8 years of Obama

So what is Sup Forumss opinion about his 8 year presidency?

He started off as a big meme and wanted to change things (uh kinda reminds me off Trump now), but did he really change anything meaningful?

What are his achievements? Obamacare? I read that US healthcare costs are exploding, but that might just be Sup Forums being retarded.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11899859
bls.gov/emp/ep_table_201.htm
autonews.com/article/20160113/RETAIL01/160119818/dealerships-accuse-fiat-chrysler-of-falsifying-u-s-sales
cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/record-94610000-americans-not-labor-force-participation-rate-lowest-38
blogs.wsj.com/economics/2015/10/21/what-we-know-about-the-92-million-americans-who-arent-in-the-labor-force/
treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/pd/histdebt/histdebt_histo5.htm
washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/01/07/the-story-behind-obama-and-the-national-debt-in-7-charts/?utm_term=.3fa0bbad44d6
hbs.edu/competitiveness/Documents/problems-unsolved-and-a-nation-divided.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=8USRg3h4AdE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not awful, not good. A filler President by all accounts. The only thing he really did that he'll be known for is his awful healthcare reform and the social issues that changed under him.

If he wasn't the first non-white President, he would be entirely forgotten 50 years from now.

strawpoll.me/11899859

obamacare was just selling out to insurance companies

all he did was fag marriage and start some more wars(which he based his entire campaign on ending)

Also he had Senate and house majority for 3 years, 1 more with Senate and lefties push the meme he was cockblocked by the right

Will probably go down in history as one of the most forgotten presidents.

In 50 years he will solely be remembered for being the first, and hopefully last, black president.

>a filler president

Definitely not. Retarded stuff like affirmative action became more prominent under Obama

Nothing.

The red-pill concerning Obama's presidency is not much would have been different if we elected Romney.

Even with McCain, the only difference would be healthcare, and there are arguments for and against that.

Obama's "hope and change" is the straw that broke the back of the politician's camel, and his failure to bring hope and change was what opened the white house doors to Donald J. Trump.

he could have been a lot worse, but he didn't accomplish anything besides Obamacare (and let's be honest, it probably shouldn't be classified as an accomplishment at all).

We could have done MUCH worse for our first black president.

I'm very impressed that the Secret Service motorcade and Air Force One are still without spinning rims.
I was sure he wouldn't be able to restrain himself.

so pretty much just another President?

How do you think Trump will do in comparison?

3/10

He had some decent potential but really blew it.

Our foreign policy is fucktarded. The only countries who like us more after Obama are Iran and Cuba. We've started being pussies on the world stage instead of leaders.

Also he had a great oppurtunity to bring together white and black people but instead he inflamed racial tensions and defended thug rioters and violent criminals who tried to attack police officers.

His Healthcare is a mess and is failing. He has lowered the status of the presidency by appearing on talk shows and youtube constantly. The economy is still shitty.

I don't really know what I could give him credit for. He's been a giant pussy and a divisive asshole who treated republicans like shit.

I can't think of anything good to say about him.

>but did he really change anything meaningful?

Obama reinvented the Jonestown koolaid and thats it, the rest was a pitiful mess

During his time as president he created:

>biggest job growth in manufacturing since the 90s
>American auto industry breaking sales re cord
>unemployment cut in half
>deficit cut by three-quarters
>improve social injustice against minorities

I doubt Trump could even match up to what he Obama did in 8 years. It seems like he's going to undo the changes Obama hoped to achieve. I mean not even a day in and he's deteriorating the race relation Obama had improved during his eight year.

It's gonna take forever to get that "black people smell" outta the white house though.

I don't blame Trump for not wanting to move in right away. Better to wait for summer when you can open up the windows and air the place out.

at first i thought this might not be bait but
> deteriorating the race relation Obama had improved
A FUCKING LEAF

Can we be real? Trump isn't going to be living in the White House. He'll make appearances there to make it seem like he is staying there, but the WH is a crack den compared to his penthouse.

The supreme court did fag marriage. Obama can hardly take credit for that. At most he can take some tangential credit for his SC appointments, but that is grasping at straws.

>Compared to anyone post-Reagan?

About average.

Started a few oil wars, did a "signature" social program ("no child left behind" for Bush Jr., there was something for Clinton that I can't recall atm), pretty average.

