Women Make Up Majority of U.S. Law Students for First Time

what does this mean for the future of law in the usa?

nytimes.com/2016/12/16/business/dealbook/women-majority-of-us-law-students-first-time.html

Other urls found in this thread:

newyorker.com/news/news-desk/trouble-teaching-rape-law
youtube.com/watch?v=ospNRk2uM3U
nytimes.com/2016/06/24/us/politics/supreme-court-affirmative-action-university-of-texas.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump for interest because this is a bad development in juridical news

women can't even handle learning about rape law because it fuking "triggers" them. how can we expect them to be impartial or even koeldegable??

>Student organizations representing women’s interests now routinely advise students that they should not feel pressured to attend or participate in class sessions that focus on the law of sexual violence, and which might therefore be traumatic. These organizations also ask criminal-law teachers to warn their classes that the rape-law unit might “trigger” traumatic memories. Individual students often ask teachers not to include the law of rape on exams for fear that the material would cause them to perform less well. One teacher I know was recently asked by a student not to use the word “violate” in class—as in “Does this conduct violate the law?”—because the word was triggering. Some students have even suggested that rape law should not be taught because of its potential to cause distress.

newyorker.com/news/news-desk/trouble-teaching-rape-law

this is a bad bad situation. what is happening to men that they won't take up a profession like law? most of these women are SJW types no doubt.

Probably means that I'll be passed over for a woman with a lower LSAT score so they can fill their diversity quota.

the article implies that these women are actually more qualified. that this isn't exactly a quote problem but a quality problem

>Amid all these pressures, some law schools have found that reaching out to women has yielded more qualified applicants.

so much for that STEM meme everyone is pushing

Just because they say someone is more qualified isn't true. Fortunately I got a decent score and have to go to an average school so I can still work, I'm not really worried about getting in

Define qualified.

i can't. thats just whats in the article. they don't define it.

holy fucking shit, how desperate are you for replies?

Lawyers is the most saturated industry. When you take their student loan debt into account, they would of made more flipping burgers

how desperate are american to ignore this disturbing new trend. something to make them hate feminism even more.

this is a big problem. for you.

the fire rises.

Women choose majors based on the clothes they can wear once they are in the profession.

sorry its not a tranny cuck femme hypnosis thread. sorry there aren't any jav webms.

The law field is over saturated in America. Half these cunts will likely drop out before getting anywhere close to taking the bar, but the ones that do pass will likely end up in some shitty clerical job.
Going to law school is starting to become the new business degree.

Nothing because womyn don't graduate.

hm... interesting enough.

So what would this problem lead if it proceeds to his next step?

> what does this mean for the future.
A lot of women with law degrees they won't have any use for.

its ok user ill help you out

Makes sense, women are good at manipulating things, lying, and general cuntiness that is inherent to the profession of lawyers.

They'll do what Clinton did a go to states with easier bar exams.

>what does this mean for the future of law in the usa?
That fairness will be more important than justice

not sure. probably lawlessness since women are so triggered by rape law they can't even study it. a nation who's laws are enforced and written by women simply will never be a good thing.

imagine being dended by some incompetent women who got a degree so a uni could fill a quota. lives could be a stake.

>SMACKS LIPS

>"SO YOU BE SAYIN"

I dont understand. I agree the rape law thing is weird but this is just more ammunition AGAINST feminism. For years they claimed invisible barriers stopping them from getting high paying jobs and degrees and by their own admission barely anything has changed and yet now they are the majority of law graduates. That means it's proven beyond doubt what people have said in response to them for years: it is about choices and females tend to make the choice that ends in them having a useless degree. Now they've chosen to get law degrees.

Welcome to equality.

It's rely about economics. There aren't enough jobs to fill the need. Men are not applying to law school. Men need jobs to survive. Women need men to survive.

Many of these women will end up as housewives..

I wouldn't care if my lawyer was a woman or a man as long as she's good.

It's the same with historians. Women have been doing it for hundreds of years and a lot of them have been really good at it, no reason to kick up a fuss, especially if standards aren't being lowered to cater to them.

Fucking disgusting.

Does the US have gender and race quotas for law schools?

check out this video of a woman lawmaker who doesn't even know what the gun control law she wrote means.

youtube.com/watch?v=ospNRk2uM3U

most people accepted in the french national school of magistry are women too, up to 70% I think. Weirdly enough you don't hear feminists crying about it, I guess it's not inequal treatment when it favors them

yes. uni's decide based on gender and race. there have been at least 2 supreme court cases about this issue.

>there have been at least 2 supreme court cases about this issue.
So why do they keep doing it? Racism and sexism is illegal.

but the patriarchy won't let them get ahead in the firm unless they give head in the firm. always an excuse.

>it's not inequal treatment when it favors them
Yeah and thats all you need to know to not respect them or that claimed motives.

I am getting real fucking tired of the inequality across the board in our education system.

I won't soon forget that Obama called the fact that we have more females in colleges and universities than males a "great victory" rather than the establishment of a new inequality. Females have an advantage through the educaiton system every step of the way, and

Look at elementary through high school. There's more female teachers, and these teachers are obligated to see male-type behavior as bad and female-type behavior as good. These girls get better grades and better recommendation letters as a consequence.

Look at colleges and universities. I won't soon forget that Obama called the fact that we have more females in colleges and universities than males a "great victory" rather than the establishment of a new inequality. Even though males have higher SAT scores on average, they are not getting into colleges as often, and there are virtually no male-specific scholarships compared to a mountain of female specific-ones.

And now these advantages have been passed up to Law School. Like goddamn, it's time for people to stop falling for the "feminism=equality" meme.

but its not. under the banner of "Affirmative action"

nytimes.com/2016/06/24/us/politics/supreme-court-affirmative-action-university-of-texas.html

That picture is not real. I refuse to believe even Trudeau would write something like that.

kek

it means divorce cases aren't about to get any more fair id say. gott i wish i could claim part of me degree "triggered" me so i could skip class.

They were even pushing this girl-power shit in small, conservative towns back in the early 90's. Constantly, we heard, girls are better, girls are smarter, and on and on. Nobody ever gave a shit about us boys. Parents, administrators, teachers, no one.

It means GET THE FUCK OUT. NOW
This is literally baghdad before the mongols all over again.
The USA is FUUUUUCKED !