Sup Forums, I need help...

Sup Forums, I need help. I recently moved from my parent's place in a nice suburban area to the outskirts of downtown Louisville, and anyone from there could tell you what a run down, dirty, and generally sketchy place it is. Earlier this morning I went out to the grocery store, and on my way back to my car a lady approached me asking for help. She was very short, and the numerous lines on her aging face spoke of abhorrent substance abuse. Anyway, she told me a big sob story about how her car was out of gas and she needed money to go see her husband in the hospital with Alzheimer's. It was full of holes, and I was almost certain she was just lying for drug money, but she wasn't asking for a lot, only about $5. I told her I don't carry cash, as my checks are all direct deposit, but she insisted and said there was an ATM inside the grocery store. I couldn't prove she was lyong, and I didn't want to be an asshole on the off chance she was telling the truth, and I was honestly just hoping to get her out of my hair by that point, so I obliged. We go in, I insert my card, there's a $3 fucking fee. So I hand her $5 and she leaves. And there I am, shorted $8 because I don't have the willpower to say no and just be on my way.

My question is, especially to any Sup Forumslacks living in the inner city, how do you deal with people like that?

TL:DR, I'm angery that I let myself get shorted $8 by some probably degenerate beggar, and I need to learn how to practically and effectively refuse them. Simply saying "no" doesn't ways work with these people because they'll insist and bring up even more details to whatever sob story.

inb4 "lol beta cuck". Yes I know, I'm mad at myself for letting it happen

Just say, "NO!" as soon as they start.

Just say "No"

I hardly even acknowledge they're present. which honestly I feel bad about, because nobody deserves to be treated like theyre invisible. I just literally dont have the time/resources to listen to their nonstop streams of bullshit. its an entirely learned behavior

Jesus man. I live in Louisville as well, and while your occasional street urchin is annoying, goddamn, just fucking say no or ignore them.

Or, if youre feeling saucy and you already see them approaching, flip the script.

"Hey, can I get 50 cents? A bus transfer? A cigarette?"

That usually shuts them up

Stop being scared. Maybe take some jiu-jitsu or boxing lessons.

Get more T so u can say N

I live in NYC so I know the deal, just shrug and say you dont have any money on you. If they insist you just ignore them. If you know they're a straight con just say "Shit I need money too got some for me?"

>Obvious drunk/homeless guy standing at the corner.
>Tells me he needs money to get on the streetcar.
>Offer him a token.
>Tries to refuse because token =/= booze money.
>Stand there with them, waiting for the streetcar with a big smile on my face.
>Streetcar rolls up, he doesn't move.
>Take my token back.

Fuck you, man. Be a man and ask for your booze money.

My neighbors were alcoholic substance abusers that would ask me all sorts of favors. They were a couple in their 40s.
>"Hey user could you give me a ride to grocery store?"
>Hey user we run out of sugar could you help us out
>Got any coffee?
>Hey got a lighter?
>Hey could you spare few bucks so i can get beer

I always said No, No, No. Tried total no-talk rule with them. Then they started knocking on my windows during work week like 23pm when I was trying to get sleep and I lost it.

I stormed out to the balcony and threatened to kill the husband if he ever again bothers again me. I moved out of the place month later, I kinda made a fool out of myself to other neighbors who were outside hearing me shouting death threats to coupe of fragile alcoholic fucks. DonĀ“t really give a shit, it was the shittiest house I ever lived in.

firmly say no and then ignore. it's simple, but i guess i've been around a lot of trash homeless people. not even saying that they're all trash, but they definitely exist.

Mate, everyone in Finland is an alcoholic. Just give them some coffee or sugar, be somewhat neighborly.

>walking out of a store
>couple in an adjacent parking lot tell me their dog is dying in their car and they need money
>they look kinda shady
>say i only have plastic but i know a vet who i can call
>they say no i can just use the store's ATM
>i ask to see the dog
>their tune changes and tell me to fuck off, how i'm heartless, i hate animals, etc.

It's not hard to cut through the bullshit by pretending to be concerned but wanting some evidence

HAHAHAHAHAA YOU WENT TO THE FUCKING ATM WITH A BEGGAR? Just say NO or you're asking to get mugged next time.