>Compared to his promises

Absolute disaster. Obamacare was badly implemented and he started more wars, when he campaigned to end them. Also bailed out the banks against which he railed.

>In historical perspective?

He won't be remembered. He'd be mention when a kid bings "first black president" but there was nothing of historical proportion that happened during his time.

What Supreme Court appointments?

Why is it always leafs? Always...

Sonya sota mayor

Certain the spelling is wrong.

Get ready for Obamaleaf to post the same 8 or so graphs and go into an autistic rant!

*gets popcorn*

I'm not good with scaling on numbers or A-F but:

-First term foreign policy is poisoned by Hillary/Samantha Powers/Robert Gates. Exception with getting Osama.
-2nd term foreign policy is better but not great. Because Trump was elected (which I am glad for) any objective take on the Iran deal will be impossible unless our intelligence agencies can look at how long it took for them to re-start on their nukes. Otherwise people will go "the only reason Iran started to work on nukes again is because Trump scared them" when it could be "Iran worked on nukes behind Obama's back"
-Lack of Hillary/Samantha Powers/Gates meant that we didn't intervene in Syria, so kudos to Obama for that.
-He wanted to shift away from the middle east and towards Asia which is good, even if circumstances did nto allow it
-He wanted to get out of Iraq ASAP without considering long term consequences. He learned from his mistake with ISIS. "But Bush set the timetable" - and as Obama has shown with Afghanistan you can and should adjust arbitrary timetables. "but status of forces agreement" - like with US congress he was not willing to negotiate hard for it.
-Healthcare is rapidly becoming a disaster BUT he succeeded in changing the narrative to be that pre-existing conditions should be covered and that ideally everyone should have insurance. Now it's a question of how, not if.

-Thank christ he was an aloof arrogant guy towards democrats and republicans in the senate because that meant all his gun-grabbing attempts failed.

The amount he allowed the national debt to escalate should put him as top 5 worst. If Trump doesn't fix the economy him and Bush would be known as the ones who turned the US into a debtor nation.

Um, excuse me, but Barack Obama personally killed a guy who he said was Usama Bin Laden and then gave him a respectful Mooslim burial at sea.

we'd have been better off with mccain. he made it almost impossible to turn back from gov't healthcare, made the world hate us (but not him) even more. but, he set race relations back a few generations.
turned out to be nigger as fuck.

Trump is very much a wild card. Could be horrible, could be great. I'm still expecting the prime interest rate to go up just before he comes into office and then shit will really hit the economic fan. The US has 30 trillion in federal debt and we have a populist president with some big spending plans coming. I have no idea what's gonna happen. The smart thing to do would be to immediately raise the age of retirement which will alleviate a lot of our coming social security woes and slash the fuck out of entitlements like welfare. Raising taxes on single mothers is good but I have serious concerns going forward. We need to do something about the debt and prepare for the inevitable market crash and possible second housing crash coming.

>the race relation Obama had improved during his eight year.
What the fuck country are you living in? He was terrible for race relations.

-He gave up trying to wheel and deal with the senate after failing to do so with crying orange guy in 2011-2012. "Abloo bloo bloo Republicans didnt' want to work with Obama" - tough shit, the president isn't king with a rubber stamp and the big task is to use the bully pulpit and to cajole, bargain, threaten and work with the senate. Every successful president has been able to do that. Obama's professorial and aloof campaigning-mode demeanor meant he was not able to do that.
-Inflamed racial sentiment.
-He tries to play "we are purple america" one second and then "Those nasty evil republicans" the next.

-He was not singlehandedly responsible for the democrat's evisceration in the ballot box but he played a part and failed to consider/cover blue-dog democrats.

I think he would have been a better secretary of state.

Do you have any stats to back that up?

It was a fucking disaster. Exactly what one should expect from a nigger.

Never again.

he's a filthy fucking nigger and never should have been let near the WHITE house

I hope he gets bleached

He'll go down as one of the greatest

Because that's how the media presented him. Every mistake was downplayed.

Who even remembers blowing half a billion dollars on Solyndra, which completely failed?

But let's get into other stuff:

Obamacare is seriously a disaster and will only get worse over time. It's basically impossible to go back now because the market is dead. I almost wished Hillary would win so it could at least collapse on the Democrat's watch.

