Be Mother Teresa

>Be Mother Teresa
>Born into a small family in middle of nowhere, modern day Macedonia
>Move to India on a mission from god to help the poor and dying
>Set up the Missionaries of Charity
>Take vows of chastity, poverty, obedience, and "wholehearted free service to the poorest of the poor"
>Spend entire life caring for refugees with HIV, lepers, the mentally ill, orphans, and pretty much everyone considered a degenerate by this board
>You can contract leprosy, a debilitating illness synonymous with being a social outcast, just by hanging around other people with the disease by the way
>Fuck it, these people need care
>Rely on charity and donations for help, despite the fact that "give money to HIV infected prostitutes" does not really get the same attention that "kids with cancer" does
>Help hundreds of thousands of people throughout your entire life
>Gain international notoriety for being a selfless caring individual who devoted your entire life to helping the sick and dying
>My fucking face when dipshit Marxists and general faggots like Hitchens and Prashad call me a fraudulent agent of colonialism.

I hate atheists and communists so fucking much.

Anyway did anyone else on this board go to catholic high school as a kid? Archdioceses of Philadelphia reporting in. We only had one molester at our school, and it was a basketball coach not a priest. Father Delaney was awesome.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V4nCaxHN-cY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redemptive_suffering
catholic.com/magazine/articles/a-pope’s-answer-to-the-problem-of-pain
newoxfordreview.org/reviews.jsp?did=0108-seaman
cbsnews.com/news/the-debate-over-sainthood/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck drumpf and fuck white people

The need for charity is proportional to the level of corruption in a society (except in cases of natural disaster where initial charitable action on the part of strangers is an important part of the relief effort).

It's questionable how many people she actually helped. She was not nearly the largest charity in her city in the biggest way.

Anti-theists do worse than you think though. They make her out to be a villain, deliberately seeking hurting people and seeking conversion alone by confusing her Catholic doctrine of redemptive suffering for masochism and somehow missing how she was respectful and did not seek conversion to other religions explicitly. So much so that she receives criticism from fellow Catholics for respecting other religions so much.

The most damning thing of all, however, is not realizing how nigh impossible it was to get pain-relievers in her area due to laws during her time and thinking she's deliberately trying to make people feel pain. It's absolutely ridiculous and disgusting to say of such a caring woman.

All the criticisms of Mother Teresa are complete horseshit.
>"hurr she took money from a dictator"
And used it to help the poor.
>"hurr she never provided real medical care for people in her hospices"
No shit, this was one of the poorest places on Earth, medical facilities capable of treating HIV and leprosy are fucking insanely expensive, it is an impossible demand. These people are lucky they even had a place to sleep and eat, that was all the hospices could afford to offer, but it is so much better than nothing, especially for people who would otherwise literally die on the streets. You can't expect some nun with almost no resources to be capable of conjuring up an advanced medical facility in the middle of the poorest region on Earth.
>"hurr she was never religious"
Yeah she had trials of faith like every other religious person, almost nobody has a perfectly unwavering faith at all times, what matters is she continued to do her work in times of doubt and put faith in God rather than fall into error and quit.
>"hurr she thought suffering was good and encouraged it"
She knew suffering was inevitable for these destitute people, is it wrong to help them come to terms with their pain by convincing them that it is instead something beautiful? She obviously never encouraged suffering, or she would have never built her hospices in the first fucking place, but she knew suffering was inevitable for these people so she did what she could to comfort them (and her own conscious) by telling them that suffering is Christlike (which is true). This is not wrong, not in the slightest, it's about as wrong as telling a kid dying of cancer that he is brave.

The fact that Atheists criticize one of the kindest women to have lived in the past century is just mind blowing.

>The fact that Atheists criticize one of the kindest women to have lived in the past century is just mind blowing.

Anti-theists tend to be extremely biased towards things that damage religions. Hence why the fringe belief of Jesus being a myth gains much popularity through Reddit... and that's about everywhere it is popular.

