Hey Sup Forums I started reading the King James edition of the Bible as you guys said it was the best version...

Hey Sup Forums I started reading the King James edition of the Bible as you guys said it was the best version. My question in, what church or sect or Christendom follows the King James version the most?

Other urls found in this thread:

timeline.biblehistory.com/home
m.youtube.com/watch?v=H124iZiyGUs
youtube.com/watch?v=Pxj8y5ctmiE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump for Jesus, I'm interested too

Yeah it's kind of strange that Sup Forums of all places got me more into religion than anything else in my life.

I grew up with the King James version. My family always considered themselves non-denominational Christians.

> non-denominational Christians

Honestly that's what I'm telling myself is the best way to be a Christian now. Like what does a priest know that I can't find out myself by reading the Bible.

Baptists
Amish

KJV isn't the best version. Most people can't understand it well enough. It's a disservice to point people to it when they would get a closer grasp of the meaning from something a little closer to modern English. There's always the ability to check the KJV after you know what's going on.

>King James

No just no.

New American Standard.

Orthodox. No, really.

bump to help you study user
timeline.biblehistory.com/home

The wrong ones.

I have been reading the King James version from the start. I am almost done with isaiah. Be prepared to read some crazy shit user. Giants, nephilim, mention of other gods, leviathan (bad translation imo), satyrs, and all other types of fun discoveries. Also, if you're bored and /nosleep/ read Revelation 9:11. Straight up mentions Greek Gods.

>King James
>Not reading it in the original Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic
KJV is good but you run into a lot of words or phrases that just aren't around anymore. Lends to a lot of confusion. I do have problems with a lot of newer versions that completely changed the meaning of things though.

Douay-Rheims for English or Latin Vulgate otherwise.

>Like what does a priest know that I can't find out myself by reading the Bible.

That's horrible reasoning. Priests tend to study theology most of their lives, and are trained to understand the Bible/theology. Otherwise you get shit like snake taming Pentecostals or female priests.

What's the major difference?

With all the coincidences abound and the evil of the children eaters I can't deny Christ ever again.

>s.jpg
God does not love you

The King James Version is the best one, but still mistranslated and has inserts by man.
As far as churches go I wouldn't know any that follows it closely.
People have many different interpretations of the King James Version, so it is hard to find an exact.
My guess is some Protestant church.

From what I can tell of the thread, translation I suppose.

Dont join a dumb church op here is a guy who will red pill you on the bible m.youtube.com/watch?v=H124iZiyGUs

I've only made it through genesis in KJV.

The fucking language is just awful and makes no sense most of the time. As somone who had spent their whole life reading normal modern english, this shit utterly confuses me most of the time.

Get an authorized king james lol dont read old english

greek orthodoxy
it helps you understand the bible ,since half of it was written in greek and orthodoxy looks into the philosophy of that time when the apostles spread it all through the mediterranean .

Dont mix mans philosophy with gods word also orthodox are wannabe jews

Alright Christbros I've been wanting to learn more and become enlightened so I found a bible in my house, the only thing is it's a Jehovah Witness Bible. Should I just read it anyway?

What makes it "authorized"?

I seriously don't know what other version to get.
The KJV is just awful though. I shouldn't have to strain to comprehend what I'm reading. It makes me feel retarded.

>orthodox are wannabe jews
Shots fired.

Its missing alot of stuff including whole chapters of the new testement lol go to bible hub and read pr listen online for free

>Jehovah's witness
very heretical
They dropped the deity of Christ and Trinity altogether. Their Bible is heavily edited from the original

The KJV was a political transaction. It wasn't meant to be accurate but to appease parliament during the reformation.

No, JWs are not Christians.

Its just called authorized king james the translated it into more modern english they have one on amazon or you can just go to bible hub and read or listen for free

No the jehovas edited the bible to fit their own doctrine

Try the New King James, which is much more readable.

Then what do you recommend?

Its still lightyears better than a niv or other shit versions

/lit/ tourist here; the best version is the 'New Oxford Annotated Bible with the Apocrypha'.

Should I, a Protestant, take the Apocrypha as canon?

There is only one

NAS is written by the devil, KJV is the word of God.

KJV is worst. Douay-Reihms is best. Calvanists used to follow Geneva, but nowadays follow KJV. Church of England still uses it too.

So? All translators do this.

>getting meme'd into reading the kjv

Read pic related instead

No. Kill yourself. Douay is the best.

Thanks for the input friendos. I'll be lurking this thread to try to figure out which version I should pick up.

Authors writing it in ancient greek gives it no magical connection with orthodox church - it's just medieval organized thievery.

If you're a massive pleb then sure.

NO!

King James is pretty much the same as the Catholic Bible but with some books taken out

>Like what does a priest know that I can't find out myself by reading the Bible.

Defend the principle of a Triune God.

Duoay Rheims is best there is only one holy apostolic church.

Lol offcourse not if you just read the kjv bible today you end up non-denominational

THIS ISNT RELATED TO POLITICS!!! GET OFF MY BOARD CHRISTFAGS!

Skrew calvin and his half retarded folowers they can shove there tulips up there ass

It's related to everything.

>taken out

What's the difference between the two?

I'm buying a hardcover of whichever one I decide on.

No way am I leaving the word of God in the hands of the internet or something dependent on electricity.

