Why doesn't someone just fucking take over North Korea? I know they have a huge standing army...

Why doesn't someone just fucking take over North Korea? I know they have a huge standing army, but its full of malnourished underequipped soldiers.

Would the world even care? Like if a paramilitary force of 50k people just went in and took over the country?

china would defend them

They have nuclear weapons and they might just be crazy enough to use it.

What's wrong with North Korea?

China would be pissed. They keep NK is a source of cheap slave labour and resources. Nobody wants to trade with them so China can dictate the prices.

Because China retard

For some reason china still defends their sovereignty.

South Korea has a plan so that once china no long defends them, they invade

There's nothing wrong with them. I just figured theyd be a decent country to take over.
Hadnt considered that, makes sense.

They have nuclear weapons and motivated people.

What are you going to do with it once you have it? Can you afford to support 30 million dirt farmers?

Exactly. North Korea exists because nobody wants to deal with floods of millions of starved, brainwashed refugees,

They'ed crash the economy of China and South Korea.

>Like if a paramilitary force of 50k people
What's your staging area going to be?

I imagine without an imbecile dictator, a devoted people, and some support from the US you could catch it up to Japan in 20-30 yrs

>Why doesn't someone just fucking take over North Korea?

Because it'd be a net loss.

If you take over North Korea you end up with:

>A large uneducated population stuck in the 1950's
>small areas to actually grow crops, rest is just fucking fucking rock
>Infrastructure so bad it needs to be torn down and rebuilt
>You're now touching China

Nope. Not worth it.

Japan got invested in, bigly. Who will cough up the cash in the current economy? Corporations? They're not going to wait 30 years for profit

>invade best korea
>get buttfucked by china
>fight for a few years
>sign shaky cease fire, but never actually end the war
yeah, ok

I imagine it could go down like this. A joint force between the US, Japan, and Korea. The US distracts China with some bullshit in the south, and the force moves from Japan to SoKo. Once there, they travel by sea to the bay near the capital of NoKo. US gets a territory in East Asia, south korea gets a functioning second half, and Japan gets more insulation from China. Ezpz

No you would get absolutely fucked. NK has a very powerful military for its size, and its people are not as weak as you have been lead to believe.

I don't think they're weak per se, just that a small better equipped force could certainly storm the capital with the element of surprise and kill the leadership. Armies arent super effective without generals.

China only cares about NK because they worry about US influence via South Korea, and if NK flipped and Korea united again then it would mean US backed-countries with US military bases would literally be touching borders with China.

Meanwhile the US wants nothing to do with NK, and neither does South Korea because picking up the bill to reconstruct half the country would be YUGE.

Therefore nobody is gonna do anything for a long time. When NK collapses, it will be from within.

What if the US, Russia, Japan, and SoKo worked together to install a Western friendly government? I don't think China would really have much of a choice.

This. Nobody likes N korea, but they are useful to China as a buffer state

Japan and Russia are broke and hoping for inverstors themselves. South Korea is a mess that was literally ruled by witches and just impeached the government. Nobody got time to babysit a strategically irrelevant North Korea

Why would the US try to muscle its way against china when both your economies are so intertwined - all for the sake of NK? It would hurt both parties more than either have to gain.

Also China does its best to appease NK whenever it goes a bit loopy, because despite being great at trolling japan, China has no interest in seeing Japan getting triggered so hard they'd consider getting militarized again as they are a nuclear capable nation. It's a very volatile situation and all the large economies do not actually to rock the boat because it does not benefit either party.

tl;dr China is basically NK's babysitter until it finally explodes from the inside and nobody can be diplomatically cornered into paying the reconstruction bill.

Maybe sovereignty or something?

The whole "fucking rocks" thing is painfully true.
But that's one of the reasons NK aimed for nuke stuff. They want to be left alone.

China intervened last time.