City-State

Tell me nationalists, what makes you prefer a nation-state over a city-state?

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/london-is-now-the-global-money-laundering-centre-for-the-drug-trade-says-crime-expert-10366262.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A nation-state has more land, people and resources. How stupid are you?

Maybe because this isn't 500 BC anymore.

Because cities breed crime and degeneracy.

fpbp

get out of the cities you degenerate faggots

City-states are the most responsive and economically logical means of geopolitical organization

City states are beholden to nation states for resources.

It's beautiful

It always struck me that's why the US had states at all

You are stupid

Citie's didn't exist back then

because Singapore is surprisingly shit

truth

>it's the current millennium!

Kill yourself, leaf.

Seriously, just fucking down an entire bottle of advil and jump in front of traffic you fucking FUCK OFF SHIT STAINED CUMGUZZLING HALFWITTED PIECE OF ACTUAL SLIM.

This

because there are 7 billion people on earth now. omg how can you be this stupid, even for a burger

KYS KYS KYS SAGE

>being a loudmouthed ignoramus so everyone knows you missed the point

So you think it might be viable after a big die off?

This

It looks bretty comfy m8

>leaving a gap in the wall where the river is
Now thats just retarded.

But, I do prefer city-states. Self-sufficient, monoculture, small population political entities are god tier.

Unfortunately there are too many goddamned people on Earth and they tend to merge into larger power structures for some reason.

Sure but lack of a central strong authority means constant wars between city states all the time if you're okay with that

Imagine all the rare flags

So... states with capital cities?

>Montana wholly unincorporated
Good, I don't want any of you city faggots encroaching

It's in our biology. How can I not?

>Implying rural areas do not have proportionally higher crime levels, particularly burglary

City state would be better for democracy. We might actually have a direct democracy again, not this indirect representative bullshit.

nation states are far stronger

that was determined already when the Italian city states were endlessly raped by France/Spain

or when the Greek city states were raped by Rome

or when the Sumerian city states were raped by the Akkadians

the point is numerous cities/towns/farmland working in tandem as a nation have a high probability of defeating a single city (with it's outlying farmland) in battle

The only exceptions are fairly notable

Venice
Singapore

that's all I can think of currently

Effectively, but with the states organized around real economic dependency trends rather than arbitrary borders, and real state federalism instead of today's vestigial states' rights.

A global-state has more land, people and resources. How stupid are you?

I don't.

I want Amsterdam to become independent.
No more farmers leeching off our hard work.

Actually, city-states are more viable now than they have been for thousands of years. With the global economy focused on trade, knowledge, and finance, effective city-states like Singapore, Hong Kong, and Dubai can prosper without a huge land area to support them.

A city-state may be easier to govern, but it's also more likely to be conquered by larger, more powerful foes. There's no guarantee that larger powers will leave you be just because you aren't a threat. If you have something they want, you will be conquered, because there's nothing stopping them from doing so.

For reference, see colonial history.

>a global state

what do you think our financial elite are trying to establish?

Not sure if serious.

Julle sal almal vrek sonder die boere

Dubai exists because muh oil

it has no future

Hong Kong only exists because it is (was) the only easy economic relay into China

Sinapore only exists because it's located on one of the most important straits in the world

You can't make these cities out of nothing, most of them exist solely because of unique historical circumstance.

There will have to be military alliances, of course.
That's how it always worked in antiquity.

I don't think empires were attacked less often then city states.

Eventually 99% of the world will be low IQ mixed race African/Eurasian slave labor with a few jews running everything else

That's where we are going to dump toxic waste.

They don't. Have you ever fucking looked at any crime statistic m8? Mabye bong land is just that backward but over here in Germany the city states have considerably more crime than the and higher crime rated than the normal states.

Also mercenaries.

Successful cities should have enough financial reserves to hire a mercenary army in case of an attack.

Living in a city state wouldn't matter if you die at the age of 20 in some war because of trade disagreements though

That's because they had shitty relations. If you have independent city states acting together against an external threat (which is the way it should be) than this wouldn't be a problem.

Retarded turkic city states also fell one by one to ar*b invaders because of this. None of them helped each other when asked for help and they all fell and converted into muslims

t. Huxley

I would be for a global state if there were no non whites. It would basically be like America without the non whites. Could you image how much money we would have for prosperity and science if we didn't have to spend money on defense and welfare?

What about the city of London?

It is the most successful city state of all, yet it has no special strategic benefits.

A military alliance like that would lead to a confederation, a form of state.

So when is NATO turning into a confederation?

Read Machiavelli if you think mercenaries are a good idea.

money laundering capital of the world

independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/london-is-now-the-global-money-laundering-centre-for-the-drug-trade-says-crime-expert-10366262.html

NATO isn't made up of city-states fucktard.

