Since this is still the politics board, let's have an actual politics thread, instead of mindless shitposting

Since this is still the politics board, let's have an actual politics thread, instead of mindless shitposting.

Are the Russians and Japanese finally going to sign a formal peace treaty and solve the question regarding the Kuril Islands?

During Putin's visit they have already agreed to the following:

>joint economic cooperation on the islands
>free access by the former Japanese inhabitants to their family graves
>both sides appear eager to finally sign a peace treaty after 70+ years of cease-fire

Putin and Abe have already stated the following:

>the Japanese have agreed to work in the frame work of Russian law
>Putin has stated the sovereignty of the islands will not change hands
>Abe is part wanting to solve this issue so bad because his father failed to do so during his term of Foreign Affairs

What do you think Sup Forums?

I think they will end with an Exclusive Economic Zone with special rights to the Japanese and special rights for former Japanese inhabitants. Russian relinquishing ownership of the island chain will prompt seperatist movements throughout Russia's more troubled regions, so that option is not open. While on the Japanese side permanently giving up their claims will cause a huge loss of face.

Tell me your opinion.

Other urls found in this thread:

rt.com/news/370512-putin-abe-peace-treaty/?utm_source=browser&utm_medium=aplication_chrome&utm_campaign=chrome
airpano.ru/files/Kurile-Islands/2-2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

rt.com/news/370512-putin-abe-peace-treaty/?utm_source=browser&utm_medium=aplication_chrome&utm_campaign=chrome

Here's a link to the latest developments.

Exclusive Economic Zone is the most reasonable agreement one can get.
I hope we become friendly neighbours and partners in near future.

This literally proves Trump is a retarded puppet and Putin knows he can do what he wants. Why is Russia even allowed anywhere near Japan? "Joint economic cooperation" Wtf?

>Why is Russia even allowed anywhere near Japan?
Uh... Because it's literally near Japan?

So Japan gives up on pretty much everything? Korea and China will show no mercy for them...

>Why is Russia even allowed anywhere near Japan?

The most southern of the Kuril islands is a stone throw away from the Japanese main land.

>Joint economic cooperation

Only in the Kurils. Probably regarding fishing since that's the primary occupation there.

This issue doesn't affect the USA in any way at all.

If it wasn't for slavniggers, Sakhalin would be a first world, highly developed island instead of the rusty shithole full of drunk, inbred, aging slavquatters living in decaying gommieblocks it is today.

Russia is trying to split the western coalition so that sanctions on it can be removed. They think they will have a good relationship with America so they are trying to remove Japan as well. That will isolate Europe, which is Russia's largest trading partner.

It's also a pivot away from China for Russia. Now that they have a more positive relationship with the west they are not so dependent on China.

From what I have gathered so far, the negotiations surrounding the Kurils won't affect the sanctions. Both sides seems resolved to fix this problem either now or in the very near-future. The only question that remains is how they will sell it to their people.

>Putin can't give to much ground to Japan because this may spark unrest in unruly Russian provinces
>Abe will find it very hard to give up claims because this will cause a tremendous loss of face after 70 years of holding on to them

Also China and Korea will smell blood if Japans gives up the claims, like pointed out

>Kuril Islands

it's literally nothing. no value at all.

>what is strategic value?
>sovereignty doesn't matter in geopolitics

I'm always glad to see that Americans have a perfect understanding of international politics. Thanks for your informative post, user.

USSR offered 2 islands back as gesture of good will and a part of peace treaty. Japan would have signed it, but it was and still is a US puppet, and US said no. With Trump in office, the peace treaty might finally be signed. Russia may even agree to what USSR agreed and give those 2 islands.

If Japan wants some dead Russians, all they have to do is ask.

Im tired of being Israel's greatest ally, I want to crush the enemies of Japan for a few hundred years.

So if I am right.

Russia got what they wanted and Japan finally understands that Russia cucked japan and accepted it?

The Russians on Kuril Islands will now get better trade with Japan which will obviously help them.

But what gets Japan out of this all? more fishing water?

Looks like Russia once again is cucking another nation

Russia was pushed to sort of ally with China.
Japan shit it's pants.
Goes all friendly towards Russia.
That's basically it.
I don't see any other reason.
Economically Japan hadn't seen any growth for a long time. I guess they could see Russia's market as an opportunity for export, But that's unlikely.

>What does Japan get out of this
An ally against China.

Hmm yeah Japan is close to Siberia and other eastern provinces so they could easily invest in those parts.

Honestly I have faith in Russia. Their time will come. In 2017 the ruble will most likely be back to 35/40 ruble per dollar and once all resource prices go up that is the moment Russia should try to develop the quickest way as possible. Hopefully corruption won't be in the way of that

I don't think Russia will switch sides because of Japan giving up claims. They didn't suspend the sanctions yet.

You are basically right. However the islands have been Russia's possession ever since WWII ended. It will be a loss of face for the Japanese if they give up their claims now and may complicate the situation with China and Korea regarding other territorial disputes. However, a peace treaty will further economic development between Russia and Japan, which may be more beneficial to both than those two little islands.

Doubles of truth.

Yeah I think this is a good thing for the world

>Israel's greatest ally
Keep you enemies close, those things aren't our allys

I've been looking up panoramic photos of Kuril islands on google earth, it's a very beautiful place. Would be a shame to give them up.

Us-rus-jap alliance

Nothing will change. All this contracts with japanese companies and 'joint economic cooperation' is purely symbolic.
It all about Putin coming to G7 country and enjoying warm welcome. That's all.

>Mexican flag reflects on white people issues.

My sides

Nips won't get anything serious till they suck murican's dick. Russia will always support Soverign China and not going to change sides.

Fuk Nipps, Fuck Jew-S-A.

Really? Both sides really seem to want more economic cooperation and a peace treaty to facilitate that process. I can't see why the peace treaty won't be signed soon. The will to do so seems to be there.

airpano.ru/files/Kurile-Islands/2-2

Some day I will fly to your country just to beat the shit out of a Canadian. You're really asking for it!

Nah, he is right. Very small chance of real change on the island issue.

I can't wait till your shithole of a country collapses

T. Stalinist

People like you are why your country is in the shitter.

I fail to see how this is a bad thing

How do the Japanese see this issue? Will the status qua be maintained forever? There isn't much to be gained from that.

>lose war
>lose territory because you went to war
>Still want the territory back
>Winning country should give it back
>West supports all of this, unless the country in question is israel.