Moved to the city a few months ago, you get used to it.

I justify ignoring them with the reasoning that there's too fucking many of them. Why does this guy deserve my money and not the last guy?

Also, NEVER speak to them. They're always crazy. One man outside a grocery store had a seabag and I'm recently separated from military and was partial to it. I asked if he had served because I would get him some food and he seals his lips, looks away, and goes "Can't tell ya"

Fuck them. They don't have jobs because they're addicts and drunks, not because they're homeless.

I always ask to see tits.

Show me tits, get $10.

If it's a dude, I just tell them to fuck the hell off.

"My question is, especially to any Sup Forumslacks living in the inner city, how do you deal with people like that?"

I never give to women. Ever. Statistically speaking, women do better on the streets than men. Most of the homeless are men. If you must give to someone in dire straits on the streets, give it to a man because it's usually much more difficult for a man to ask for help.

Was going to add to If this woman was on the store's property when she approached you, let the fucking manager know, because you're not the only one she's doing this to. They'll have cops take care of her if they can't get her to harass people somewhere else.

Nah mate, ask him to take his dick out. It'll weird them out just enough.

you are the fucking problem here, btfo giving people money

Say no. that's it.

>weeps over homeless substance abuse problem
>proceeds to give homeless booze/drug money

It's pretty clear you're still a huge pussy, so just practice saying "NO" in a stern voice until you get it right.... and always remember before you give away your hard earned money that these kind of people would never EVER help you in real emergency situation.

I am the same, I never give to women.

unlike you, I never give to men either.

Fuck you and op, you are the ones making the problem worse. In india little kids have their limbs amputated and their faces destroyed so that goody two shoes like you can hand over money. With assholes like you over here we may see the same here soon

What the fuck??

Dude, look her in the eye and say no.
Do you think she would have started to throw feces or something?

who pulls $5 out of a machine? fuck off, you fucking liar. if you were really at a grocery store, then you could have gotten $5 cash back on a pack of gum.

not sure how it works in america but in australia you should never give money to homeless people, especially the types that sit outside all day begging for change. we have so many social nets it's basically impossible to stay homeless for more than a month if you try at all.

these people are druggies and they don't want to work. simple as that. you can't help them.

if you're unsure just offer to help them with what they say they need. for example if they say they need food, offer to walk down to a local mcdonalds for them. if they say they need clothes, down to the salvation army. etc.

Lol NYC native here, these guys are correct.

Just be firm, and act like you own the space you're standing in and looking to own the space you're going to. There are people out there who really are hurting, but I grew up in the badlands and can tell you a lot of them are warped, manipulative idiots.

Sort of related, I visited Phoenix some time ago and realized that the drug of choice for beggars was meth, which makes for a much scarier and aggressive experience. I never thought I'd miss a smackhead, but it takes all sorts...

when i walk around downtown i carry a pack of 305s with me (cheapest cigarettes you can find)

if anyone asks for money, i just pull that out and they walk away or just ask for a smoke.

that $2 pack of cigarettes has saved me more money that i could count.

some of the homeless are known to be hostile if you dont give them something.

i only give them cash if they can make me laugh.

>guy, still clean clothes approaches me
>hey man i just got kicked out of my house a month ago, would you be upset if i asked you for $5?
>nah man (getting ready to tell him no)
>2 minutes of awkward silence passes
you gonna fucking ask?
>oh shit dude, could i get $5?
lmao here you go

"no" works. You obviously just don't know how to communicate that properly. You instead made up this bullshit that you wanted to help but couldn't so had to play along.

Your biggest mistake was accepting the communication. Nigger, welcome to reality. Some comm channels you block and ignore without comment. A cursory, "Sorry", if anything at all, without looking at her and continuing your way is pretty standard.

You tell them no. I also have my pistol visible in the cup holder of my truck. In Phoenix they wait at the interstate onramps sidewalk so they're higher up and they can see in your window. That usually makes them back off immediately when they see the pistol.

>Dude, look her in the eye
Don't do this.
>and say no
Do this.