He clearly fucked up international politics. Trump was right, he really did effectively create ISIS. Going against Gaddafi was a mistake. And while Hillary took the blame for Benghazi, he should've been blamed too.

His handling of black shootings by cops is largely unforgivable. Every step of the way he made things worse. Saying shit like saying Trayvon Martin looked like his son. Or when he literally shows up to a memorial service for five dead Dallas police officers and talked about how cops are all racists who persecute black people just because of their skin color. He should basically be considered responsible for BLM riots because he legitimized them.

believe it or not hes not leaving

He's doubled the national debt. That cancels out literally every other "positive" thing the MSM keeps on talking about.

It's the closest place to all of his advisers and capitol hill, so he'll stay there.

-obamacare
-debt explosion - $20 trn and counting
-disastrous foreign policy - world in chaos
-racial division - BLM et al.
-weaponization of Federal agencies (IRS etc)

+destroyed Democrat party
+got Trump elected
+last nigger president in my lifetime.

Deserves a memorial - pic related

People give him gay marriage, but he didn't do anything about that, it was the supreme court that pulled out some bullshit reason connected to an unrelated amendment.

Trump's economic policy will 100% expand the national debt. And probably more than Obama.

You are ok with domestic issues but foreign policy-wise you got some misleading stuff.
Obama has intervened illegally in Syria to put weapons in the hands of rebels.
Saudi Arabia Israel support extremists, and we support them, so indirectly the US supported ISIS. Back in 2012 the DoD and president knew that giving arms to rebel groups could lead to a flood of extremism. Now we have Al-Nusra, "moderate" rebels, PKK, and ISIS. Obama is a warmonger just like Bush and Netanyahu. Obama hasn't learned from the past, and is making the same mistakes.

>Obama improved race relations

Nigga he let a black terrorist group run rampant.

Pretty meh. Couldn't deal with opposition so he went rogue, but otoh he didn't have the balls to truly exercise his power to the extent he could've.

Might've been scary if he wasn't such a pussy.

Obama's legacy will most likely be "first black president." Nothing more or less.

This. He was an affirmative action president in the sense that we had to elect a black dude there and see how it goes. There is no unreparaible damage that can be attributed to him. The middle east mess started earlier.

Take your meds

I had no problem with him up until her forced Obama Care on me.

He will but he may paint it gold

The refugee crisis isn't all his fault, but the demographic shift it will cause in the coming years to Europe is irreversible without physical removal or Yugoslavia-style war.

Literally brought america back from the brink of total economic collapse and tried to give amerifats healthcare like any other civilized nation, so that's pretty good.

Society in civil war atm not really his fault?

War in syria -2/10

Muh executive orders

Since the election I have asked on here multiple times, over 10 times at least, "what has Obama actually achieved” and not once have I gotten an answer. Only thing that was said was yeah but the republicans blocked it all. That’s no excuse at all, this guy has been the so called leader of the free world, the so called most powerful man in the world for 8 years and hes done fuck all apart from a few TV appearances. Being black isn’t an achievement (despite that being the reason he got elected). Why this isn’t being talked about more I don’t know - 8 years of America’s history wasted.

>So what is Sup Forumss opinion about his 8 year presidency?
This man did literally nothing for black people for 8 years. Who are blacks mad at? Whitey. Nobody said niggers were smart.

His foreign policy is a disaster.

It's not the number, it's WHAT the EO's were that is important.

1. Manufacturing is a tiny portion of the job market.

bls.gov/emp/ep_table_201.htm

Jobs are jobs but manufacturing did NOT increase significantly in any way shape or form. We're talking about 1.5ish million total jobs, and about 300,000 are what was created. That's it. Also how can you possibly attribute that to Obama's policies? What law or bill did he get passed to make that happen?

> American auto industry breaking sales record.

Which were faked.

autonews.com/article/20160113/RETAIL01/160119818/dealerships-accuse-fiat-chrysler-of-falsifying-u-s-sales

> unemployment cut in half

When your unemployment benefits run out, you're no longer considered "unemployed". So no, you don't get to get away with that bs either.

cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/record-94610000-americans-not-labor-force-participation-rate-lowest-38

blogs.wsj.com/economics/2015/10/21/what-we-know-about-the-92-million-americans-who-arent-in-the-labor-force/

We have more people NOT working or in the labor force now than we ever did. Many of these are retirees which only means we have to pay even more for their social security, etc.

