Will these new carriers be sufficient to make Britain a naval superpower again?

Will these new carriers be sufficient to make Britain a naval superpower again?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horizon-class_frigate
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Combat_Ship
twitter.com/AnonBabble

a fucking ramp

Lol that ramp

>us navy: should we try upgrading our launch mechanism to being a rail gun?
>meanwhile in the Royal Navy
Oi m8 how bout me ramp coont?

Britain will never we a superpower again

Your new Muslim overlords will like the ramps.

Bullies

And that's just mean and uncalled for

A FUCKING RA-

i don't know what else you expected from making this thread

You will never retake Ireland with ramp technology.

One will be used a mosque the other can be used as prison to hold thought criminals

No, they need 14 more just to catch up.

Try as you might.....

You will never makes ramps great again

lol

no

Yeah I'd make jokes about those ramps but the Dutch Royal Navy sold it's only aircraft carrier to fucking Argentina

Just curious why a ramp matters, if its more efficient to build it that way, and functions perfectly who gives a fuck if it has a ramp? you think they care about how it looks or just want projective force?

Oh and Nip that sharia law protest in London bullshit in the bud

>Then we might let you tag along and fetch our lagers

Reminder that ramps are cheaper and more reliable versions of slingshots

Simplicity is best

>A
>FUCKING
>RAMP

More space, more aircraft, faster turnaround.

we could take ireland with potato technology

yeah probably.

what would the carrier group look like?

1 QE
2 Type 45
2 type 26
1-2 Astute submarines
1 Tide Class tanker

overall UK needs more ships and I guess if you all can build a dozen of the cheaper type 31 frigates, you are well on your way to being semi decent navy power again

economics and goals. either way aircraft carriers are only to kill the brown people not doing what you tell em too.

>Britain will never we a superpower again
>Your new Muslim overlords will like the ramps.
>And that's just mean and uncalled for

The British can be some mean ass, brutal mf when fighting.
The British have a long and successful blue water navy tradition.
I wouldn't want to fuck with them. It would end up being more trouble than it's worth.

Nice slingshot Dennis the Menace, what are you planning on doing with that? you going to shoot rocks into old man Wong's back garden?

I think it's cute that despite being a major superpower for roughly 60 years now you still haven't managed to refine the art of putting aircraft into the air without a giant elastic band.

Meanwhile it took British engineers exactly 60 years to go from the invention of flight to vertical takeoff for their aircraft.

But by all means please, continue using the heavily unreliable over glorified crossbow technology on your "modern" carriers that has existed for about, oh, 1000 years now. I'd like to see you launch anything off the decks of your ship in the event that your carriers loose electric power, which in the event o a war will probably happen given that EMP's are kind of a thing now.

Then again the US navy has never been known for its sound design decisions, especially now given the fact that your latest "High tech" destroyer looks like a child with autism made some fan art for a Star Wars ship.

But by all means mock the safer and more reliable ramps, all the while sailing around in your big silver Dorito shaped ships that look less like a warship and more like a Toblerlone or an airsoft warehouse on skis.

>If it works, don't fix it.

Our carriers are being built with EM catapults now, and no other power can even do 60 year old steam catapult tech, but yeah that ramps cute.

THE RAMP GOES REEEEEEEEEEEE

We will never be the superpower we were or a superpower again. But I think we can settle that for a tiny country with only 65 million people we punch well above our weight, and with the new carriers will be able to exert some long range power. I'm glad we're reinvesting to bring back some of our naval strength, but I think we can be happy with the level of power we have. With nukes and a seat on the UN security council I don't think Britain has to worry about it's place on the world stage.

We could be a superpower if we took over the commonwealth and Hong Kong again.

>for a tiny country with only 65 million people we punch well above our weight, and with the new carriers will be able to exert some long range power.
this.
and a long tradition of blue water navy

No because Britain's shipbuilding sucks. Which is a damn shame considering their history.

Sorry Britain. It's true. But at least your not alone. Only a small number of countries have their shit together in the shipbuilding bis right now. If you don't like it go do something about it.

Source:shipbuilder

A FUCKING RAMP HAHAHA

Implying we could even if we wanted to. I'm not saying i'm exactly happy we handed over Hong Kong, but good luck retaking it. And really I think the commonwealth is a great asset as it is. Independent states but with close historical and cultural ties with a common allegiance make the best allies we could hope for. Just look at the Falklands, the commonwealth nations help each other a lot and I reckon it's a political union that will stand the test of time.

Didn't some other European country also order two of these? Italy or France?

Did they cancel it?

Will be the best carriers of any country except the US.

Superpower no, but they are essential for power projection. Without them we can't do much further away than the horizon as seen from Dover.

Nah it's just the Brits. French haven't even got replacements scheduled for their 1 carrier, at least we have some on the way to replace our couple. At least it's not the Russian garbage they sent down to the med though.

Other than the airbases that the UK US and France have almost everywhere.

France was building Russia a helicopter carrier, which they (France) then cancelled because of Ukraine. They then sold it to Egypt instead.

That may be what you are thinking of.

britain drowns in its own excretion of liberalism and orwellianism.
what naval superiority do you expect and of what use, if you had it, would it be to you if your government slowly destroys your country from within?

It's good to have your own carriers though, so you don't need permission from the countries the bases are in.

Those carriers can only carry like 16 aircraft each or some shit, they are basically worthless and a joke.

>Accusations of Orwellianism
>From the country controlling the EU

A touch hypocritical no?

I was wondering why it took so long for the triggered krauts to show up.

How many aircraft carriers do you have Hans? Have you ever even built a single one?

