Reasonable gun control doesn't mean banning all guns

Whenever I talk about reasonable gun control on here, all the Americans come at me saying "You can't take all my guns", I don't want ALL your guns. I just want your assault weapons that no ordinary person should have, there's literally no need for them to be in circulation. Are you fighting terrorists in the streets everyday? NO. Surely you Americans are logical and reasonable people and see that certain guns need to be taken away. You can still have your guns for hunting/self defence purposes, but no assault weapons.

If you are just going to call me a leaf or a faggot please move on, I want to have an intelligent conversation.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ym_DOI5FiG8
rt.com/news/353242-tokyo-stabbing-killed-rampage/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_attacks_in_China_(2010–12)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Nice_attack
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Rather have it when I need it than not have it when I do.

Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

If you don't like guns don't get one.

Reasonable gun control already exists, time to stfu about it

Assault weapons are already banned in the States. And Candian firearms laws are fucked, the RCMP can literally create new ones overnight.

This argument is retarded.

It's other people with guns that's the issue, how does me not getting one help?

We keep them in case of tyranny that must be fought. Yeah it hasn't come to that yet, but you don't get rid of a fire extinguisher just because you haven't had a fire in years.

Do the kikes really pay well enough to keep you posting this bait every twenty minutes?

>A

SHALL

> It's other people with guns that's the issue, how does me not getting one help?

You inadvertently outlined the whole point of the second ammendment Your post could have been written thus:

> It's CRIMINALS with guns that's the issue, how does me not getting one help?

>guys its just assault weapons we're banning!
>guys we really need to something about handguns
>I mean we might as well get rid of bolt action rifles as well, don't want accidents do we?
>about those slingshots
>Who really NEEDS a stake knife anyway?

There are two main arguments against this afaik

1. Slippery slope, gun rights advocates don't want to give an inch because they fear it will just encourage further limits and eventual outright bans.

2. Criminals don't obey gun laws anyway, and laws against buying certain weapons do nothing about the hundreds of millions of guns already on the streets and the millions being smuggled in from Mexico. Do you think a felon is obtaining his weapon legally before he goes off to murder somebody?

While the need for assault weapons is subjective and differs to each person, the fact remains that their constitution supports their right to have that, better or worse.
The intention of the second amendment is pretty soundly decided on being there to have an armed population so a government can't screw with the people without respecting what the people can do if pushed.
There are risks, benefits and drawbacks to it being that way, and yes the founding fathers of the USA probably didn't foresee all those things when they put it to paper, but the purpose it was done for was clearly valued strongly despite such things.
At this point, firearms are part of American history and culture. Tinkering with it because it's "logical" isn't the approach that works, you're going up against a factor that was instrumental in the founding of the whole country.

Better to focus efforts on what causes the harmful use of these weapons instead of the presence of said weapons.

>shall not be infringed
Fuck off

So let's say guns didn't exist. Do you think Adam Lanza would have stabbed to death 20 individual children? Surely not. He would have gotten a couple before he was stopped. This kind of reasoning can be applied to every massacre in US history where 10+ people were killed. Guns DO kill people

>I just want your assault weapons that no ordinary person should have
>Reasonable gun control

How is it reasonable to circumvent the constitution?

America has 30000 deaths a year with firearms. 10000 if you stop counting suicides.
Of those 10000 almost half are criminals shooting other criminals.
Also. Friendly reminder that self defense shootings are also in the remaining 5000
Most of the shootings occur with pistols.
Are you saying that people shouldnt buy pistols?
As far as rifles go. They are almost never used in shootings.

You don't know what's comming.

>lol at least no guns
youtube.com/watch?v=Ym_DOI5FiG8

the problem with gun regulation in the US is that republicans are so bought by the RNC that its hilarious to the point that they dont want to pass gun ban laws on people in the terrorist watchlist
and that democrats will ban your guns if you let the regulations to them since they follow european behaiviour when it comes to limiting freedom
gun regulations must be done by republicans but they are money crackheads
also with the amount of guns that the us has you are not gonna see any direct effect in at least 20 years but they should have them implemented eitherwise

Do the world a favor and choke on your wife's son's cock.

>Do you think Adam Lanza would have stabbed to death 20 individual children?

rt.com/news/353242-tokyo-stabbing-killed-rampage/

>I just want your assault weapons that no ordinary person should have
Says who? I say people should have whatever they want to have as long as it has not damaging other people's stuff ir health.

yeah thats not how it works.

...but that's exactly how the process would start. That's how many rights and protections of Americans have been eroded over the decades, you leftists start with baby steps until you have it erraticated. Da fuck outta here!

>the point that they dont want to pass gun ban laws on people in the terrorist watchlist
do you really not understand why this is retarded?

When the founding fathers wrote the 2A they were using muskets that could shoot one bullet at a time and take 45 seconds to reload. If they ever knew the immense killing power that guns would grow to become I highly doubt they would have ever wrote the 2A.