>deficit cut by 3/4

LOL, no. He may have gotten us closer to not accumulating more debt, but he really just tacked on more debt.

treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/pd/histdebt/histdebt_histo5.htm

washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/01/07/the-story-behind-obama-and-the-national-debt-in-7-charts/?utm_term=.3fa0bbad44d6

> improve social injustice against minorities.

This is just full retard. On the one hand I don't care of black people chimp out and burn down their own cities, or stupid white college kids chimp out and burn down their own cities. On the other, you have to be fucking blind to really believe this.

hbs.edu/competitiveness/Documents/problems-unsolved-and-a-nation-divided.pdf

EIGHT

YEARS

WASTED

The man has no balls and no backbone, and it shows in his policies and dilly-dallying. His complete lack of strength and courage to draw a line (AND ACTUALLY ACT ON IT) is the reason the Russians, Iranians, and Chinese are growing in power while the US sinks further down the ladder.

Absolute race baiter and race divider. Always picking the side of the niggers when they're being niggers.

Domestic-wise, obamacare is a failure and the economy is still teetering on the brink, it's even gotten worse.

He may have done some good things, but overall he's been a less-than-mediocre president. His only true 'legacy' will be "the first black president".

8 years of Obama, and what do we have to show for it?

A recovering economy, affordable healthcare, improved relations with Iran, Osama's dead, our record on the environment is back on track, and Israel's influence on US policy is diminished.

He's objectively the best US president since FDR.

>destroyed Democrat party
Democrat party died when JFK assassinated.

You're an idiot.

Job growth huh?

As a non US citizen i think he should be ashamed. He was just a tool all along and couldn't do shit for his country.

How many Bankers got jailed 2008?
Fracking / Pipelines worst thing you could do.
Destroyed 7 countries while trying to get a regime changes.
Close to WW3.

and so on...

Banks

>best US president since FDR

>achievements
Well, he was commander and chief of Isis for 5 years. He also was a nice big personal fuck you for my health insurance so now I have a bad knee I can't afford surgery for and as a result had to stop doing basically everything that made life with living for me. Cause of the knee injury was getting run over by a blind illegal mexcan in a Pontiac who didn't have a driving license, funny enough. Fuck Obama. Can't wait until he's out of power

Who knew that a nigger cuck president would be so boring and then so destructive with his obama care bull shit. We finally get a truly fun and good president after 112 years of fillers (Except Nixon and Eisenhower. They were based).

>not even a day in and he's deteriorating the race relation Obama had improved during his eight year

First off trump isn't the president yet. Secondly, race relations in the US are the worst I've ever seen them, especially after Obama’s "if I had a son" malarkey when he was trying to give his support to black criminality without it looking like it.

Canadians, always shitposting

All he did was obama bin laden.

>t. Obama
Economy crashed because of liberal policies.
Obama still sucked up to Israel. Israel prefers ISIS to Assad. Obama has given weapons to Israel and rebels and has helped prolong the war in Syria.
Osama is dead! Yay that must be the 55226th time that's been brought up
>Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster
>but muh osama

>environment
Yes, I'm a bit liberal on the environment, but Obama has stifled the US with corporate taxes and regulations. The products are just made in Mexico and China now. We are being bled dry since NAFTA went into effect. And now he wants to push TPP.

>promised hope and change
>became a lame duck
He will be remembered for two things: Obamacare and being black. The latter was what he was most afraid of being remembered for. But, with race relations becoming the shitshow that is BLM, it won't be possible to not put "my skin has a higher melanin content than previous presidents" at near the top of his list of achievements, if not number one.

>FDR
lol
>fucking cripple
>never got us out of depression, ww2 did.
>started that bs social security scam
Fuck FDR, and Wilson, LBJ, Carter, Obama. All shit
At least JFK was moderate and gave tax cuts.

Deficit is not another word for "national debt". The debt is so much higher now. We're just paying it off slower is all.

no, you're just a butthurt little faggot

So what happened to your health insurance?