La Salle college high school. Tbh I don't mind Christianity i see it's purpose but not for me.

>not for me

I honestly do not think you see its purpose then.

They just wanna shit on anything that people care about or find hope in. If you make the mistake of showing that something is important to you, they promptly drop trou and defecate on it, just like pajeet on a clean street.
They do the same thing with ghandi, fucking ghandi

Mother Teresa's death was one of the first things that repulsed me away from atheism. The entire internet was on about how she was literally the devil, and all these pseudo-intellectual atheists spat blatant lies and spewed their barely contained euphoric rage everywhere. It showed me how most atheists are hate-filled, sad little creatures parroting whatever makes them feel a sense of smug intelligence.

>La Salle college high school

I was a John Carroll for a while, but my parents pulled me out due to all the ghetto trash they bused in.

I think I ran XC against you guys.

What shit do they say of Gandhi?
I can't say I know much of the guy.

Fuck off pedo apologist. The child rapist get moved across the country when they get reported

All the 300 people on the internet were angry?

A few bad apples do ruin the whole batch, eh?

racist, propagated the caste system, pro-british, anti- sikh, blahblahblah

fuck that horrible bitch

youtube.com/watch?v=V4nCaxHN-cY

>We only had one molester at our school
>ONLY HAD ONE
here's your problem

Plus, she was blessed with the Dark Night of the Soul

god wants you to be successful and fruitful.

This woman was serving her own ego and the kikes that run the catholic church. Helping shitskins around the world is not redpilled.

She was a monster, read the dairies and letters that were withheld for a long time.

She believed that suffering brought you closer to christ (because he... suffered, i guess), so she would keep the poor and sick in beds on the floor, without treatment other than being fed, so they could suffer and she could preside over mass suffering.

its sick.

>Penn and Teller believing Hitchens on Mother Teresa

lolno

Hitchens' criticisms don't hold up to examination and his lauded book is deliberately made to be a hitpiece.

She was not a monster and you're just buying the words of people confused about her teaching the Catholic doctrine of redemptive suffering.

She was a huge cunt
Educate yourself faggot

This.
That woman was no saint.
I bet her body decayed.

everything he has written is true faggot kys

Cardinal Mooney, Sarasota, FL

So now that we have Reddit coming in spouting bullshit of this woman, I'll repost.

She's claimed to have outright denied modern palliative care from the dying with the express intent of trying to get them to suffer in a masochistic sense. This is extremely easy to shoot down given that modern palliative care was simply unavailable in India, let alone the West Bengal.

With reference to India generally, see, e.g., Rajagopal MR and and Joranson DE, "India: Opioid availability - An update", The Journal of Pain Symptom Management, Vol. 33 (2007) 615-622, passim. As late as 2001, researchers could write that "pain relief is a new notion in [India]", and "palliative care training has been available only since 1997" - Rajagopal MR, Joranson DE, and Gilson AM (2001), "Medical use, misuse and diversion of opioids in India", The Lancet, Vol. 358, July 14, 2001, pp. 139-143 at p.139.

With reference to West Bengal specifically, it was only in 2012 that the state government finally amended the applicable regulations simplifying "the process of possession, transport, purchase, sale and import of inter-state of morphine or any preparation containing morphine by 'Recognized Medical Institution'." See: International Association for Hospice & Palliative Care, Newsletter, 2012 Vol. 13, No. 12 (December); and for a brief regulatory overview for the previous year, see M.R. Rajagopal interview with the UN Office on Drugs and Crime, April, 2011 India: The principle of balance to make opioids accessible for palliative care.

And note that she had died in 1997.

