Why can't brainwashed atheists even define atheism?

Is it the fact that autism correlates highly with atheism? No other religion has this problem. Really activates one's cranial almonds

Really ran my hamster wheel

A- without
Thiesm- Gods or Gods

or a more standard defition

a·the·ism
ˈāTHēˌizəm/
noun
noun: atheism

disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.
synonyms: nonbelief, disbelief, unbelief, irreligion, skepticism, doubt, agnosticism; nihilism
"atheism was not freely discussed in his community"

>Is it the fact that autism correlates highly with atheism?
not according to OP

>atheism
>noun
>disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.
For your bait thread

Lack of belief is still a belief.

This, just they don't want to admit that they don't believe in anything.

ATHEISM
AUTHEISM
AUTHISM
AUTISM

Atheists are the most religious people I know. They just replaced Christianity with anthropogenic global warming mythology.

> Lack of opinion is still an opinion
> Lack of sandwich is still a sandwich

wat

>If you DON'T obsess over strict definitions you must have autism.

wow

They're it religious, they're autistic. They don't have the ability to understand the social aspect of religion, but "science" is all about numbers and shit. None of them change their lifestyle though.

Fuck off

We just don't believe in folklore about Sky Fairies and magic beans.

atheists don't believe in no God. Everyone believes in something. They have rejected the traditional view of God and placed themselves in God's position. It is the ultimate worship of self and one of the primary causes of degeneracy.

The term you're looking for is agnostic. Atheists believe that there is no God.
>inb4 words games

>Sky Fairies and magic beans.
I literally cannot stop laughing, now and forevermore. Fucking fedora.

>complains about word games
>says shit like 'Lack of belief is still a belief.'

>Atheists believe that there is no God.
No incorrect. Athesm is a lack of any belief. Your argument is as silly as demanding people have a belief on whether or not santa exists.

>inb4 word games

You mean the completely valid point that the "gnostic' bit is about knowledge? Because that's completely true.

So you want to start a pointless debate over fucking WORDS when we all know the very obvious meaning of them?

This might sound crazy to you but there is no difference between atheist and agnostic

take these dumb threads to Sup Forums pls

>morality is dependent on a belief in a supreme being
this is the only problem I have with evangelical christians, I don't begrudge you people anything other than your massive moral high ground

> Lack of opinion is still an opinion

True, you're choosing to suspend judgment.

> Lack of sandwich is still a sandwich

Not analogous to opinions or beliefs.

some anti-atheists cant comprehend that you can be religious without believing in god
>buddhist
>athiest
you can pick both

>Not analogous to opinions or beliefs.
Sure it is. You cannot have something if you dont have it. You cannot hold a belief if you dont hold one. How retarded are you to not be able to understand this?

Are there things you dont have an opinion or belief about? One has to be a gnostic atheist to say they know for sure there is no god

fucking sophists get out reeeeeee

>le ebin "atheists can't define atheism" meme
Lack of a belief in a god or gods. There, you happy? You've got your (You) now fuck off.

Mods should perma ban anyone who makes bait threads desu.

false equivalency

Is black a color?

No it's a colour.

Yes.

Its not a false equilency no matter how many times you cry about it

Lack of X is not X. Its really as simple as that. This is basic grade 4 logic and im terribly embarrassed for you not understanding it

tru, but then atheism is a religion, and contradictory by itself
it is no matter how many times you bring up an inane analogy

Show me any proof at all in the world where x-x=x where x is not 0. If you cant do this you admit you are wrong

>opposite magnets repel each other therefore homosexuality is wrong because opposites should repel not attract

>if black is a color, you're religious.

Wanna try that again champ?

just did, black is the lack of colors, but is still a color
false equivalency
see above

>my false equivalencies are true but yours are not
GG

and homosexuality is wrong

analogy between conceptual definitions make sense, analogy between beliefs and a sandwhich doesn't

>see above

I did, and now it makes even less sense.

