US - European friendship thread

Alright Sup Forums. I see a lot of negativity and shit-talking between us Europeans and the US in here, whether it is about the immigration issues or just animosity in general, so I decided that I'd make a thread about US - European friendship. We are all in this same boat together, so why not combine our strength and drive back our enemies? I would like to start with giving thanks to numerous countries who really helped us Finns to retain our independence and flourish as a sovereign state:

Sweden: Utmost gratitude and thanks for organizing so much aid and volunteers to us during our hardest moments in the winter war. Without your generous aid, our beloved country would not exist today. Video related (in Swedish)

youtube.com/watch?v=p72C-vDgAJo

USA: My respect and gratitude for your aid during the winter war, our greatest struggle for independence. Without the generous food aid for our civilian populace, our nation would most certainly have perished in the war. Video in English, rare newsreel about the winter war from the US in 1939:

youtube.com/watch?v=TwQmwbQttkY

France: In 1939 your country stood up against the Marxist invaders and rallied support for Finland when the Soviets attacked. Thank you for the sympathy and stern support your people offered. Video in French, rare newsreel (from France) made in 1939 in support to Finland during the winter war:

youtube.com/watch?v=a1MNQk3DECI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QY90SEktKRA&t=80s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bumping

there's lots of banter on this board but we love all Euros

Thanks man. My great-great grandfather is John Morton, one of the people who signed the declaration of independence. I really think Sup Forums should be united instead of divided through this in-fighting. After all we have a common enemy in the SJW and Marxist crowds

all of us, Americans, Finns, Russians, French, what have you, have all been touched and attacked by marxism and it's going to take all of us united together to extinguish marxism.

i just hope we can stop them before more damage is done to Europe and the USA

also John Morton is based, that's an impressive legacy.

I am not sure if I understand correctly this thread... USA and EU always have been together.

Just an advice, both sides got retarded imigrants, so pay attention with who you talk.

Exactly. The point I'm trying to get through is the fact that Finland owes a great debt of our very independence to many other countries such as Sweden, Germany, USA, France... As I watched these videos of support to us I felt immense pride and happiness that other countries actually cared so much about a small, very young nation in Northern Europe to send aid and good will in our fight.

As soon as I get my degree, I'm going to travel to visit his grave and travel around US in general. I've always felt like I belong in there, at very least spiritually. I've been to Florida, but I want to travel through most of the states, especially the great lakes region as it reminds me greatly of Finland

Germany: For obvious reasons, I want to give thanks for helping during our civil war and during the continuation war. I hold you Germans in extremely high regard as a nation and as a people. The following video is in German:

youtube.com/watch?v=QY90SEktKRA&t=80s

bump, don't let the thread die!

Did you happen to watch the video I mentioned in my OP ? Pretty great piece of history. The US populace was extremely friendly towards us during the Winter War. The US really does love the underdog!

Great thread!

More people are interested in the blacked / cuck threads it seems. Shame

>Sweden: Utmost gratitude and thanks for organizing so much aid and volunteers to us during our hardest moments in the winter war. Without your generous aid, our beloved country would not exist today.
This makes me cry, remember how proud and strong Sweden used to be.
Come back Sweden, we miss you

i thought all Sup Forums euros hate americans and wanna be friends with russia now its good to know we still got friends not saying WE can't be friends with russia but yeah man

Exactly brother. Did you watch the video? Hearing those Swedish veterans speak was so tear-jerking. Such great men

I love America Tbh

I did Brother, listening to war veterans is always tear-jerking but also beautiful. Brave men that fought for their Nordic Brother

One final bump

>tfw no /k/irlfriend

I know that feel

bump

Thank you brothers!