Part 1/2

part 2/2

On the topic of masochism generally, however, this comes about from misconstruing the Catholic position on Redemptive Suffering.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redemptive_suffering

You can read more on the Catholic view of suffering in detail here.

catholic.com/magazine/articles/a-pope’s-answer-to-the-problem-of-pain

The claim of masochism is a warping of the traditional Catholic view either done out of ignorance or bias and, along with the lack of modern palliative care in the Missionaries of Charity's hospices, come together to form the popular and entirely fictitious view of Mother Teresa as a villainous monster. It's all conjecture.

As for her disposition on the poor, I'd recommend her private writings where the Oxford Review says "Page after page documents her perpetual sorrow with the miseries of the poor, the "least of all God's creatures" living in unimaginable "holes"". I'm not sure how someone who is secretly like that could also secretly be a masochist.

newoxfordreview.org/reviews.jsp?did=0108-seaman

And, to end, there's the strange popularity in using Hitchens' book The Missionary Position as a basis for claims in popular media and in biographies despite Hitchens book being a deliberate hitpiece. And this is undeniable as Hitchens was asked by the church to be a hitpiece so to fulfill the role of "Devil's Advocate" in the canonization process for the, now, St. Teresa.

cbsnews.com/news/the-debate-over-sainthood/

Like most things with Hitchens, he does a great job at sounding intelligent and having a sense of morality but still being fucked up in his arguments.

If true I rescend my previous comment. Making shitskins suffer is hilarious

user, what the fuck is wrong with you.

She should've been executed for helping people who breed too much.

>worshiping jesus in any way

Wrong board faggot

More like

>Be mother Theresa
>Get people killed because you care about virtue signalling more than helping people and are a creepy cultist who thinks suffering is virtue
> Suck dictator dick for donations, spend all the donation money on your order instead of helping people not die in piles of their own shit
> Get venerated by retarded Christians like OP

You are why Christcuck is a term.

> No shit, this was one of the poorest places on Earth, medical facilities capable of treating HIV and leprosy are fucking insanely expensive, it is an impossible demand.

TFW you don't have enough money to help lepers, but lots of money to spread your order all over the world.

>this
>coming from malta
You should know better. She held the Catholic doctrine of Redemptive Suffering, didn't become a public figure into well into her late age, and has the budget handled by the Vatican like every modern religious order.

Don't forget he slept naked with little girls.

We have hospitals in Malta, despite being massively Catholic. I guess we're doing it wrong, pulling rotted teeth instead of telling them they'll be closer to Christ because it hurts like a bitch.

Not a christfag so I think the oppositional stance of ameliorating suffering by increasing suffering is ironic and actually kinda amusing in a twisted way. Jeez when did this place turn into reddit.

It's called hyperbolic satire.

?
What?
You seem to think redemptive suffering is masochism or Mother Teresa was some form of masochist. See

>Jeez when did this place turn into reddit.
Sup Forums was always critical of degenerative behavior, m8.

Hitchens tore Mother Teresa a new asshole, I don't know how anyone could even attempt to defend her after that

Im so glad Sup Forums isnt christian.

By refuting the claims, obviously. It's easy to do. See:

Archdiocese of Detroit

Hitchens book had little to no credible footnotes or sources.

He was just butthurt a Catholic figure got more admiration than he'll ever get.

I figured you retards would be smarter than to read a book from a fucking marxist who whined about capitalism to the end. I'm glad he's dead at least.

nice flag

>write a refutation of Hitchens claims to people stating its obvious that Mother Teresa was an awful person and how you just need to educate yourself
>no responses
>they stop talking altogether
>again

What the hell, people.

people who care about your arguments already agree with you and wont post (except for me)
people who disagree don't want to be proven wrong and leave saying "whatever fucking christcuck"

You've literally made zero arguments there.

1) You've simply said "NOPE" to the claim that Redemptive Suffering is a masochistic doctrine. NOT AN ARGUMENT.

2) You've suggested that Hitchens did not believe what he said because the Church wanted to make the counter-case against her, in an obvious show trial, they were never going to not canonize her.

This somehow meant that dishonesty was involved rather than him re-iterating his honestly held position. NOT AN ARGUMENT.

