kiss your lips again.

fugg OP now I want to listen to some MCR

> Oh don't mind me I'm watching you two from the closet
> Wishing to be the friction in your jeans
> Isn't it messed up how I'm just dying to be him?
> I'm just a notch in your bedpost

totally embracing cuckoldry too

The band name is about an addiction to Drugs.
Most Americans who are "Liberal" are Drug Addicts raising kids, one day they will Sober and realize they Fucked their Lives up and their Kids Lives up... probably like their parents did to them.

I am a Child of Drug addict parents, I was one for a few years, but sobered up and focused on work. Now I'm a Conservative Christian. I can confirm Drugs = Liberal Scum in a Liberal environment

No, it was a little later when the real faggy emo punk pop scream core came out.

Fuck I remember that year pretty clearly, I think

MCR's magnum opus. Still a shame they broke up.

But Three Cheers was pretty good. Black Parade is when it started going downhill.

youtube.com/watch?v=92jgp7vNemc

Does anyone else remember when everyone had gifs of boys from popular emo bands kissing in their forum signatures? (Green Day isn't emo but that's what everyone called it and what the fan culture around this music with young teens in the 00s was like.)

Op is so right. All the emo kids of the early 2000s are now the sjws and hardcore liberals of today

AT THE END OF THE WOOOORLD

>accept/promote homosexuality

Abum cover is a straight cover

Plus Ghost of You, had a great music video with Saving Private Ryan tier production values. Plus cute ladies

OR THE LAST THING I SEEEE

Re-listen to three cheers.
The album is a story, it's literally about getting revenge.

This is one gay fucking thread.

I listened to MCR daily in high school and i've never voted left in my life

I agree many of them are immature faggots however.

OP is wrong in my personal anecdotal experience.
But I was lucky enough to be redpilled at an early age thanks to the Internet Hate Machine.

This. Early 2000s was the best for this type of music. Around 2007 everything went horribly wrong.

No shame. I like MCR. Strangely enough I didn't like them back when they were popular and only really have them a chance maybe like 2 years ago.

People call them emo shit, and they kind of are, but if you listen past the lyrics Black Parade and Danger Days are really just Rock n' Roll albums

I was friends with hawthorn heights before they made it big.

Black Parade is their best album by far. Everything after that is complete shit.

>implying this shit started last decade

Three cheers is still better IMO, sounds less pop-y than black parade. I'll give it second place though.

>tfw disenchanted first song learned on guitar

Thrice is and still is good as fuck.

Consider this:
During the 90's was a tv series called "friends" it was one of the most popular tv shows of that decade in spite of promoting the most degenerate shit imaginable don't believe me? watch any 3 episodes then tell me that show wasn't written by fucking marxists. It promoted effeminate men, gays, men wearing pink, cuckoldry, emasculation, judaism and that is for starters.

I remember watching this after seeing that HBO Band of Brothers show I had so much more respect for my Dad for going through Vietnam after that.

He still has PTSD from that shit. Fuck'd up shit, I hope we never have to go through this again, and I feel bad for all the people who sign up for war. I can't understand why Liberals are pushing us into WWIII

good thing I only listened to my dad's creedence and eric clapton tapes growing up.

>emo
lmao gay

this actually makes sense OP. all the losers at my high school were into my chemical romance and I never was and fucked their girlfriends.

YOU ARE

You watched friends because they didnt wear bras and their nipples were always hard, dumbass.

Album cover is straight but it also had this song in it I swear a green day also had a popular song about the suffering of being gay but I can't remember what it's called now. It wasn't totally overt in all the music of this era, it was like a subtle gay virus, and the musicians would smooch in live performances to make the fangirls squeal. I still really like it though, my inner child is an edgy emo kid, it was just undeniably a psyop. Plus there was all the glorification of suicide in so many popular songs and self harm/cutting was even fashionable with the fans.

Does anybody know about the band "New Found Glory"? That's when the emo movement started.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WHY YOU RUIN FOB FOR ME?

Green day was pretty good until Dookie

>tfw American Idiot blew my 5th grade mind

I still fucking love them, and appreciate their new stuff just as much as the old stuff, even if it's different. Revolution Radio is a bretty gud return to form though.

NEVER COMING HOME
NEVER COMING HOME

Insomniac best album

ITT: people who don't know who Orchid were

I'll give you that Parade is a bit more pop-y than Three Cheers. I like the cohesiveness of The Black Parade more than Cheers, but both are really great. MCR is criminally underrated.

youtube.com/watch?v=i1GL9mVlCQ4

WHAT'S THE WORST I COULD SAY

Dashboard was more prominent than NFG. But really it goes back to the 80s with Depeche Mode type stuff.

Black Parade is 10 years old now btw.

I had always thought they did it because it made the girls squeal, and that was always their primary audience

I moved on to death metal as soon as I found it....don't ever remember any faggotry in the pit or at periphery of those shows

youtube.com/watch?v=9YkSki1qbLA

GAYYYY

the only acceptable Green Day is Kerplunk and 1039

The Scene That Celebrates Itself was about the aesthetics of noise, it didn't have any deep meaning it was far more ephemeral than that.

FTFY, the video makes it better.

does Sup Forums like elliot? youtube.com/watch?v=vwgiawwmXs8

>tfw all your favourite skramz bands are lefties

>Hi we're Green Day and we're against the establishment and biased media
>NO TRUMP NO KKK NO FASCIST USA
What did they mean by this?

There's always one of these faggots. Those albums are great, but it was not their best work.

Yeahhhhh that stung

Every band I've ever been in, toured in or played with up until I moved into playing prog/jazz fusion stuff have been almost exclusively hard leftist and generally either deluded idiots or smug cunts.

youtube.com/watch?v=WcwweoJDkV0

Nostalgia, the feels.