>ITT: Sup Forums doesn't know whit about Christianity and are just doing it because it's a meme.

The question should be so much
>what church or sect or Christendom follows the King James version the most?
But instead look into Sola Scriptura to find the original translations, meaning and context of the Old and New Testaments, then ask and find out which church follows that the closest. The Holy Spirit will guide you to find truth

*shit

>stop being interested in things you memelords

You're the meme here you willfully ignorant rube.

the RSV is the only God-tier edition.

Find a commentary from someone who knows the original languages. Someone like John Calvin, Matthew Henry, etc.

I'm atheist and I find the history of Christianity absolutely fascinating.

That's why we're trying to figure out the best version of the bible, shithead.

Didn't Jesus teach not to judge?
>Point proven that Christcucks don't know what the fuck they are talking about.

Nothing wrong with that.

No. There is only one God, and He is one being and person: The Father (Deut. 32:39 Isiah 45:5).

The only seriously accepted English versions of the Bible are:

NABRE
Douay Rheims
RSV

How is the ESV?

- Dont believe in the english translations, they are all beguiling
- Rely on the Hebrew text and translate word for word
- Disgard the "new testament"
- Paul was a false apostal, he was the wolf in sheeps clothing

Without christfags you would now have hillary as president , suck it atheist cuck

>Didn't Jesus teach not to judge?

Not judging and placating the intellectually complacent are two different things.

I know very well that I'm flawed and indicted in many ways. I am not perfect in the slightest. That doesn't mean that I'm just going to give a pass to those with a dismissive attitude toward the Divine.

JW are not Christians and are cucks, got a friend who is one, considers going to services that respect our army as a sin. Doesn't stand or sing national anthem because they are citizens of the kingdom of God. No trinity and etc. Do your household a favour and burn that book

The new king james iv heard is not as good as the authorized king james but i personally cant find a difference

>Didn't Jesus teach not to judge?
It was to not judge hypocritically. Read the next few verses and explain how you are going to remove the speck from your brothers eye (aka judge) without removing it (judging him). Check yourself first though.

>- Paul was a false apostal, he was the wolf in sheeps clothing

Please nigger he correctly prophecied the pope

Jesus beat people in synagogue. Calling you a shithead facetiously is well below that.

Not to mention, I'm not judging you. I'm just accurately describing the horseshit you're presenting. Also, that phrase doesn't mean even close to what your heathen ass thinks it means.

Why are atheists the biggest cunts on earth?
They are always picking fights and stirring shit.

dude you are rare, a christian monotheist. but god is an entity not a being. however, MAD RESPEC BRO MAD RSPEC

Not as good as authorized king james but the only difference i see is weird enlish phrases like godspeed

New American Bible

>But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.
Turn your face so I can bitch slap your ass for being a cuck a second time.

AKJV it is then.

Thanks to those that answered my questions. You have truly helped a fellow human.

The anonymity helps. The ideas have to stand on their own.

Christians can judge christaians but christians can not judge the unsaved because its retarded you cant judge someone on law they dont belive exists lol

user,

Go to Psalm:46

Count 46 words from the beginning of the verse.

Go to end of verse and count 46 words back.

Report your findings.

In my experience, the Baptists are probably the ones that use it the most.

But it doesn't matter much, so long as you use a literal (not a so-called "dynamic") translation, because then you're hearing what the authors said, rather than what the translator thinks they ought to have said. New King James is easier to read, but also good. I've also used Young's Literal, though the Hebrew grammar is sometimes hard to follow.

When I'm having trouble understanding a passage, I'll look up parallel translations on biblehub.com and infer the correct meaning from the context.

Hope that helps!

>I'm just accurately describing the horseshit you're presenting.
Is preaching gospel.

>Why are atheists the biggest cunts on earth?
Implying.

>They are always picking fights and stirring shit.
Never had an atheist come to my door, tell me I need Jesus and that I am going to burn in hell.

NKJ just updates some of the language. But if you're going to just buy one, go with the regular King James, it's a classic of English literature.

Precisely but atheists actively reject the word of God and actively fight against it.

They are to be treated accordingly to how the bible explains which is certainly not friendly.

In short.

Fuck you.

>nervously farts out some adolescence in response

Figures.

Look for a "KJVO" King James Version Only church

Independent Fundamental Baptist

Yea they only decive themselves as paul says they choose not to believe so yea fuckem

Book of morman or jw bible?

>nigger he correctly prophecied the pope

"So if someone tells you, 'Look, the Messiah is out in the desert,' don't bother to go and look. Or, 'Look, he is hiding here,' don't believe it!

Hmmm interesting, didnt Saul see someone on his way to Damascus like this? lol

>Alright Christbros I've been wanting to learn more and become enlightened so I found a bible in my house, the only thing is it's a Jehovah Witness Bible. Should I just read it anyway?
BURN IT. BURN THE HERETICAL TEXT.

I shitpost when it's time to shitpost. I am serious when it's time to be serious.

You're no shitposter; you're just an angsty little boy.

"Shake in"

I think I miscounted. 2sleepy4me

youtube.com/watch?v=Pxj8y5ctmiE

Why, based pastor Anderson uses that version the most actually. Only one he uses.

Sounds pretty Lutheran to me mate.