3) I can believe she felt bad about the poor's plight, but she still justified their suffering by appealing to suffering as a virtue, which also kept her from doing everything in her power to serve them. To the point where people died who didn't need to.

this thread is a reminder that christianity was a previous incarnation of sjwism that ran its course and is now lurching around like a zombie. who among you does not see the parallels between how sjw liberals freak out and how christians do it?

>be mother Theresa
>get millions from rich
>spend millions opening hospitals thay provide no comfort or relief, but just let you sit there and die
>never spend any money actually helping

Do you remember when Malta was based?

Irishfag here. She studied to become a nun in the loreto order here. We were told she was the perfect Christian in school.

Leprosy isn't contagious though

>1) You've simply said "NOPE" to the claim that Redemptive Suffering is a masochistic doctrine. NOT AN ARGUMENT.

I did not make that claim. I refuted the claim that she held a masochistic doctrine and refuted it by giving arguments to her not being masochistic personally and actually distressed by the suffering of others, then stated she was expressing a Catholic doctrine. That said Catholic doctrine is masochistic in nature is a new claim that you are now presenting, and one you will have give argument for.

>2) You've suggested that Hitchens did not believe what he said because the Church wanted to make the counter-case against her, in an obvious show trial, they were never going to not canonize her.

I did not say, nor imply, Hitchens did not believe what he said. I stated that he work was made intentionally to be a hitpiece rather than a piece of scholarship on her life.
You're arguing against a claim that isn't there.

>3) I can believe she felt bad about the poor's plight, but she still justified their suffering by appealing to suffering as a virtue, which also kept her from doing everything in her power to serve them. To the point where people died who didn't need to.

Well, I mean, she's a saint and we're to aspire to sainthood so...

There is no argument to your last claim, as we do not know the context of the situations you mention right off hand. More importantly, however, you contradict yourself: You cannot feel bad about someone's plight if you value their suffering. You're somehow missing how my argument refutes your point and now holding contradictory views.

When weren't we based?

BTW we literally have three holidays about getting rid of your ass.

This part of >There is no argument to your last claim, as we do not know the context of the situations you mention right off hand. More importantly, however, you contradict yourself: You cannot feel bad about someone's plight if you value their suffering. You're somehow missing how my argument refutes your point and now holding contradictory views.

was for the latter part of

>spend money on opening new hospices instead of getting painkillers for the one you already have
Good intentions, but still a fucking retard. Christian charities primary purpose is virtue-signaling

Damn.

Money wasn't an issue. Laws were.
See:

It's true.

We have Independence Day, when we signed a shitty Canada-style independence. A valuable first step nonetheless.

Then Republic Day when we replaced the constitution with a republican one, replacing the Queen with a President and the Privy Council with a Constitutional Court.
Then Freedom day when the last British military ship fucked off.

You were based for a short while several hundreds of years ago when you removed kebab, but apart from that you're a nothing country. A country that produces the likes of you.

It's almost like you forgot we were running interference against the Axis on the African front in WWII while being a block and a half away from Sicily

Every piece of fedra shit in this thread should be beaten to death with their own habds.

It's very sweet that you put so much emphasis on your hatred of a great nation...you remind me of the Scotch.

Lol. See, you mentioned when we removed kebab.

We never stopped.

We fought the Great Siege, fought the Muslim allies of the Axis and interrupted the African front, and in more modern time, we're opposing the Islamic Caliphate of Britistan.

How's London hangin'?

If i lived in londonistan id let you know. Thankfully, I do not.

Archdiocese of Newark (not from the city but the general area thank God) here. I always loved Mother Teresa. She really was and is a beacon of hope for all the shit that this world is.

And no molesters in my Catholic hs from what I know of. Unless you count one of the retard chaperones that banged a student while on a trip in Germany, where the act was technically legal.

You've redeemed many a leaf posts leafbro