Why is the environment in new zealand so weird?

they have an environment thats similiar to europe in alot of ways. if you look at all the countries around them they are very tropical

but new zealand is just randomly alpine. it makes no sense at all. even the maoris dont seem like they suit the land in new zealand.

new zealand is the nu europe

You mean its cozy AS FUCK :)

Chile, Argentina and Uruguay are not tropical m8

Have a look at other landmasses in the Southern Hemisphere on similar latitude.
Places like Tassie, Southern Chile, Southern Argentina. They all have a similar climate to NZ.

you don't know what tropical means

>Tasmania
>Tropical

Is Tassie boganspeak for Tasmania?

They are approximately on the same lattitude as southern Chile and Argentina, it's cold therefore alpine.

yeah after doing my research i realized chile is actually very snowy down the bottom

weird

nah i just never bothered to learn about your shit skin continent you brazilian dog

i might move there desu. its like europe-lite and its so close to him it would be similiar to moving to like Melbourne or something

The fuck are you talking about? NZ is in line with Tasmania and Victoria which are cold as shit.

its crazy to think this is in chile

i always pictured chile as Brazilian slums

>South Georgia island
>South Sandwich islands
>tropical

"The climate is classified as polar, and the weather is highly variable and harsh; making a tundra (ET) in Köppen Climate Classification. Typical daily maximum temperatures in South Georgia at sea level are around 0 °C (32 °F) in winter (August) and 8 °C (46.4 °F) in summer (January). Winter minimum temperatures are typically about −5 °C (23 °F) and rarely dip below −10 °C (14 °F). Annual precipitation in South Georgia is about 1,500 mm (59.1 in), much of which falls as sleet or snow, which is possible in any month. Inland, the snow line in summer is at an altitude of about 300 m (984 ft)."

Probably because New Zealand is south of the tropics

Patagonia bro, shits amazing. Really want to grab there

it's not weird, not weird at all

its something called latitude

tropical countries lie between the tropic of cancer and the tropic of capricorn

southern argentina, chile, uruguay, tasmania, south africa and new zealand are subtropical thus have temperate climate, it doesn't get as cold as canada but still it can get pretty chilly

the climate can also be influenced by the terrain, proximity to water and the temperature of ocean currents

as a result for instance if you go from east to west in the southern part of south america you'll pass first the argentinian patagonia which is a cold desert because of a cold ocean current coming up from antarctica, then you'll cross the alpine environment of the andes where snow can be found all year around in some peaks, then on other side on chile you'll find temperate forest due to higher humidity on that side

>australian geographers

stop trying to get intellectual you brown brown brown brown brown brown brazilian dog

that's not even intellectual, I just finished high school

it's interesting actually that chile caught your eye because the temperate rainforest is a pretty rare environment, pic related, present in both south chile and new zealand and places like japan

the forests are very thick and mossy and deep green in summer but will change colors in autumn, it's pretty comfy give it a google

>tropical

PFFFFF HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

>ausfailian educaishon

>temperate rainforest

cheers ill give it a look you brown fuck

Because you're a dumbass and you didn't study enough.
South Chile-Argentina is pretty dried and cold.
We're close to one of the poles, it never ocurred you that we may have cold seasons you twat?

Because maori didn't burn all the wildlife to the ground unlike the dumb fucking abos.

19 years lived here and I just find out it was tropical

fuck up shit skins. ive just never bothered looking into your 3rd world shit hole

Chile is like a S.American diarrhea stream running from its Bolivian anus down its Argentinian legs