>war because of trade disagreements

pottery

I wouldnt say I'm a nationalist, as much as an anti-globalist, I'm not really against the idea of a city-state but the roman or greek style city state seems to have some conflicts with liberalism.

It's better to have a country with some islands oversea

>get in quarrel with neighbors aka "US-friendly neighbor" of every man on Earth
>get nuked
>...?
>Profit!

A global-state also has billions of non-whites.

A global-state will be preferable in due time, my man.

So?

Money laundering is good business, very profitable.

>very profitable

I wouldn't mind a NWO if it actually had human rights and improved standard of living rather than helping jews and enslaving everyone else.

That's only 70 100 million person mega cities. Thats not unreasonable at all. Or 700 10 million person cities. What's wrong with that. It almost exists already.

So Sup Forums is strictly anticapitalist?

the glorious patchwork future has never looked so bright

I just went there. low crime, no freedom of speech, everything is very expensive, public spaces are planned intelligently, and do not fucking step out of line.

Pretty nice place overall, though. very safe.

(((Urbanized youth)))

The root cause of all degeneracy.

I like this map

It's called being antisemitic, kike

Only jews think laundering money for criminals is a valid form of (((profit)))

Absolutely nothing

>lumping in glorious Evansville with those hicks from Kentucky
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

If they do, it's because scallywags go there from the city to rob.

Genetics and military. Russian Federation must balkanise on ethnic lines asap. Fucking welfare state for minorities at Russian expense

You were never turkic. Yoy wuz Europeans enslaved by turkic horse riding scum. You had like turkic invaders who forced islam and foreign language on you

Defense, land area, history, grandeur.

The future will be city states. Cyber-punk future=city states.

Judge Dredd= city-states the movie. Blade Runner, city-state. Literally every anime from the 80s and 90s with Neo-Tokyo getting it's shit blown out, it's always a giant city-state.

Italian city-states were raping each other long before foreign forces did

>That's only 70 100 million person mega cities

That would be a country not a mega city unless it's not some futuristic dystopian shit hole, which is horrible anyway

>700 10 million person cities

Imagine the chaos and the shitfest. Also that would lead to stronger city states swallowing weaker ones and ending up the same as of now

>being this wrong

Time to put that vodka down ivan

>who are Anatolian?
Most of you don't have a drop of turkic blood. You cluster with Balkanites

>The future will be city states.

for liberal jews maybe. New York, Pacific Northwest, San-fran. LA. Chicago. Prime candidates to embrace the 'city-state' ideal, in defiance of the American Union.

Given enough liberal millennials, colored/ethnic minorities, and a comprehensive media machine relentlessly undermine truth as a pillar of society, Leftist ideological centers could coalesce into city-states, (albeit, without national military support).

Western society suggests that an inevitable conflict will come from the ever increasing distance between the ideologies of the left and right . While the left will have virtually NO traditional military support or capability, their impenetrable control of the media will sustain their cause and beliefs in its stead. Instead they will be "city-states" of ideas that will de-stabilize the "nation-state" as a functioning entity until it either fractures or eliminates the destabilizing force, with force.

Makes me nostalgic for the HRE days

nation means race
State is political entity
Nation States have city states, they are linked with other cities and form a locked union of their race.

Clay which can't be destroyed with one nuke

Farmland

Non-degenerate traditional communities across the countryside

>Most of you don't have a drop of turkic blood

No shit. This is the most racemixed country in the whole world, that's why it sucks so bad

Also call me a balkanshit one more time and I'll snap your fucking neck

Do you have anti-arab anti-kurd jew-wise secularist party? Do you have a movement to restore your European heritage?

It's important to have both urban and rural areas. On the obvious level, rural areas produce food and urban areas produce wealth through industry and commerce.

On the less obvious levels, cities are by nature cosmopolitan and are a constant experiment in culture and social norms. Rural areas are cultural reservoirs that preserve the values and norms that allowed the nation to achieve what it has. Evolution requires both a source of variation and a ratcheting mechanism so that it may simultaneously advance and preserve prior advancements.

Making city-states that focus on independence greatly increases the chance of balkanization and conflict between the city-states.

If you make city-states interdependent, the likelihood of your nation fracturing becomes nearly zero. Only in very extreme scenarios would it ever occur.

>implying you can achieve anything with (((democracy)))
>implying we're european in origin

We need to restore our turkic heritage but it doesn't look possible in close future. I feel that there will be a great happening in turkey so maybe after that, we have to wait and see ruskibro

Venice was literally Jews who slave traded Christians to Arabs. The literal definition of literally.