Should STEM majors get free tuition to post-secondary education?

Thoughts on this, Sup Forums?

Nope, I instruct a few STEM courses and I can assure you there are plenty of morons who will become unemployable because they think a 2.4GPA with no research or internships is going to cut it

College should push to be more intellectually rigorous, but that would kill the golden goose they've got running

Because it's pretty easy to kill people as opposed to saving people.

Considering the military owns you for 4 year, "free" becomes a subjective word.

Also, you can learn to save lives for free if you join the military as, say, a medic/corpsman.

Killing is simple
If l could cure cancer with a bullet, you think anyone would pay for it?

>those soliders are hospital staff
of all the people to chose

>train to be a field medic

>Should STEM majors get free tuition to post-secondary education?
>free tuition
Nobody's time is worthless, so there should be no "free" anything.

But of course you don't mean "free," you mean "subsidized" or "taxpayer funded." You just typed "free" because you're a retarded clown that deserves an acid shower.

i can agree with this had a medic stitch me up as a kid cut. Cut my foot wide open on a rock dood had me back at the lake within a hour.

There's more jobs to the military than infantry, you can become a damn surgeon if you have a degree in the military

>implying that the tax paid government training of soldiers is free

Yeah but if you're going to pick some guys to represent "training to kill people" medcom isn't exactly the fucking group to portray

Because basic combat training is cheaper and has a higher rate of success.

And because a trained military is more vital to the existence and security of a state than pretty much anything else. The government will prioritize it and thus subsidizes it.

Because STEM careers make lots of money and so you don't need to be subsidized. Combat troops put their very lives on the line, they shouldn't have to pay for the privilege of fighting and dying.

Because the military is a lot more than killing people and you could actually get free training in some really lucrative job areas so stop bein and asshurt faggot

Fucking nerds don't deserve free money

Fuck you limp dicked losers, I know you string bean polfags think you're geniuses because there aren't any women in your classes

The military earn about 1/20th what a PMC earns.

Are you saying people would get 'free' training to be doctors and earn 1/20th of private doctors?

Anyway the problem with health care training is the AMA that refuses to go after bad doctors while demand the exclusive right to police them. The standards they set for those wanting to become doctors that have nothing to do with health care and are only in place to keep numbers low. And the limit seat they allow for new training.

In short doctors are over worked because their guild keeps numbers low, forces new doctors to undergo unreasonable hardships and does nothing to remove the license of bad doctors.

Student loans should be based on job prospects.

A student with a strong GPA and strong test scores going into a STEM major at a respected college should receive a low-risk loan. A student with a weak GPA or one selecting a major with low job prospects would receive a high-risk loan. The loans would be for one year. After a year of college the student applies again, this time providing their first year transcript and the loan for the next year could be better or worse depending on changing prospects for that student.

A low-risk loan would have any or all of the following features (depending on prospects):
- Low interest rate
- Deferral of interest accumulation (e.g. no interest until graduation)
- Loan for the full amount

A high-risk loan would have any or all of the following features (depending on prospects):
- High interest rate
- Partial loan (student or their parents must put up some of their own money to show the student is serious)

When evaluating job prospects, gender/race/etc. must not be taken into account.

BUHHHH WHY DID IT COST MORE TO BUILD THE TWIN TOWERS THAN KNOCKING IT DOWN

>A high-risk loan would have any or all of the following features (depending on prospects):
>- High interest rate

You are too much of a risk so I'm going to give you a very high interest rate to raise the chance you can't make a payment!

The US should cut all Federal school loans and ban all Private school loans. Watch the price of university plummet.

>Aren't any women in your classes
That's cause they all signed up for fucking gender studies, the dumb cunts

Its easier to kill people than to save their lives

t. triggered numale who got a degree in gender studies

Because there are too many people as is

This. END THE FED.

Cut the head off the snake by stopping the funding and watch Make America Great Again.

IF any of you faggots haven't read "END THE FED" by Ron Paul you seriously need to get your head out of your ass and download/buy that book. Stop the funding and prices on college will go down and people will actually be able to afford this shit without becoming debt slavs for life. Also, the military will actually have to keep itself in check and stop being Team America World Police. Not to mention the fuckwad militarized police will have to chill out and all the other bullshit going on like congress benefits. Rant over.

Because if training to be a doctor was free, it'd be full of stupid niggers and they'd never find anyone who was good. It's called barrier of entry, and it keeps the niggers out.

>training to kill people is free