Um, yes?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_attacks_in_China_(2010–12)

Sage faggot b8 threads
Hide faggot b8 threads

If we let a single Right become a privilege then all Rights become privileges.

Also, "Common sense gun control" is a euphemism for "step by step progress toward full confiscation".

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!!!!!!!

thats exactly how it goes. If they were really worried about stopping gun crime, they would focus on small caliber hand guns, not ar's

>SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Trump is giving nation wide open carry along with expanded self defense rights, dumb niggers like OP can get ready to post a lot of stupid crying bullshit, because they are going to be getting shot up in record numbers when whites are allowed to carry and defend themselves in every state.

Gonna be a whole lot more Trayvons, cuck, get used to it. You lost, because dumbshit invalid threads like this one.

And for a second, I thought this wasn't a bait thread.

Oh well.

>reasonable gun control
How about reasonable nigger control since they're the ones going most of the shooting?

>Do you think Adam Lanza would have stabbed to death 20 individual children?

Yes you fucking faggot leaf.
Look up the train stabbings in China, or the terrorist stabbings pulled off at OSU, which was stopped by a person WITH A GUN.

It's a lot like the concept of rights.
Taking away one right means that any right can be next.
Taking away one type of gun means that any type can be next.

P.S. Most gun-related deaths involve handguns, so banning assault weapons would be retarded.

how bout you fuck off, Francis?

>no need for them to be in circulation

You are an idiot, so fuck off. Oh, to be "correct" fuck off leaf!

They want gun control. Cops want an excuse

>1 post by this ID
Slide thread, everyone.

Dammit leaf, I went looking for this comic right before you posted it!

'Assault weapons'. Define please. And make a case as to why you get to take them away, how you will take them away way, and why we should let you disarm us.

'Reasonable' gun control is a disgusting term, by the way. Say what you mean in clear terms, don't hide behind phrases that imply that anyone who disagrees is unreasonable.

>Do you think Adam Lanza would have stabbed to death 20 individual children? Surely not.
Here, faggot, enjoy the read:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Nice_attack

>fucking

you don't really have a right to an opinion about our gun laws
go fuck a moose you syrup guzzling faggot

reasonably gun control means keeping guns away from niggers.

So we make laws over saving 20 or hypothetical deaths in a country of 300 million?

Your argument is invalidated by the fact that at the time the government was also limited to the same weaponry.

how come

You're right. Reasonable gun control means no gun control.

I'm glad you're submitting to our line of reasoning--this will make it easier for you to watch us repeal all forms of illegal unconstitutional gun restrictions now that we completely dominate all branches of government.

I have every right, you are my countries shoes

>the left doesn't define what reasonable is

i only want to exterminate CERTAIN human races not ALL of them, only those who cannot reach normal human behavior, there is no need for nigger and jews to be in circulation, are you afraid of whites everywhere you go? NO. surely you leaves are logical and reasonable people and see that certain races need to be exterminated, you can still have the hot females for forced reproduction purposes, but no niggers and jews.

If you're just going to call me a raicist or a nazi please move on, i ant to have an intelligent conversation

2nd amendment isn't for hunting or self defense, it never was.

It was for shooting uppity nigger slaves and British soldiers, maybe invading from Canada?

"Assault weapon", please define.

There are thousands of gun laws currently on the books at federal and state levels.

We had an "assault weapon" ban in the 90s, nothing fucking changed.

Long guns are used so rarely in crimes it is insignificant.

Our gun violence is largely inner-city illegal handguns, niggers killing niggers for 'muh gang honor' or drugs or bitches.

Get rid of the inner city nigger problem we get rid of the violence.

SHALL

The plain text of the second amendment covers "arms". Considering the technology of the day, that at least ought to cover artillery, and in principle should prevent any restriction on even nuclear or chemical weapons, without a further constitutional amendment.

It literally happened to the UK you dolt

PERFECTLY STATED

Holy shit this kiwi just earned honorary citizenship

STINGER MISSLES & NAPALM BOMBS for every redneck!!!
DAY OF THE LEAF PREPPERSRUS

There's no judical process for getting put on a terror watch list or a no fly list. "The Powers that Be" just decide and boom, you're on the list.
Inevitably they'll have an issue with using just the terror watch list
>oh this white kid wasn't picked up on the list before he shot someshit
So they'll move to a "no-gun" list. Then more and more people will get added to the no gun list.
Oh you posted anti gov material on social media? No gun list
Oh you spoke out against (((them)))? No gun list
Oh you're a registered republican? No gun list
Oh yea already have 3 guns? thats enough, no gun list.
etc etc...

Why are gun nuts so thick?

>"Reasonable gun control isn't defined XD"

There IS a common criteria you imbeciles. It means
A. Keeping those with mental illnesses away from guns
and
B. Not allowing fully automatic weapons.