>be out with friends clubbing
>Be a little fucked up
>we go to get some food
>guy comes up can I have a few $ for burger and fries
>say no but I'll buy you burger and fries
>buy burger and fries
>give to guy and get in car
>watch fucker throw food in the trash
>REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>jump out of car beat the shit out of guy

This is why I never do anything for people. I'm sure some people really need help but it's assholes that are scamming that ruin it for everyone else

Louisville user here you live in redneck Dixie highway area or hipster Bardstown road area either way you get what you deserve for living there

Sometimes if I have some loose change that I don't want to carry around anymore I'll give some to em or bum em a cigarette. Otherwise I just say "Can't help you sorry" and keep walking without looking back at them.

Just remember regardless of their story even if it's perfect 100% of the time that money is going straight to their drug habit. It's actually one of the worst things you can ever do as you're just enabling them to kill themselves slowly and painfully.

If they're hungry, buy them food. Just never give a homeless person any amount of cash.

>me in line at starbucks drive through
>Homeless man emerges from the bushes
>approaches vehicle
>"do you have any spar..."
>"NO."
>"damn, you don't like homeless people do you? - gf
>turn to gf
>"0 tolerance policy."

Married that gf and she knows that homeless people will get not handouts from me. However, I do give generously to charities.

I understand you can't comprehend doing something like that because you are a little scared faggot

Well then you should be in prison you idiot. You don't assault people just because they don't eat your shitty fucking burger that you dredged up who the fuck knows where.

Anyway, you made all that shit up because you're a posing armchair faggot.

Weak people like you are why these degenerates are so bold and aggressive in their begging. You treat them as garbage. Don't acknowledge them as human. Don't even acknowledge their existence.

Don't feel empathy or compassion for the kind of homeless person who walks up to random people obviously asking for drug money. The vast majority of homeless are homeless for a reason. Mentally healthy people are capable of holding down a job and maintaining some kind of presence in normal society. Those tiny few who are truly "down on their luck" have uncountable resources from the government to meet their basic needs and improve themselves. They don't need $4 from every other person they see in a shitty parking lot.

You mad bitch boy. LooooooooooL. You sound like a little liberal bitch

Back 2 reddit

As someone who grew up on the streets (skateboard rat) I just point them out to the couple of spots where you can get free food and a bed to sleep when they ask for money. It has only happened maybe 2-3 times that they got aggresive and I immediately made clear I'd fuck them up if they would touch me (after I got my got my shit together). A violent approach is their last measure to get drug money; if they do that just start walking or become really angry and they'll look for another person to beg. A fight is just not worth it for them; they're physically really weak.

If you're too soft for this; point out the holes in their stories and tell them they're liars (which 99 procent of them are; there's a reason you land on the streets; not only drugs).

Think like this: if you'd give money to every beggar on this world; it's you who ends up on the streets.

Live in a similar type area as you OP (Trailer-Trash central where meth is predominant.) work in retail in the nearby town. It's changed me living here for awhile now.

I used to be a libertarian-esque kinda guy, about freedoms for all to do what they want generally, nope, not anymore. The truth is these people are utter scum who've wasted their lives doing drugs and shitting out mongrels.

They are no longer human in my eyes. They will play upon a good persons sympathies or weaknesses to exploit / bully / steal what they want.

I would say treat them like the trash they are, threaten and get them jailed (constantly stealing from my store) but after getting death threats, a gun pulled on me, and some drugged out white trash tried to run me off the road...it isn't worth it all.

Just move as far and as fast as you can, and let them rot in a cesspool of drugs and aids.

Say "no" and don't look too long into their eyes. Don't stop -- Keep walking. It gets easier, and you are not in the wrong. I myself carry a few 10-dollar giftcards to 7-11 in my back pocket, and I MAY decide to hand one to a street person IF at that particular moment I decide that they are someone I'd like to help over another person -- Remember, by giving $8 to one person, that's $8 that you can't give to another person whom you might judge to be "more deserving" FOR WHATEVER REASON, etc. That other person may be yourself or your family on some days. Having said all that, about a month ago I saw a 70-ish-year-old white man on a traffic island with a large bag of his belongings; I walked up to him, asked him how he got there. He said he'd gotten far behind on his property taxes and lost his home. I gave him 50 bucks and a hot meal, just because I felt like it. Because I do not give $5 to every drug addict and unfortunate prostitute that approaches me, I was able to give where I wanted. DO be a giver, but be proactive, so that you will have the confidence to say "no" when appropriate.

you keep walking you pretend not to hear them.
You recognize these people from the distance in every language in every culture they have a specific fake tone of voice, like the one used by bad actors. Once they start with ''excuse me'' or stuff like that you just move

I don't say a word

It's like I don't even hear them

Youre a betacuck

>unfortunate prostitute

Kek

>carrying gift cards for the purpose of giving them out to strangers
>helping an old man who should be helped by his family or by the existing government institutions

You are just as bad as the OP.

