California might leave the union

>California might leave the union
Thoughts?

No legal way, but I'd love to see it. California is not as independent as libtards like to think it is, and losing a solid blue state that big would shift the electoral college permanently towards Republicans

Nothing of value lost, and elections would go red for the rest of eternity.

Sounds great to me, let them leave.

How can I help?

Good riddance.

its 306 yo

Bye.

The military would invade, kill the Leftist foot soldiers en masse, and then the Silicon Valley/Hollywood backers would be executed for Treason.

So things would probably work out, is what I'm saying.

The only question is who would miss them.

No they won't.

America will never, ever give up that much of it's coastline, valuable ports, and military bases.

I hate Commifornia as much as the next guy, but all it really needs is to be broken up into smaller states.

>union
>leave
How can illegals leave what never was an union, but a state with own laws? You could say they have no laws if illegals can study without papers and get employed without papers. Oh hi Afghanistan, nice California impression, but you need more money.

North and South California?

For how much conservashits love to bash Commiefornia, the fact is CA pays double in taxes than what they get back form the Feds. If they left, which they won't, but let just assume they somehow could and did, the rest of the nation would suffer horribly as a result. Federal taxes would go way up, cost of food grown there would skyrocket, most of the tech industry would be gone. it would be a disaster for everyone else, even if it managed to work out for the Californians.

Literally nothing of value would be lost.

The whole West coast can disappear today and it wouldn't have any impact at all on the rest of the U.S.

The East coast is the only important part of the U.S.

Mexico would reclaim it.

Cali pays a lot of taxes because of a few very specific industries located there. The rest of California is a giant money pit with no bottom. Without US federal law, all of those corporations would move. Hell, most of them are actually incorporated in Delaware solely for the favorable laws.

>The East coast is the only important part of the U.S.

The East coast is practically irrelevant compared to the West at this point. The only relevant industry the US has is software, and the software giants are all in the West coast. The East coast only matters because of the critical mass of people located there, meaning they generate a lot of taxable revenue by virtue of selling shit to each other.

Yet it is fair that a vote from California weighs much less than a vote from anywhere else in the union.

Representation is proportionate to population so that is not true.

>The only relevant industry the US has is software, and the software giants are all in the West coast.
PPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA
nigger. oil must be refined before you can use it. tell me, which country out of the 163 recognized countries, refines the most oil

that is such a gross misunderstanding of markets it boggles the mind
go look up hurricane sandy and wonder in amazement at how people got their gasoline without fucking federal tax dollars

>might

No, it won't.

Let me guess: you also think Russia "might" have hacked the planet because of baseless conjecture.

No

Oh no, that sucks!

I didn't say it was fair, just that California isn't going to leave but if they did leave, it would hurt the rest of us a lot more than it would hurt them.

London said the same after Brexit.

it's not surprising that you're too stupid to see reality because you're living in a right wing bubble. But it's not my job to educate your dumb ass. Buh bye now retard.

ITT: russians paid to try and break the US apart because putin is still butthurt about that $500 billion arctic oil contract being frozen due to US sanctions.

Cuck manlet rage.

>Pacific Rim secedes
>New England secedes
>Texas secedes
>All the remaining states now have no welfare money coming in
Burn. BURRRRRN. FOR THE COLONY. BUUUUURRRRRRRN.

How will America cope without California destroying everything that makes America a good nation

>Which country

US obviously, but we're talking about regions of the United States in this thread. You can refine oil in numerous countries. Petrolum in the US is also largely refined in the South, not the East Coast. See pic related.

>California secedes
>San Andreas fault breaks and the whole state is fucked
What happens next?

>federal government letting all of that land, tax revenue and mineral resources just leave
We fought the south for a reason and I'll give you a hint. It wasn't muh slavery.
Follow the money.

I hope they manage it before the big one hits, so I can sit back and not give a shit about several disgusting degenerate shitholes burning to the ground at once.

>there is no legal way unless we make a legal way
thanks

Colorado might stop letting California have water, but probably not since the state is basically Cali 2.0 now

california is bigger than the uk

If the US breaks apart, New England is like WW2 Germany but actually dangerous. All the money. All the brains. All the defense development.

It would be like taking a disjointed, chaotic, infighting foe and creating a foe that can release solar-powered killer robot spiders all over your country.

But that's wrong, you fucking retard.

>the fact is CA pays double in taxes than what they get back form the Feds.
Maybe in corporate income taxes. Cali is a giant welfare state. And don't try to tell me Silicon Valley would leave the US market if Cali seceded. That's fucking ridiculous.

Yeah, no. The rest of the US needs their ports.

Baltimoron here. No we fucking don't.

ITT the alphabets try the usual strategy of a vague boogeyman with allegations of anti-patriotism.

It doesn't work after you've been pushing globalism for 2-3 decades.

One chilly winter and they're done.

Also their entire military gets pulled out, they cut trade w/ USA, and DIE.

Man, all these posts about MUH WATER and MUH OIL not being a thing in Cali.

Who's their neighbor to the north who'd be more than happy to share?

consumption actually is more relevant than software. money changing hands multiple times is the bulk of americas gdp growth

the east coast has more people. additionally software has always been overpriced and most people dont pay for photoshit they pirate it . nobody pays for windows 10 so how important is software? google gets by with money to bump search listing relevance

silicon valley is just yuppie faggotry

> Commifornia leaves
> Rest of the US now sees it as a threat
> Invades and kills most of the degenerates living there
> Takes it back and sets a puppet goverment
> Noone in there gets to affect American politics ever again

Sound like a great deal

>thinks we can ship everything to and from asia from baltimore

definitely a moron

Good. I can't wait until all the californians leave my precious Texas.

That's their own fucking fault for living in the most populated state in the union. This is just a cute factoid that is completely meaningless

The system is designed to keep every state relevant. Are they going to start bitching about house seats? How about the senate where they get 2 no matter how large they are?

All this Californian angst is over them not being able to shout down the rest of the country.

It's not going to happen. California would need to convince other neighboring states to join up in order to gain access to enough fresh water to keep its citizens alive, and unlike with Britain and the EU, it is against US law to secede from the United States.

A better way to protest against Trump and the GOP would be to refuse to pay their taxes, or at the very least to pay as little in federal taxes as is legally possible. Red states would be effectively starved out by the massive decrease in federal funding that's provided by Blue states like California.

You don't get to leave the union. Some southerners tried once, lots of people died.

That worked out real great for South Carolina.

Good fucking riddance.