Alone I mean. For example the closest airbase we have to the Falklands (other than the islands themselves) is Ascension - several thousand miles away. Same for Afghanistan if we ever have to repeat that. The nearest land base is I think the British Indian Ocean Territory, or possibly Britain itself.

why don't the UK or France give a fuck about the sea anymore. It makes no fucking sense to me

Fucking Egypt?! What the fuck man.

God it's no wonder Russia hates the west

No, I know about that one.

Maybe I got it mixed up. Maybe it was the Type-45 destroyer.

>Accusations of Orwellianism
Your country is literally 1984 "the country".

Well out of all the ramp carriers, this is definitely the nicest one. Tony Hawk could do a sweet 720 off of it for sure.

Asking to get ruined here bruv

>a naval superpower again
>ramps

They carry 40-50

And how many wars have you won on your own without a ramp?

Britain is more orwellian than anyone. The only competitor you have in the US.

Pros:
-Can launch more sorties per hour
-More hangar space since no catapult
-Cheaper to build and upkeep

Cons:
-Can't launch heavier aircraft like the C-2 Greyhound or even an F35/F-18 with full combat load and fuel, so reduced operational ranges
-Looks like shit

How on Earth were they supposed to fight the Russians if they couldn't even keep Argentine aircraft away?

We haven't built any type 45s for anyone else either.

Not aware of any warships we're building for someone else at the moment, but I could be wrong.

I know, fucking Egypt???

>-Can launch more sorties per hour
>-More hangar space since no catapult

really?

what happens when a big wave hits one of those aircraft carriers, do all the planes fall off?

how big of a wave is needed to destroy billions of £$ ?

There's really no good reason to use the catapult unless you're launching your aircraft from a submarine.

> A fucking ramp
Get fucked, HMS Queen Elizabeth is fucking awesome and you're all jealous.

Must be this then:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horizon-class_frigate

Then again for some reason we sell the Challenger 2 to Oman.

If Egypt could afford these why couldn't we buy them

We need some more bang in our Navy ;_;

We sold them a couple a long time ago

No tanks have been manufactured in Britain for a long time now...sad the way our military industry is going

maybe if they had planes

Who build the best? Other than the 1 obvious answer

Possibly. We're not in that programme any more.

We're building these instead:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Combat_Ship

That dumbass ruined our credibility as a weapon provider. Even if a pro-Russia president is elected they won't ask France again fearing that 5 years later the next government might be USA establishment's bitch and won't deliver the stuff.

Nice!

I would argue, but sadly you're fucking right and I can't even be mad. With May as home sec the expansion of surveillance powers has skyrocketed. Really not happy with it but that's what you expect from the Tories. You know the worst bit? ISPs are now forced to turn over all internet records to the state if they ask, for everyone, all private citizens etc except they slipped in a bit making MPs exempt. They actually made it one rule for them, getting to keep their shit secret, and another for everyone else getting snooped on. Fucking travesty for civil liberties.

>superpower again

bwaahaha, just invoke A50 already so you morons will get an idea where you'll be the next decades

plz respond

>Gov admits we need more ships
>Still not building UXV's and going full Obama on shitskins

Fucking wew.

>except they slipped in a bit making MPs exempt

You're fucking joking

That's outrageous

I wish I were.

Sure dad

Waves and storms and shit big enough to cause problems on that scale can be detected far off with radar and the planes stored inside in the hangars.

I sure love living in a """democracy"""

The russians lost 2 of their top of the line aircraft before their shit carrier even got to the med

Not really, CATOBAR is superior in all fields except in cost. Also the payload weight is much lower on ramps than with CATOBAR or the new EMALS as the chinese found out to their chagrin.

Also ramps force the use of specialty aircraft like STOVL instead of pure fixed wing.

>And how many wars have you won on your own without a ramp?
We won the great meme war.

Totally unnecessary. The US already has over 15 carriers, along with the UK's handful of carriers. It doesn't address the geopolitical imbalance on land in the even that either Russia or China were invade a nation.

Don't worry, the jewel of the commonwealth has your back

Perhaps with another four or six of them.

The poor RN gets far too abused these days.

what if some russian hacker creates a "wave-ship" that creates waves to capsize ships?

I think we need to be thinking ahead here guys or the commies could hack all of us, we need to some kind of ship that can balance on a giant surfboard

To be fair I never understood why the two ideas were never combined. If a ramp assists the takeoff and a catapult really assists takeoff. Wouldn't catapulting up to a ramp be damn near a Gundam launcher?

RULE BRITANNIA
>BRITANNIA RULES THE WAVES

This. Pre-WW2 battleships were the naval weapon to beat, then carriers became supreme after sinking everything else afloat. The Chinese and Russians already have carrier killer missiles. The next major war will see carriers at the bottom of the ocean, killed by something no one saw coming.,

>Hong Kong
>going to war with China
Fuck that, there are far easier areas of opportunity for the commonwealth in Africa.

Germany talking about the state of the UK and it's future, hilarious.

Last I heard Hong Kong wasn't too happy about being under Chinese rule. They preferred it when we ran the show. Same thing with African countries although they don't really have much to offer besides natural resources.

Based India will help thoughAnd Japan is probably our best ally after the US.

Prophet Mohammed Class, very noice uk

Why would you want to invade anywhere though?
Rebuilding the Empire would be pointless.

Fuck off burger.

Submarines are the primary means of area denial at sea and have replaced battleships for that role.
There is still no simple way to kill a submarine, short of nuclear depth charges.

Funfact by oversight we brought nuclear depth charges to the Falkland conflict.

Al hamdulilah brother.

Soon we will be unveiled the HMS Shariah Law to spread the word of Allah and tea drinking around the globe.