You know religions are quite a difference concept than colors right?

they're both concepts, unlike some wordplay between literal magnets and sexual attraction

>but is still a color
Black is not a colour
>The answers:
1. Black is the absence of color (and is therefore not a color)

Explanation:
When there is no light, everything is black. Test this out by going into a photographic dark room. There are no photons of light. In other words, there are no photons of colors

> You cannot hold a belief if you dont hold one.

If you have a rational justification for your atheism, then you've formed a belief about the God question.

If you don't, then you're just as dumb as the snake handlers or faith healers.

>Atheism: Not believing in a deity.

>If you have a rational justification for your atheism
My justifaction for atheism is that there is no need to have a belief in something with no evidence. Once again, a lack of a belief is not a belief. This is very very very basic grade school logic and you should be absolutely embarrassed at how little you understand.

>Black is the darkest color
that's just your opinion bro

I know how electron shells work, and go read up on what's the difference between an absolute black body and the color black

acting condescending won't make your argument valid

>>Black is the darkest color
>i literally dont understand how physics and light work
Is hungary just a 3rd world country now?

So you believe that God doesn't exist because there isn't sufficient evidence. Is that really so hard to admit? Why are you afraid of just saying that?

mfw Sup Forums has actually descended into the level of discourse that happens on Sup Forums

see
you're still wrong

Why are you so autistic that you cannot comprehend the lack of belief in something?

>So you believe that God doesn't exist because
I dont know for sure but theres no reason to think he does. Just like theres no reason to think the tooth fairy or santa clause exist. Iv suspended my judgement due to any evidence.
>Why are you afraid of just saying that?
Im not at all. Its still not a belief.

Ok then what do you call someone who doesnt beleive in santa clause or the tooth fairy. What belief system do they hold. According to you they have to have one.

>lack of a penis is still a penis

sage
>not sage

nah the point is not classifying yourself as any belief system, if you want to be ironic about religion be a discordian, atheism is literally just an oxymoron

You lack a belief in little worms that live inside the eyeballs of dogs and light up, like fireflies, in different configurations depending on the colors of the objects the dog's looking at. Well, you did lack that belief. Now you actively believe in the non-existence of those worms. Anyone who has heard of God can't merely lack a belief in God.

Its not a belief that god doesn't exist you fucking retard.

Its a lack of belief in the claim that your god exists or any other. Lack of belief doesn't necessarily mean disbelief.

>skydaddy believer calling others brainwashed
>ad hominem with no actual argument at all
Seriously is there anything more pathetic in this world than the likes of OP?

You animals have to be fucking purged. I'm not even kidding.

reductio ad absurdum, trying to make a claim look ridiculous doesn't make it less valid

>religion is bad cuz it hurts people
>this is why I want to hurt people
ok

>Plays word games
>says shit about ppl saying shit about word games

> I do not believe there is sufficient evidence to convict a man. Therefore I think he's innocent.

Implying that reductio ad absurdum is always a fallacy.

>Lack of belief doesn't necessarily mean disbelief
sure but atheism literally defines itself as a belief in a disbelief

> defines itself

What

> belief in a disbelief

That doesn't even make sense.

Really makes me want to play 80s Italian disco.

>lack of air is still air

it is in this case, because it is exaggeration into absurdity

There are way more interesting and complex possibilities than just a sky dad.

Atheism is just a lack of creativity.

>That doesn't even make sense.
that's atheism for you

Meta humor. I like it.

I will define atheism for you; atheism is not being stupid enough to believe we didn't evolve by random accident.

physical objects are not concepts, unless you want to debate the definition of air

>not believing in god is a belief but not believing in santa is not a belief

You've literally defeated yourself. Stop posting

>word games
>the best way OP can think of to insult people wiser than him
Btw most people are in fact ANTItheism
>hurr durr atheists have to believe god doesn't exist
Your pathetic logic doesn't apply to us. See pic related.
We only prove things exist, not unexist

>S A G E

you're a special kind of faggot, aren't you.

>disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.
I'm curious as to where you are getting your own definition.

My own position, as im sure it is for most "atheists", is actually agnostic atheism. In that we make no positive claims on the existence or non-existence of god/gods.

the "sky dad" and "spaghetti monster" are just classic leftist reductio ad absurdum fallacies as well, if they've actually read up on Jung and the subliminal meanings in religions they'd have a lot better understanding
but then again "atheism" is just kike propaganda for plebs to keep them away from their sekkrits

>atheism is being stupid enough to believe that all Christians are biblical literalists

Also atheists claim that they are "scientific" which is completely fucking retarded.

It would be like saying
>our entire body of scientific knowledge up to this point is everything that there is and I refuse to believe anything else exists until there is proof that there is.

That picture's definition of "theory" is wrong. The word is used regardless of confidence in the theory. It's used for ones generally regarded as correct, ones generally regarded as speculative, and ones generally regarded as false. Anyone with any experience in science will know that.

>I dont know for sure
But that's not what I asked, I asked what you believe.

>Just like theres no reason to think the tooth fairy or santa clause exist. Iv suspended my judgement due to any evidence.
The way you're using "think" in these statements is just a synonym for "believe."

I don't get it. There's good arguments for not Christcucking, like Sharon Street's version of the problem of evil. She argues (successfully, I believe) that religion's claim that "God works in mysterious ways" just leads to moral relativism.

Why is this lack of belief bullshit so prevalent?

uh...I'm pretty sure there are plenty of ways to define air.

saying you're "atheist" is having a belief, similarly saying you're an "asantaist" would be having a belief, just having an individual opinion isn't a belief, dunno why it's hard to comprehend

>reductio ad absurdum fallacies
Where are you getting the notion that reductio ad absurdum is a fallacy? It's a valid method of disproof that can reveal faulty premises or reasoning.

>buddhism is a godless religion and therefore a form of atheism

This is incorrect, buddhists reject the concept of a creator-god like in the Abrahamic religions but they do believe in deities that scientific atheists reject.

Deities are still technically gods, even if they aren't a "God".

>"asantaist
So rather than admitting defeat you would rather just keep digging a hole and start inventing new belief systems. Jesus fucking christ you christcucks are pathetic

agnostic just means you don't know. You can technically be an agnostic atheist. Most agnostics are probably apatheists.

>Be me
>Christian until teenager
>Become hardcore atheist and liberal douche
>Find Sup Forums fifteen years later
>Realize my mistakes
>Find Christ again
>Fully embrace MAGA
For all your fucked up faults, you saved me Sup Forums. Thanks.

"I dunno" is a belief too
as far as I'm concerned "air" is the gaseous molecules of 78% nitrogen 20%oxygen 2% other in a set space
if you want to debate that, sure, but according to that air is not a concept but a name for moleculas in space

>We only prove things exist, not unexist
*You* might only do that, but in general one can prove things don't exist just fine. E.g. if assuming it exists leads to a contradiction. (Reductio ad absurdam). What you say just sounds like a cop-out to explain your failure to demonstrate your belief that God doesn't exist.

it wouldn't have happened if you autists didn't start inventing new belief systems about "not having beliefs" and "I dunno if I have a belief"

lack of argument is still argument

They believe there is no god the same way they believe there's no santa, how hard is it to wrap that around your head?

it's a fallacy if the purpose is exaggerating a concept into absurdity instead of debating it's actual nature, which is the case with "sky dad" arguments

Of course God exists. As an intellectual concept, God encompasses all which we don't know. As science illuminates parts of existence, God is pushed further and the curtain is drawn back another inch. Does this mean that God has been driven back or do we simply understand another minute aspect of the machine?

And yet, I'm an atheist. I don't think God is a conscious, omnipotent, and omnipresent force with an agency of its own. Yet, I respect the Bible on the same level as the Illiad: its the condensed surviving oral histories of ancient people. Only fools throw away hard won insight.