Being compassionate and helpful in this situation is enabling and contributing to their slavery to their bad habits and choices

Compassion is often hurtful on more situations than we realize

This is why people on welfare stay on welfare

Stop being a queef. Next stop is a soup kitchen in your prius

A 70-year-old white man does not stand with his meager belongings on a traffic island in 40-degree weather in a non-white area if he's getting what he needs from family or government institutions.

Why should he be helped by muh gubbment

Charities are a better choice for this.

Are you a commie

Because for reasons completely out of your or my power, those government institutions exist and should thus be used. It's not like I actually support them.

Dont go by car.
OR
Go to different store

Avoid them (keep your distance)
Dont carry money unless you intend to pay for something.

Story from my Uncle who works in San Francisco
>Running bio-research lab near UCSF
>Friend with a lot of sheltered libcucks
>One guy works late one night
>gets to car and crazy guy starts talking to him
run compassionforunderpriviledged.avi
>Crazy guy starts punching him in the ribs over and over again
>takes his wallet
>Blood everywhere
>Not being punched, actually being stabbed

Got redpilled.

Say sorry I can't help you right now. Take it easy.

Then you ignore them or just say sorry to everything they say and leave. Once they see you won't give $ they should move on.

t. Ex Californian

Use body language that demonstrates you are in a rush and dont have time for chit chat. As you pass by her on your way to your very "urgent" appointment, just politely say "sorry, I dont carry cash", as you continue walking. With real ignorant nigger-types you just continue walking as if you dont see or hear them.

Source: born and raised in inner-city Chicago

Let me share with you a situation I was in like this:
>Go to run down part of town for smokes because cheap and near my friend's house
>stand outside my car start smoking
>guy comes up to me, gives me a sob story about this nail being stuck in his liver
>"No"
>Asks for a cigarette
>"No"
>Where you from?
>"Windsor park up north"
>If that's how they do it up in Windsor park you should head the fuck back up there
>"That's how I do it, get the fuck going man"
>He proceeds to ask everyone who walks by if they'll kill me for money
>Everyone ignores him because he's obviously a mess
>I get in my car and leave.

Just be clinical, they'll try to use and illicit emotion, don't respond to it. They don't care about you, you don't care about them.

Louisville fag here and junkie for 15 years. That woman's a heroin addict. I've been in her position. Either give them money or don't. Don't be a fucking cry baby. Jesus Christ.

And before all of you come out on your high horse, looking down your nose at these people realize that some of then have children back at whatever squalor they call home. What do you think happens when you grow up like that? Surrounded by niggers and retards? Its hard to survive, much less cope.

Have compassion for your fellow man. If you have a buck give it. Better than the red cross or some other money laundering organization.

I never bum cigarettes but frequently have lots of quarters in my pocket, so I'll sometimes try to buy a cigarette off of a smoker using 50 cents.

Light anecdotal observation:
Men usually give the cigarette for free.
Women always take the 50 cents.

>Be me
>Be 16
>Walking through downtown chicago to get to Union Station
>Hear a beggar 3 yards away from my destination
>"HEY THERE SWEETIE, COULD YOU SPARE SOME CHANGE?"
>imscared.jpg
>I say "No, sir. I'm sorry, I only have enough money to get back to my mother."
>He says "Just a penny or two, please ma'am???"
>I affirm I have no spare coin, and then I say, "Why are you asking a 16 year old girl for money? I don't have the means to take care of myself. I'm sorry."
>He looks at me for a few good seconds, and says in a whispered breath "I'm sorry, I'm just freezing and I don't know what else to do."
>White empathy and altruism kicks in
>get a bright idea
>"Hey, why don't you go to the Church a few blocks from here? They can help you out."
>He says "I'm atheist. They wouldn't help me."
>"Did you try?"
>He replies with a No.
>I decide to skip the next train to take him to the church down the street.
>We arrive, I talk to the pastor about giving him a place to sleep, some food, and a job.
>He says "No problem, in fact I have a job right here as a janitor."
>Homeless guy looks at us and starts crying and saying "I believe in Jesus now, I didn't think this was possible." and other stuff.
>I say my goodbyes, and leave to take the train home to my mother.