You know, like pretty much every other developed country.

And if the founding fathers knew about nukes, do you think they would have reconsidered having a federal government?

>Are you fighting terrorists in the streets everyday? NO.

not yet. but the AR-15 is there in case of the eventuality.

1 post by this idea
jesus, Sup Forums is fucking stupid

SHALL
NOT
BE
INFRINGED

Guns being smuggled IN from Mexico, go home burger you are drunk.

no, that still doesn't give you any right to an opinion about American gun laws
don't like gun laws in the USA? don't come here. stay on your side of the line.

Because the government can put anyone they want on that list for no real reason.

Maybe I agree maybe I don't. The problem is you can't do that through legislation, you have to do it through amending the 2nd amendment .

the problem with it is it only STARTS reasonable

then it gets more and more unreasonable over time

the constitution has the words "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"

(you)

Reminder that in when the 2nd was written it was legal to own warships with cannons bigger than what the navy had.

>"I want to have an intelligent conversation."
>1 post by this ID
>tangible snark
>a leaf

>when the bait is this obvious
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

We already have reasonable gun control you fucking leak. The only people that think it's too easy to buy a gun are the people that have never even fired one.

>A. Keeping those with mental illnesses away from guns
>and
>B. Not allowing fully automatic weapons.

You are not only idiot dude, you are stupid also. Mentally ill peoples are in specialized hospitals, and all other peoples have right to defend. What the fuck you want?

Do you have any idea of the killing power of a cannon loaded with grapeshot? Because they had those.

>People kill people
With guns

Yea? Because "reasonable gun control" is a bunch of buzzwords that knuckle draggers like you use to ban whatever gun you happen not to like at the time.

Know what reasonable gun control is? If the government is allowed to use it, so are the citizens. Magazine must be 20 rounds or less? Government issued weapons too.
No fully automatic fire? Government issued as well.
Citizens can't own nukes? Neither can the government. There is your reasonable gun control, fucker.

How about instead of shooting at all your problems, talk them out like any sane human being.

>Guns DO kill people
inanimate object.

I don't think ANY gun control is acceptable. All guns should be "legal" and so should EVERYTHING ELSE. So there is NO SUCH THING as reasonable gun control.

It's very simple. why is so hard for you leaf's to understand this?

> the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed

"Reasonable" gun control would be doing what that amendment is for in the first place and letting people have big ass tanks and war ships and whatever the fuck else to match what the government has

I hate when people take random screenshots from movies and put some witty text on it that has nothing to do with the character or scene.

>keeping mentally ill people put of the hospital for fear that they will lose their rights

I fixed A for you. As far as B goes, getting an automatic firearm in the US requires a lengthy background check and a shitload of paperwork

Dude even if that were true I would just say they lacked forsight and were probably faggots. You still can't have my guns.

Why do Liberals have to ruin this guy? He's not like any of you faggots. You also don't have enough testosterone to grow that kind of mustache. Kill yourself nigger lover.

Who decides what qualifies as mentally ill? Is bipolar a reason not to own a gun? Chronic depression? Autism? You know that there have been repeated attempts to enter "Happiness" as a psychiatric condition into the DSM right?

It's already been said, but, it's not the bill of needs.

Besides we need more and more powerful weapons available. We need to keep pace with the military so we can protect ourselves from unreasonable government encroachment.

There can be no reasonable gun control because there nothing reasonable about an uneven playing field. Whatever guns one person can have all people can have, and anyone who disagrees is pro-slavery.

The constitution explicitly authorizes the issue of "letters of marque and reprisal". You know what those are for? Contracting privately owned warships.

>amendment

You are right. Look at Europe how failed can be now. Of course, nobody in Euro goverments want free guns zone, because they are freaking scared. I also think allowing Europeans to have gun, could solve many many problems, that our governments can solve or dont want to.

shall not be infringed

Why not instead take all the pistols which are responsible for more than 85% of all gun related deaths?

Yeah, and Hillary Clinton thought Australia's gun control policy was common sense. That shows you where (((their))) end goal is.

USA has over 20k gun laws on the books. Since 1943 we've continued to give up bits and pieces of our liberty. No more.

this

It always starts off with some open worded bullshit like "common sense" gun laws. Then some Sandy Hook bullshit happens and you have CT banning mag sizes and Jew York banning guns based on how scary they look.

> When the founding fathers wrote the 1A they were using letters that could send one message at a time and take 45 days to reach their destination. If they ever knew the immense publishing power that the industrial rotary press, television, and internet would grow to become I highly doubt they would have ever wrote the 1A.

>I NEED TO BE ABLE TO OVERTHROW THE GOVERNMENT SO THAT MEANS I NEED NUKES THATS REASONABLE
Literal Ancappers in this thread

Regulation =/= infringement

Why not just knock off clip sizes?