Atheists can be religious

Really makes you think.

>all religion is theistic

>I don't believen a god...
>I'm religious!

>I'd identify as irreligious atheist

Atheists jell yourselves.

Atheism seems to have about as many branches as Christianity.

I'm failing to see where this rando claimed that atheism is a religion. He's simply breaking down definitions based on his own worldview.

Atheism = lack in believe of any god(s). That's it, nothing more, nothing less. Stop trying to twist definitions and cherrypick for fedora cringelords to justify faith. You believe in shit without concrete evidence or any real logical foundation. Most of the U.S. believes in angels so what's the problem?

It's almost as if atheism isn't a cohesive ideology or something crazy like that.

The problem is that angels are real.

>too intelligent to believe in angels

Angels are not real. There is no proof for them or their Christian (which could be one of any many denominations) origins. Burden of proof lays on the one who makes the claim. Sorry I'm not able to just blindly believe in fantastical stories without evidence - I can't help it

Technically makes sense but it's autistic as fuck and that guy probably is the kind that is avoided by everyone else at parties.

They are real. That's fine. I don't care what you don't believe in.

Atheism is making a claim about the universe though that no god-like creatures exists within it

Thus atheism is a belief system and le not a system meme is false

I wish this were true but you are wrong. They do not assert that no divinity exists.

>103352957
>Any belief system of religion that does not have a deity
>Hinduism

Is he retarded?

I'm religious about the magnificent lessons of the new testament, and there's no proof for God the creature, creator, drinking buddy, etc.

Wiccans and Hindus both believe in and worship deities/gods and goddesses.

This guy clearly doesn't read

/thread

Atheism is a belief. If you assert that there is no god the you believe something. Apatheism is the only lack of belief.
This is clearly the mental gymnastics needed to retain any kind if atheistic belief.

It makes sense to me, although I think his examples are wrong.

Why can't religions be oriented around things other than deities/gods?

And yeah, atheism can probably be strictly defined as concerning a lack of belief in deities/gods, not necessarily a lack of any religion.

I identify as an atheist but think most of the ten commandments are pretty good

>Atheism is not a belief system.
Yes it is because you are declaring that you do not believe, and take no part in believing. It's not 0, it's -1. I mean look, the guy went through the process of making the post. What is he a fucking idiot?

There is a difference between atheism and irreligion.

It's literally on government surveys about religion - Atheism is an option, then Christianity/Islam/Judaism or whatever, then at the end "Unaffiliated" or something to that effect.

There are atheistic religions, like Buddhism.

People that think atheism just means "hurr durr u dont believe in ANYTHING lol" are retarded.

Atheists don't "believe there is no god" They don't "believe there is a god"
Very simple stuff here jabroni

Any person that sees the infinite diversity of the universe and can claim that they are certain god-like creatures cannot exist in places they can't possibly understand is retarded desu senpai

Why is everyone scared to just be Agnostic

>cultural Christians
wish these people would stop with this crap, they're children who know Christianity is superior but still refuse admit t

agnostics are spineless weaklings

religion is simply what you do every day.

you can 'religiously' jack off, 'religiously' go to church, 'religiously' say there is no god. Atheism is a religion

You think you're going to solve it before you die then?

Wrong.

my god