Somebody finds out I'm a forklift driver

>somebody finds out I'm a forklift driver
>they immediately cease all contact
>some even laugh in my face
>women snicker
>people have told me after the fact, they actually like me, but can't be seen associating with a forklift driver
>too old(25) to attend university
>need connections to get a white collar career anyways

Is there anything worse than being a blue collar pleb?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pkBteoGM6KY
youtube.com/watch?v=9z77oztO6UQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Move to Germany.

how the fuck did you become a forklift operator?

>>too old(25) to attend university

not really you retard get a proper degree with some of that forklift operating savings

caring about people that will only be friends with high status people in 2016

Want a green card user? U like sucking that D?

At-least you have a job... I can't find shit.

>got job as a labourer
>asked to get a forklift licence
>company gave me training
>now drive forklift

Underrated

>forklift driver
What are you talking about, it's a great job!

heard yall make 100k+ a year

you could still attend university.

but if you don't mind driving a forklift you could maybe move somewhere more blue collar and associate with that crowd.

you could also not give a fuck what anyone thinks of you, like a human with an actual spine.

Nice excuse buddy, you just don't have any desire to do better

Do you guys have job agencies there? Like where you go in fill out paper work and they find you work??

It sucks losing some of your pay to them, but it really seems to be the only way to find full time work

Get your license?

nonsense

What's wrong with driving a fork truck? I don't get it.

Fucking kek. Thanks for reminding me of that video.

>too old (25) to attend university

I didn't start university until 25, now I'm 28 and about to graduate and start a PhD program. It's never too late fampai, just find something you like and do it.

>a
Yeah but it's usually never full time and for shit pay. I did contract work but the work was only like 20-30 hours a week.

> Do you guys have job agencies there?

Tell me about these job agencies. I'm finishing uni next semester and will need to grab a jerb I have quite a lot of money too

How is 25 too old to attend University?

Why is 25 too old? Isn't it free in leaf land?

t. Eternal Student

I honestly don't even know how people would be like this. Most of my good friends are workling class people. I prefer them over the wealthier ones because they're nicer and honest.

Some people are shallow. I have respect for everyone who is gainfully employed. Stay strong, and remember that you are a much better person for society than any intentionally unemployed NEET.

Why would you be sad about ejecting vapid people from your life?

I don't know why people would give a fuck. They're probably insecure scum. I'm doing my PhD and my closest friend works in a warehouse. And he has a hot girlfriend. Maybe you are just hanging out with dicks

> free

no you pay like 4 thousand dollars per semester typically

no way. i still value my life

lad, do you make good money?

If you're not making decent money as a forklift driver you need to work someplace else. The dedicated forklift guys we have at the warehouse earn like $25/hour STARTING pay.

The "intellectual elite" like to look down on us blue collars but we have less, debt, often make more money, and aren't nearly as brainwashed by the cuck campus culture. Seriously they act like they're all doctors pulling in $200+k a year, but most are just shitty 4 year psuedo major wash outs who cling onto their piece of paper for some semblance of security because they know they can't actually do anything useful.

You're kidding right? I've seen 40 and 50 year olds at university. Zero fucks are given by anyone about it.

Pick up a trade skill and start networking with you boss. Also, just say you do something else if it is really making you a pariah. Is Canada pretentious like this everywhere? The only people looked down on around here are welfare leeches. At least are earning the food on your plate.

After five years of military service. Going into infectious disease research, so plenty of DoD lab work to be done afterwards.

We really need to check the rules here
You probably shouldn't even be posting on this site if you're a Fork Lift driver.
Just sayin

He didn't start until 25, he has not been there since he finished high school. Idiot.

Get the fuck out of here, shylock

own it

completing a BS in 3 years is pretty quick. he might be one of those freaks that gets his phd in only another three years

especially in fucking Canada the land of plebs with no business ethic where the most high status job is a lawyer

Nigger I'm 27 in college and I'm fitting in fine. We all have the mental age of teenagers here.

go into business, user, no need for a degree

im 38 and a total fucking loser in security, my friends are rich fags. sounds like your circle of cunts are indeed cunts.

What's their problem? Forklift driver is a good steady job! You'll always be employable because companies always need forklift drivers.