>I had always thought they did it because it made the girls squeal
Emo boys kissing was the catalyst for the sexual awakening for a lot of young girls who later became extremely vocal gay marriage supporters. "Why is it illegal for the pretty emo boys to love each other? Love is love! Omfg I hate Bush" was a common sentiment with middle school/highschool emo kids who were probably previously completely politically ignorant. There was the whole Rock Against Bush thing that all these bands participated in. And when Trump won the nomination the music video for American Idiot was at the top of the front page on Reddit.

WHEN I WAS A YOUNG BOY,
MY GOVERNMENT TOOK ME INTO THE CITY
TO SEE A GAY PARADE.

THEY SAID, "SON WHEN YOU GROW UP,
WOULD YOU BE THE APOLOGETIC VOICE TO THE HOMOSEXUALS, THE GENDERQUEER, AND THE TRANS?
THEY SAID, "WILL YOU DEFEAT THEM, THE BIGOTS, ALL THE HOMOPHOBES, THE ALT-RIGHT THEY HAVE MADE?"

Agreed, music videos were pretty damn great in the 2000-2006 era. I also liked the music video for 30STM's "The Kill" which was an homage to The Shining.
youtube.com/watch?v=8yvGCAvOAfM

I disagree, AFI had a lot of underlying themes about Kulturkampf and resistance while emitting an old-world, distrinctly European aesthetic, despite their often gayboy/goofnigger appearance.

youtu.be/2EC5kqUlFLc

Who here remembers Fuse TV?

sounds pretty gay desu senpai

WHO /MASTODON/ HERE?

youtube.com/watch?v=TsdIO8RHMTc

American Idiot was legit garbage bro. The only decent song I remember on that album was Letterbomb, and it's still worse than everything on Dookie or the other two albums I mentioned.

Next you're going to defend Uno Dos Tre. Whatever I'll agree to disagree.

>And when Trump won the nomination the music video for American Idiot was at the top of the front page on Reddit.

I was way too young to be that tuned into the political landscape, that's insane dude. I'm glad I never stopped in my pursuit of becoming edgier and angrier than the other kids at my school, evidently it kept me from going gay (a lot of the band geeks and the more popular kids are literally fags or "bisexual" on their facebook status)

It used to be so good! Then it went full MTV

The trilogy was shit we can agree on that. I'm also not gonna deny Dookie is better, that also is true.

Yah MTV was great then it went full degenerate.

Who wore it better?

>WHO /MASTODON/ HERE?

Which era Mastodon?

I love their older stuff, and their newer stuff is ok.

I think this video is hilarious though.

youtube.com/watch?v=jWFWazj7Ud8

Fuse was the shit. But I think like said it's all realityshit now.

>WHO /MASTODON/ HERE?

I THINK THAT SOMEONE IS TRYING TO KILL ME

INFECTING MY MIND AND DESTROYING MY MIND

youtu.be/v-Su1YXQYek

>honorable mention to Baroness

That's pretty much what it felt like at the time. We went from apathetic grunge to everybody being a complete faggot.

Whoever dies first.

mfw I just looked up their YouTube channel and it said it's the 10th anniversary of their The Black Parade album

I like their older stuff better too but they've never released an album that I couldn't get into

I have no idea what they were trying to say with that video but it was pretty funny yeah

>tfw /mastodon bros everywhere

only faggots love that emo shit any way

>tfw mars volta ruined music for me

I would think Sup Forums people would identify with the lead singer of MCR, Gerard way. Considering he was an autistic loser drug addict/alcoholic that was living in his parents basement until his band became popular when he was 27.

the mars volta are lefty fags

Who is this four chan?

WHITE WHALE HOLY GRAIL!

Actually, I forgot that's what the comic was from. I had a roommate into into Mastodon. Got him one of those limited edition vinyls one Hanukkah / Solstice. I almost got it this Christmas for a friend who always asks about new music to check out.

Baroness is tight

Nope. We jelly. The fucker also writes comics and hangs out with Grant Morrison.

Even Trent Reznor tried to go for the emo preteen twink look

>I have no idea what they were trying to say with that video but it was pretty funny yeah

I recall them saying they wanted some Atlanta vibes in a video because they are from their. Apparently the music scene in Atlanta is pretty diverse and supportive of each other? Who knew.

MOM'S GONNA FREAK

most musicians are leftys

enjoi
youtu.be/C4FG_xZAzsQ

I'M NOT OKAY

mfw a semi-goth Armenian chick I knew had AFI as her AIM buddy icon and got me to buy one of their CDs

CAMERAAAA TIIIIMEEEEEEE

>Thursday

MY NIGGA!

>sounds pretty gay desu senpai
I thought that was the point of the thread. I like mastodon too, though prefer my sludge more downtempo youtube.com/watch?v=lfy2wgdtxQA

I actually showed a pic of him from that era to my barber to get my hair cut like his [spoiler] for a cosplay

Yeah, that music video was filmed back when Jared Leto was seen as a legitimately talented actor and alright musician and not the edgy Joker. Suicide Squad was such an awful movie that it tarnished his credibility for all time and it's a shame.

>semi-goth Armenian chick

95% chance she was a qt 3.14, hope you fugged.

Fuck I thought that was DARE by Gorillaz.

Gerard Way disband MCR because he hated the mainstream media destroying the Goth genre. He hated being called Goth and hated the real psyops like Kill Hannah

Were you Sebby-kun? Lmao

>00's commercial radio pop-punk was a psyop to feminize young white men, make them suicidal and self destructive

this is honestly so true.

The best part was that this phase lasted all of a year and he gave it up for lifting and bulking to make up for the twinkery.

I miss Reznor man, he married and racemixed and now his music is shit.