I'll just leave this here....

youtube.com/watch?v=8USRg3h4AdE

I'm for closing Gitmo.
And take all prisoners out in a field and put a bullet in the back of their head.

I couldnt stay with the provider I had. Had to go through some scam site that wouldn't let me sign up without tax returns. Hasnt finished taxes since had started my own business. Missed the deadline to get covered for the year. Ended up with some vs cat coverage that no respectable hospital will acceptLo

Obama carried on Bushs legacy.

Deportations increased

drone strikes increased.

he lost the ukraine to Russia.

he created ISIS.

Obama care did nothing to bring down healthcare costs so it just burdened the poor with insurance premiums.

This

His legacy is being the first president to have the US credit rating downgraded.

extremely mediocre

And so Obama's are?
Because the NDAA is on congress and thus repub heads.

>Not knowing the real reason the government killed gaddafi

Saying you want to change things is not the same as wanting to change things.

>he would be entirely forgotten 5 weeks from now.

FIFY

>I read that US healthcare costs are exploding, but that might just be Sup Forums being retarded.
US healthcare costs have been exploding for years, long before Obama. Obamacare didn't help because it was right-wing corporatist legislation designed to transfer money from relatively wealthy people to the poor and the insurance and pharma companies.

But at least it was something. His legacy is 8 years of stability, less warmongering, economic recovery and an administration that was surprisingly effective despite crazy opposition from the GOP.

I love Obama. I am so saddened by his departure. I always knew this day would one day come but I did not expect it to be here so soon. I always knew it was possible a Republican might one day succeed him but I never thought it would be Trump. The very same man who perpetuated the racist birther conspiracy lie is replacing my hero. Needless to say I am deeply troubled with the 2016 results. I am not coping well. I honestly expected Hillary to win :(

Worst president in their history..

>Obama had to sign the NDAA

Or is this one of those "he a po' boy jus tryna get he hope an change on, dem evil republican dun forced him ta sign all dem nasty bills" posts?

You have to go back.

I came here to laugh at you, specifically you, leafnigger.

U.S. Healthcare costs are exploding but the Right is just as much to blame for it as the Left.

Do you like having a military around?
If I only leave spinach fricasse around to eat, and you have to eat, you're going to eat that shit on the 3rd day of refusing.
Why don't you ask why I am serving such shitty food instead of dong my job and making you goddam steak?

Let me tell you what he did from the eyes of a european .
1. His failed Syria policy that is a complete mess, is suffered by us because of refugees that hide more terrorist between them. They do not want to work, not change their religion or to accept our western laws.
2. He did NOT encourage Europe leaders to be more independent or to leave us the hell alone. Instead strong-arm us to accept something we did not want: to put sanctions on Russia, that are hurting our economy too.
3. Keep Turkey as an ally and supported them because they needed an ally to keep Syria civil war going , wich for us became a problem because Turkey president always threaten us to flood Europe with more refugees if we don't accept to his term = blackmail.
4. Forced NATO countries to accept more US troops in countries near Russia and create facilities . So making Russia angry at our expense again.

It got so bad that fom seeing USA as better and fighting for freedom and democracy, you are now hated . Now, I won't blame Obama for that because Bush ruined your image in the world but he did not try to repair anything just made it worse.

I for one I am happy he is gone and hope Trump will be better. I know he is very arrogant and simply put, an asshole ... but his foreign policy are way better than what Obama did and Hillary wanted ... of course ,if he really was telling the truth.

he created millions of jobs.

>muh retarded analogy

Kinda meh domestic policy, forgettable and average.

His foreign policy was shit. Siding with the rebel groups during the Arab spring was a horrible mistake.
He did unfreeze diplomatic relations with Cuba, which was bretty good.

Back to where? Europe? I was born in the United States.

Stick to your own fascist country and I'll stick to mine.

>So what is Sup Forumss opinion about his 8 year presidency?

I'm glad we finally legalized gay marriage, repelled DADT, and took major steps towards national healthcare.

To Big to Fail was a mistake; those corporate faggots were ready to accept any regulations, legislation, etc not to be thrown to the populist masses.
Instead he bails them out, and Credit Default Swaps are STILL being sold.

Our economy would have crashed if we did not bail them out.