You can apply for PhDs with a 3 year bachelor. Depends on the Phd. In this country at least.

good luck getting a loan tho

I need to be educated on this

I lost my virginity to a forklift driver.

>Damn, I almost feel bad for xim.

Man, fuck those people desu senpai.

>can't "network" because you're an out-of-place old man
>companies want young people to train, a "fresh slate" if you will
>people will assume you're a recovering drug addict

Lol no I make $18/h($14/h USD), if you stick with a company for 10 years you can MAYBE make $30/h

I had a few general education credits from classes taken while active duty so I shaved off a year. I had to bust ass and take 16 units every semester though.

i said business not a loan

>Licensed to drive a forklift
>Not making more money than a public School teacher

Are canicucks just universally retarded. Skilled labor is kicking the ass of everything but law, medical, engineering, and IT.

Get into a trade union and make an assload as a welder or boilermaker in dem tar sands OP.

if anything is doomed to be replaced by robots, its forklift operators

> starting a business without any capital

Ah see for me (at least the places I go to) its always at least 30 hours a week, usually 40

The pay is shit yeah, but you aren't going to find any starting job that pays well

They are called employment agencies
Not sure what else I can tell you about them.

You go in, register with the agency, they find you work and take a percentage of your pay cheque, well, in a sense they do

Company pays agency 19$ an hour to find them work
Agency pays you 15$ an hour out of that 19$

So they aren't directly taking your pay, you just aren't making what the company actually pays you

That being said, they usually do 1-3 month contracts through the agency, and if you do good work the company that pays the agency will most likely directly hire you and you will get the full pay

Most companies that use agencies do it because they don't have to go through the process of hiring/firing you

nothing except shit pay. entry can start as low as 13. most jobs here are 16 to 18. dangerous goods, offloading trains and unionized jobs i've seen as high as 26/hr.

FPBP

Former forklift driver myself. Went to trade school at 28 years old. Now apprenticing Tool and die maker at 30 years old.

It's not too late bro.

I actually didn't mind being a forklift operator. I worked at a couple warehouse in the Brampton/Mississauga area that paid decent. $18.50 per hour, plus there was OT.

The trick is to learn to drive all machines, forklift, reach truck, pallet truck, etc. Makes you more valuable to employers.

Just knew the job was pretty "dead end", so I went to learn a trade.

I just got it.

how much do you get pay for driving a forklift?
i bet some people would pay just to drive one

stfu pleb.

>Get student visa to US
>Everyone assumes you're a veteran due to being over 20
>Secretly you're A FUCKING LEAF

Or join the US armed forces and get citizenship the right way in a real country.

my point is that three years is pretty quick for a bachelors, which typically takes four years to complete. you can do it though if you take a lot of classes or are a nerd with credits from high school.

What kind of fucking scumbags do you hang around?

>You'll always be employable because companies always need forklift drivers.
Nah they'll automate that shit too.

Of course, when shit goes sideways and you need someone who's actually skilled on a forklift because a pallet of valuable product gets dangerously hung up on something, well then they're just fucked.

t. former forklift driver

You heard wrong buddy.

Not sure how it is in Canada but honestly like half of college seniors here are in their mid 20s.
Literally no one cares as long as you're under 30. It's now or never, user.

Ok I'm 22 with a an economics degree if I pay these cunts they land me a job?

Only a Canadian would be this much of a faggot... Fork lift drivers are fucking awesome. Why do you associate with college scum anyway?

What it wrong with Canada.

Like they legally enforce trans tolerance, but the general population looks down on someone for having a job as a fork lift driver.

What the heck? Why do you care what your friends do for a living?

Oh man...you probably make more money than half these university fags. How many guys do i know that went to school and didn't get a job in their field or somewhere ideal? Too many. The market is shit and education is not the answer. I know guys up north with bow average highschool that work the mines and make more rhan any one i know including university kids.
Shit dude I went to college for three years became a 'technologist', and went back to my old job becauee no one woukd hire me local. Only job I could have got was in bumfuck Kenora or Wood Buffalo northern alberta. Fuckkkkk thhhhaatttttt. Id rather work my shit job than do that.

Keep trucking as a fork driver. Syoo hanging around 'intellectual' uni fags. They just dont get it.