Gotta be innovative, OP.

Every single thing about this post disgusts me.

Dude fuck off; just fuck off. What IF they even launder money; they're still helping out people within an organized structure which gives you the best chances to get out of the streetlife. Fuck you little junk faggot. FUCK YOU.

>anecdotal

Women are cunts, especially on the streets. The most fucked up betrayers and lyers I've met ever in my (street)life were women. Period.

Tell her if she wants drugs money she should ask for drug money and if she ever fucking lies to you again you'll fucking neck her.

I'm not kidding, you'd be surprised what happens when you say the thoughts in your head out loud.

I work three jobs. Fuck you. Who cares if they're getting drunk or high with the money? They are going to regardless. At least they aren't stealing.

>former drug addict who recommends giving money to other addicts because of muh chillens
>at least they are not stealing

Fuck you and kill yourself. At least if they are caught stealing they have a chance at getting shot and dying.

Never give bums more then a dollar. If they start begging tell them "no fuck off". If they keep begging remind them that they're bottom class scum.

>giving them a dollar

Imagine if half the people a bum walks up to gave him a whole dollar. That's probably more than what you're making at your job right now.

It's clear you were an addict because you couldn't even make clear in your original post you were or are an addict. I assumed you still are, 3 jobs to uphold seems a bit much for an addict so I assume you're an ex.

I got out of the streets, you too it seems. How? By still giving shit to your "brethren" while you were working your way out of the very bottom of society?

>At least they aren't stealing

Biggest cancer argument ever regarding justifying beggars. And you know it.

If you leave cat food outside on your porch, pretty soon you're going to have all sorts of animals fucking up your house.

Same goes for beggars. Don't feed the animals. Make them fend for themselves.

I live downtown in a big city and whenever shitty natives and crackhead approach me I just say sorry and keep walking or just ignore them. Sometimes if I have half a joint left over in my pocket or something I'll give it to them but that's about it.

Everyone does what OP just did. You help the first beggar or two out, feel shitty about it, and don't do it again.

I deal with bums everyday just say no sorry right off the bat they usually F off

the best response to any such begging is a simple "no": no explanation, apology, or anything.

just "no," or a simple "yes" if you feel inclined.

t. living in the inner city, working at a place that attracts large numbers of homeless

I walk around Albany, NY and I've denied people asking for cigarettes while I'm smoking one numerous times. Fuck other people.

you stupid faggot just say no especially if its a woman my god how much of a pushover can you be?

that's because they're usually greedy autistics who can't spare 10 minutes of conversation. i don't bum out cigarettes any more, and i certainly don't sell them to homeless, that $1 they scrounged together is worth more than a paper tobacco tube

Ignore. Eye contact only if glaring

The reason those kind of people exist, is because of suckers like you.

they're homeless, not personae non grata. they deserve to be acknowledged, but sadly they take a friendly nod as an invitation to ask for shit

next time i'll offer to make a cash donation on their behalf to any shelter of their choice. this might work on the pour souls scammed into the "spare change news" scam

Don't make eye contact, just shake your head no and keep walking.

Donate to a local church's food bank instead.

Austinfag here. We have a huge homeless problem. Just gotta treat them inhumanely. Ignoring them works most of the time. "Go away" works pretty well. "Get the fuck outta here you fucking crackhead" if they're being desperate. They'll usually just put their heads down and give a sad look and walk away.

My dad always told me the homeless people were veterans who returned shellshocked from war. As I grew up, that changed, now they're all alcoholics and drug addicts and most recently, young punk rock kids.

>young punk rock kids
the french call those "punks aux chiens" because they get really nice welfare and still beg

Why don't Duluth, Fargo, or Green Bay have homeless problems in February?

Makes you think.

Where do you live that the homeless are hostile if you don't give?