Bullshit. No one is cunty enough to ostracize a forklift driver... Not even an Canadian.

>Get into a trade union and make an assload as a welder or boilermaker in dem tar sands OP.

I went to trade school to become an engineering technologist but with the oil crash there's no jobs, I work with lots of laid off engineers too

lol same here, this is why I have reservations about university, what's the point if you don't get a job?

I dunno I live in Niagara everyone is a depressed welfare nigger alcoholic here he must be from Toronto or someshit but even there I doubt it

These are leafs we are talking about.

If your a forklift driver, I reccomended working at "distribution centres".

I found those places paid the best wages.

Fuck the haters, drive that forklift. Work your way up to some other better paying blue collar shit. Blue collar jobs build more character than most white collar jobs.

>t. 40 y/o uni student

>Mechanized forklift fails to line up properly with misaligned/damaged pallet
>Sends prong through several thousand dollarydoos of inventory and proceeds to scatter shit everywhere
Pretty sure forklift operator will stay around like Final QA inspectors stay around in fully automated factories. A person can think on their feet if an unknown defect arises in a run of widgets

I too am a forklift slave. It is constant work, mediocre pay, and once you're on that thing, you'll most likely never get off. Logistics will never let you go unless you quit. I hope you find your way user, there's something better for you out there. Let it find you first.

probably this

>lol same here, this is why I have reservations about university, what's the point if you don't get a job?

so you can lord it over your scumbag friends if they give you lip about your forklift job

>4 years for a bachelors

American education. The only time a bachelors takes 4 years here is when an entire year is a work placement.

>Wait until the GodEmperor assrapes OPEC
>Work in the new Canadian oil boom

>21 years old
>3.6 GPA (math classes fucked me)
>Already guaranteed to get Law School
>Many guys in my Fraternities dad's have their own firms
>My brother about to start at another firm
>fiancé father is owns a shit ton real estate (Topeka KS so not amazing but still over 500k a year)
>she is also on track to do great in veterinarian school at K-State

As shitty as my life can be sometimes, I really am blessed. Sorry about your luck man

iktf

I'm a college grad that sucks at interviews so I'm still stuck at my blue collar job that I've been working at since high school.

tfw shoppers think i'm an uneducated beast of the field
tfw don't fit in with the uneducated co-workers at my job

so this is what limbo feels like...

>heard yall make 100k+ a year
depends. the 100k people are 30-year longshoremen, usually.

This. Get specialized. There's no point trying to get into academia, all its going to do is make you unhappy. Specialize in areas you know are in demand and you enjoy. I wish I didn't go to uni and instead did an apprenticeship.

Get on disability like me, my man. You can get it for mental shit nowadays.

Every day is Saturday!

I'm also a forklift driver. The robots are coming for my jerb:

youtu.be/pkBteoGM6KY

Just saw the video for the first time. Jesus kek my sides

youtube.com/watch?v=9z77oztO6UQ

End yourself degenerate

OP's probably making this up. I used to be a forklift operator. The only individual who insulted me for it did so as part of a misguided attempt to brag about how intelligent he was for working on an oil rig instead of going to school. At the time I was in law school and working as a forklift operator casually (I had been full time before undergrad).

Now I make a decent six figure salary and that stupid faggot is out of work, so joke's on him.

Wait really? The only time it doesn't take 4 years here is if you already have college credit or go to a college that specializes in getting 3 year degrees.

Too old? My brother went at 40 and got his computer engineering degree dumb fuck, and he was fucked from the first gulf war so very socially anxious.

This.
>drive forklift
>visit Germany
>constant blowjobs

25 isn't too old, but if you don't do it soon you'll never do it

how many classes per semester? you could easily shave a year off the time it takes to get a degree here by cutting a few general education courses. only about half the courses i've ever taken were actually relevant and/or useful

I was a forklift driver for a wholesale distributer made 27.50/hr and paid my way through UTI and became a diesel mechanic (53.50/hr) then went back to school at 26 to study History and now I work part time while I finish my Masters and get going on red pilling sheltered faggots.

We'll all make it kiddo keep up the shit and fuck all those who stand in your way!

boy pussy or gtfo